What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting.

Comments

• Florin85Florin85 Joined: Posts: 7
  • Florin85Florin85 Joined: Posts: 7
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Good stick. B)
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,130
    I bought this one: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2015-Hori-Real-Arcade-Pro-V-Hayabusa-Fighting-Game-Stick-Controller-PS4-PS3-FS-/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/mMcAAOSwEeFU2bxJ/$_57.JPG

Should have it in 1-2 weeks. Expensive but I can sell my Madcatz TE stick for PS3 then and I need a high quality stick for GG Xrd and all upcoming FGs on PS4.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • foliefolie Joined: Posts: 62
    edited February 2015
    Guys, can anyone tell me something? http://www.amazon.fr/Manette-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-pour/dp/B00E95EUGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424445749&sr=8-1&keywords=qanba+q1
    I want to order that stick , from that website , cuz it's the only one so far I've found selling it. I was wondering , is the stick new? I don't understand one bit of french and I can't tell if it says that it's a new product sold by Qanba or if it's used. I would appreciate a fast response if possible , I don't want the stock to run out.

PS: @Florin85 , how do you actually make that WII U stick work with a ps3 though? I'm pretty sure you need a WII U controller to make it work.
    Post edited by folie on
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,540
    edited February 2015
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,878

That price is high way robbery
    The Hori Fightstick VX is worth around $50 not $184.95

Here is a more reasonably priced Hori Fightstick VX, and I say that as shipping included
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hori-Fighting-Stick-VX-HX353U-Fight-Stick-/321652690647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae3fe8ed7

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,540
    I'm back , now with my credit card up and ready to order .
    Which one of those two sticks should I buy?
    http://www.amazon.de/Arcade-Fighting-Stick-für-Xbox360/dp/B00NOAWLBE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424776826&sr=8-2&keywords=mayflash+stick
    http://www.amazon.fr/Manette-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-pour/dp/B00E95EUGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424445749&sr=8-1&keywords=qanba+q1

I've heard many good things about the qanba q1 , but then people said it may have pcb problems . Then there is the mayflash v2( I think that is the V2 , it looks like it from the picture on the box ) which people say is a good stick. Which one of the two should I get , or are there any better options in that price range? I'm shopping on amazon.co.uk/ amazon.de / amazon.it / amazon.fr , so basically all european amazons , I cannot order from the us due to the huge shipping taxes , ridiculous vat and more. Thanks ^^.
    Can anyone tell me? Are things true about the qanba q1? Or is it a safe buy? If not should I go for the mayflash?
    Both are decent, both are electronics so both could fail like anything else, there's a whole thread about the Mayflash and the last pages people talk about that vs the Q1.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,431
    I feel like you're getting much more bang for the buck with the v2.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Hmm , I guess I will look around , maybe i can find some more info on the mayflash .
  • financialwarfinancialwar Joined: Posts: 96
    So only six buttons will on the Atrox if I use it for PC?
    I did also leave a post in the mayflash thread , I did not find any reviews on the thing , but I might just order it , I mean , I've never owned a stick , what the hell do I gotta lose , I mean beside 70 euros .
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989

Is xpadder your friend.

App can map all joystick left stick, right stick, dpad, buttons, and triggers to keyboard keys.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    Xpadder isn't going to fix the non-use of LB and LT buttons of Xbox One sticks on PC.
    Assuming you have the Xbox One version yes.
    the 360 version works fine.

okay, still deciding between the Atrox and the Qanba Q4.

About the top plate , the Qanba seem to be a lot narrower than the atrox? Does anyone has the exact measurement?

Because i need it to do a custom plate top in the future that will require a lot of vertical space.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Xpadder isn't going to fix the non-use of LB and LT buttons of Xbox One sticks on PC.

Xpadder 5.7

LEFT TRIGGERXBone%20L%20Trigger.JPG

RIGHT TRIGGERXBone%20R%20Trigger.JPG

Granted this is an official MS XBone controller that was pad-hacked ( was done during the "dark ages" of next gen pad hacking, {B.}efore {C.}rossbone ) and not an Razer Atrox Fightstick so please feel free to curb stomp me if this info is invalid.
    Don't see why the Xbox One controller triggers wouldn't work on a PC as M$ has drivers made for it, the Atrox on the other hand I have no clue about
    If I get the ps3/pc version of the madcatz TE, can I use xpadder with it?
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    If I get the ps3/pc version of the madcatz TE, can I use xpadder with it?

Probably not.

You'll improve the odds if you get a MadCatz PS3 stick with a TE-S pcb installed. Or if the worst comes to the worst then just install a cheap ZD Encoder board.
    You probably don't need to, the issue I always run into when I play on PC is that the joystick get's recognized as the d-pad or "Point of View Hat" in my earlier pic.

Most PC games look to the X-Axis/Y-Axis of a controller as the inputs for movement, it's in those cases that I have to use XPadder.

For my PS3 MadCatz TE (I have a MvC one) I just plug it in, hit the switch on the turbo panel to change the joystick to function as the left stick and I'm good to go.
    You probably don't need to, the issue I always run into when I play on PC is that the joystick get's recognized as the d-pad or "Point of View Hat" in my earlier pic.

Most PC games look to the X-Axis/Y-Axis of a controller as the inputs for movement, it's in those cases that I have to use XPadder.

For my PS3 MadCatz TE (I have a MvC one) I just plug it in, hit the switch on the turbo panel to change the joystick to function as the left stick and I'm good to go.

I don't game, I use arcade stick for Anki. So I need xpadder because it allows me to map buttons to various keys and macros.
    edited February 2015
    @financialwar

For the price of buying all these sticks you can get a cheap Zero Delay PCB to work on pc, plastic or plexiglass, drill, 30mm, 24mm drill bits, buttons, wiring and make your own top to the exact way you want your button layout to be if all it's for is Anki. Or do the same buying a cheap Mad Catz TE used somewhere and measure the top panel and cut it to put your custom one on, or make your own box out of anything, plastic tupperwear that I seen people do.
    19435d1238409643-new-arcade-stick-born-tupperware-ps2-arcade-stick.jpg
    medium_collec.jpg

edited February 2015
    Yes, I'm am planning to purchase a TE, then get custom 1/8 plexi plate made from Art.

But TE for 360 are rare in Australia.
    edited February 2015
    I don't game, I use arcade stick for Anki. So I need xpadder because it allows me to map buttons to various keys and macros.

Oh!!!, you're that guy, I remember seeing your thread.

Okay, I'll try my PS3 TE with XPadder tonight.

Post edited by Feargus001100 on
    It works.

MadCatz%20MvC%20L%20Stick.JPG

MadCatz%20MvC%20D%20Pad.JPG

MadCatz%20MvC%20R%20Stick.JPG
  • love84love84 Joined: Posts: 10
    strange, xpadder doesnt detect my triggers on the atrox one
    I so called it.

edited March 2015
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I so called it.

You rite.

I hope that isn't a $200 bummer for Atrox owners :'(
  • MicrophonicMicrophonic Headbutt Evangelist Joined: Posts: 108
    edited March 2015
    I've been pretty torn between the Venom Arcade Stick (mayflash V2 case) and the Hori RAP V. I live in Canada and the USD to CAD conversion being the way it is now makes it pretty rough to order from the us.

So it turns out that the difference in price for the 2 sticks (shipped) is about 50$-60$ CAD (depending on currency rates). Given that I have a spare JLF for the Venom, is the Hori stick 50$ better?

Thank you very much
    Profile picture from my friend Seb at tesseractmemory.tumblr.com/
    is the Hori stick 50$ better?
    Yes, and then some.

Even if you like none of the parts in both sticks, the Hrap V will have a better case and PCB than the Mayflash.
  • cognacccognacc Joined: Posts: 1
    Im looking for a custom stick but I can't figure out if they work on ps4/xbone.

Does anyone know some company that makes custom sticks compatible for ps4/xbone in Europe?
    Does hrap 3 work on xbox 360?
  • skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172

if you get a xbox 360 one yeah?
    edited March 2015
    NO.

The hrap 3 is for the PS3. The Hrap - EX works on the Xbox 360.

Post edited by Darksakul on
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    edited March 2015
    If i was to buy the new ps3/4 vlx how much does it take to mod it to work with the xbox one and how much would it cost me to hire someone who knows what theyre doing? im not into that soldering biznis

Edit: also i own a titan one as of last week, does anyone know if that would work on the vlx kuro?
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    If i was to buy the new ps3/4 vlx how much does it take to mod it to work with the xbox one and how much would it cost me to hire someone who knows what theyre doing? im not into that soldering biznis

Edit: also i own a titan one as of last week, does anyone know if that would work on the vlx kuro?

We have no idea what PCB is inside until people who ordered gets it shipped to them and takes photos and tests for common ground.

As for the Titan One, once again it comes down to the fact we have no idea what PCB is inside. Only that the case and parts are top notch.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)