What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting.

Comments

• Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    Im gonna end up changing the artwork so yhea, I guess the pro N is better, hopefully cheaper too. I hope templates get made here in srk. Just wanna know if artwork without the plexi lasts, I fear that the sticker by itself get's dirty or starts peeling off due to the time that it has with no protection or something that it covers it

Art at Tek-innovations makes plexis and prints art for these sticks. You'll want to look at the hori Soul Calibur V stick section, since that's what these basically are.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 875
    Unless you're using a custom PCB, I'd say the TE2+ as from what I know it has the lowest input lag of all commercial sticks at 2ms, besides the custom PCBs which have no lag. To the best of my knowledge the Hori VLX has 16ms input lag.
  • mhugh003mhugh003 Joined: Posts: 102
    Hi,

I've been away from fighting games for awhile, but want to play GG REV 2 casually (on PC)

I used to build customs on here back in college, but haven't kept up with things in the past 5 years.. and don't have the time to put together a new case.

Im looking for something cheap <$100 but moddable. I have some JLFs and OBSFs that I can swap in, so I don't care if I need to swap out knockoff parts.

I would prefer the PCB be decent, but I realize sub $100 is pretty cheap.. I can always rip out all the wiring and redo it with a custom PCB in the future if they still make those.

It'll be used on PC only as I don't own any systems anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    -Mikael
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,251
    mhugh003 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been away from fighting games for awhile, but want to play GG REV 2 casually (on PC)

I used to build customs on here back in college, but haven't kept up with things in the past 5 years.. and don't have the time to put together a new case.

Im looking for something cheap <$100 but moddable. I have some JLFs and OBSFs that I can swap in, so I don't care if I need to swap out knockoff parts.

I would prefer the PCB be decent, but I realize sub $100 is pretty cheap.. I can always rip out all the wiring and redo it with a custom PCB in the future if they still make those.

It'll be used on PC only as I don't own any systems anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Decent PCB is half the battle, I am not sure about the PC version of GG Rev 2 but get your self a Xinput compatible PCB as many PC games require it now
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Decent PCB is half the battle, I am not sure about the PC version of GG Rev 2 but get your self a Xinput compatible PCB as many PC games require it now

Thanks, I hadn't heard of xinput before now.

Do you know of any custom boards that support Xinput? Something like a PS360 or Brook fight board.

..or one of the cheaper retail sticks that support it?
    -Mikael
    Darksakul wrote: »

Thanks, I hadn't heard of xinput before now.

Do you know of any custom boards that support Xinput? Something like a PS360 or Brook fight board.

..or one of the cheaper retail sticks that support it?

Both the PS360 and the Brooks UFB board supports it, Xinput is a Microsoft exclusive API layer for controllers and apart of Direct X since Direct X 10 I believe.
    Some boards have to be put into Xbox 360 or Xbox One mode while others have a dedicated PC mode.

The Newer Hori PS4 sticks has a PC only Xinput mode.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,304
    edited June 18
    @mhugh003

XInput for less than $100 gives you a few good options:
    Brook Ultimate Fighting Board ($85-90), Brook PS3/PS4 Fight Board ($30-50), and Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio ($65).

I'll leave the research on this options up to you
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/Fighting Board/list.html
    Thanks for your input guys!

I don't mind padhacking, but the Brook PS3/PS4 board looks easy to solder, and really inexpensive.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap mayflash to use as a shell, and rewiring it with the ~$30 Brook board. I think it's my cheapest option since I have the extra Sanwa stuff laying around.
    -Mikael
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 73
    Bois, pls help. Can someone confirm the price of $63 dollars and tell me that the fightstick is still available?. I have like $55 and if it's still available I'd buy it instantly.

http://www.play-asia.com/soul-calibur-v-fighting-stick/13/704iul

There's also a discount offer on the ps3 version of this same fightstick. I the 360 version is not available, i'll buy the ps3 one, but I need to know first if the ps3 version works on pc too. Im still gonna add a brook pcb later.
  • porfirionporfirion Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm looking for a PS4/PC stick. Been eyeing a used (like new) TE2+ and a new Hori Tekken 7. Both look great and use x-input but also have small problems. TE2+ is said to be kinda unreliable when it comes to PCB and it has this Mad Catz thing where the metal bracket for the joystick is too close to one of the buttons so the screw-on Seimitsus I have on hand won't fit.

Hori on the other hand seems to be perfect (never used a noir layout, seems interesting) but I'm unsure on the input lag. I had a HRAP4 and the delay was really noticeable. The design also leaves me cold, the upcoming HRAP N looks way cooler but I'm not sure if it will ever leave Japan.

Please advise.

edited June 23
    Just a point to note: the TE2+ does not natively support XInput. It requires drivers to be installed in order to supply XInput compatibility.

This means that you better have the file stored on a cloud drive account somewhere forever.
    Post edited by jopamo on
    Yeah, I know. Got the drivers stored already. What I'm asking is basically: does the Hori Tekken 7 have a new, faster PCB than the HRAP4? Are there any reviews on that?
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 69
    porfirion wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a PS4/PC stick. Been eyeing a used (like new) TE2+ and a new Hori Tekken 7. Both look great and use x-input but also have small problems. TE2+ is said to be kinda unreliable when it comes to PCB and it has this Mad Catz thing where the metal bracket for the joystick is too close to one of the buttons so the screw-on Seimitsus I have on hand won't fit.

Hori on the other hand seems to be perfect (never used a noir layout, seems interesting) but I'm unsure on the input lag. I had a HRAP4 and the delay was really noticeable. The design also leaves me cold, the upcoming HRAP N looks way cooler but I'm not sure if it will ever leave Japan.

Please advise.

The Hori Real Arcade Pro.V Hayabusa looks promising, think it comes out next month - if you're looking for an official stick. Check out the Panzer FS3 though, I don't get people paying $300 for TE2+ on eBay (knowing the issues it has stock) when you get could get a Panzer in the same price range (with a Brook Universal Fighting Board).
    HRAP V Hayabusa is already out. You meant the HRAP N Hayabusa.
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 69
    jopamo wrote: »
    HRAP V Hayabusa is already out. You meant the HRAP N Hayabusa.

Oh, I meant the Real Arcade Pro.V Hayabusa 2017 version

http://shoryuken.com/2016/11/16/hori-announces-new-2017-model-of-their-real-arcade-pro-v-hayabusa-with-headphone-support/
    I think HRAP N is more likely to come out to the west. Arcadeshock posted this photo of the Hori booth on E3:
    pj6w904.jpg
  • HarleyBenistaHarleyBenista Joined: Posts: 31
    Mad Cat C.T.R.L.R I had for 6 months. I am planning to change it now.
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    porfirion wrote: »
    I think HRAP N is more likely to come out to the west. Arcadeshock posted this photo of the Hori booth on E3:
    pj6w904.jpg

August 15 on Amazon!
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 81
    Hori Real Arcade PRO 4 VLX Taito working with mac?
    unaigalder wrote: »

Did you really need to ALSO create a separate thread for this question?...
    jopamo wrote: »

Did you really need to ALSO create a separate thread for this question?...

Jopamo has a point, making multiple threads to ask the same question is frond upon
  • EasymodeXEasymodeX Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi, had a couple newbie questions on the sticks:

1. I looked through and decided to pick up a HORI RAP stick -- looks like the main difference between 4 and 5 is 4=PS4/PS3, and 5=XB1. I plan on using the stick on a PC and could use either stick (although the XB1 stick will probably be slightly more compatible thanks to Microsoft). Is there any other notable functional difference between the v4 and v5?

2. I'm looking to get a "bat" type stick replacement. Will a Sanwa bat stick with adapter work with one of the sticks above? I assume it should but would like to get confirmation.

Thanks in advance.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    There's no such thing as a HRAP 5. V = Vewlix.

1. They both work on PC (there's no such thing as "slightly more compatible" , at least between those two models), HRAP 4 Kai works on PS3/PS4/PC, HRAP V works for Xbox One/PC. Other than that there's no difference.
    2. Yes.
    Newer Hori PS4 sticks has a selector switch for ps3, ps4 and PC (xinput). Only incompatibility is with the first run of Hori sticks lacking xinput for the games that require it, and there ways around that.
  • EasymodeXEasymodeX Joined: Posts: 2
    edited July 18
    Thank you both for the feedback. Regarding compatibility, I was referring more to the driver side of things with Windows. Microsoft has more direct support for Xbox compatible controllers; PS4 compatible controllers work but can be inconsistent in certain games re: xinput and sometimes need wrappers to work effectively. I suspect more recent games (and fighting games in particular) will have zero issues so it was a fringe consideration.

Either way the 4s were out of stock so I went with the 5. Availability makes the decision simple I guess? Lol.
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 56
    I'm thinking of getting a cheap mayflash to use as a shell, and rewiring it with the ~$30 Brook board. I think it's my cheapest option since I have the extra Sanwa stuff laying around.
    Keep your eyes on ebay, I just saw a mint HRAP3 sell for $55. Much better shell than Mayflash and you get a bonus JLF.
    Snubnoze wrote: »
    Keep your eyes on ebay, I just saw a mint HRAP3 sell for $55. Much better shell than Mayflash and you get a bonus JLF.

Thanks for the heads up!

My wife actually got me an AFS enclosure for my B-Day last weekend though.. super stoked about it.
    -Mikael
    edited July 21
    Congrats. They're great cases. Got two that I'm wiring up (slowly) myself.
    I'm really impressed with the case, and my wife said Aaron was super cool to work with.

Should have it done in about a week or so. It's been a bit since I've wired a stick though lol
    -Mikael
    LS-56 is very bad to fighting games but it´s great game for shooting and danmakus games.
    IT´s better Hori hayabusa better than LS-56?
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    LS-56 is very bad to fighting games but it´s great game for shooting and danmakus games.

Eh? I've won local Street Fighter, KoF, and Virtua Fighter tournaments with an LS-56.
    gahrling wrote: »

Eh? I've won local Street Fighter, KoF, and Virtua Fighter tournaments with an LS-56.

For me is to tight to play for example to Ryu and Ken i fail hadoken and shoryunken a lots
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471

Hayabusa is very different from the 56- long throw, more loose engage, lighter spring. If those are what you prefer, then you will like it.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.

Hayabusa is very different from the 56- long throw, more loose engage, lighter spring. If those are what you prefer, then you will like it.

I use a Sanwa jlf with this stick i working fine with fighting games, shooters and Danmaku the throw is a little big and it´s little difficult made short movements without focus
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    The Hayabusa isn't terribly different from the JLF. The switches and gate feel a bit different, engage is slightly more loose and throw is a little longer. I'd say the biggest difference is that it feels a bit more solid due to the differences in construction. If you like a tight engage and short throw for shmups and the more JLF like feel for fighting games, I'd say your best bet is to keep two different sticks.
    The Hayabusa isn't terribly different from the JLF. The switches and gate feel a bit different, engage is slightly more loose and throw is a little longer. I'd say the biggest difference is that it feels a bit more solid due to the differences in construction. If you like a tight engage and short throw for shmups and the more JLF like feel for fighting games, I'd say your best bet is to keep two different sticks.

OK i think that Hori Hayabusa has short throw almost as good that LS-56 but without tight shaft.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    Hayabusa throw is longer than a JLF, at least with my years of experience with both.

OK i think that Hori Hayabusa has short throw almost as good that LS-56 but without tight shaft.

Are you sure we're talking about the same hori hayabusa? Its throw it nothing like the 56.

• VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 2,390
    I need a decent pad with an analog stick. Can't play anything on DPad to save my life.
    Price tag can't be too steep, but I'm mostly interested in knowing which ones are good so I can search them somewhere closer to me so I don't need to import.
    The only one I found around my area so far was a Madcatz Fightpad Pro. Don't know if it's good though.

Any suggestions?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • mobbdeepmobbdeep king of srk Joined: Posts: 425
    edited November 19
    hitbox is were it is at
    Beast_Mode552 capcom fight id