CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!

TacticsTactics Joined: Posts: 1,871
edited June 2016 in Midwest
PLEASE VISIT OUR CHICAGO COMMUNITY FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE!!! We are very active on it with around 500 members! Info is updated constantly and is the best source for gatherings, events and tournaments!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChicagoFightingGameCommunity/

******************************UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS*******************
Post edited by Tactics on

Comments

• TacticsTactics Joined: Posts: 1,871
    reserved!
    Reserved!
  • Heroic_LegacyHeroic_Legacy Hero of all Theory Fighters Joined: Posts: 1,385
    Congratulations to:

Mario for winning Vampire Saviour (Woot woot 8-2)
    Noah for 3rd in AH3 (Beats should've gone and taken everyone's money anyway)
    Clayton for 3rd in Mystery Game Tournament (Clayton is definitely the Deadliest Warrior)
    Limbo for top 8 in MK9 (Cyrax makes everyone look bad the first time)
    Frankie for top 8 in MvC3 (Good shit vs Justin)
    Spriggan and Marcus for top 16 in SSF4 (Let's all main Yun in AE)

I suck. I didn't place anywhere decent in tournament play.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
  • KobayashiKobayashi Audio Enthusiast, DJMAX Addict Joined: Posts: 1,014
    ^Didn't you place second in MK character auction tourney? Sandbagger.
    Chicago Top 30 Burger Quest - 23/30 complete
  • rikcrikc Joined: Posts: 520
    Great meeting a few of you this weekend at UFGT! I didn't even know Spriggan was from Chicago when he wiped the floor with my Adon in a mirror match (on the stream, even. oh goddddd).

I'm richardserious on PSN and AIM. I play SF3 (Elena and Necro) and SF4 (Adon, Chun and Honda). I'm trying to learn MVC3 but could use some help, I'm total garbage right now. Very interested in the KOF series as well and own copies of 00/01, 02/03 and XI for ps2 (but I suck at those, as well).

I live in Ukranian Village (near the Division blue line) and have a car.
    ^Didn't you place second in MK character auction tourney? Sandbagger.

That isn't even fair. Only 4 or 5 of the players were good in that thing. And the only good person I fought was Perfect Legend and he blew me up.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    shouts to shiki (i got your 32.50 for the buttons) flying v (got your twenty bucks hit me with an email for paypal) " ff" frankie g (good marvel3 showing and leaving a tourney to go win another one is gdlk) clayton (thanks for the quick sodder,you made the arcade stream possible because of that .) Mario (fuckin mummys revenge) and to the hitbox (for how funny it breaks st and vs,you guys need to get that shit banned with the quickness)
  • RageQuit420RageQuit420 soufside Joined: Posts: 185
    why do the posts keep getting pushed further and further to the right of the page as they go down? do i have to change something in my settings or is the site just fucked right now since they changed it…? im literally reading posts as a single vertical line of text
    BlazeGreen is the best game. I practice it 3 times a day.
  • DeadXIIIDeadXIII Joined: Posts: 494
    AREAXIII will be open tomorrow starting at 6pm. Good job to everyone who participated/supported UFTG this past weekend. Now it's time to get back to the grind. Too many players just show up to play. Not enough of you are helping others. If you see people who need help put your ego aside and give some advice. Many players I see are still playing at the same level that they were when I first met them. These casual meet ups are for learning more than anything so do your part.

See you guys tomorrow.
    Got Rocks???
  • TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    This weekend was too much fun. Real talk.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Hope you guys enjoyed the party i threw for you! <3
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Devils ReverseDevils Reverse Avec Amour Joined: Posts: 544
    leave it to fuckin FRANK to place high at UFGT....good shit homie
    The end has come.
  • LimboLimbo Team IFD Joined: Posts: 111
    Had a blast this weekend. Hope to see a lot of people at Area XIII tomorrow. After several thorough ass beatings at ufgt, I've decided to finally change up my MvC3 team, so I'll be trying stuff out. I have a lot to learn about MK9 still as well, especially against certain characters. Can't wait for AE next week. New main inc...?
    Team IFD
    ifdwear.com
    I'll be stealing KBeast's Chris team since it was hilarious.
  • Franchyze22Franchyze22 Lifeless Joined: Posts: 147
    Once again goods games to everyone who did well, and if you didn't do well, i'm sure you did better than me :/ UFGT has taught me i need more experience and i need to actually get help from other people, and maybe quit with me "never play any high tier character attitude" (Except cyber sub zero) Anyways i reconstructed my team in marvel, waiting on AE to improve my Juri, and learn Yang. And as for mk. >_> not giving up on jade, ill find a way to beat everyone with her. Anyways here is my info.

Julian Turner Aka Franchyze22/Catch_22
    Chicago South suburbs(Dolton)
    Xbox: Franchyze22
    PSN: JT2_Catch-22
    Watch my youtube Channel for the latest in things Your interested in: http://www.youtube.com/user/Franchyze22
  • IncorruptibilityIncorruptibility Joined: Posts: 224
    UFGT was amazing. Was crazy fun playing MK9 casuals til like 5 AM every night lol. Was my first tournament (let alone major) and first match was against Valle on stream, and even though I lost, I managed to take one match so that was good in my book lol. I met lots of people who lived near Chicago who were really cool. Name is Aaron (or Dizzy) if you talked to me.

I'll be moving to Tinley Park in a week or two for my new job so I should be close enough to make it to some gatherings after I get settled in. I play MK9 mostly but i'm decent in MvC3 too. Feel free to add me if you play either! (Especially MK9 =P)

PSN: Incorruptibility

Xbox is currently out of commission =(

Damn Keits that tournament was the best tournament I have ever been to, and I have been to EVO. It was just flat out fun and had so much to do, thanks again and looking forward to the next one!
  • ReyArtReyArt It's Super Dynamic Cooking Time! Joined: Posts: 1,424
    UFGT was amazing. Was crazy fun playing MK9 casuals til like 5 AM every night lol. Was my first tournament (let alone major) and first match was against Valle on stream, and even though I lost, I managed to take one match so that was good in my book lol. I met lots of people who lived near Chicago who were really cool. Name is Aaron (or Dizzy) if you talked to me.

I'll be moving to Tinley Park in a week or two for my new job so I should be close enough to make it to some gatherings after I get settled in. I play MK9 mostly but i'm decent in MvC3 too. Feel free to add me if you play either! (Especially MK9 =P)

The MK9 2v2 Tag Team Tourney we had in Michaelangelo's room was hype! \m/
  • xian1989xian1989 Joined: Posts: 428

that shit was too fun. Michaelangelo is definitely an awesome guy and Valle blowing up our late night MK stream was godlike. ReyArt against kano and jax if they do x-ray mash spin since it puts you air borne so you cant get grabbed.

The name is Christian. Mostly play MK9 but I do play MvC3.
    XBL: Xian2
    Seriously fuck that spear wielding mofo by the name of Tekkaman Blade and his fucking touch of death.

Head Tourney Admin of Allisfighter.com
  • 1ChrisM1ChrisM Joined: Posts: 126
    Props to Tactics for starting the new thread
    and to our top placing local players

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

I'm Chris and I'm an...wait...that's not right..

XBox: Sequential Pulp
    PSN: Deliverator_CS25
    GGPO will also be Sequential Pulp once I get ports forwarded and my stick working on the computer.

From the western suburbs (Lisle, specifically)
    Playing SSF4 (Cammy. Looking to add Yang, and possibly Akuma)
    MK9 (Raiden. Gonna hit training with Sub Zero)
    If there were more people to play with, I'd love to level up in older games, too.
    CvS2, 3rd Strike, looking at getting into Vampire Savior, SFA2 and/or 3
  • xShonuffxxShonuffx Who's Da Masta? Joined: Posts: 556
    Wassup everyone, names Nate, aka Shonuff
    I live in Chicago, IL Southside on 95th and Loomis.

XBOX Gamertag Xlx Shonuff xlX
    I play MvC3, SSFIV, MK9
    I have Blazblue CS2 but I rarley play it.

I have no car (yet) and it seems every mode of transportation ends with driving the rest of the way which sucks. I hope our community can grow where our Chicago transit can actually meet for once. Looking forward to playing everyone an leveling up.

UFGT7 was my first major, I was so impressed with how well everything was run. Thanks for your hard work Keits, I'm looking forward to next year.

Nice job Keits, Apparently you know how to throw a party
    Watch my youtube Channel for the latest in things Your interested in: http://www.youtube.com/user/Franchyze22
    Nice seeing all these new faces, hope to see some of you at a gathering or something soon to get some games in.

Also in regards to transportation and city players I will most iikely move close to the Lisle area in a few months and will be holding weekly gatherings again on Saturday Nights.
  • J4!J4! Joined: Posts: 77
    Name: James F.
    Handle: J4nereau on PS3, have an xbox but no fighters for it, only shooters.
    Unfortunately i live way up by wisconsin, like 2 hours from the city, got a truck but can only seat one other person in it. Good news only an hr from area 13
    Want to play: Right now really heavy with MK9 it was my first game i ever actually owned on any system. Also trying to get back into Street fighter, just picked up Super again. And hopefully AE soon. I have MvC3 don't really play it anymore though.
    Hope to meet you all soon at one of the venues, most likely Area XIII, so when i show up be nice to the noob please :)
    I'm most likely going to come to the gathering on Saturday. I have to be back in the city for a show late at night, but still plenty of time to chow (I'll think of something good to make/bring) and play some games!
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,306
    Sucks I'm in a pretty sucky situation right now but i'll post anyway.
    Real Name is Vik live on chicago southside 68th\Stoney Island. I play\or am garbage at SSF4 (Pad) and MvC3(Stick) I'm pretty much dirt poor right now, only real means of transportation is CTA(no car)..I'd Love to kick it and meet with you guys but dunno how I would make it out to Addison but yeah I'm online all day most of the time and lookin for a job, who isnt though lol.
    PSN: Spycarnegy - MVC3\SSF4

=
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • BananazBananaz Joined: Posts: 6
    Names jeff
    South burbs, chicago heights
    Xbox: jae bananas
    Psn: jei-be
    I play ssf4, i was the scrubby ken at gw last thurs. Met joe(deadxiii) he told me to post.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    why do the posts keep getting pushed further and further to the right of the page as they go down? do i have to change something in my settings or is the site just fucked right now since they changed it…? im literally reading posts as a single vertical line of text

lol that happens when i view the site on my phone

u
    n
    t
    i
    l
    e
    v
    e
    r
    y
    p
    o
    s
    t
    l
    o
    o
    k
    s
    l
    i
    k
    e
    t
    h
    i
    s
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    Yeah my girl came and rushed me outta there. i woulda pmed you earlier but work all day. Ill see if i can use someone i knows pp and pay them just pm me the info.

and we never had our mk session dammit >:(

No worries, let me know if you find someone and I'll shoot you my PP info.

Yeah, I never did get much MK after that auction, for next time I suppose.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    Once again goods games to everyone who did well, and if you didn't do well, i'm sure you did better than me :/ UFGT has taught me i need more experience and i need to actually get help from other people, and maybe quit with me "never play any high tier character attitude" (Except cyber sub zero) Anyways i reconstructed my team in marvel, waiting on AE to improve my Juri, and learn Yang. And as for mk. >_> not giving up on jade, ill find a way to beat everyone with her. Anyways here is my info.

Julian Turner Aka Franchyze22/Catch_22
    Chicago South suburbs(Dolton)
    Xbox: Franchyze22
    PSN: JT2_Catch-22

Wolverine/Deadpool/Sentinel as one of you MvC3 teams huh? Did you decide to play that team before or after you saw me blowin people up on the stage!? LoL!! I kid. It's a sick ass team. People sleep on Deadpool so much.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
    Hey Syxx could you give me a call when you get the chance?
  • amialionamialion Joined: Posts: 18
    psn: amialion
    game: ssf4, ae(deejay mostly but moving towards guy)
    loc: northside of chicago, by the end of the brown line

HEY, anyone got any extra bluetooth headsets theyre willing to let go for cheaps?

-Ari
  • DeadXIIIDeadXIII Joined: Posts: 494
    AREAXIII will be open tomorrow starting at 6pm. Good job to everyone who participated/supported UFTG this past weekend. Now it's time to get back to the grind. Too many players just show up to play. Not enough of you are helping others. If you see people who need help put your ego aside and give some advice. Many players I see are still playing at the same level that they were when I first met them. These casual meet ups are for learning more than anything so do your part.

See you guys tomorrow.

Correction, AREAXIII will be open at 6:30pm. My bad, See everyone tonight.

Also, AREAXIII will not be open again until June 14th. I will be busy all next week so I will not be opening again until then.

L8R!
    Got Rocks???
  • HousefaceHouseface Joined: Posts: 88
    oh man, ufgt7 was fun as hell. Nice meeting and seeing alot of you again. Nice meeting you rikc, good to know players are in the hood!

PSN: houseface. ssfiv:Abel & MVC3. Located in Humboldt/Ukranian village. No wheels but looking to bum rides or start something up in the city.

Post UFGT7 highlight: ReyArt's Mii showing up on my 3DS and completing the metroid puzzle.
  • bombchivobombchivo HAHA!BINGO!HAHA! Joined: Posts: 432
    360- bombchivo
    ps3- bombchivo
    ggpo- bombchivo

CVS2, SSF4, any ther old game. I'll play anything once!

Everyone go to Domingos on Saturday!!!!

Good Shit to Mario in VS. I wish I was there to talk shit!!!!

I was the drunken master on Friday lol!!
    "wow, i thought i was the only one who answers the fone saying "who the fuck is this? tiger uppercut!" MaguScruB
    Srk's pick up lines:
    I'll rep you for a bj.
    Hey girl, can i get your number... and them rings, and that purse?! Bitch break yourself!
    Hey baby, wanna go halves on a bastard?
  • NivesNives hit buttons for combos Joined: Posts: 1,510
    xbl: INives
    psn: INives

guilty gear, mvc3, ssf4, starcraft2
    teyah~
  • beardedbearded like a lizard on a windowpane Joined: Posts: 166
    I don't like how location/psn/gamertag aren't shown on each post anymore...

I know most of you guys already, but if anyone else wants to add me, my psn is beardedjoe and i'm in naperville. i'm pretty much only playing marvel these days.

See everyone at dead's tonight.
    Thank you guys for posting your info, even you guys that have been on the site for a while if you could post your info it would be great. And shit, we have so many people lurking I'm glad many are coming out! If you are new please by all means introduce yourself!! We definitely would love to get to know everyone.
  • JohnDewJohnDew Joined: Posts: 37
    John Dewinski
    West Suburbs, Carol Stream
    Handle: JohnDew
    PSN: JohnDew

Wish I could make it to XIII tonight >< Guess I'll just open up the fourteenth :]
  • TRANCEADICTTRANCEADICT APPLEEEESSS.O.G CVS2 Joined: Posts: 324
    yo im looking to host on days there isnt shit going on..loking at a future friday....ill even do sunday's....
    im also looking 4 dedicated mk players to play offline strictly MK9..not ssf4..mvc3..but MK9...(CVS2)
    SHAOLINTEMPLECHICAGO.COM
    SIFU SHI YAN JU.....
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,306
    Since were doing introductions....nah jk. Think I'm just like the rest of the guys around here, I'm broke, and on summer vacation looking for a job. College is done for the year and no summer classes so I'm pretty much doing nothing every day lol and I just want to get better at the MvC3\SSF4. It sucks though being 20 cant really go to Gameworks on thurs, and even if I was of age no car :/. What up bombchivo! I always forget about u man lol, I was the guy with dannkk when galloping arcade first opened up
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    Wolverine/Deadpool/Sentinel as one of you MvC3 teams huh? Did you decide to play that team before or after you saw me blowin people up on the stage!? LoL!! I kid. It's a sick ass team. People sleep on Deadpool so much.

Lol, i actually thought of that team the day before the tournament, but i did see you playing it so i was writing down tips in my phone lol.
  • SuinameSuiname Chinpokoriffic Joined: Posts: 262
    UFGT was amazing, auction draft tourneys are a great idea. See you at Dead's tonight
  • BeaTs*BeaTs* ∞ Consciousness Joined: Posts: 6,518
    oh here's the new thread. good OPs, Tactics

Juan
    South Side
    PSN: beatsofdevil
    XBL: BEATSofD
    online games: arcana heart 3, mvc2, 3rd strike (I'll prob try this out if netplay is decent), CvS2 (whenever it gets online). (wishful thinking: SoulCalibur2 online).
    Love and Light Arcana, Awakening comes in Flower Multilayers
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Arcana Heart 3 matches and combos: youtube.com/juanniG
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    fun hanging with a lot of you this weekend

props to frank for playing so well to get winners top8 but DAMNIT man you had that match against justin heh
    Lol for a second when I kept seeing people say Frank I would wonder who the hell it was. Now I know its Frankie....I mean Frank.
  • SuinameSuiname Chinpokoriffic Joined: Posts: 262
    On the stream during the SFIV auction tuboware admitted he cannot call a grown man frankie, so he kept calling him frank
  • DannkkDannkk Joined: Posts: 1,761
    xbox360:Dannkk
    games: SSF4, MVC3
    Bombing for peace is like f%@&;ing for virginity. - bumper sticker
    My Mods - http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/Dannkk/Dual%20Mods/