UIUC/Central IL 2016 Thread - IFD Land! Facebook group more active.

humbaghumbag Team IFDJoined: Posts: 7,403
edited February 2016 in Midwest
This thread is primarily for the UIUC fighting game scene in Champaign/Urbana, IL.

However this thread also serves the Central, IL region in general.

The UIUC thread has been going for many years now and our scene is continuing to grow thanks to all the new fighters that have been released in the past few years.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/207199516039708/

LOL UPDATED not really.

Post edited by humbag on

Comments

• TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL FIRST POST UNDER JAMES (caps)
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
  • FllexoFllexo No-bahdy castop me!!!! Joined: Posts: 997
    God, you're a scrub, Brock...
    The King of Fighters XIII

Mains: Billy / K' / Shen
  • oms3oms3 kayloud Joined: Posts: 707
    This calls for a celebration in the form of big font

YAY!!!
    Also I'm changing my name to kaylond, shoutouts to Seb
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    GAMES AT MY HOUSE ON SATURDAY 6-LATE
  • latino kourcklatino kourck Joined: Posts: 459
    GAMES AT MY HOUSE ON SATURDAY 6-LATE
    hey are you gonna have a sumotori dreams setup? that game is my shit
    Got so much heat that I fog your mom's glasses
    Proof is in the pudding and the pudding's in my pants
    You heard me rap and now watch me dance
    Anyone else get sick? I'm starting to feel pretty shitty.
    Ultimate Fighting Game T-Virus.

I feel fine.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    I am actually pretty fucking sick. I was feeling it on Sunday and today I felt like utter shit.
    Everyone underestimates the kick to the groin.

NO DONT YOU EVER DO THIS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
  • r0b0_b0br0b0_b0b Not Jewish Joined: Posts: 396
    I also feel sick. My stomach is all, wtf.
    With every mistake, we must surely be learning
  • Blitzkreig313Blitzkreig313 All Glory To The Hypnotoad... Joined: Posts: 465
    I felt like I was getting sick saturday, but I just drank lots o water and kept doing my sinus rinse and I feel fine atm.

In other news, TOP 16 AT EVO SON! Im declaring it now! Ima be stuck on SF (Super and AE) Like a fat kid on a pan o ribs! Im goin in son!!!
    Brock: Dennis, who gave you that hundred dollar bill!?
    Dennis: My dad...
    Brock: O_O YOU HAVE A FATHER????
  • YoungJRunner14YoungJRunner14 Jigo Joined: Posts: 282
    Can I expect to see you guys at the next gameworks tournament on the 26th and more of you this time? Dennis (really want to learn the Akuma match up now. Tokido says its a bad matchup for Akuma in this game, but I always learn something from youe Akuma), Julian, Musa, Tonloc,Joe, Humbag?

Mike should come to get that 0-2 demon out of the soul (no diss). But cant wait to see you guys again. Always a good time.

Got to fight PR Rog and fLOE for the first time last week, and I did really well. Cant wait to see whos leveled up!
    "I will become a great fighter someday...Just you wait and see..."-Sakura
    ^ Like the new avatar, J. Respect dat Sakura. :tup:

^ Like the new avatar, J. Respect dat Sakura. :tup:

Thanks. I like dat yung Guile yo. It looks like that nigga is telling somebody: THIS IS AMERICA, SON!
    Just wanted to say, I think SSF4:AE will be a great game. I think that if they do something about Yun, Yang and maybe Fei Long, I think the game would be perfect. But if Capcom doesn't patch this, this WILL be 3rd Strike again. Please explain to me how AE was looking very good then Yun and Yang just bent the game over and did it in the ass. I'm fine with the rest of the game, I think its really really good, but its like having 3 SF4 Sagats in the game. Maybe in the future people will figure the twins out and things will balance themselves out, but hoping Capcom knows all about this and is going to fix this, however this "balance working as intended" shit they are saying is worrying me. I wanted Yun and Yang in Street Fighter 4 badly but damn son, dont ass rape the whole cast!!!!!
    Honestly I am more worried about Fei than Yun/Yang.

Yun and Yang may rape more characters but they do actually have losing matchups while honestly, Fei has like 0 it seems.
  • pillspills Joined: Posts: 294
    went to gw with dan last night and played some yun/yang. tbh im with james, yun and yang are most definitely fun/gdlk but fei seems to be more worry worthy
  • casiuslawcasiuslaw Joined: Posts: 64
    WUTS UP FELLAS!!
    "As long as you are convinced you have never done anything, you can never do anything."
    Malcolm X
  • r0b0_b0br0b0_b0b Not Jewish Joined: Posts: 396
    I think fei long needs nothing done to him. ;)
    With every mistake, we must surely be learning
    Honestly I am more worried about Fei than Yun/Yang.

Yun and Yang may rape more characters but they do actually have losing matchups while honestly, Fei has like 0 it seems.

I've been saying this for weeks.

And I wont make it to GW tourney this time. Sorry. Would be nice to see how my Yang would do in that tournament though. To be honest, I feel like James did a few weeks ago... Im very bored with SSF4. I NEED AE to keep me interested. I'm tired of trying to win with a poopy character. I'm ready to tier whore it out :)
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Yeah, I'm really worried about Fei, too. He simply doesn't seem to have a weakness -- not one that I can see anyway.

Also: fuck...fuck...FUCK Marvel online. Seriously, I played Jerry for a short set tonight, and it was garbage. I could not hit ANY Wesker link combos. With the exception of, like...1 time the lag spiked juuuuuuuust as I was doing something like OTG gun --> cr B. I mean this was stuff that I had just sat in Training Mode and done for 15 minutes prior to playing him, and I was hitting it 99.99999% of the time. Suddenly I hop online and my execution is fuck-all?? Outta here with that shit... :bluu:

That is my rant. Thank you. lol

Yeah I pretty much gave up hope for mvc3 online.

Really sucks because if we want to keep up with the rest of the best players we have to play and get to know matchups and our only option is online or spend all our money traveling lmao.

I think I miiiiight try and take SSF4ae more seriously online (while trying not to worry about lag matches which i used to) and just learn matchups.
    I completely agree, James. In fact, I had decided a long time ago that I wanted to actually try to reach A+ or Master status. Not because it looks "cool" (though it does kick ass lol) but because if you've reached that rank it means that you reeeeeally know your character. That's what I'm gunning for. Frankly, I don't even feel that's an unreasonable idea. I think there are a number of us here that have potential to do that if we put our minds to it.

Sure, there's a little lag, but after playing MVC again AE's online is openly welcome. I've learned to really like SFIV online. Mainly, I think, because unlike MVC, Street Fighter is a slow enough game that one little hick-up doesn't mean a missed block into full-life combo, or worse...dropped full-life combo punished with opponent's full-life combo. lol

I completely agree, James. In fact, I had decided a long time ago that I wanted to actually try to reach A+ or Master status. Not because it looks "cool" (though it does kick ass lol) but because if you've reached that rank it means that you reeeeeally know your character. That's what I'm gunning for. Frankly, I don't even feel that's an unreasonable idea. I think there are a number of us here that have potential to do that if we put our minds to it.

Sure, there's a little lag, but after playing MVC again AE's online is openly welcome. I've learned to really like SFIV online. Mainly, I think, because unlike MVC, Street Fighter is a slow enough game that one little hick-up doesn't mean a missed block into full-life combo, or worse...dropped full-life combo punished with opponent's full-life combo. lol

I'm going for dat yung GrandMaster!!!!!

But yeah, Fei Long is almost 3rd Strike Chun Li, without the cr.lk into super imo. But I have a question: Is it really true that Capcom said that they wanted this game to be unbalanced, because I dont see the point of adding all these characters and the Twins and Fei Long only get played? That would be very,very, very, very, booooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.......

Real talk.......no bullshit....
    Ive already heard strong rumors that SF4ae is going to be rebalaced sometime into the future.
    Ive already heard strong rumors that SF4ae is going to be rebalaced sometime into the future.

Shut up Humbag your lying! LOL Naw, real talk I hope so. I have very high hopes for AE.

Also, I do think that playing onlinie does make you better. I dont that you can get better by playing the same people over and over and over again. I hate doing that, so I stopped doing so and just make my own room and fight who ever comes in. If they suck, I beat the hell out of them a couple of times, then kick them out. If they are good, learn all I can from them. Playing other playstyle helped me a shit ton. Plus my connection is really good, so I rarely drop combos. Going to be playing AE non-stop and we have it at the arcades, so time to LEVEL UP, SON!!!!! OTHER GAMES SUCK!!!!!!! Lol Jk
    Same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm HELLA excited for AE. But like you guys said I'd hate for this version to end up being Twin-Long Fighter IV. lol

I mean... Even WITH their inclusion in the actual arcade version of AE, I hardly see anyone using E. Ryu and Oni. :sad: To me that's just a waste. If I had access to AE I'd be playing the hell out of those two, mainly because no one else is (with the exception of Air).

E.Ryu seems to be aight. Oni...I am not sure. He looks slow and kind of weak with some parlor tricks.
    Same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm HELLA excited for AE. But like you guys said I'd hate for this version to end up being Twin-Long Fighter IV. lol

I mean... Even WITH their inclusion in the actual arcade version of AE, I hardly see anyone using E. Ryu and Oni. :sad: To me that's just a waste. If I had access to AE I'd be playing the hell out of those two, mainly because no one else is (with the exception of Air).

I feel you man but I pretty sure if Yun, Yang and Fei Long get patched many people will drop them like Sagat got dropped in Super. Fucking busters........
    Ohh yeah I forgot. I might be playing a LOT of sagat in AE.

This I like. :tup:

I was actually thinking the same thing.

I actually heard a lot of that from some "pros" too... Just didnt want to say anything to get people's hopes up.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    A rebalance of AE is pretty much expected honestly from how top japanese players talk about forming teams for SBO.
    And did I not call the extra characters.....................................Brock??????? LOL Nothing is concrete obviously, but c'mon -- who they tryin' to kid? :wgrin:

• pillspills Joined: Posts: 294
    i make stick templates when i want to play fighting games but feel too lazy to go to the living room and hook up the xbox, and im still too lazy to do that so i thought i might as well share them lololol
    http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h406/dpk828/
    Good shit pills. I like em! The Yun one is sick.

@Mike: I know what you said, but I didnt wanna pump your ego up so I didnt say anything after I talked to a lot of "pros" about it at Evo. Insider info is for insiders!! Get at me bro!
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Omigod, Capcom, pleeeeeeeeeeease give AE Guile a tune-up. I'm not sayin he has to be SUPER Guile again, but c'mon: at least give him his meter building back.

Sagat is pretty dope in this game. Im not even going to lie. So what the word on the ranbats? Will there be a season 3 or what?
    Omigod, Capcom, pleeeeeeeeeeease give AE Guile a tune-up. I'm not sayin he has to be SUPER Guile again, but c'mon: at least give him his meter building back.

Fuck that. Don't listen Capcom..... He fine where he is.
    No ranbat season 3. No one showed up to Brock's last season; it's a waste of his time, and frankly I don't blame him. Kinda bullshit when most of the people at your ranbat are from another town. lol

Man....Oh well, I guess. At least I got Area XIII and AE at the arcades every week....
    Still sick fuuuuuuuuuck
    No ranbat season 3. No one showed up to Brock's last season; it's a waste of his time, and frankly I don't blame him. Kinda bullshit when most of the people at your ranbat are from another town. lol

Honestly, the thing that bothered me the most, is seeing SO MANY people from our area, make it to MAJORS, but not my ranbats. Really man? Like, you can hit up every Chicago tournament and every major, but not my little ones? That's the shit that really bothered me.

And if anyone else wants to take the helm, please do. Im not stopping anyone else from running ranbats for another season, I'm just not taking responsibility for it this time.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    I had just as much to do with the ranbats if not more. Lugging setups around is a chore and its a good thing I had my laptop heh.

Honestly the ranbats were fun its just that instead of ranbats we should have done something like a 10 dollar tourny every 1-2 months. With more money more people came. The last ranbat had more people than the last 5 did haha.

I still want to try and get Bring On The Paign 2 sometime in the future. With AE, MvC3 and other games coming out in the future we could pull off something decent. Our problem is that most of us dont have the kind of money stored away to risk running a tourny at a hotel etc.

Fuck Champaign and everyplace charging Chicago prices lmao.

Bloomington?
    Ok:

Who has a car tomorrow in Champaign?

If someone does you should drive to my house and from there we can go to Zenblasters in my car.

Zen: how late are you going to go saturday?
    Patric has plans. No one else is out here.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com