UIUC/Central IL 2016 Thread - IFD Land! Facebook group more active.

Comments

• humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    Try using skrulls otg/wallbounce assist move. You might be able to get some extended combos off of it.

Also will you be able to put me up that weekend of frosty faustings?
  • r0b0_b0br0b0_b0b Not Jewish Joined: Posts: 396
    Yooo frosty faustings. Im gonna go enter KOF. James, do you know who will be on team illinois for kof?

I've been trying to play marvel more a little. Probably will use nova, but I don't really know who else.

Also, games are being held tomorrow (Friday) in David Kinley Hall room 317 @ 7PM. If anyone still reads this thread but doesn't come, we don't care about skill level. If you wanna learn how to play please come!
    With every mistake, we must surely be learning
    I dont know about team illinois yet. I think I deserve to be on it but either way I do not really care. It will be free for Illinois anyway.

In the chicago facebook group you can vote for me to be in the 5th spot. go go go.
    GRAPE 2012!
  • dialupprodialuppro yet another 09er Joined: Posts: 196
    who is on the team? james jr and dude with the mk stick im guessing
    For me, the action is the juice
    Lol morrigan.
    Games tomorrow, Friday night being held in david kinley hall room 317 @ 7PM.

This is the last meeting of the semester. Rooms are not available next weeks, as there are finals.

CELEBRATE END OF SEMESTER COME JOIN.
    Jokes are the best.
  • chainslawchainslaw chinajohn Joined: Posts: 219
    hi central IL thread!

I'm gonna be in town for a few days, wanted to see how many of you will be going to FF? If anyone is passing through or close to Peoria, I know I'd be interested in carpooling it up, that Luigi-bo scrub said he might be down as well. if there is room in a car somewhere that would be super awesome

also woo for posting on SRK. FB is too strong
    where is everybody staying for frosty? I believe i will be in Chicago on the 28th but would need somewhere to stay overnight
    You can possibly stay with me at my parent's place. We have a spare room, and are 30 min away from frosty's. Ill have to double check. Lemme know if you are interested.
    na thats ok patric, i found somewhere else to stay. ill see yall at frosty!
    Yaaaaaaay
    drunkbag is the only bag
  • TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    I miss the days when I'd check this thread every day, and new shit would be posted. Ugh.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
  • cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-2-2013-plenty-of-corn-decatur-in.174183

Your friends in Indiana is hosting a Street Fighter, Marvel, and Smash tourney in just under a month. Please take a look and consider! :)
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,993
    YOOOOOO Patrick, check out this Joe video I just came across. I don't know how I never ran across this before. Suddenly Joe seems a lot more threatening with less meter, less linear and has way more guard crush potential.

Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • pillspills Joined: Posts: 294
    Anyone got an idea of how much money I shud save up to go to evo. Like roundtrip plane tickets, hotel, food, everything included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    the min amount I should say would be in the ball park of 400-500 that is if A: you are not gonna stay at the paris B: not gonna spend much on other stuff C: dont mind hotel 6

When I went in 2011 I found a really good deal around 700 bucks total that included my round trip plane ticket, weds->sun at the Rio (where it was that year).

If I had not have found that combo dead through my airline the evo price of the hotel for that many days would have been ~500 alone plus 280+ for round trip tickets.

If you want to have a really good time in vegas I would save 1000 bucks so you can eat well, stay at the evo hotel and have spending money to do other shit. But I think 600-700 is manageable maybe even less.
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    Oh hey you drunkards. New tournament just announced in Chicago, Re-Ignition. Check the link in my sig.
  • EXPGamingEXPGaming Venue Joined: Posts: 35
    New social gaming lounge in Oak Park, IL.

Owned by 2 UIUC graduates

Tournaments every week. This Thursday @ 10pm AE, BB, & UMVC3. $5 venue fee (this includes casual play).

EXP Gaming
    6441 W. North Ave. Suite 102
    Oak Park, IL 60302
    http://www.facebook.com/EXPgamingIL
    the min amount I should say would be in the ball park of 400-500 that is if A: you are not gonna stay at the paris B: not gonna spend much on other stuff C: dont mind hotel 6

When I went in 2011 I found a really good deal around 700 bucks total that included my round trip plane ticket, weds->sun at the Rio (where it was that year).

If I had not have found that combo dead through my airline the evo price of the hotel for that many days would have been ~500 alone plus 280+ for round trip tickets.

If you want to have a really good time in vegas I would save 1000 bucks so you can eat well, stay at the evo hotel and have spending money to do other shit. But I think 600-700 is manageable maybe even less.

I saved nothing for Evo. Got sponsored. I'm a beast.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
  • oms3oms3 kayloud Joined: Posts: 707
    I forgot this thread existed. I'll try to save for evo as well.
    New forums allow me to ban by IP address. Good luck getting by me now, Dennis.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    ooooh, shiny new look.
  • CurlyWCurlyW Hello? Yes, this is dog. Joined: Posts: 877
    UFGT9 Registration is OPEN!

GOGOGOGOGO: http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/
    "Not part of the FGC" -Guy responsible for Cross Assault
  • redwallmaxredwallmax Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey guys im from Bloomington and have been playing fighting games and following the community for a number of years now but I just decided to register for my first tournament, UFGT, and have decided that its time for me to get serious and do some training. Just wondering if you guys still have meetings or play regularly? Anyways just checking in and showing some support for the scene drop me a reply with whatever information you have.
    Hey guys im from Bloomington and have been playing fighting games and following the community for a number of years now but I just decided to register for my first tournament, UFGT, and have decided that its time for me to get serious and do some training. Just wondering if you guys still have meetings or play regularly? Anyways just checking in and showing some support for the scene drop me a reply with whatever information you have.
    Hey I live in Normal although I am returning to Champaign again for work. There is a group of us that still plays. Check out our group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/207199516039708/
    We'd love to have new players come and play with us regularly. Definitely check the facebook thread out, only a few check this thread anymore.
  • SolfulJusticeSolfulJustice 12 Joined: Posts: 65
    Do we have a sfxt group here? i don't know what made 2012 so bad, but i really been enjoying 2013.
    "There is always a point to be prove, always a new experience to be sought, always a always as long as i got a full bottle, an empty cup, and a hori stick." - Rites of an Underdog
    I'm pretty sure we have a few people that play sfxt. I think a lot of people just haven't tried the new version yet. If you bring a setup to game nights then there will probably be people to play with.
  • redwallmaxredwallmax Joined: Posts: 3
    Do we have a sfxt group here? i don't know what made 2012 so bad, but i really been enjoying 2013.
    ive been playing a lot of cross tekken lately id be all about playing at a game night some time
    Game nights are Friday at 8 right, and a setup consists of a tv, console, and game right?
    "There is always a point to be prove, always a new experience to be sought, always a always as long as i got a full bottle, an empty cup, and a hori stick." - Rites of an Underdog
    @humbag, eric told me you played, but every time i jump on xbl i don't see you.
    I am working full time in champaign plus commuting from Normal so I havent had much time the last few weeks. Now that I am getting an apartment in Champaign again Ill be able to play more.
    aw ok.
    Games are pretty much every friday starting at 7PM held in David Kinley Hall 317. This week maybe not though because its spring break.
  • KamhaulKamhaul The Iron Blooded, Cold Blooded, Hot Blooded Vampire Joined: Posts: 53
    Oh shit? there's a community at UIUC? I just got accepted there. What games do you guys usually play?
    XBL Gamertag: MK Ineptitude
    SSFIVAE: Dudley, Yun
    UMVC3 : Iron Fist, Spencer, Strange/ Nova, Spencer, Sent
    KOFXIII: EXKYO, Terry, Ralf
    TTT2: Feng/Jin, Lars/Feng
    Hey Kamhaul. There is a small community here at UIUC. Right now we mostly play Marvel, AE, SFxT, and KOF and we meet (mostly) every friday at david kinley hall room 317. We have a facebook thread that is much more active if you wanna join it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/207199516039708/

Sup Kamhaul. Hope to see you around next semester. Where are you from?
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
  • KamhaulKamhaul The Iron Blooded, Cold Blooded, Hot Blooded Vampire Joined: Posts: 53
    TuboWare wrote: »

I'm from Peoria. There's absolutely no scene here so hearing there's one at UIUC is awesome. I'll be sure to come by when the next semester starts
    XBL Gamertag: MK Ineptitude
    SSFIVAE: Dudley, Yun
    UMVC3 : Iron Fist, Spencer, Strange/ Nova, Spencer, Sent
    KOFXIII: EXKYO, Terry, Ralf
    TTT2: Feng/Jin, Lars/Feng
    Kamhaul wrote: »
    TuboWare wrote: »

I'm from Peoria. There's absolutely no scene here so hearing there's one at UIUC is awesome. I'll be sure to come by when the next semester starts

Make sure you join our facebook group too. That's where we talk at mostly nowadays.
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com