The D.M.V. (DC_Maryland_Virginia)

Comments

• tzakieltzakiel Joined: Posts: 133
    edited November 2013
    I'm in the fairfax/chantilly area I just built a nice MAME machine with japanese sticks and buttons, and I'm looking to learn how to play SF3: third strike as well as KOF games, neither of which I have any experience with. I have played SF4 a bunch. Anyone local want to check it out and show me the ropes?
    SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST 弱肉強食 triumvir.com
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    edited November 2013
    the thread is pretty much dead. If you're looking for 3s games, there's enough people in VA i'm sure who would still play.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DMVfightinggamecommunity/

off the top of my head who's close by, you have Keninblack. If Eric Kim isn't dead with real life that's another option. Both are pretty much always willing to play if they can. There are others but those 2 pop up first in my mind.
    I don't got those.
  • ApexSeriesApexSeries Planning Apex 2013 Joined: Posts: 50
    Hey all,

As you know Apex 2014 has begun registration and we have already hit 450 registered attendees! As we get closer to the event it is important that you sign up for this event. To remind everyone here are the current pot bonuses for each game:
    Super Smash Bros Brawl - $1000
    Super Smash Bros Melee - $1000
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $1000
    Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012 - $1000
    Injustice - $500
    King of Fighters ’13 - $200
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Ps3) - $200
    Project M - $200
    Super Smash Bros (N64) - $200
    Pokemon VGC - $200
    Pokemon TGC - $200

We will also have side events hosted by community members for the following games:
    SkullGirls ($10 Per Person)
    Persona 4 ($10 Per Person)
    BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma ($10 Per Person)
    Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate ($10 Per Person)
    Soul Calibur ($10 Per Person)
    Mortal Kombat ($10 Per Person)
    GG Accent Core +R ($10 Per Person)
    Killer Instinct ($10 Per Person)

Do not forget all the amazing things we have for Apex including:

Giveaways for all attendees
    Artist Alley
    Casual Game Room with CONTESTS (Chances to win MORE SWAG)
    Indie Game Developers (Showcasing latest builds and new games never before played)
    DDR Machine for all those to enjoy

Please visit www.apex-series.com/registration and sign up. December 16th is when the price raises so DO NOT delay as we are looking at the biggest Apex we have ever had.

Any questions you can message me or e-mail us at Apex.Series@gmail.com

Alex Strife
  • brenttiscoo15brenttiscoo15 brenttiscool Joined: Posts: 900
    I will be in Virginia for a few weeks after Christmas, is there a scene out here?
  • No defenceNo defence idk -_- ? Joined: Posts: 1,025
    I will be in Virginia for a few weeks after Christmas, is there a scene out here?

Yes........ But you need to go on FaceBook and Join ASAP SRK IS KINDA Dead for some reason.... too many adds idk -_- Marry X mas To the whole universe
    Adapt or Die.
  • jolt711mljolt711ml Raze Joined: Posts: 147
    edited December 2013
    @ Sup all and Hai Rugal!
    I am bound neither by my past or my future! - Cammy
  • jolt711mljolt711ml Raze Joined: Posts: 147
    I haven't been practicing much lately but I need get some sessions in.
    I am bound neither by my past or my future! - Cammy
  • ''Rugal.B''''Rugal.B'' MORTON'S CEO MD/VA Joined: Posts: 1,188
    Srk is kinda dead lol.
    Xanadu Games
    410-501-5040
    3921 Suite B Vero Rd
    Baltimore 21227 MD

xanadu_games
  • Philosopher_MPhilosopher_M Do What Phil Wilt! Joined: Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I live in the Germantown area (by way of silver spring), mainly playing ssf4. Anybody wanna play gimme a time and place that's not out in bumfuck MD.

I play on Xboxlive too. Gamertag- Bg PHILMORTAL. Hit me with a friend request or invite to a room
  • theguy2687theguy2687 Joined: Posts: 43
    I just requested to join the facebook group because I'm moving to Arlington in June for an internship. I'm still listed as in Illinois on facebook though.
    Gamertag: melloblack2
    PSN: theguy2687
  • GeeseHowardGeeseHoward In Syndication since 1929 Joined: Posts: 174
    Hello everyone,

Ok, hopefully this isn't a troll post, ..I'm from Los Angeles and going to be visiting Baltimore on May 23 and 24th (2014) to go see some ballgames, but I also have never played against the East Coast in an East Coast city..So I wanted to see if there was any CvS2 competition at a local arcade or get togethers..So if youre up for some old school action, let me know, and hopefully I can see some East Coast comp!
    I also play a liiiitle Injustice, but Im not good at it, but will play to the best of my ability..

So I hope this post doesnt get tossed in the wind
    Hey, Move out of the way! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Move it! Hey! You invoke my wrath? Vengy for Zim!
  • DAHKNISSDAHKNISS Joined: Posts: 13
    Hello everybody,
    I got to the DMV area mid January. Where is everybody?
    DMV srk thread's pretty much dead. Most of us are pretty much active now in the facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DMVfightinggamecommunity/
    I don't got those.
  • theguy2687theguy2687 Joined: Posts: 43
    edited April 2014
    Nevermind.
    Gamertag: melloblack2
    PSN: theguy2687
  • EmphaticFrenzyEmphaticFrenzy Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi everyone, I just moved from Columbus, Oh to Winchester, VA. It'll take me a little time to get a whip but I wanted to know if there are any players close enough to do a offline meet up until I get wheels. I play AE trying to learn Marvel and I'll play just about any fighter you throw at me as long as you don't expect me to be good.
    The manliest of them all.
  • EmphaticFrenzyEmphaticFrenzy Joined: Posts: 3
    Sorry for the double post but I didn't notice that I should name drop to join the facebook group. My first name is Noland and I recently sent a request to join.
    The manliest of them all.
  • Hidan631Hidan631 Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello? I was wondering for verification if the thai palace ballroom in Waldorf still has its coinup casuals. Additionally, I would like to ask what would be a good standard for having casuals such as minimum consoles needed for a semi-small place. If this thread is no longer in active use, then please direct me to the nearest Maryland thread then.
    Coin up still goes down on Mondays. Though for a better response, i'd check the facebook group. (which should be in the first post of this thread.)
    I don't got those.
  • delti90delti90 Joined: Posts: 38
    I don't know if the group is still active, but I just put a request to join the facebook group. My name is Anthony.
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    Hi
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • m1kekimm1kekim acquire currency! Joined: Posts: 453
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone still play old school 2d stuff? I'd like to play some alpha2/alpha3/3s/cvs2/st/kof98 etc. casually.
  • SkzimSkzim Joined: Posts: 28
    anyone play sf4 in the culpeper area
  • TralfamadoreCallsTralfamadoreCalls 4th Dimensional Alien Joined: Posts: 8
    Hey everyone.

I put a request into the FB group as well. Hope to be making it to some local tournaments and such.
    I wish I could refuse to cave in, but it's so easy to pretend I'm brave when in the end I'm collapsible at best
    PSN: TralfamadoreCall
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 620
    Good to see the Facebook page is still alive and well, can't tell you how many dead ends I ran into trying to find a local fighting game/tourney events. Placed a request to join the group (Stephen Elias) looking forward to getting bodied and making some new friends in Gainesville...I swear no one except my room mate plays fighting games out here in the Front Royal/SOVA area lol.
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    m1kekim wrote: »
    Does anyone still play old school 2d stuff? I'd like to play some alpha2/alpha3/3s/cvs2/st/kof98 etc. casually.

I still play the old stuff, pretty sure PvP would be down to play as well. Check your pm's
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • aznbatmanaznbatman Joined: Posts: 1
    m1kekim wrote: »

I still play the old stuff, pretty sure PvP would be down to play as well. Check your pm's

I'm a huge CvS2 fan and I haven't played in awhile. Where do people go to play anyway?

• NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    xanadu is probably the best place.
    i don't know what days people go to play now, so you'll probably have to collaborate with people on the dmv fighting game community facebook group click me
    this place is completely dead, everyone pretty much uses the facebook group to communicate.
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
    There isn't a place to really play cvs2 anymore. The only time i play is when i go to NY for 2O2F, monthlies where i force RugalB to play or randomly when PvP can meet me at CFAS. So yea, cvs2 is pretty much non-existent in the area.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,571
    edited October 2014
    I just moved to Fairfax, Va and will be here for about 2-3 months. Are there any regular spots nearby or within the DC metro area where I can get some games in? Tournaments/ranbats?

Edit: I wanted to try and join the facebook group so I just sent a request. My name is Julian on there.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • BrazilionBHBrazilionBH Van Dammit Joined: Posts: 381
    :'(
    Peter North has been known to ejaculate as many as many as 11 times...now thats out of control.
  • TitoTotTitoTot Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys, don't know if this thread is active but I really wanna get into the FGC, mainly Street fighter. Im gonna get it on PC and im willing to learn from anyone and everyone. I don't know much about the NoVA scene, but I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. I live near Fairfax and GMU if that helps.
  • AnalSavageAnalSavage Joined: Posts: 2
    Hosting FGC sessions on Saturdays and eventually tourneys every other Saturdays at my crib in Northern Virginia from 8pm-2am, come out and play if you want to level each other up, games played are umvc3/usf4!

I always believed positivity breeds positive results. So come to play and progress.

Byoc and any extra setups would be awesome. I have 2 setups (xbox tre'60)

Next Saturday is the first gathering (12-13-14)

pm for invite/address and details

l8rs
  • headwoundheadwound Just like Cap! Joined: Posts: 539
    https://www.facebook.com/events/729414457143923/

RVA FIGHT CLUB x RICHMOND COMIX presents:

RESOLUTION 2015!
    Starting the new year with a bang!

Featuring:
    Ultra Street Fighter IV (Xbox360)
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (on arcade cabinet!)
    Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Xbox360/PS3)

ST will be played on an Astro City Candy Cab with original Sanwa parts!

January 3, 2015 @ 2 PM
    Richmond Comix
    14249 Midlothian Turnpike
    Midlothian, VA 23113

Venue: $5
    Spectator: Free!

USFIV ($10 entry), ST and 3S ($5 entry)
    Double elimination brackets (70/20/10 payouts)

Richmond Comix is excited to collaborate with RVA Fight Club and support the local fighting game scene with a great venue for new events!! Please make arrangements to bring yourself and others so that we can do future events together such as weeklies, monthlies, and more! So if you want to see more events like this come out and show your support!

Please bring setups including monitors if you are able to.

Casual setups welcome if you want to bring a game, but please note space and power is limited and we may not be able to accommodate everyone.

This is an OPEN INVITE so invite your friends!! Get hype!!

Stream provided by twitch.tv/f_swipes
    www.twitch.tv/f_swipes

RVA FIGHT CLUB | MOB
  • TrugoyTrugoy Wants to be better at this ish.... Joined: Posts: 679
    Hey now, Anyone local looking for a cabinet?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/195202/wts-taito-vewlix-clone-imported-arcade-cabinet?new=1

shameless cross post, but figure some of you guys might of stopped checking trade outlet.
    Any help is appreciated
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,443
    Anyone know if any stores in the DMV area are going to bet MKX early?
  • caliberclarkcaliberclark Joined: Posts: 115
    anyone play in the dahlgren, king george or fredricksburg area?
    anyone play in the dahlgren, king george or fredricksburg area?

Old games only
  • foobsfoobs Joined: Posts: 3
    edited June 2015
    Requested joining the facebook group. <EDITED>
    Post edited by foobs on
  • KovuNutsKovuNuts Joined: Posts: 1
    Requested joining the facebook group, name is Walter :smile:
  • RushdownGamingRushdownGaming Joined: Posts: 7
    Hey, if you guys want to travel we're running a smash, USF4, MKX, and UMvC3 Tournament in York, PA. Here's a link to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1442566689379827/
  • boy_wundaboy_wunda Joined: Posts: 87
    Anyone know of any local events for Guilty Gear or USF4? I'm trying to get more involved in the scene but it seems pretty dead in this area...
    Hit me up if you'd like to play some Guilty Gear or Street Fighter ;)
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    boy_wunda wrote: »
    Anyone know of any local events for Guilty Gear or USF4? I'm trying to get more involved in the scene but it seems pretty dead in this area...

Thereis a couple of places like Xanadu up near Baltimore. Ask to join the D.M.V. Fighting Game page on Facebook.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • boy_wundaboy_wunda Joined: Posts: 87
    Gimpy wrote: »

Thereis a couple of places like Xanadu up near Baltimore. Ask to join the D.M.V. Fighting Game page on Facebook.

Awesome thanks. Xanadu I believe is relatively close to me, it is still a pretty active scene?
    Hit me up if you'd like to play some Guilty Gear or Street Fighter ;)
  • BloodyshintaBloodyshinta Joined: Posts: 511
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DMVHighPrecisionFighting/ check out the anime fighters group, and yes a hand full of us play regularly on Thursdays, and monthlies at Xan when there is a monthly
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »

Awesome thanks. Xanadu I believe is relatively close to me, it is still a pretty active scene?

Yeah, it's very active. They usually post tournaments and meet-ups on there instead of on here.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • RugalfuryRugalfury Joined: Posts: 7
    I am gonna start posting on here again. In the tourney and events page, I posted the next xanadu event in January.
  • BrohamBroham Sr. Salt Mine Operator Joined: Posts: 144
    wow ya'll still on here i see. Sup playas
    Salty since '98
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,354 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Another chapter of SF in the DMV. I hate Facebook (not as much as I hate Twitter) so I'm there sometimes too.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• VoodooVoodoo ohhh yeahhh... Joined: Posts: 104
    Ahh the memories...
    Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.
  • DpendletonDpendleton Sneaky hands. Joined: Posts: 1,357
    Facebook owns our souls now. HAHAHAHA!!!
    "You did well it was an honor"- E. Honda. Come on CAPCOM fix that netcode son!!