" Tons of damage to report, moving to next area." - Zero Combo Thread

KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,112
a
l
New combo thread because I really thought it was needed due to all of the new combos discovered. Here you can find Zero's BnB Combos, tips on how to extend combos with assist, and discussing the best combo opportunities for specific situations on a match. Submit your combos with the damage they do and the meter you gain with them. All combos must work with 2 hits of j.:h:, j.:m:, j.:s:, and at least 1 c.:l: to optimize usefulness.

If you feel you should receive credit for any findings or combos I mentioned, feel free to comment here or message me through SRK :).

Solo

Shippuga Loop - (Midscreen, Corner)
c.:l: (Start Charging Buster)>c.:m:>c.:h:>:f::h:>s.:l:>s.:m:>c.:h:*>6:h:>s.:l:>s.:m:>c.:h:*>:f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>Release Lv.3 Buster>:f::d::df::l:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>land>Rekkouha
*: Can be substituted with a s.:h:.
Damage: 613.700
Meter Gain: 1 and 4/10 Bars
The Shippuga loop works because Shippuga gives more frame advantage on hit while the opponent is in the air, which the c.:h: helps to do. Up to 3 loops can be done. Characters tend to switch sides after every Shippuga so adapt accordingly. The c.:h: is the best option for damage and less hitstun deterioration, but s.:h: can be used instead, but note that is better to speed up the s.:h: so it does less hits so you can guarantee that the combo doesn't drop later on. The trick to charging between the loop is to start charging while holding the :l: button, and switching to holding :h: on every Shippuga, then finally switching again every s.:l:. You can begin charging a second buster on the :f::d::df::l: in case you need it for later on. This combo works against everybody, but with Storm you need to speed up the s.:h: if you are using them instead of the c.:h:s. If you are having a hard time landing the :s: after the :f::d::df::l:, try using air :d::db::b::l:>land>forward dash>:s: instead. You can only land two loops if you hit an opponent mid-air, very important so you dont drop your combo.
AvariceX Says:
Also because I've been taking so long to post the video I'll just come out and say it: there's a better option than j.:dp::l: after a Buster, but it is spacing specific and requires a little tighter execution to pull off full combo:
Release Buster Lv.3 > j.:qcb::m: j.:h: s.:m: s.:h: :f::h: s.:s: j.:m::m: Release Buster Lv.3 > :dp::l: s.:s: j.:m::m::h::s: Rekkoha
You get a little more damage, but you really do need to be aware of your spacing because it won't work from all distances

DarkDeath Loop - (Midscreen, Corner)
s.:l:>s.:m:>s.:h:>:f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:m:>land>j.:m: (Normal Jump Forward)>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:m: (Normal Jump Forward)*>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>s.:h: (1 Hit)>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>Rekkouha
*: If you charged your buster beforehand, you can proceed into Release Buster Lv.3>:f::d::df::l:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>Rekkouha
Damage: 567.300 (Buster Variation - 620.800)
Meter Gain: 1 and 2.5/10 Bars (Buster Variation - 1 and 4/10 Bars)
Named after a member of the Zero forums that brought the combo to our attention. The j.:m: after the first j.:h: is a link that should be done as low as possible to ensure you don't miss the rest. The buster variation is easier and a better option most of the time.

D-Loop - (Near Corner, Corner)
s.:l:>s.:m:>s.:h: (1 Hit)>:f::h: (2nd Hit Cancel)>Sougenmu (Start Charging Buster)>:s:>Air :d::df::f::h:>land>:s:> Air :d::df::f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>Air :d::df::f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>Air :d::df::f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>Release Buster Lv.3>Air :d::db::b::l:>land>Rekkouha
Damage: 796.500
Meter Gain: 5/10 Bars
Named after Destin, one of the early Zero players that contributed most combos early in the game. There are other safer, or in other words, easier variations of this combo, so experiment. This works because while you fall down of Setsuizan :):)d::df::f::atk:), your shadow comes down OTGing so you can continue the combo. It's your choice to use Rekkouha at the end of the combo if you have enough meter and are willing to use it.

Everybody Gets Shot - (Midscreen, Corner)
Air Release Buster Lv.3>j.:f::d::df::l: (Start Charging Buster)>land>s.:m:>s.:h: (All Hits)>s.:f::h:(All Hits)>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>Release Buster Lv.3>:f::d::df::l:>land>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>Rekkouha
Damage: 558.700
Meter Gain: 1 and 1/10 Bars
Cable is not in this game, so Zero is shooting everybody alone. If you succesfully land a Lv.3 Buster while zoning or baiting something, proceed into a :f::d::df::l: and combo afterwards. Try to delay the combo after the first :f::d::df::l: so you get enough time to charge the second Lv.3 Buster Shot.

Forward Air Grab Followup - (Midscreen, Corner)
Forward Air Grab>:d::db::b::l:>land>Rekkouha
Damage: 298.300
Best you're gonna get without assists or XF.
Persona 4:[/B][/I][/U] Main: Akihiko
If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona/BBCP: PSN: I-Kef-I and KefPringlez

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/

Comments

• KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,112
    Assists

Kef's Setsuizan+Assist Extension - (Very Near Corner, Corner)
    c.:l:>c.:m:>c.:h:>:f:H (1 Hit)>:s:>j.:m:>Air :d::df::f::h:>land>Call Assist>Air :d::df::f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>Release Buster Lv.3>:f::d::df::l:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>land>Call Multi-Hitting Assist*>Air :d::df::f::h:>:s: (While the assist is hitting)>Release Buster Lv.3>:f::d::df::l:>TK Air :d::df::f::m:>Rekkouha
    *: Assists such as: Dante-a, Amaterasu-b, Chun-Li-y, etc.
    My personal combo using assists from almost any character. Main formula from the combo were first introduced by Destin (Setsuizan OTG+Assist) and other members like AvariceX and Steb :):d::df::f::m: causing hard knockdown with multi-hitting assist extension). If your team doesn't have any assists with a low of active frames, just call your assist>Air :d::df::f::h:>land>Release Buster Lv.3>Rekkouha. With assist with low hitstun like C.Viper-b, you can let them OTG by their own while you jump and Release Buster Lv.3 almost at the same time and then fall down with Air :d::db::b::l:>Rekkouha. This type of combos usually do tremendous damage, usually around 700k meterless, so try to go for them if you are near the corner. Again, this is not exact for every assist in the game, but it's my own personal combo for most of them, I just make small changes depending on the assist.

Ride The Lighning - (Corner)
    ...end of combo>Call Assist>Air :d::df::f::h:>land>Sougenmu (Charge Buster during animation)>Air Buster Lv.3 Release>:f::d::df::l: (Begin Charging Buster)>TK :f::d::df::l:x4>Air Buster Lv.3 Release>[:f::d::df::l:>Sougenmu (Charge Buster during animation)>Air Buster Lv.3 Release>:f::d::df::l: (Begin Charging Buster)>TK :f::d::df::l:x4] (Repeat "[ ]" As long as you have meter)
    Discovered by BlackRagna (Youtube Account). Basically, you just Tiger Knee the Raikouzens so you and your shadow both are hitting the opponent almost at the same time. This can be ended with Release Buster Lv.3>Air :d::db::b::l:>Rekkouha if wanted. Motion for the TK Raikouzens is: :f::d::df::f::uf:

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/
    Other Combos from the Community
    Zero/Magneto-a/Doom-a By Kef 06/05/2011 (Midscreen, Corner)
    j.:s:>c.:m:>c.:h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:d::df::f::h:>land>dash>call Magneto-a>TK j.:d::df::f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>Release Buster Lv.3>j.:f::d::df::l:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>land>call Doom-a>TK j.:d::df::f::h:>normal jump :u:>Air Buster Lv.3 Release>:f::d::df::l:>land>:f::d::df::h:
    Damage: 748.700
    Meter Gain: 2 Bars

Dante-a/Zero Anti-Air Ryuenjin By EvilToasterofFP 06/05/2011 (Midscreen, Corner)
    :a1:(Jam Session), :f::d::df::atk: (Used as Anti-Air), super jump, :s:, :d::db::b::l:, land, :l:, :m:, :h: (1-3 hits), :f::h:(1-3 hits), :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, Release Level 3 Buster, :f::d::df::l:, land, :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, :h:, :s:, land, Rekkouha
    Damage: 507.000
    Meter Gain: 1 Bar and 1/10

Videos
    Amaterasu/Zero Combos By EvilToasterofFP 06/03/2011
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=h9WkF2bKoMI

Zero Combo Video By AvariceX 03/17/2011

Raikouzen Loop By dooku9876 05/14/2011

Zero Combo Video By personaworld 05/06/2011

• AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭
    About the Shippuga loop, with the way damage scaling works it is most efficient to do a c.:h: before the first two Shippugas and a s.:h: before the third Shippuga.

Also because I've been taking so long to post the video I'll just come out and say it: there's a better option than j.:dp::l: after a Buster, but it is spacing specific and requires a little tighter execution to pull off full combo:

Release Buster Lv.3 > j.:qcb::m: j.:h: s.:m: s.:h: :f::h: s.:s: j.:m::m: Release Buster Lv.3 > :dp::l: s.:s: j.:m::m::h::s: Rekkoha

You get a little more damage, but you really do need to be aware of your spacing because it won't work from all distances.
    UMvC3: Firebrand/Zero/Dante; Zero/Dante/Strider; MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun| ST: O.Ryu
    BB: Rachel, Makoto, u-12
  • Evil_ToasterofFPEvil_ToasterofFP The Texas Strange Joined: Posts: 1,016
    Here's my flying screen relaunch combo for ya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq7fEsdBN4c

(short ground chain) :s:, super jump, delayed :d::h:, :h: (1 hit), :s:, land, :l:, :m:, :h:(3 hits), :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, Release Level 3 Buster, :f::d::df::l:, land, :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, :h: (3 hits), :s:

Also the source for the assist extension combo I believe comes from this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/Atreelol
    ======= Mains: Zero, Doctor Strange, Dante, Vergil, Ghost Rider, Morrigan, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist
    =UMvC3= Subs/Assists: Hawkeye, Doctor Doom, Iron-Man, Strider, Sentinel, Arthur, Wolverine.
    ======= WIP: Amaterasu, Chris, Deadpool, Felicia,
    Awesomenauts: Voltar, Leon, Derpl, ---- Super MNC: Assault, Robohobo, (DA BES) Captain Spark, Artemis, Leo.
    Atreelol is Steb on SRK and SWF, and yes he did find the assist combo extension. He was also tearing it up at MATVIII earlier with Zero/Dante/Doom. Here's hoping he placed well. I'm currently recording some material and I've decided that this will be the final session before I release my new combo video, regardless of whether I keep thinking of new ideas after tonight XD
    Here's my flying screen relaunch combo for ya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq7fEsdBN4c

(short ground chain) :s:, super jump, delayed :d::h:, :h: (1 hit), :s:, land, :l:, :m:, :h:(3 hits), :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, Release Level 3 Buster, :f::d::df::l:, land, :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, :h: (3 hits), :s:

Also the source for the assist extension combo I believe comes from this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/Atreelol

If you don't mind, post the meter gain and the full annotations with Dante and Sent assist please.

If you don't mind, post the meter gain and the full annotations with Dante and Sent assist please.

Meter gain is about 1.15 starting from the first standing S. I leave out the ground chain because it actually makes a difference, if the initial chain is just slightly too long, you can't do the lighting dive and must relaunch with Hienkyaku L instead. You have to do the first launch quickly, and Zero can start a combo from almost any of his normals, so the damage is inconsistent. You also sometimes have to do only one or two hits of the standing H after the first flying screen. Weird stuff.

As for the ___/Sent assist extension, it only works if the Sentinel part of the combo is done second, because he needs to be called early. Here goes.

(after knockdown), :a1:(multi hit assist), :d::df::f::uf::m: OTG, :s:, :uf::f::d::df::l:, land, jump, Release Level 3 Buster, :f::d::df::l:, land+:a2: (Drones), :d::df::f::uf:(tiny delay):m:, :d::df::f::uf::h: OTG, :s:, :uf:(delay):f::d::df::l:, land, jump, Release Level 3 Buster, :f::d::df::l:, land, :d::df::f::uf:(tiny delay):m:

The tiny delays are there so the dives actually cause a flying screen knockdown. If you do the TK dive too fast, you get no knockdown.
    ======= Mains: Zero, Doctor Strange, Dante, Vergil, Ghost Rider, Morrigan, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist
    =UMvC3= Subs/Assists: Hawkeye, Doctor Doom, Iron-Man, Strider, Sentinel, Arthur, Wolverine.
    Awesomenauts: Voltar, Leon, Derpl, ---- Super MNC: Assault, Robohobo, (DA BES) Captain Spark, Artemis, Leo.
    I just posted this in the old thread, guess I'll post it here too. Combos after Ryuenjin with Jam Session assist.

:a1:(Jam Session), :f::d::df::atk:, super jump, :s:, :d::db::b::l:, land, :l:, :m:, :h: (1-3 hits), :f::h:(1-3 hits), :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, Release Level 3 Buster, :f::d::df::l:, land, :s:, super jump, :m:, :m:, :h:, :s:

Builds just over a bar.
  • grandragrandra Joined: Posts: 73
    about the ride the lighting combo, it can actually be done solo as well, although i'm not sure the most optimal combo beforehand but this I know works

hold buster :l: j.:s: c.:m: c.:h: s.:s: j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:m: j.:m: release buster hold buster :m: raikousen :l: sogenmu jump release buster raikousen :l: tk raikousen :l:x4 etc

as long as they are in the air you can pretty much release level 3 buster into raikousen sogenmu release buster raikousen then start the loop you. Also with one assist you can do a fullscreen combo and still do this loop using his standard shippuga loop launcher buster raikousen launcher mmhs assist to otg special jump buster raikousen etc.
  • Dark SonicDark Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,053
    OMFG those snap back combos are INSANE
    "The only thing Dante needs is more Dante, and that is EXACTLY what DT gives him" - OgreCasteel
  • DukeSharpDukeSharp Duke# - Italy Joined: Posts: 337
    in the very first combo there's a "6" to substitute with :f:
    good job
    Offline is better.
    All my work for nothing ;(

AvariceX Says:
    You get a little more damage, but you really do need to be aware of your spacing because it won't work from all distances

This part should probably be moved below the "Everybody Gets Shot" combo instead of the Shippuga Loop.
  • Dc2KDc2K Joined: Posts: 68
    about the ride the lighting combo, it can actually be done solo as well, although i'm not sure the most optimal combo beforehand but this I know works

hold buster :l: j.:s: c.:m: c.:h: s.:s: j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:m: j.:m: release buster hold buster :m: raikousen :l: sogenmu jump release buster raikousen :l: tk raikousen :l:x4 etc

as long as they are in the air you can pretty much release level 3 buster into raikousen sogenmu release buster raikousen then start the loop you. Also with one assist you can do a fullscreen combo and still do this loop using his standard shippuga loop launcher buster raikousen launcher mmhs assist to otg special jump buster raikousen etc.

You can do this way too:

Ground combo, Charging Buster, S (launcher), j.M, J.M, J.H (3hits), slightly delay, release buster, raikousen L, charging buster, Qcb + M+H, jump straight up after sougenmu animation, release buster, raikousen L, Lightning dive x4...

With Dante assist, I use the same Set Up of the BnB Combo Ender... After airborne S, Call Assist, TK Qcf + H, land, assist hits, s.S, Sougenmu (I thinks it´s need to be TK too... I´ll test soon), Jump back, delay, Raikousen L when oponent is near the ground (so the litghtning dive hits twice and the oponent bounces, give more time for next raikousen..)
    Why are people only doing 4 TK Lightnings? From buster > lightning > sougenmu you can do :dp::uf::l: * 6, then jump > buster > lightning > (repeat the whole thing again if you want) TK sentsuizan > Rekkoha.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    Maybe hitstun? I know a lot of the combos don't seem to work for me because of that. Is there a setting to turn that down in training mode?

Anyway I think I want to work on the lightning loop, the j.:M: j.:H: loop and that second combo in the last vid (the one on Trish).
    Maybe hitstun? I know a lot of the combos don't seem to work for me because of that. Is there a setting to turn that down in training mode?

The only things you should be comboing after the start of the lightning loop are lightning (soft knockdown), buster (hard knockdown), sentsuizan (hard knockdown), and Rekkoha (otg); none of them are hindered by hitstun scaling.
    When I first posted it, I was having problems with getting the correct timing on it so I could only get it 4 times and so was just saying what I knew , but now I do see that it can be done 6 times and get it pretty often now. Like AvariceX said at no point should they ever be able to get out of the combo due to hit stun, it is an infinite if you don't consider meter because of shadow clone stopping meter gain.
  • RykendawgRykendawg Joined: Posts: 336
    moz-screenshot.pngmoz-screenshot-1.png
    Im having problems hitting the first j.M after the j.H in the DarkDeath loop.

DarkDeath Loop - (Midscreen, Corner)
    s.:l:>s.:m:>s.:h:>:f::h:>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:m:>land>j.:m: (Normal Jump Forward)>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:m: (Normal Jump Forward)*>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>s.:h: (1 Hit)>:s:>j.:m:>j.:m:>j.:h: (3 Hits)>j.:s:>Rekkouha

Can someone give me some tips?
    GT: IllusionGodfist
    UMvC3 Team Devious / DVS - Dante (Crystal), Vergil (Rapid slash), Strider (Vajra)

I actually ansewered this on a different forum so im gonna copy paste it here, it seemed to help the person

as a visual cue do this, just regular super jump without hitting the opponent then use j.h, wait until the sword attack is finished and you will see the blade start to shrink into his hand, before the sword is gone you will be able to use j.m and it should connect.

For timing, if you use j.h at the top of the super jump it is about halfway down
  • HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    So I can do a basic magic series to at least 2 flying windmills reps to a buster loops.....well its in the proceess but basically

Jc ac6c s j2c c s j2c c s j bb buster 623 a s jbcs 2369 a,akuma assist rekkhoka.

Still working on hitstun scaling but on paper should do massive damage also if dhced to dante or wolvie.

After the first hit with a just hold buster on a since you don't use it again till lightning.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  • Jon SlaytonJon Slayton Consistently Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 4,296
    You guys ever have issues with Zero's combos being inconsistent? Like sometimes the opponent won't tech out, sometimes they will, even when you've done the same combo so many times? I have problems with the final j.C j.S at the end of my air strings randomly being teched... I was in a tournament yesterday vs Steve H and dropped a kill combo I intentionally shortened so I wouldn't run into this problem.... somehow he still recovered between the j.C and j.S...

Is there any way around this?
    "You know that sinking feeling when Zero hits you?" - MTP

You can only be as good as those you copy, those who you seek to emulate. If you want to be great then be yourself.
    You guys ever have issues with Zero's combos being inconsistent? Like sometimes the opponent won't tech out, sometimes they will, even when you've done the same combo so many times? I have problems with the final j.C j.S at the end of my air strings randomly being teched... I was in a tournament yesterday vs Steve H and dropped a kill combo I intentionally shortened so I wouldn't run into this problem.... somehow he still recovered between the j.C and j.S...

It depends on how the combo starts. If they got hit with an assist first, or a special move first, or if they were airborne, etc. Could also be you're just not chaining j. H into j. S fast enough, possibly.

Either way, I never have problems with this with my main BnB.
    Hitstun scaling actually seems to be affected by the amount of total time between hits in a combo, so for example in the Shippuga loop during the first launch if you do j.BB buster as fast as possible after the launch there's less chance that they'll tech out of the second launch than if you delay the j.BB after the launch. Stupid system.
  • Jon SlaytonJon Slayton Consistently Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 4,296
    Hmm I did not know that, if that's true that's a really strange mechanic. I'll keep that in mind though. My BNB is usually: xxx > 5S JC j.BB j.C j.B land j.BB j.C land j.BB j.C land j.B Buster Raikosen 5S j.BB j.C j.S land, call Dante, OTG 5S JC buster Raikosen Sentsuizan Super.

So usually if I really don't want to drop a combo I'll just omit one of the j.BB j.C reps. That combo seems to vary wildly in if they can tech out or not though so I guess maybe it is what Avarice mentioned about how fast you do the moves or something.
    "You know that sinking feeling when Zero hits you?" - MTP

You can only be as good as those you copy, those who you seek to emulate. If you want to be great then be yourself.
    Zero/Dante are honestly on best friends status now. I think if you're running Zero without Dante you're doing it wrong.

Shippuga loop replacing the ending (Rekkoha) with:
    Call Dante, OTG Sentsuizan, :s: :dp::uf::l: j.Buster :dp::l: :qcf::uf::h: Rekkoha DHC Devil Trigger, Acid Rain, sj.:s:, Cold Shower, Stinger bc j.:s: call assist 2 Volcano jc. j.:s:, Volcano~beehive, :f::h: bc Volcano~Beehive or Jetstream~Fireworks, Million Dollars

(assist 2 has to be something that works with Dante's combos...Akuma, Doom, Dormammu, Ammy...etc.)

and

Air-throw, :m:-Hienkyaku, :h:-Sentsuizan XFC1, c.:l: c.:m: c.:h: slight delay :f::h: :l::m::h::f::h::s: j.slight delay BB Buster, :l:-Hienkyaku, dash forward, :s: j.:m::m::h::s: Call Dante, OTG Sentsuizan, :s: :dp::uf::l: j.Buster :dp::l: :qcf::uf::h: :qcf::uf::h:

Both do enough damage to kill Thor. Level 1 XF combo from Air-throw that costs no meter (and builds 2.5) and kills the whole cast...how about that....
  • Nini HeartNini Heart Red Pill Joined: Posts: 6,609

Never happened to me except in training mode when flirting with Zero's max HSD. Just know that a combo that starts of an air hit, off a buster, off an assist prorate differently and that you need to modify your combos for those situations.

As for the jump loop, it's pretty consistent, it's just the above factors that can cause them to drop out off it.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ Me
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • sorakysoraky Joined: Posts: 223
    Second what Nini said -- seriously, the number of variations for the jump loop you have to consider so they don't tech out is outstanding. Almost makes them not worth learning, if not for the extra meter gain (damage diff is insignificant from a complete air loop and a standard J.BB air buster 3 -> launch)
    Hmm I did not know that, if that's true that's a really strange mechanic. I'll keep that in mind though. My BNB is usually: xxx > 5S JC j.BB j.C j.B land j.BB j.C land j.BB j.C land j.B Buster Raikosen 5S j.BB j.C j.S land, call Dante, OTG 5S JC buster Raikosen Sentsuizan Super.

So usually if I really don't want to drop a combo I'll just omit one of the j.BB j.C reps. That combo seems to vary wildly in if they can tech out or not though so I guess maybe it is what Avarice mentioned about how fast you do the moves or something.

Also, remember that hitstun deterioration is based off of how much time has elapsed during the combo, not the number of hits. So things like delaying hits to get enough charge for chargeshot, or delaying hits for positioning, will make a combo drop when it wouldn't have at max speed.

Something to remember because Zero has lots of points in his combos where he'd be able to delay hits to make sure certain parts don't drop, but if you take to long your ender drops.
    "The only thing Dante needs is more Dante, and that is EXACTLY what DT gives him" - OgreCasteel
    Good news everyone. You didn't think I was done breaking Zero did you? I was working on sort of a proof of concept combo for UMvC3 to try extending our combos with an additional buster shot now that we can cancel specials into it. I've been unsuccessful so far, but during all this I stumbles across a BnB that does more damage than every version of the shippuga loop (and by extension, more damage than every BnB we have until now). It's not really a game changer, but it does make the difference between killing Magneto with a combo into the steb finisher and not killing him (about 35k damage). There are a couple drawbacks though: a) You have to have at least level 2 buster charged at the start of the combo - as soon as the buster turns green you can start, any time before that and it won't work; b) It only carries a little over half screen, so unlike the shippuga loop you can't do this from anywhere on the screen. The next advantage though, is that this can combo into the lightning loop without an assist and keep them in launch state until the end to allow for hard knockdown from j.S or Sentsuizan. Finally, for those of you who don't believe in charge switching (I still can't understand you guys) this combo doesn't require it.

So, here's 4 versions of the combo, complete with damage numbers:
    1 - Basic assistless version into Rekkoha
    c.:m: c.:h: :f::h: :s: j.:m::m: Buster.3 :qcb::l: (Hienkyaku) dash forward, j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m: Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) j.:h:(3 hits):s: :qcf::atk::atk: (Rekkoha)
    670,200 damage

2 - Assistless version into Lightning Loop (Slightly meter-negative; requires about 1/3 of a bar to start)
    c.:m: c.:h: :f::h: :s: j.:m::m: Buster.3 :qcb::l: (Hienkyaku) dash forward, j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m: Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcb::atk::atk: (Sougenmu) jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) [:dp::uf::l: (TK Raikousen)]*2, jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) [:dp::uf::l: (TK Raikousen)]*2 jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcf::uf::h: (TK Sentsuizan) :qcf::atk::atk: (Rekkoha)
    1,003,200 damage

3 - Steb ending version (Dante Jam Session assist used, other prolonged assists will work but damage will vary)
    c.:m: c.:h: :f::h: :s: j.:m::m: Buster.3 :qcb::l: (Hienkyaku) dash forward, j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m: Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcf::uf::h: (TK Sentsuizan) :a1: :qcf::uf::h: :s: :dp::uf::l: (TK Raikousen), jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcf::uf::h: (TK Sentsuizan) :qcf::atk::atk: (Rekkoha)
    850,200 damage - just enough to kill Magneto, and this combo is meter-positive

4 - Bringing it all together: Lightning Loop + Steb ending
    c.:m: c.:h: :f::h: :s: j.:m::m: Buster.3 :qcb::l: (Hienkyaku) dash forward, j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m::h: (3 hits), j.:m::m: Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcb::atk::atk: (Sougenmu) jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) [:dp::uf::l: (TK Raikousen)]*2, jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) [:dp::uf::l: (TK Raikousen)]*2 jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcf::uf::h: (TK Sentsuizan) :a1: :qcf::uf::h: :s: :dp::uf::l: (TK Raikousen), jump Buster.3 :dp::l: (Raikousen) :qcf::uf::h: (TK Sentsuizan) :qcf::atk::atk: (Rekkoha)
    1,188,700 damage - The meter for this combo is entirely self-contained (you can start this from 0 meter).

Some notes:
    -In the basic assistless version j.HS at the end does more damage than a TK Sentsuizan - I was actually surprised all3 hits of j.H would connect at the end of this, but in every other version of the combo it won't work at the end because of scaling so use TK Sentsuizan instead.
    -The timing for this is quite a bit stricter than most of our combos, including the Shippuga loop I think. It may just be that I'm not used to this combo yet, but I found it significantly more difficult than my usual combos. The main reason for this is after the hienkyaku you have to dash forward and jump before you can actually see where you are while also spacing yourself so that all 3 hits of j.H will connect in the jump loop.
    -Comboing into a second lightning loop will always do more damage than Rekkoha, but usually when you're doing this much damage it's safer to go for the easier option anyway, and I didn't have time to test the damage of multiple LL versions.
    -Can we name this one after me? ^^
    etc.

I've used this combo before. Personally I don't think it's worth it to use jump loop combos. Far too inconsistent. Works differently on every character, difficult to time and space correctly, specially due to the fact that you start it off of a level 3 buster.

One of the reasons why it's so damaging is because you start with cr. M, cr. H, which is a terrible way to hitconfirm. Wiffing a cr. H is a bad thing and it almost forces you to cancel into buster to save yourself from a punish.

And of course, it requires buster charge before the combo. Not a huge problem but since shooting buster shots of all levels is a huge part of Zero's game, there are lots of times you'll start a combo without charge. Plus you say it doesn't go full screen, which is trouble because Zero always needs to carry to the corner, even from corner cross up combos.

Also, for the very end, use j. down H into j. S instead of j. H. Back when I tried to learn this combo I was pretty sure it was more consistent that way. Comes out one frame faster and keeps them more airborne.
    I've used this combo before. Personally I don't think it's worth it to use jump loop combos. Far too inconsistent. Works differently on every character, difficult to time and space correctly, specially due to the fact that you start it off of a level 3 buster.

One of the reasons why it's so damaging is because you start with cr. M, cr. H, which is a terrible way to hitconfirm. Wiffing a cr. H is a bad thing and it almost forces you to cancel into buster to save yourself from a punish.

In theory you should be able to start with s.m s.H; I've never noticed a difference in hitstun scaling between them (all of the combos I use I can freely interchange them anyway), I just used c.M and c.H for testing because they do more damage. I do agree though on all counts.
  • designdesign On the shoulders of giants. Joined: Posts: 10
    Hey guys, I figure I'll write the combos and then explain them afterwards, these combos are more for specific situations than to be applied as BnBs, and can be extended to include damage as well, but I'll just post the bare bones of them.

1. (Have some charge) S.:l:, S.:m:, S.:h:, :s:, (Neutral Jump), J.:m:, J.:m:, J. Lv. 3 Buster, (J) :qcb::m: (Strong Hienkyaku), J.:h:, :s:, J.:m:, J.:m:, J.:h:, J. :s:.

(Don't mind the quality or the account it's under, I don't have one, so I had to use my sister's)

This combo does about 324,000 damage with no super. I normally use this combo when I have my back to the corner, or close behind (which doesn't happen very often thanks to air teleports, but if it does and you get a hit in..). The neutral super jump after the first launcher makes sure the target and I do not move too far from the corner then the Medium Hienkyaku switches our positions and then the finisher places the opponent in the corner, the ideal position for Zeros to come in. Also ideally, with the second launcher you would super jump forward in order to ensure they are in the corner, but that is not always so consistent as neutral super jumping.

2. (Charge) J.:m:, J.:h:, J. :s:, S.:m:, S.:h:, :s:, J.:m:, J.:m:, J. Lv. 3 Buster, (J) :qcb::l: (Jab Hienkyaku), (Dash), :s:, J.:m:, J.:m:, J.:h:, J. :s:.

This combo does about 342,000 damage with no super. I use (and I'm sure you all use a variation of it especially those of you with the Drones) this when my opponent is in the air. Whether it be in the beginning of a match during the initial staredown (Start with J. :h: since we are either teching or going for air throws, and if neither happens and you get and air hit continue with the air loop), during any normal jump air hit, or while an opponent is being juggled by an assist (mostly Sentinel assist). This uses one rep of the air loop, but you can do more if you want (If you initiate it with a Forward jump make sure the next Jump is Neutral and vice versa to make sure the second rep hits). I've seen several Zero users in my area drop precious combo opportunities off of continued juggled hits via Drones assist hitting an unwary foe in the air, and seizing these opportunities is vital.

I know one (or both) of these may be of common knowledge to experienced Zero players, but I thought they should be put up just in case. Also, either of these can have their ends extended for more damage a la any Zero combo, so the low damage output of these exact ones shouldn't be a problem. If anyone wants, I can post up videos of these.
  • tastylumpiatastylumpia the anti hero Joined: Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    I don't know about you guys, but nowadays I confirm every hit, whether it be air to air, grounded or off a buster, into 5S, (neutral jump) j2H, jH (land) 5S jMM (release buster) 214L (command dash down) forward dash 5S jMMHS (ender). The initial relaunch will always give enough time to charge a full buster. The whole thing gives about 400K meterless. The trick is stabilizing the relaunch link.
    twitter.com/TragicTurtle
    Yeah, same here, once you get the hang of it, pretty easy. I stole the J.2H, J.H part straight from one of Toaster's BnB's I saw a while back, haha.
  • tastylumpiatastylumpia the anti hero Joined: Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    Yeah, I actually "stole" it from Marn when he did it to me at NCR. It does good damage and it looks fancy, which is always a plus.
    twitter.com/TragicTurtle
    I go with that as well, but I do the jump loop variation rather than the relaunch.

*something into 5s*->j2H->jH->jMMH->jMMH (if my hit confirm wasn't super long)->5H (one hit)->5S->sjM->buster->623L->j.H->j.S.

if I'm worried about HSD (hitconfirming off of buster->623L or something)

*something into 5s*->j2H->jH->jMMH->jMMH (if my hit confirm wasn't super long)->jMM buster->214L->5S->sjMMHS

if I want "the combo that you can't possibly drop because it's so easy" I go with what tastylumpia posted.

btw, does anybody have some good x-factor level 2 combos? In xf3 I go with the relaunch loop, and in xf1 I just stick with his BnBs and delay them a bit, but in XF2 I really don't know what to do. I get by with an OTG assist, but if they've killed X23 them I just get kinda lost with Zero in XF2.
  • expressionedexpressioned Joined: Posts: 14
    Hey guys, wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm hoping I got the right thread..

I just started playing MvC3 again and I've been trying to pick up Zero. I can only do the Shippuga Loop without buster (working on it) as of yet. I only found this out a few days ago, but after turning on the input option, I've noticed that I've been pressing certain buttons more than I should be (Mostly H and L). Is this considered a really bad habit? Should I be trying to get rid of it or is it okay as long as I can execute the combo?
    Hey guys, wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm hoping I got the right thread..

I just started playing MvC3 again and I've been trying to pick up Zero. I can only do the Shippuga Loop without buster (working on it) as of yet. I only found this out a few days ago, but after turning on the input option, I've noticed that I've been pressing certain buttons more than I should be (Mostly H and L). Is this considered a really bad habit? Should I be trying to get rid of it or is it okay as long as I can execute the combo?

It's not a horrible habit, but it may lead you to prematurely shoot off your buster and mess up the combo. However, if you get used to it while being sure you don't shoot of the buster, it doesn't really matter. If anything, I would work to get rid of it though, as if you do it will help with other characters like Dante (So you don't get Rain Storm instead of Skydance for example).
  • jaronjaron Cerebus Joined: Posts: 130
    when it comes to the Shippuga, who is hardest to hit into 2 loops?
    ive been wanting to practice the basic loop.
    also, is it just me or is it impossible to Shippuga loop with bad connectivity?
    I have never once been able to do a single Shippuga loop online regardless of the connection, and that is my bnb offline. The hardest characters to Shippuga loop are Viper, Spencer, Chun, Storm, and Morrigan.
    I have never once been able to do a single Shippuga loop online regardless of the connection, and that is my bnb offline. The hardest characters to Shippuga loop are Viper, Spencer, Chun, Storm, and Morrigan.

I've been doing a lot more shippuga loops online lately, actually. I've even been doing the standing version (2M, 5H, 6H, link 2L 2M etc) online too. I mostly save it for the corner though, or just whenever I catch myself doing a 2H instead of a 5H during blockstrings and I get a hit.
  • XShoryuken 26XShoryuken 26 Joined: Posts: 179
    Hey toaster, if you didn't know already the corner zero combo you use with jam session doesn't seem to work anymore in ultimate. Tried it last night at fight club. Maybe they changed the properties of dante assist? I relaunched after otg called in jam session raikousen then when the jam session ran out he just shot out to the other side. Kind of lame, that's my favorite combo lol.
    Hey toaster, if you didn't know already the corner zero combo you use with jam session doesn't seem to work anymore in ultimate. Tried it last night at fight club. Maybe they changed the properties of dante assist? I relaunched after otg called in jam session raikousen then when the jam session ran out he just shot out to the other side. Kind of lame, that's my favorite combo lol.

It's hard for me to take anyone's word on that combo since it's both difficult and inconsistent. So I'll have to see for myself. It's kind of a broken combo anyway.
  • XShoryuken 26XShoryuken 26 Joined: Posts: 179
    true, but hella stylish. We'll see come November.
  • millseloniusmillselonius Joined: Posts: 80
    Shippuga loop is dead according to newest change list. Bummer.
    Shippuga loop is dead according to newest change list. Bummer.
    I almost refuse to believe that. Even if it is that's not a huge problem.
  • sanchaz1sanchaz1 Joined: Posts: 1,010
    dante's jam session is nerfed?, he also has the weasel shot assist.

also if anyone is looking for a new main in umvc3, vergil's assist looks godlike for zero (at least from what I saw) he basically slashes the whole ground with his sword and looks like it has a lot of priority. meaning zero can teleport behind a character for a 50/50 mixup and combo off it with a level 3 three blast shot/launcher, or whatever, sound familar to anyone, :D
    option select toppers pizza- my roommate.
    Something I noticed a while ago (I'm sure we all have) is that Zero's j.MMHS will whiff every time when hitting 2 characters (happy birthday). Only recently though I thought about how we never really talk about this. What does work in this situation (against every combination of characters I've caught with it anyway) is Shippuga loop > S > sj straight up, MM Buster, L Hienkyaku, Rekkoha XFC Rekkoha into 2 dead characters.