Scrubquotes is back!

Good Game PlayerGood Game Player Joined: Posts: 397
edited December 2013 in Fighting Game Discussion
The only fighting game website real enough to bring you the scrub quotes no other site dares to

http://twitter.com/#!/scrubquotes

MOD-EDIT: This thread can be used to repeat hilarious scrubby quotes from struggling players. It is NOT a place to attack people.
Post edited by Preppy on

Comments

• J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378

I can't believe there are still people that think SFIII is harder than SFIV. Nope.
    Parrying is not nearly as difficult as these 3rd Strike die-hards wish it was. Likewise, it waters the game down to almost nothing.
    SFIV has plenty of 1-frame links and spacial mind games to easily make it the better game in the series. It's hard and requires thought. Third Strike? Nope.
    (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/06/street-fighter-3-third-strike-online-edition-trailer/)

GODLIKE hahahah
    It's been real.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the scrubs who complain about SF4?

Why are most of the comments about either hate on 3rd strike or someone talking about SF4?
    and lol at my post getting in there. Maybe I should have cleared up what I was saying.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • Good Game PlayerGood Game Player Joined: Posts: 397
    What about the scrubs who complain about SF4?

pretty sure there's plenty of that stuff in there.
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 13,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have a projectile counter system where for every successful counter you gain life back so you can leech back from the spammers.
    [SIZE=12px]well i call it spamming since im used to hearing other players say it over and over I got my code of honor yes but in tournaments i believe you must do anything to win its just sometimes i feel its a little undeserving to win only if you use the same move over and over again even though the player should learn to counter it sometimes its a little hard to when the other person knows what they are doing[/SIZE]

godlike
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,386 ✭✭
    Why are most of the comments about either hate on 3rd strike or someone talking about SF4?
    and lol at my post getting in there. Maybe I should have cleared up what I was saying.

Maybe you should stop being a scrub.
    They should have a projectile counter system where for every successful counter you gain life back so you can leech back from the spammers.

Oh man, this works on SO many levels...
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah it's a good site
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    Maybe you should stop being a scrub.

Hurtful. It was misinformation as all.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    Great! ScrubQuotes is my favorite fighting game-related website on the Internet!
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • INCIDENTINCIDENT ACTION BASTARD! Joined: Posts: 335
    This may be the reason I decide to get a Twitter.
  • EmXEmX Joined: Posts: 845
    yeah it would. i dont know how much traction tumblr has in the fighting game community compared to twitter tho.
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 640

Yeah, maybe they should play Garou.
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭
    nobody actually plays garou

they only learn enough of garou to beat their friends at it a few times

then nobody wants to play it ever again
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,374
    That's because Garou is a terrible game.
    #SNKPlaymore on efnet
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten "All Sonic needs is one bad day, and he'll be just like me." Joined: Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are amazing.

Youtube comments could fill a few pages of this just by themselves, lol.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    3DS: 1048-9697-8273
    Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

• Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I see one of my like year-old posts in there.

[Parries in SF4] would make pressure games so much better. Think your opponent is gonna mash DP? Parry that shit.

Think that was me.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
    Wow, the last couple of tweets are questionable.
    Wow, the last couple of tweets are questionable.

i feel sorry if you cant see the humour in "i thought the japanese were supposed to be hardcore" and "youtube vids prove it man" (plus if you know anything about 3rd strike the guy is talking absolute nonsense)
    "I play Gief. Walk Forward SPD is a footsie. Changing specials to one button press would not fundamentally alter game"

But he isn't wrong. Sure, at lower levels of play, the bar would be lowered but at the top, where all of these things are basic muscle memory, then it truly wouldn't fundamentally alter the game.

I am not saying I agree with making all specials one button, but this isn't that much of a scrub quote. It is more of a open for debate quote. Of course there are things (like FRCs) that would alter a fighting game somewhat if it is made easier. But things like basic moves, SPD, Hadoukens, SRK, supers, wouldn't alter a game fundamentally in the slightest, at least where it matters (High level play).
    "I play Gief. Walk Forward SPD is a footsie. Changing specials to one button press would not fundamentally alter game"

But he isn't wrong. Sure, at lower levels of play, the bar would be lowered but at the top, where all of these things are basic muscle memory, then it truly wouldn't fundamentally alter the game.

ahahaha you are a fucking idiot get out of my face
    if you cant figure out why 1 button spd would have a massive effect on high level play like, wow, you must be absolutely horrible at fighting games. go away and dont ever post here until you figure it out thanks
    Counter examples? No
    Basic English? No.
    Civility? No
    Just say someone is an idiot, that'll show me.

So TELL ME why it would alter the game, becuase this is no better an argument than the smash bros players saying items make Brawl broken "becuase it does."
    nah ill just continue being a condescending dick if its alright with you. trust me theres a good reason for it though. its pretty obvious imo
    So it fundamentally alters the game becuase scrubs will be able to use it now, so that automatically means that they know how to effectively use it now, and therefore more Zangiefs will place more at tournaments. I already said within the very same post there are certain things that should remain harder to do. At higher levels of play, Gief players can already DO those things. At the highest level of play, its more of how you do it and when you do it than what you do. You are only speaking for the scrubs here.

If you make trijumps one button in MvC2, I guarantee that 100% of all MvC2 scrubs would still be getting bodied.
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 281
    Negative-Zer0 you really don't undersand or you just trolling?

I am not saying I agree with making all specials one button, but this isn't that much of a scrub quote. It is more of a open for debate quote. Of course there are things (like FRCs) that would alter a fighting game somewhat if it is made easier. But things like basic moves, SPD, Hadoukens, SRK, supers, wouldn't alter a game fundamentally in the slightest, at least where it matters (High level play).
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *walks forward and does a flash kick*
    There are somethings that should remain harder to do for the sake of balance. I guess SPD, or SRK is just a bad example.
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *walks up and does non-buffered standing 720*
    There are somethings that should remain harder to do for the sake of balance. I guess SPD, or SRK is just a bad example.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PurpleLemonadeGGPOPurpleLemonadeGGPO Joined: Posts: 1,336
    So is all of this going to show up on the twitter account later?

its got nothing to do with being hard its about the time it takes to actually input the move
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Syxx-Pacalypse Joined: Posts: 8,937

sounds like Garou
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,460 mod
    I was tempted to make an account just to post "lolscrub," but sadly the thread was already locked.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    ahahaha you are a fucking idiot get out of my face

But its true. Scrubs spam specials anyways, making it 1 button press won't make it anymore spammable. Its more about the effectiveness of the move, hitbox, framedata, etc. that determines its spamminess.
    *walks forward and does a flash kick*

Yeah why not lol?
  • PurpleLemonadeGGPOPurpleLemonadeGGPO Joined: Posts: 1,336
    Yeah why not lol?

Because charge motions aren't arbitrary designed. It's made that way to limit use of the move. Same with the SPD.

You ever play simple mode ssf4 on 3ds where a bunch of moves are grafted to a single button press on the touch screen? It's retarded.

For the rest of you guys who don't know jack shit about fighting games go here:

[SIZE=13px]http://mammonmachine.blogspot.com/2011/05/skulls-for-girls.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px]control+f and search for this question[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]You just mentioned that you couldn’t assign special moves to buttons; why is that?[/SIZE]
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think it's in very poor taste and poor etiquette to spam. Especially in a tournament. If you think spamming is 1337 then that's your opinion. To each his own.

I'm not saying spamming is not allowed or not beatable. You all know that I'm all for "anything goes". But spamming is not cool in my opinion. And I can't imagine that the top players in the world (such as Daigo, Justin Wong and Poonkgo) think too much of spamming either.

All I'm saying is don't expect a "Good Game" comment from me if you spam me to death. I can't stop people from resorting to spamming, but I certainly won't encourage, defend or reward spamming.
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,386 ✭✭
    This topic is working great at outing closet scrubs/smashers.

Scrubquotes topic self-perpetuates by providing more material for itself.
    IT WORKS ON SO MANY LEVELS.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • JazzJazz Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 3,085
    thread of the year...thank god someone brought this back right on time too
    Reserving judgement until after EVO. If Top 5 is all the same character, ban that character.
    There you go, character variety supporters.
    Otherwise... w/e SFxT will be out by the time folks decide to go back to Super.

Azrael's opinion is cool, he's had more hours with it in Japan so I'll be watching this space to see if everyone else sees stuff worth changing.

smh
    I think some ppl should join the madden community
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten "All Sonic needs is one bad day, and he'll be just like me." Joined: Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this thread, may it be updated often and be filed into the congressional library to be shared by future generations. :)
    Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

• clue2025clue2025 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu player Joined: Posts: 2,805
    Are half of these things said by negative zer0?
    Sorry I am standing so far away...I don't want any of your game rubbing off on me
    I once gave up pool, it was the most terrifying weekend of my life
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/why-not-make-super-the-tournament-standard.138513/

this thread is so full of fail
    i cant believe that azrael made it, lol
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,460 mod
    a thread about the scrub fandom cant be complete without this epic fail
    [SIZE=12px]Back, waaaaay back, there was such a thing in the Arcade I played in. Gentleman Rules were thus;[/SIZE]
    1: No Spamming. Any more than 5 fireballs thrown in a row and you were laughed at and mocked. Even if you won you lost.
    2: No Using fireballs to kill a blocking person with a sliver of life left. That's why in Alpha you got a Cheese block for doing this and now in IV you get a big, fat C. Doing this accidentally led to an immediate apology by the offender.
    3: No striking dazed opponents. This was the first Gentleman Rule I noticed to fall. The premise was simple; if you had skill you didn't need to take a free shot. This rule faded just after Championship Edition came out.
    4: No attacking an opponent who wasn't ready. If something happened and a player got distracted the other player halted his assault. The flip side of this was the distracted player must recover quickly. A guy who was physically bumped into was given a moment to come around but a guy who stopped to talk to his girlfriend was beaten mercilessly after a 3 or 4 second pause.
    [SIZE=12px]Of course, with online play now, there is no such thing anymore. Even if you're mic-ed and tell your opponent to hang on a sec cause your battery died, just forget it. Now I'm willing to admit #3 is not realistic anymore, but I really mourn the other 3 rules.[/SIZE]

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943711-street-fighter-iv/48533804
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ShwafflesShwaffles Joined: Posts: 1,401
    You heard it here folks. TIERS R 4 QUEERS!!!
    Thescrub.png
    /Scrub Pic

That's . . . so scrubby it's beautiful.

• tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His post isn't "totally" scrubby. Remember when
    Thescrub.png
    There are rare cases when this is true though. Tomhilfiger's Nina and Noman's Christie come to mind.
    When everyone was rocking T4 Jin, they came and showed everyone how good those "low tier" characters really are.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin