Scrubquotes is back!

1165167169170171

Comments

  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    edited January 18
    IglooBob wrote: »
    3s is not that imbalanced. Chun Yun Ken is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to 3s as it exists now. The matchup chart everyone uses to say 3s is really imbalanced is like a decade old written by one guy. A guy who coincidentally I destroyed last time I was in Tokyo when we played! The "official Japanese matchup chart" isn't representative at all of how most top players view the game's balance.

    Of course none of this has anything to do with LTG who is so far down on the totem pole of 3s play that the games matchups aren't even relevant to him. It's like watching your sister's Makoto vs your dog's Chun and saying dang I think my dog will win, this is a hard match for Mak.

    The Akuma being banned and god tier is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to ST as it exists now.


    Which reminds me. How many scrub quotes am I gonna get when I pick Akuma and Violent Ken online once USF2 drops...


    Wish Low Tier God would play me in MK1 or MK2. Then he'd really be a salt statue. I mean that Jax, that Mileena
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    Doubt it
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,598 mod
    edited January 20
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Doubt it

    Evidence shows otherwise.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    IglooBob wrote: »
    3s is not that imbalanced. Chun Yun Ken is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to 3s as it exists now. The matchup chart everyone uses to say 3s is really imbalanced is like a decade old written by one guy. A guy who coincidentally I destroyed last time I was in Tokyo when we played! The "official Japanese matchup chart" isn't representative at all of how most top players view the game's balance.

    Of course none of this has anything to do with LTG who is so far down on the totem pole of 3s play that the games matchups aren't even relevant to him. It's like watching your sister's Makoto vs your dog's Chun and saying dang I think my dog will win, this is a hard match for Mak.

    The Akuma being banned and god tier is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to ST as it exists now.

    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,660
    The picture is ungodly huge.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,714
    Komatik wrote: »
    The picture is ungodly huge.

    Fixed!
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 683
    Wait who's the scrub in that instance? Cause the fact that Corey kept getting baited is hilarious.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,980
    How are people who comment under MissingPerson's shitty articles, scrubs?
    Seriously, read the title before posting.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    edited January 26
    d3v wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Doubt it

    Evidence shows otherwise.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    IglooBob wrote: »
    3s is not that imbalanced. Chun Yun Ken is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to 3s as it exists now. The matchup chart everyone uses to say 3s is really imbalanced is like a decade old written by one guy. A guy who coincidentally I destroyed last time I was in Tokyo when we played! The "official Japanese matchup chart" isn't representative at all of how most top players view the game's balance.

    Of course none of this has anything to do with LTG who is so far down on the totem pole of 3s play that the games matchups aren't even relevant to him. It's like watching your sister's Makoto vs your dog's Chun and saying dang I think my dog will win, this is a hard match for Mak.

    The Akuma being banned and god tier is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to ST as it exists now.

    Obviously, you got punked/trolled or whatever right there...

    Read the post I quoted. Looks familiar to what I wrote...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,598 mod
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Doubt it

    Evidence shows otherwise.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    IglooBob wrote: »
    3s is not that imbalanced. Chun Yun Ken is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to 3s as it exists now. The matchup chart everyone uses to say 3s is really imbalanced is like a decade old written by one guy. A guy who coincidentally I destroyed last time I was in Tokyo when we played! The "official Japanese matchup chart" isn't representative at all of how most top players view the game's balance.

    Of course none of this has anything to do with LTG who is so far down on the totem pole of 3s play that the games matchups aren't even relevant to him. It's like watching your sister's Makoto vs your dog's Chun and saying dang I think my dog will win, this is a hard match for Mak.

    The Akuma being banned and god tier is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to ST as it exists now.

    Obviously, you got punked/trolled or whatever right there...

    Read the post I quoted. Looks familiar to what I wrote...

    I read both, which is exactly why I agreed with @Missing Person calling you stupid.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,387
    I've not played For Honor yet by i understand there are diferent modes, one of them being 2v2. There is a discussion going on the For Honor reddit about 2v2 and waiting for your partner to finish his fight...
    It is not "honorable" to jump in and help your partner.

    I cannot fathom this nonsense, it's beneficial to go 2v1. In shooters you position yourself in such a way you attack from 2 sides, covering eachother. The title For Honor seems to attract scrubs talking about "Honor" and their made up rules. I'll just link the thread:
    For Honor 2v2 thread discussion
    SFV: Juri
    GGREV2: Baiken
    T7:
    Nina
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy




  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,598 mod
    If he'd just stopped at the first sentence...
    Apparently, their problem is that everyone is out there doing combos and shit.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,660
    The scrubs' detachment from reality is amazing. Not finding a player able to do combos "for quite a long time?"
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    d3v wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Doubt it

    Evidence shows otherwise.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    IglooBob wrote: »
    3s is not that imbalanced. Chun Yun Ken is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to 3s as it exists now. The matchup chart everyone uses to say 3s is really imbalanced is like a decade old written by one guy. A guy who coincidentally I destroyed last time I was in Tokyo when we played! The "official Japanese matchup chart" isn't representative at all of how most top players view the game's balance.

    Of course none of this has anything to do with LTG who is so far down on the totem pole of 3s play that the games matchups aren't even relevant to him. It's like watching your sister's Makoto vs your dog's Chun and saying dang I think my dog will win, this is a hard match for Mak.

    The Akuma being banned and god tier is a really outdated concept and doesn't have much relevance to ST as it exists now.

    Obviously, you got punked/trolled or whatever right there...

    Read the post I quoted. Looks familiar to what I wrote...

    I read both, which is exactly why I agreed with @Missing Person calling you stupid.

    Then you must be retarded
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 683
    wow... didn't someone have an "honorable" fighting game they threw together in Mugen based on scrub's ridiculous ideas? Can we add losing meter and taking chip damage if your attacks are blocked into it?
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,813

    This post is so full of gold. My favorite part is:

    unknown.png

    Damn this one is gold
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    [Tekken 7] Dragunov Training mode
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,348
    Tetsuro wrote: »
    wow... didn't someone have an "honorable" fighting game they threw together in Mugen based on scrub's ridiculous ideas? Can we add losing meter and taking chip damage if your attacks are blocked into it?

    @LordWilliam1234 time to make an honest fighter II?
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    LockM wrote: »
    I've not played For Honor yet by i understand there are diferent modes, one of them being 2v2. There is a discussion going on the For Honor reddit about 2v2 and waiting for your partner to finish his fight...
    It is not "honorable" to jump in and help your partner.

    I cannot fathom this nonsense, it's beneficial to go 2v1. In shooters you position yourself in such a way you attack from 2 sides, covering eachother. The title For Honor seems to attract scrubs talking about "Honor" and their made up rules. I'll just link the thread:
    For Honor 2v2 thread discussion

    See, when I see that title, I see it as a direct challenge. Maybe professional wrestling has screwed up my sense of morality and made me think being the bad guy is cool, but whenever a game tells me to be a nice upstanding guy it just makes me want to be a huge shitbag. It's like the dudes who politely wait for you in Dark Souls PvP and don't abuse NPC enemies to win easier. Fuck you, you're a literal goddamn invader, I'm going to be a coward piece of shit and abuse elevator jump thrusts, mob tactics and ledges to kill you. Hell, I'll pretend to be an upstanding guy and wait for you to finish just so I can backstab whoever looks like a bigger threat. Fuck chivalry, I'm a coward who is bad at video games.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,031
    In many competitive multiplayer games... there really isn't a point to engage in any chivalrous behavior. I mean, unless someone snags the Bushido Blade license and makes online multiplayer with some "honor" incentive just like in the main game story, what is there to gain from it? No, not talking a 'sense of fulfillment' bullshit reason, is the other guy going to see that? No, I'm talking about in-game incentives and rewards for such behavior.

    Of course, there isn't such. If a game is made for competitive multiplayer, you do your damn best to win that shit as hard as the game allows you to in that system.

    And the dumbass (hey @Raging_Zoroark , is there a link of some kind to that person's post where that screencap came from?) who tried to make a point using Muhammad Ali...the dumbass is trolling hard, because back in the time he was boxing, he was getting shit from those watching his fights due to coming up with a strat that fucking WORKS, but THOSE SCRUBS THEN SAID WAS COWARDLY OF HIM.

    He was enduring Scrubquotes back then through his career, yet was still within the rules of the sport, you think if Ali was still alive now he'd still give a shit about fighting 'honorably?' and all that other made-up rules bullshit?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,596
    Valoon wrote: »

    This post is so full of gold. My favorite part is:

    unknown.png

    Damn this one is gold

    Yeah he's trolling now, no way anyone is serious with this.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,348
    (hey @Raging_Zoroark , is there a link of some kind to that person's post where that screencap came from?)

    http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/141136086933960475/
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,469
    Anyone have any scrubquotes from Pokken players who are salty about Marvel Evo?
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,348
    "Reversals are too hard" part 2

    unknown.png
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,980
    Reversals are kinda hard in GG Xrd, but you also get a huge payoff in that game if you land one with meter.
    It's not like Street Fighter where you get like a hundred damage and a bit of space, making it hardly worth it considering the risk.

    The only thing I don't like about GG is button mashing.
    I never understood why developers in fighting games think it's a good idea that people should have to roll their face over their controllers when they get stunned, staggered or want to perform a special move.
    It's just crap on the hardware and not an interesting thing to do as a player.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,303
    Reversals are kinda hard in GG Xrd, but you also get a huge payoff in that game if you land one with meter.
    It's not like Street Fighter where you get like a hundred damage and a bit of space, making it hardly worth it considering the risk.

    The only thing I don't like about GG is button mashing.
    I never understood why developers in fighting games think it's a good idea that people should have to roll their face over their controllers when they get stunned, staggered or want to perform a special move.
    It's just crap on the hardware and not an interesting thing to do as a player.

    LMAO, chains =/= button mashing.
    If you are losing to button mashing then you are worst than what you think.
    Expecting games to be unnecessary difficult where everything is a goddamn link is beyond stupid.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,980
    edited February 15
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Reversals are kinda hard in GG Xrd, but you also get a huge payoff in that game if you land one with meter.
    It's not like Street Fighter where you get like a hundred damage and a bit of space, making it hardly worth it considering the risk.

    The only thing I don't like about GG is button mashing.
    I never understood why developers in fighting games think it's a good idea that people should have to roll their face over their controllers when they get stunned, staggered or want to perform a special move.
    It's just crap on the hardware and not an interesting thing to do as a player.

    LMAO, chains =/= button mashing.
    If you are losing to button mashing then you are worst than what you think.
    Expecting games to be unnecessary difficult where everything is a goddamn link is beyond stupid.

    Who the fuck is talking about chains, links and losing?

    I'm talking about having to wiggle your stick and mash buttons to get out of shit like stun for no reason other than having to mash.
    I hate that shit in SF, too.

    Who the fuck needs that?
    Is that fun to you?
    Kinda like Track & Field on the Gameboy, and boy did that game suck.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 999
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Reversals are kinda hard in GG Xrd, but you also get a huge payoff in that game if you land one with meter.
    It's not like Street Fighter where you get like a hundred damage and a bit of space, making it hardly worth it considering the risk.

    The only thing I don't like about GG is button mashing.
    I never understood why developers in fighting games think it's a good idea that people should have to roll their face over their controllers when they get stunned, staggered or want to perform a special move.
    It's just crap on the hardware and not an interesting thing to do as a player.

    LMAO, chains =/= button mashing.
    If you are losing to button mashing then you are worst than what you think.
    Expecting games to be unnecessary difficult where everything is a goddamn link is beyond stupid.

    He was talking about getting out of stun state
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,303
    Well sorry then. I just assumed that he was on the same bs that many idiots here on srk have posted before, complaining that x or y game are pure button mashing because chains, lol.
    This is why i shouldn't post while semi drunk so i don't end up replying without reading the whole post, lol.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,980
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Well sorry then. I just assumed that he was on the same bs that many idiots here on srk have posted before, complaining that x or y game are pure button mashing because chains, lol.
    This is why i shouldn't post while semi drunk so i don't end up replying without reading the whole post, lol.

    lol no I like the combo system in that game xD
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    reminds me of the time i semi infinited my opponent with axl's cHS. he couldn't get out of it because he didn't mash hard enough. Seems kind of a silly system but w/e
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

    Youtube: Dentalplan
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,291
    edited February 16
    Pertho wrote: »
    Is this where we are posting the sf5 patch notes?

    No this thread is Mike Z's entire twitter account gahahaha
    Some scrub makes those videos complaining that in the KI forums people aren't taking his scrubby comments as a valid criticisms.





    And he's planning on making more videos IIIIIIRRRRCCC!!!


    He does have a point that the KI community is suffering from a retard infestation.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,303






    The salt on those videos is too good :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,348
    edited February 19
    I don't fucking get it. The game was made with cliffs, some stages are made with them in strategic points and some classes are good to push opponents down the cliff and people still complain about this tatic? It's like: "Hey dude. let's play street fighter, but no kicking, ok?"
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,177
    Having to think before you charge forward at someone who's very clearly waiting to push you down a cliff is hard.
    Therefore it must be nerfed.
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 331
    I don't fucking get it. The game was made with cliffs, some stages are made with them in strategic points and some classes are good to push opponents down the cliff and people still complain about this tatic? It's like: "Hey dude. let's play street fighter, but no kicking, ok?"
    It is like if in SF throws could ""randomly*"" instakill you and if you break the throw it can kill the opponent.

    * not so randomly but not for people who complain.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    20170220184242-212.247.37.162.jpg
    20170220184312-212.247.37.162.jpg
    20170220184406-212.247.37.162.jpg

    Throws get people really salty. Hell, I have explained multiple times to the guy that tech windows are massive in For Honor. Hell, the only reason I miss them are because I keep instinctually going for a traditional break, which is too early. Also, I'm pretty sure that's not what a meta is. Unless I've been understanding it wrong and this whole time meta actually meant "basic game mechanics".
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 331
    edited February 27
    Kecka wrote: »
    Throws get people really salty. Hell, I have explained multiple times to the guy that tech windows are massive in For Honor.
    People more upset about other people that attampt to throw continously even detting stuffed with light attacks and losing up to 90% HP...
    BUT still winning because buffed \ special trow mechanic that will carry opponent to the ledge and beyond.
    Also you can't tech a throw if they are in any state of animation except of neutral.
    It is not only making some some actions a suicide moves but also (I think but I need to test it) making some chain throw possible.

    Game have some problems on a core level that hardly can be adressed.

    OH and "revenge armor" can allow you guardbreak through attacks. At 108 item lvl you can get revenge after 4 blocks\hits.
    Post edited by Araragi-kun on
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Come hither! Punishment awaits! Joined: Posts: 2,795
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,084
    Note: Throws = instant scrubquotes, just add water
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,598 mod
    edited March 1
Sign In or Register to comment.