Scrubquotes is back!

Comments

• CynicalCynical Joined: Posts: 27
    Emil wrote: »
    Being annoyed and in disagreement about counterpicking isn't scrubby, or else you'd be calling Bonchan a scrub (he was particularly upset at Infiltration attempting to counterpick him with Abel in some korean tournament).
    If Bonchan was upset with Infiltration counterpicking him in a tournament, then he's a scrub. An incredibly skilled scrub who is better at fighting games than I could ever dream of being, but a scrub nonetheless.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,428
    OMG, this video... the comments...

Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,270
    It's almost as if the start of every battle happens at the character select screen...
    Who da thunk it with these things?!
    I R SMURT.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    snip

I've never heard somebody use so many words to say "I can't block".

When somebody is going fucking crazy, you just block.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • HyenaboyHyenaboy Joined: Posts: 77
    I've seen that guy's dumb face saying stupid shit around YouTube and now that I've heard him open his mouth I have a reason to ignore everything he has to talk about. Played games on the hardest difficulty, lol. He's got a potty mouth too.

If you lose to mashing and you blame anybody but yourself or you refuse to hold your loss, you deserve all the ridicule. I fought a button masher the other day. I lost. Then I frame trapped him to death. The end.

Top comments are surprisingly lucid though. I'm disappointed no one has called him out yet.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    Hyenaboy wrote: »
    I've seen that guy's dumb face saying stupid shit around YouTube and now that I've heard him open his mouth I have a reason to ignore everything he has to talk about. Played games on the hardest difficulty, lol. He's got a potty mouth too.

If you lose to mashing and you blame anybody but yourself or you refuse to hold your loss, you deserve all the ridicule. I fought a button masher the other day. I lost. Then I frame trapped him to death. The end.

Top comments are surprisingly lucid though. I'm disappointed no one has called him out yet.

There's a couple of comments that call him out basically saying what you're saying. "If you lose to a button masher, you're not as good as you think you are"
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,813
    My head hurts from reading that...and what do they define as "spam?"

And what game is those rules even for?
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Guilty Gear. Axl Low & ABA are GG characters. I'm not very aware of the meta, but I don't think Axl was high tier in any version, just had some Dhalsim-style long range attacks. lol scrubs
    I am the one true frog.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,651
    OMG, this video... the comments...

Why are we addressing a 3 year old video? And from AOS, for that matter?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,813
    No movespam
    No special spam
    No spam

So... everyone should stand still?

I still think what the scrubs really want is something like what I posted here about a year ago:
    Wow. Just...wow. How did I not find this thread before. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :rofl:

Reading through this thread I have come to the conclusion that the next (2D) fighting game made should have the following features:
    - Any character with a fireball cannot throw more than 5 per game. Any more than 5 is considered "spamming" and "unfair," and thus will not be allowed.

- Throwing invalidates guarding! This is cheap. This new game will not have any throws of any kind.

- Spamming jabs for hit-confirms is cheap! All jabs are -20 on block so you will be punished for trying to be cheap.

- Winning while using only 2-3 moves is cheap! As such, you cannot perform the same move more than twice in a row, and you cannot kill the opponent unless you have hit them with more than 10 different moves to show your skill.

- Running away takes no skill and is cheap! The ability to jump backwards or walk backwards will not be present.

- Jumping is cheap and takes no skill! Every grounded move will have full invincibility to airborne attacks.

- AAs are also cheap! Every jumping attack is fully invincible.

- Frame traps are exploits and are therefore cheap! All moves are -1 on block or worse.

- Cross-ups are exploits and are cheap. It will not be possible to jump over the opponent.

- Overheads invalidate guarding. This is cheap! All moves can be blocked standing or crouching.

- Invincibility on moves is cheap. No move will have invincibility of any kind.

- Throwing any kind of projectile is cheap and takes no skill! Fireballs will not do chip damage in addition to the limitation listed above.

- Attacking your opponent while they are getting up off the ground is not fighting honorably! If your opponent is knocked down, you cannot move or perform any actions until 10 frames after they get up. This will promote fighting with honor and respect.

- Blocking all day is cheap! If you hold block for more than 120 frames, your character self-crumples! This will prevent people from turtling, which of course takes no skill.

- Locking people down in the corner is cheap. The stages will loop infinitely instead.

- Practicing is cheating! This game will not have a training mode.

- Winning is cheap. Both players get a win regardless of who is KO'd first.

And voila! A cheap-free game! All the scrubs will be happy! :woot:

Even then I have a feeling they'd complain about something.
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997
    edited July 2015
    My head hurts from reading that...and what do they define as "spam?"

And what game is those rules even for?
    Looks Like GGAC+R, which is depressing that someone like that wants to play the game.
    Post edited by BurnYourEgo on
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
    No movespam
    No special spam
    No spam

So... everyone should stand still?

I still think what the scrubs really want is something like what I posted here about a year ago:
    Wow. Just...wow. How did I not find this thread before. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :rofl:

Reading through this thread I have come to the conclusion that the next (2D) fighting game made should have the following features:
    - Any character with a fireball cannot throw more than 5 per game. Any more than 5 is considered "spamming" and "unfair," and thus will not be allowed.

- Throwing invalidates guarding! This is cheap. This new game will not have any throws of any kind.

- Spamming jabs for hit-confirms is cheap! All jabs are -20 on block so you will be punished for trying to be cheap.

- Winning while using only 2-3 moves is cheap! As such, you cannot perform the same move more than twice in a row, and you cannot kill the opponent unless you have hit them with more than 10 different moves to show your skill.

- Running away takes no skill and is cheap! The ability to jump backwards or walk backwards will not be present.

- Jumping is cheap and takes no skill! Every grounded move will have full invincibility to airborne attacks.

- AAs are also cheap! Every jumping attack is fully invincible.

- Frame traps are exploits and are therefore cheap! All moves are -1 on block or worse.

- Cross-ups are exploits and are cheap. It will not be possible to jump over the opponent.

- Overheads invalidate guarding. This is cheap! All moves can be blocked standing or crouching.

- Invincibility on moves is cheap. No move will have invincibility of any kind.

- Throwing any kind of projectile is cheap and takes no skill! Fireballs will not do chip damage in addition to the limitation listed above.

- Attacking your opponent while they are getting up off the ground is not fighting honorably! If your opponent is knocked down, you cannot move or perform any actions until 10 frames after they get up. This will promote fighting with honor and respect.

- Blocking all day is cheap! If you hold block for more than 120 frames, your character self-crumples! This will prevent people from turtling, which of course takes no skill.

- Locking people down in the corner is cheap. The stages will loop infinitely instead.

- Practicing is cheating! This game will not have a training mode.

- Winning is cheap. Both players get a win regardless of who is KO'd first.

And voila! A cheap-free game! All the scrubs will be happy! :woot:

Even then I have a feeling they'd complain about something.

Now I'm trying to imagine a game with these rules. My head hurts.

I'm thinking of making a "Scrub Mode" side mode in my fan-made fighter that has these rules, just to see how it turns out.

Only Ryu will be playable in that mode as scrubs are always complaining about how unbalanced everything is. With only one playable character, there are no balance problems to worry about!
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    edited July 2015

I'm thinking of making a "Scrub Mode" side mode in my fan-made fighter that has these rules, just to see how it turns out.

Only Ryu will be playable in that mode as scrubs are always complaining about how unbalanced everything is. With only one playable character, there are no balance problems to worry about!

So, a scrub mode that low ti3r god will never play?
    Post edited by Raging_Zoroark on
    Oh right, Shotos are only for people with low IQ.

Rolento only playable character.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    Oh right, Shotos are only for people with low IQ.

Rolento only playable character.
    I believe the original quote from LowTierFraud was that charge characters were for people with low IQ.
    d3v wrote: »
    I believe the original quote from LowTierFraud was that charge characters were for people with low IQ.

He says it more for charge characters, yeah, but he uses the low IQ quote for shotos sometimes as well (or just says they're for people who are dumb).
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    And so it begins.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,915
    Game's only a month old, how can it produce this much salt already?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    Where there are scrubs, there is salt.
    tataki wrote: »
    snip

This is the best shit. Looooooooooool.

"I have no idea of the core mechanics of the game." What do these players...play? Are they mad at MOBA shit too? Like, I don't understand.

"FGC doesn't need more fighting games that are exploitable by 12 year olds." Yo, hating on MvC3 like that?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    I can't even talk about something I like for 20 minutes. Wtf is wrong with this guy
    I'm about to go inception on you dudes.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• S-U-P-E-RS-U-P-E-R CAT DRUGS Joined: Posts: 74
    Hahahah oh, I should have known you were fakeposting on twitter. Well played.
    a haunted video game
    S-U-P-E-R wrote: »
    Hahahah oh, I should have known you were fakeposting on twitter. Well played.

Quote it motherfucker. quote all of that glory in here.#fixFireballs

Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    edited July 2015

But you lost the first time and that is the problem that he is discussing.

There is really nothing wrong that he is stating in the video. He doesn't really even make excuses about why he's losing, he just highlights the instance in which this happens. It's likely happened to anyone that is competent in a game, including me. When you're competent, you tend to do moves with a purpose, with an anticipation of what the opponent can do and might do. You know that if you are fighting an atleast semi-competent player, that there is only a small subset of possible actions that he can take in any given situation. But a button masher can do anything and everything in any given situation because he doesn't think at all about what he's doing. They don't weigh risk and reward. They don't weigh frame startup and recoveries. They don't know anything about the properties or the trajectories and why they are good/bad ideas in the given situation. You can lose a match before you are able to identify just how incompetent the player is.

Once you able to see just how bad he is, you can make the adjustments but playing "normally" the first match, it's possible to lose.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    Whelp that didn't take long. d3v's signature is super relevant here.

Also who the fuck is this guy to go off on Killian like that? Does this guy go to majors or even place in local tournaments?
    Whelp that didn't take long. d3v's signature is super relevant here.

Also who the fuck is this guy to go off on Killian like that? Does this guy go to majors or even place in local tournaments?

I love that part. Especially when he claims he has done more for the FGC than Killian and most other guys and says most players are too stupid and ignorant to notice what he does for the community. Then fails to mention anything he has done lol.
    At least DSP placed.
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,619
    tataki wrote: »

Are we watching the birth of a new DSP, a DSP born in the era of Twitch and YouTube?

Ronin says:

rodin.jpg

It's beatiful!
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    He was so excited lmao
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997
    edited July 2015
    That fucking rant was the scrubbiest god damn thing I have ever heard. He hit on like every point "Dishonorable", "not playing the game as intended" , "cheap", "basement dweller". . . image.png

He even sounded a bit German, can salt create the next Hitler?
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
    No wonder he looks up to Low Tier Fraud.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data