Scrubquotes is back!

Comments

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,130
    Cipher wrote: »
    Well I usualy post this stuff with another account, but I'm to lazy to Log around:

SCRUB: A modern derogatory and inflammatory term most often used to describe people who disagree with core game mechanics, popular game play, player exploits and inadequate or Unbalanced game design. Antonym: Zealot. The term began its use for Street Fighter during the 1980's arcades around the time that SF2WW and SF2CE were becoming more and more popular, to refer to the newcomers to the game who didn't understand or know the existing playerbase throughout a region, and thus broke all of the in-game sportsmanship and respect etiquette that existed as a code amongst the hardcore, long-time player community. They most often perceived it as just another video game they happened to stumble upon and they'll do whatever they can to win, unaccountable to the existing original playerbase. They'd most often end up playing alone, and were friendless to begin with.

Enjoy this?
    Want more?
    Here is a whole Goldmine for you!
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/133260492065430110/

That 9 Immortal biatch has got to be a hardcore troll. But then again...
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,703
    Ah yeah this thread, I should be more active with that.
    Steam is the true saltmine and a goldmine for scrubquotes.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,023
    I've been playing Dark Souls 3 PvP for the past week, and after reading these scrubquotes nothing holds a candle to how scrubby this community is. It's weird, a franchise that attracts all the hardcore players for PvE ends up having the scrubbiest PvP player base.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,339
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    I've been playing Dark Souls 3 PvP for the past week, and after reading these scrubquotes nothing holds a candle to how scrubby this community is. It's weird, a franchise that attracts all the hardcore players for PvE ends up having the scrubbiest PvP player base.

Sounds like World of Warcraft.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    Pfft, if you can't tech a throw, I'm going to abuse that shit when there's money on the line.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,662
    "not on top of your game" = not wanting to test your capability of avoiding getting hit once for two minutes for no damn reason.

These people smh.

I mean, yeah. It's boring. That's how games pan out sometimes.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter", don't ask Joined: Posts: 1,597
    It's Smash, so I don't see the point of debating it one way or another

Thank god that, FOR ONCE, CapcomFighters started on time instead of waiting for this trash to end
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,059 mod
    Scrubbery is scrubbery regardless of game or genre.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,757
    Expecting any post from affinity to make sense is ludicrous, just grab the popcorn and laugh.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    C-2rh7CXsAQcS56.jpg
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,096
    HEY! Don't steal my scrubquote material! :mad:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    HEY! Don't steal my scrubquote material! :mad:

:cool: :razz:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 878
    Everytime i get hit with a 50/50 setup when i try to react to shit in this game i invision me stabbing the battle director for SF5 in the chest.

-

Me
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,307
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    d3v wrote: »
    Max has gone full on scrublord now.

When was he not?
    I still remember that beating Romneto gave him in Marvel 2... Dude was all like "Yeah OK dude you know how to play Marvel..." for real?
    Nah, it's just that YOU don't know how.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,812
    xiceman191 wrote: »

Page 1 was just talking about the aesthetics, which I think is a valid point. Didn't bother reading more.
    xiceman191 wrote: »

Yeah, like @Muttonman said, the OP was just talking about the aesthetics, not really fighting game mechanics, so not really a scrubquote

But I'll add this: juggling always bothered me in fighting games. Except for a few bugs in specific versions, Street Fighter never had them before ST and it was a better game because of that absence

Call me a purist or grumpy old man, but the first time I saw a juggle in ST (in a dark arcade somewhere in the 90s) I was baffled and a little disgusted. That looked so stupid, like Sagat's Tiger Uppercut hitting multiple times all the way up just because...

It didn't help that I used Blanka during most of SFIV's lifespan, a character with little to no juggles during most of that game's iterations (EX Horiball xx FADC was always a stupid use of meter anyways)
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,580
    Does this count as scrub quotes?
  • UltimateChocolateUltimateChocolate Joined: Posts: 40
    "Hitboxes are for people who needs to compensate for something" - ME
    roast me fam
    "I push buttons and do combo, vape nation.." - Abraham Lincoln, 2020
    follow me on twitter
    "Hitboxes are for people who needs to compensate for something" - ME
    roast me fam

They independent gamers and don't need no shaft.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,374
    Well I just got called every insult towards black people you can think of because a Supes player got the R. Kelly Special from my Vixtah. (That's two perfects if you didn't know)
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,994
    edited May 17
    Hecatom wrote: »
    DACr51VVoAAneAY.jpg:orig

I gotta say, the most common trait of scrubs have to be their universal hatred of zoning.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s

I gotta say, the most common trait of scrubs have to be their universal hatred of zoning.

Is actually, an universal hatred torwards anything that beats them and they don't have an answer to it.
    Remove zoning, and they will be complaining about people spamming the same combo, spamming throws, etc, etc.

Just looks at the SFV section and their hilarious ideas on how to improve SFV or why x or y char is op.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,388

I've met a guy that I could literally put him on the corner and tick throw/ frame trap for days and he wouldn't say a thing, but hitting him with 3 consecutive projectiles would make him drop the controller without fail.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    edited May 18
    Can we all agree that NRS really knows how to make zoning look real, real bad?

Even I felt disgusted watching some DSP or LTG "highlights" playing MK9, MKX or Injustice 1... I mean, you have characters literally shooting guns at fullscreen and causing considerable chipdamage

And I just saw some Injustice 2 gameplay and shit looks real bad... I'm sure there are ways to fight that kinda stuff, but from an outsider perspective that just looks bad and makes me want to stay as far away from that game as I can, so I can't fault a casual player for hating Deadshot firing away from fullscreen

BTW: This is not a complain of zoning as a valid fighting style or the competitiveness aspect of NRS games (I really don't care how competitive those games are), it's just an aesthetic observation and my personal opinion on the matter. That kind of game (or gameplay, I should say) just don't appeal to me and a lot of potential players, scrubs or not, don't like it either

I don't think those games would lose much by replacing those quick gun shots by more traditional, Street Fighter style, slow-moving fireballs or something like Wesker's gunshots (if you want a more MVC-style of gameplay, wich doesn't seem to be the case with Injustice)

NRS zoning looks bad because it really only works at full screen, but works really well at that range. Since you can't link, you can't have traditional mid range footsies where you're fishing for crouching mediums to fireball and stuff like that.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,703
    I don't know if NRS makes zoning look bad.
    Zoning in Capcom games was never fun to do or watch, while in my years in P4A and KoF98 is fell kinda in love with it.
    Rugal and Athena are two of my most played characters in KoF and I love Whip, whos basicly Dhalsim on steroids.
    Hitting a fireball into a full juggle in P4A was always such a great feeling.
    In SF it's either anti-air or the opponent jumps into the fireball and gets knocked down, it kinda lacks the exitemeant and fun to do. But thats just me.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
    edited May 19
    NRS zoning looks bad because it really only works at full screen, but works really well at that range. Since you can't link, you can't have traditional mid range footsies where you're fishing for crouching mediums to fireball and stuff like that.

I don't know much about NRS games, so this is an honest question:

Since those full screen gun shots don't seem to have a big role in competitive play, how necessary are they to those games? Why every single NRS game of late (at least ever since MK9, I think) seems to have them?

To me (an outsider) it just looks bad and annoying to watch

Starts at 1:10:

Floe always delivers:

(and players just have to wait for the inevitable flood of constant patches and fixes, NRS at its "finest" once again)
    edited May 19
    atirador wrote: »

I don't know much about NRS games, so this is an honest question:

Since those full screen gun shots don't seem to have a big role in competitive play, how necessary are they to those games? Why every single NRS game of late (at least ever since MK9, I think) seems to have them?

To me (an outsider) it just looks bad and annoying to watch

Starts at 1:10:

Floe always delivers:

(and players just have to wait for the inevitable flood of constant patches and fixes, NRS at its "finest" once again)
    Full screen stuff tends to die off after the first couple of patches. And most competitive players figure out how to get in and stay in quickly (unless it's against SonicFox).

As for why gunshots (and other fast, full screen options)? I figure it's because the game's lack projectile clashes so zoning vs zoning isn't as interesting. What gunshots give is a way to hit the opponent and stop their own projectile from coming out.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,803
    Hm, ever since Max put up his "i hope Red Hood is not a zoning char" video, the comment section had turned into a goldmine for scrub quotes, lel
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,183
    That Art Vandelay is not me btw. xD

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/75365622

Is this one?
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    ArtVandelay is the new Anonymous