Scrubquotes is back!

Comments

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,460
    They will never stop complaining. Unless they are all winning, but to someone win, someone haves to lose so... scrubquotes will never end.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,116 mod
    Honestly, I wish they took the cooldowns out as well. Why the fuck am I being punished for landing a DP by not being able to do it for a fee seconds?
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    d3v wrote: »
    Honestly, I wish they took the cooldowns out as well. Why the fuck am I being punished for landing a DP by not being able to do it for a fee seconds?

If I land KA Talos' SPD... I can't actually use it again on their wakeup as a mixup.

That said, I think the DP cooldowns are there because the DPs in the game are really strong and KA/KD makes baiting them out not that worthwhile. Thus if you manage to force one out and punish it you get somewhat free oki if you do a short combo. Overall I'm not really a huge fan of the CD system, but the game is fun enough that I don't really mind it as a quirk.
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997
    edited August 2015
    So today I went to Capcom Unity to look at an uproar about Vega being a motion char (for now anyway), and..

I kinda agree, charge moves arent fair. One they force u to play the character a certain way since u have to incorporate the charge into ur strategy. Two, like Malisyn touched on its clearly cheap when another character can spam projectiles faster than the charge at about the same damage. They should either be eliminated or significantly reduced, like a 1 second charge. It would sure make picking Guile more fun cause lets face it if he is in this game Nash would be far superior.

Yup, it's Capcom Unity alright

Little do they know that most charges are exactly one second, or slightly over or under.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,389
    edited August 2015
    Don't remember if I shared this one.

"Zoning is a scrub tactic that exists in THIS game"

Oh, and Low Tier Fraud's salt mine from fighting Engravings:

I'd make a drinking game out of spotting every scrubquote between these kind of videos but I think we'd all be dead by the end of it.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,641
    For me, the difference between LTG and DSP is that, altough they're both stupid, DSP is almost funny to watch on his stupiddity and LTG is just annoying.
  • HyenaboyHyenaboy Joined: Posts: 77
    atirador wrote: »
    For me, the difference between LTG and DSP is that, altough they're both stupid, DSP is almost funny to watch on his stupiddity and LTG is just annoying.

For real, DSP may be an ass online, but he seems like he might be more chill in person. LTG just looks like he's a dick all around, and his pretty boy posturing gets on my nerves. Talking about how you go to the gym that much shows that you only do it for other people and not for yourself.
    I dunno. Maybe it's just me but I find LTG's particular brand of salt to be more entertaining than DSP's.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,392
    I don't see how people can listen to DSP's whining voice for over 10 seconds.

And... I still think that mofo's putting on an act, cause at this point someone who bitches as long as he does would eventually have quit fighting games.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,017
    Hyenaboy wrote: »

For real, DSP may be an ass online, but he seems like he might be more chill in person. LTG just looks like he's a dick all around, and his pretty boy posturing gets on my nerves. Talking about how you go to the gym that much shows that you only do it for other people and not for yourself.

I mean not trying to defend LTG but just saying. Don't most guys work out to get a nice body to impress a girl they like or to get more attractive girls?
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,462
    Oh lol. LTG. u so tragically funny
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

I mean not trying to defend LTG but just saying. Don't most guys work out to get a nice body to impress a girl they like or to get more attractive girls?
    Some people do, but it usually doesn't work. You'll definitely get more attention from guys who'd like to have your sick biceps / abs /whatever, so it's a very effective way to get mad respect from your bros, etc. Soo... it's usually to impress other guys, not girls, since the girls don't care as much as people think.

At least it's like that over here. Could be different in wherever he's from (I'm guessing the US?).
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,017
    Naeras wrote: »
    Oh lol. LTG. u so tragically funny
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

Some people do, but it usually doesn't work. You'll definitely get more attention from guys who'd like to have your sick biceps / abs /whatever, so it's a very effective way to get mad respect from your bros, etc. Soo... it's usually to impress other guys, not girls, since the girls don't care as much as people think.

At least it's like that over here. Could be different in wherever he's from (I'm guessing the US?).
    where u from? Because yes it's very different here in the U.S.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,196
    Pertho wrote: »
    Bad match ups are unfair.

You ever play Slayer vs Potemkin? #NotDandyAtAll

Chipp x pot :(
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    oh hey my tweet is on here lol
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    To be fair the netcode in most modern fighting games is ass (SF4,MvC3,KOFXIII,etc) so it's not exactly scrubby to get mad that the game decided at random to throw on input lag. However I'd say it's kind of your fault for taking such a flawed system seriously in the first place.
    It would be more fun if you actually linked to where you got that.
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497

it was on a rising thunder thread on 4chans /v/. threads on the site auto-delete for a while so the thread is prolly gone.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,950

it was on a rising thunder thread on 4chans /v/. threads on the site auto-delete for a while so the thread is prolly gone.

threads get archived outside of /b/ so it might still exist. I dont know how long the threads get archived for. You probably dont have the link anymore though so it doesnt matter
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

This tweet got deleted. What did it say originally?

Also...Low Tier Fraud claims that "Charge characters are for people with low IQ."

Yet he plays charge characters in Third Strike.

Also, apparently he played Killer Instinct at some point...scrubquotes abound once more.

I haven't played KI myself, but I'm guessing you can't actually "mash" combo breakers and he's just getting read constantly.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 Nani? Joined: Posts: 293
    Wtf, just lows, throws and overheads? shit game.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,392

I haven't played KI myself, but I'm guessing you can't actually "mash" combo breakers and he's just getting read constantly.

Correct. You might get lucky once in a blue moon, but mash that breaker command and see your character get lit up with LOCKOUT while getting lit the hell up with everything else freely.
    Or keep doing the same damn combo strength string and the opponent keeps busting you out cause you're thoughtless enough to not switch up or even use counter breakers...
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,641
    bypostman wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3gjplt/rising_thunder_alpha_is_now_open_to_all/ctze02h
    The inputs are extremely simplified, and well, everything is extremely simplified.
    However instead of this making the game more accessbile, fact paced, or fun, it essentially boiled fighting games down to the basics.
    Rising thunder is fast RPS, and that's kind of a bummer.
    The classic "crouching block" Has no counters except for throw and overheads (But lets be honest no one gets hit by overheads)
    So it's pretty much a turtlefest.
    Add into that insane imbalance, and it's just not worth it. A free game, thats simply not worth the time.

Crouching block confirmed as OP

Damn you, Seth Killian!
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,460
    Dizzy? C'mon LW, those things are no fun and unfair.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther

I actually want to see how that game would play out.

Your wish has been granted. Only Ryu vs Ryu as having character variety leads to character imbalance, which is cheap.

Granted there are some kinks to iron out since I kinda rushed the creation of this side mode (removing hitstun and blockstun among other things made it more buggy than I anticipated), and some cheap things that could still be removed (counter-hits allowing combos, you're still able to cross over someone if they're crouching, stuns being present, and possibly needing to remove "cheap" super/ultra combos), but it still plays out just about as well as you'd expect.
    You know, you could probably start a whole new thread for this.
    You know, you could probably start a whole new thread for this.

Probably, but I think leaving it here in the scrubquotes thread will be fine. Dunno if I'm gonna make more vids of that mode.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    snip

I wonder if we should link my "Listening to true fighting game players" vid to these people. How would they react to it.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    snip

I wonder if we should link my "Listening to true fighting game players" vid to these people. How would they react to it.

please do. Any one who talks that "honorable play" crap needs to see it.