Scrubquotes is back!

Comments

• atiradoratirador It means "shooter", don't ask Joined: Posts: 1,618
    d3v wrote: »
    Wow, someone actually dropped the Mike Z quote in my sig in that thread.

There is a lot of good things on GameFAQs in general, you just have to ignore some retards there.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,462
    IglooBob wrote: »
    "Shoto noob babies."

And I thought one Low Ti3r Fraud was bad enough.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Guile(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,012
    atirador wrote: »

There is a lot of good things on GameFAQs in general, you just have to ignore some retards there.

Some?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »

Some?

Well, it depends on the game, to be honest.

In some games you actually get a lot of useful stuff on the boards there, especially if there's no FAQ for that particular game and you can't find the information elsewhere.

I frequently check the boards for some japanese games that I play or I'm interested to see if there's news about them. It helps that some games are pretty niche, so you only have people who knows and/or really cares about the game.
  • VirtuaKazamaVirtuaKazama Mayor of Virtua City Joined: Posts: 47
    When DOA5 was out (talking about Vanilla), I heard a lot of horror stories on the scrubbery that goes on at GameFAQs. My all-time favorite (I think this was on DOAWorld or FSD) are posts talking about why people hate VF characters in DOA5.
    "Frame data, people! Do you read it?!"
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,881
    Hecatom wrote: »

Some?

Well, it depends on the game, to be honest.

In some games you actually get a lot of useful stuff on the boards there, especially if there's no FAQ for that particular game and you can't find the information elsewhere.

I frequently check the boards for some japanese games that I play or I'm interested to see if there's news about them. It helps that some games are pretty niche, so you only have people who knows and/or really cares about the game.

before the wiki was really populated I lived on gamefaqs for demon souls years ago. everyone once and again google will direct me there and there usually is some good information. I just don't go there looking around, might stumble into some garbage
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,462
    Good stuff, but some of the comments make me sad. Keep forgetting how much the FGC still seems to hate Smash. QSKhiWx.gif
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,933
    The match that sparked the wave of scrubbiness was painful to watch. With his team Lythero could have easily stopped Zero's projectile's. He should have rushed down with Voomerangs when he had Joe. He could have used since of Phoenix's projectiles could have helped him a bit when he had May out. The vase and the I.D would have slowed Zero down.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Wouldn't really say FGC. More like on-line warriors who think they're FGC just because they play a fighting game here'n'there or watch some streams. But have never nor will ever visit a local or tournament, or create content or make any substantial contribution to the community.

Thank you!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,933
    Ragequit for winning. Never seen that before.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,368 mod
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,587
    edited August 2015
    Not sure anyone looked at this thread, but... http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/72332054

Title is called "How do you nerf this move so it's not so abusable?"

That was me actually, hahah

EDIT: I meant I was the guy who dropped the Mike quote. Not the that guy from the PSN screencap. Image removed from quote for clarity.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,779
    "I just have a bug up my ass when it comes to the way people play cheaply and unfair. That shit ruins friendships and controllers" Anyone who would let a videogame come between their relationships with friends is a fucking loser who truly takes the game too seriously.
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    tenshin wrote: »
    Louiscipher aka Alexisdabomb or whatever his name is at it again...

What is this, the 8th RVN Alt account? It's another guy who just registered and has a Single White Female-type of obsession with me. And how is that ragequit? The guy ran a bad Dudley, he does SA3 I go to punish (it's highly punishable, but online is weird) and he mashed out because he didn't give a fuck and knows that online is weird and there's a chance he can get away with it. I beat him and leave. How is this a ragequit? Ragewin? Okay, I could see that. But ragequit? How dense must you be? I took the L, I ran it back and beat him legit and said fuck your gimmicks. How is this a ragequit?
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
    edited August 2015
    And now back to actual scrubquotes.

I love how this devolves into a childish "yes it is"/"no it isn't" argument at the end.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    tenshin wrote: »
    Louiscipher aka Alexisdabomb or whatever his name is at it again...

What is this, the 8th RVN Alt account? It's another guy who just registered and has a Single White Female-type of obsession with me. And how is that ragequit? The guy ran a bad Dudley, he does SA3 I go to punish (it's highly punishable, but online is weird) and he mashed out because he didn't give a fuck and knows that online is weird and there's a chance he can get away with it. I beat him and leave. How is this a ragequit? Ragewin? Okay, I could see that. But ragequit? How dense must you be? I took the L, I ran it back and beat him legit and said fuck your gimmicks. How is this a ragequit?

To the genius Alexis DaBomb, you can quit after a win too. Get scrubquoted.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Skullgirls is made for gods.
    Infinite%20scrub%201_zpsnma5zwnu.png
    Infinite%20scrub%202_zpsnwd3afjv.png
    Infinite%20scrub%203_zps6q1pz9ps.png

Assuming he's not making this up and he truly feels this way, I'd say he should have left the game a long time ago instead of writing those walls of text
    C'mon, don't just post the screencaps, find the posts. I can't link my vid this way. :(

...but resets are still considered infinite combos? That's a new one. And what, does he NOT want people to get good at a fighting game? We should feel bad for wanting/being good at it?

Maybe that's something I should add in. If a player wins, they still lose. This way no one feels bad.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,405
    C'mon, don't just post the screencaps, find the posts. I can't link my vid this way. :(

Do it!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/245170/discussions/0/535152511369033361/
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    edited August 2015

Oh, you've already been responding to that guy? I'll let you do the honors then.

https://youtu.be/V05tPjNNSPs

...that most recent response though:
    I'm not good at the game either, only played for a short time. But I don't go to forums whining and acting like tumblr feminists. I suck up and practice.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,405

Oh, you've already been responding to that guy? I'll let you do the honors then.

Done. And looks like I linked the wrong thread lol. The screencaps actually comes from this thread (this guy is ranting in both of them, so not much difference):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/245170/discussions/0/535152511379316453/
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,779
    edited August 2015

...but resets are still considered infinite combos? That's a new one. And what, does he NOT want people to get good at a fighting game? We should feel bad for wanting/being good at it?

Maybe that's something I should add in. If a player wins, they still lose. This way no one feels bad.

Winning consistently is being a tryhard that ruins the fun. so after 2 consecutive wins, that player automatically loses.

Also as for that guy complaining about Skullgirls. I don't understand these types. Are people suppose to not get good at the game? Are they suppose to sandbag and let you win? As for his retarded logic for how there are infinites and Skullgirls, he must've not played Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Lastly at the end their is a clear sign he should've been stopped playing. When it gets that personal for you, put the damn controller down and get a grip. Take a break or never play again all together because that was just embarrassing.

Edit. Click the link Zoroark provided. This guy said Skullgirls triggers feelings of suicide within him. I'm done.....
    Post edited by BB_Hoody on
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497

why not just give congratulatory points at the end of the match like "fist eater" so that way the loser can feel real good about getting punched in the face. like how in mario party people can still have a chance to win at the end of the game with bonus stars
    the more i see you add in mechanics to cater towards scrubs, the more it reminds me of a child growing up in a unstable household, lol.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel

Done. And looks like I linked the wrong thread lol. The screencaps actually comes from this thread (this guy is ranting in both of them, so not much difference):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/245170/discussions/0/535152511379316453/

Also, he contradicts himself here:
    Fighting games are impossible to play due to a small number of ridiculously good players that dominate every one of them

If it's just a small number of good players dominating, just don't play them. Play all the "non-ridiculously" good, average and bad players and have fun.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Winning consistently is being a tryhard that ruins the fun. so after 2 consecutive wins, that player automatically loses.

Now all I can think of is what you said a while back when I first mentioned this kind of mode:
    Sounds like the perfect fighting game for this "everybody gets a trophy for participating" and "Don't excell too much cuz you'll make others feel bad" bitch made generation.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• HyenaboyHyenaboy Joined: Posts: 77
    I can understand how that guy feels because a lot of times that game can feel like Setplay: The Experience and learning all the mixups and when to block is difficult and takes a long time to see everything and be able to react to it. I spent some time trying to copy Sonic Fox's gameplay until I realized that getting good at the game like that wasn't rewarding enough for me and so I moved on. I guess I'm getting old. They need to move a new ArkSys game to the PC.

Anyway, this may not necessarily be scrubquotes, but the amount of salt in this video could power the whole west coast, if the west coast had generators that ran on salt.

• UcchedavādaUcchedavāda Joined: Posts: 16
    Also, he contradicts himself here:
    Fighting games are impossible to play due to a small number of ridiculously good players that dominate every one of them

If it's just a small number of good players dominating, just don't play them. Play all the "non-ridiculously" good, average and bad players and have fun.

That guy seems to spend more time complaining about other players than he does actually playing the game. If you examine his post-history, it's nothing but a stream of complaints over a period of about two years. He even tried joining various SFIV newbie groups at one point, but since his behavior is the same everywhere, they couldn't stand him either:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/535150948601772764/

Keep in mind that he has "learned to play a couple characters extremely well", he knows "all their moves, and can excute them all flawlessly": http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qmhba

Most recently, he has been accusing LiangHuBBB of getting "as many people to avoid SF V as possible":
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/521643320355008504/
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Scrubbery is universal

Also fun to see scrubquotes from outside fighting games.

That second one though. We getting scrubquotes from Rocket League now?!?

Yep. Apparently despite the game being pretty simple to pick up and play there are players who have developed and mastered skills and tricks that has produced a higher level of play. Which of course is bound to happen in anything involving direct competition with people. So because of this there's a lot of rage quitting to the point that it's interfering with matches. I wonder if Rising Thunder will have the same issue despite being easy to pick up and play.
    Rising Thunder already has ragequitters. As a Chel player, I should know.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,002 mod
    snip

Wait a minute, wtf is he playing that has moves happening in less of a frame? Only game I know that really has 0 frame set up is Garou.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    Sounds like Skullgirls whining again.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data