Scrubquotes is back!

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,001 mod
    Pertho wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    snip

Wait a minute, wtf is he playing that has moves happening in less of a frame? Only game I know that really has 0 frame set up is Garou.
    You expect a scrub to do proper math?
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    KOF command grabs are 1-frame, universal feel like 3 or less.
    I am the one true frog.
    That's still 16.67ms, not .1ms.
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    Naeras wrote: »
    snip

It would help if these dudes could separate people playing dirty in sports from legitimate strategies. 99% of the time they're bitching at legitimate strategies. It isn't like they're dealing with CE BIson so I don't wanna hear it.
    Well, that happens in every game. If you try to win, especially if you're doing it with a strategy the guy you're playing against dislikes, you're a dishonorable tryhard. Even in chess: if you don't do suicide attacks, you'll be criticized for "boring" play. Bleh.

Semi-related anecdote time: I remember a round of Company of Heroes I played back when I was still playing that game. My opponent picked the faction that's the CoH-equivalent of El Fuerte, in that it feels like a faction from another game drunkenly pasted into CoH without any thought for how it would actually function. And, of course, the only proper answer to this is to build up a huge blob of pioneers (builder units), buff them up, give them flamethrowers, and right click vaguely in the direction of his base, as a more conventional build is heavily disadvantaged. Uninteresting as hell for both sides, especially for a game that in other matchups is about map control and subtle positioning more than anything else.

So, a guy started the match with "gl hf, plz don't spam pioneers", and ragequitted two minutes later when he saw I had built more than two of them. <_<

I remember I was playing COH Eastern Front and this dude had the audacity to tell me that since I used things like a smart build order and proper troop movement that my "SOVIET ZERG RUSH TACTICS WERE CHEAP". Its like you can't win when you fuck with Uncle Joe, every win is because "lol Soviet Zerg rush" to these people.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,986
    Rising Thunder already has ragequitters. As a Chel player, I should know.

Every game will have rage quitters but is it sever? Almost to the level of it being a common occurrence as seen in Rocket League?
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,429

I remember I was playing COH Eastern Front and this dude had the audacity to tell me that since I used things like a smart build order and proper troop movement that my "SOVIET ZERG RUSH TACTICS WERE CHEAP". Its like you can't win when you fuck with Uncle Joe, every win is because "lol Soviet Zerg rush" to these people.
    Oh lol, I just remembered a game with someone crying "ALL YOU DO IS SPAM RIFLES AND FLANK NO SKILL NOOB" when I killed his unprotected MG42 and stole it. This happened before my third unit hit the field. <3

Man, I miss that game now. Greatest RTS ever made imo. Apparently it's not even dead either, though I'm not sure if tournaments are still being run.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,160 mod
    Aren't Zerg Rushes risky as all fuck though? IIRC the early game zerg rushes would leave your economy butt blasted because they were a huge investment. Obviously scrubs aren't going to look at the big picture.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Aren't Zerg Rushes risky as all fuck though? IIRC the early game zerg rushes would leave your economy butt blasted because they were a huge investment. Obviously scrubs aren't going to look at the big picture.

So Zerg rushes were the equivalent of DP on your opponent's wakeup?
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    That's still 16.67ms, not .1ms.

In response to Pertho about the "0-frame" comment. Unless I'm misinterpreting that and Garou has some weird shenanigans.
    I am the one true frog.

In response to Pertho about the "0-frame" comment. Unless I'm misinterpreting that and Garou has some weird shenanigans.

Its a Gato set up that Nocturnal had posted. I'll dig it up later. But yeah, it was weird shenanigans.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330

Its a Gato set up that Nocturnal had posted. I'll dig it up later. But yeah, it was weird shenanigans.

There are tons of 0 frame setups in Garou, not just Gato.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,429
    In Blizzard RTSes, doing a zerg/scourge all in is.. well, an all in. Either you kill your opponent with the initial attack (or completely cripple their economy), or you're dead. It's done at a tournament level to punish people going for slow builds, and in ladder by people who thoroughly dislike actually macroing.

Nothing in CoH was equivalent to that though: it simply wasn't possible. Since everyone started out with base defenses, everyone had a fairly static income of the primary resource regardless of what they did, and the usual win-condition of the game was to control key points on the map rather than destroying bases (infantry didn't damage buildings either, by the way), it didn't work and there was no point in even trying. You'd just waste resources.
    bypostman wrote: »
    So Zerg rushes were the equivalent of DP on your opponent's wakeup?
    Not quite. It's more like starting the round by jumping at a character that has an AA that can be converted into an infinite combo. =V
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,339
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    also lol

{video of MK ass beatings]

How in all of hell can you see someone's combo's by also watching the stream of the person's ass you're beating?
    Real life is always stranger and more stupid than fiction.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    This video really teaches you to learn how to tech throws...damn... People always they get me with these online
    "That's why I don't play with viewers, cuz they can see my stream! It's cheating! It's called stream sniping!"....except that there's a Twitch stream delay of about 15 seconds and it's still about 5 or so second if you enable the "Decrease delay" option in your profile (as a streamer)

"He can see my moves, he can see my life, he can see my bars!" what are you supposed to do? Disable the HUD? LMAO

Also that Sub-Zero costume looks neat

SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    as if it was so difficult to get a hit in Street Fighter
    too slow!
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    The only thing that I've had close to as impressive as that was the dude who sent me hatemail after he beat me. He was legitimately mad that he had to work for it.

I've had the same happen to me in USFIV and COD Black Ops 2. It's weird. Like I guess some players just get off on stomping on people, and just get pissed when someone actually fights back instead of just taking the ass whuppin. Like they're legit good players, but just can't stand it when players I guess they deem as inferior try to put up a fight.

For example. I was playing domination in COD the other day. Enemy team was a organized unit. They were doing call outs, holding down choke points, traveling in pairs of two etc. Then they began calling in their streaks and what not just rolling on us. But me being stubborn I started shooting down their loadstars, pre firing around corners when they had a Vsat and using EMP grenades. Then I hear them on the Killcam "Oh wow look at this raccoon guy, trying so hard. Like you lost kid stop trying so hard". Then I managed to kill one of them while they had a vsat up by pre firing around the corner. I got a buzzkill medal and it turns out I killed him one shy of his Swarm and he raged so hard "WOOOOOOW! Fucking garbage ass noob just shooting around the fucking corner! Killed me one off my swarm! Like you're not good raccoon! Stop trying so hard! Fuck outta here!"

Then after the game they began to shit talking me. And all I could say was "Why ya so mad? Ya won, ya got so many kills, etc. The fuck are ya mad about???" And the general response from them is "We stomped ya but you had to be the only one still trying so hard to do something, one off my swarm an you pre firing around corners just to spoil my good game. You lost but you couldn't just accept that. No you gotta spoil my streak. You're like a noob in Street Fighter who's getting bodied but tries so hard to get a hit in just so you can say at least I didn't get perfected. Get On my Level"

You know, I was in a similar situation on another FPS I used to play the hell out of a few years back (Halo: Reach). But in this particular case, it was a Team Deathmatch... and the team I wound up getting thrown with just upped and bailed on me, one by one. However, I sucked it up best I could and fought on till the end. The group of guys I was playing against must've been either partied up or something, but they commended me for fighting it out (and still getting some funny kills. Wound up having to go Metal Gear on them a few times, cause 5 vs 1... lol).
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

BB_Hoody wrote: »
    The only thing that I've had close to as impressive as that was the dude who sent me hatemail after he beat me. He was legitimately mad that he had to work for it.

I've had the same happen to me in USFIV and COD Black Ops 2. It's weird. Like I guess some players just get off on stomping on people, and just get pissed when someone actually fights back instead of just taking the ass whuppin. Like they're legit good players, but just can't stand it when players I guess they deem as inferior try to put up a fight.

For example. I was playing domination in COD the other day. Enemy team was a organized unit. They were doing call outs, holding down choke points, traveling in pairs of two etc. Then they began calling in their streaks and what not just rolling on us. But me being stubborn I started shooting down their loadstars, pre firing around corners when they had a Vsat and using EMP grenades. Then I hear them on the Killcam "Oh wow look at this raccoon guy, trying so hard. Like you lost kid stop trying so hard". Then I managed to kill one of them while they had a vsat up by pre firing around the corner. I got a buzzkill medal and it turns out I killed him one shy of his Swarm and he raged so hard "WOOOOOOW! Fucking garbage ass noob just shooting around the fucking corner! Killed me one off my swarm! Like you're not good raccoon! Stop trying so hard! Fuck outta here!"

Then after the game they began to shit talking me. And all I could say was "Why ya so mad? Ya won, ya got so many kills, etc. The fuck are ya mad about???" And the general response from them is "We stomped ya but you had to be the only one still trying so hard to do something, one off my swarm an you pre firing around corners just to spoil my good game. You lost but you couldn't just accept that. No you gotta spoil my streak. You're like a noob in Street Fighter who's getting bodied but tries so hard to get a hit in just so you can say at least I didn't get perfected. Get On my Level"

What losers lol

You know if they lost they'd be the first one throwing scrubquotes around
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,252
    It would be tragically funny to see how he would "fix" fighting games then.
    Whatever strange idea he has for fighting games could turn out like this:

... Or worse.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• VirtuaKazamaVirtuaKazama Mayor of Virtua City Joined: Posts: 47
    Before I post a scrubquote, does anyone have a problem with Kara throws in Street Fighter?
    "Frame data, people! Do you read it?!"
    Before I post a scrubquote, does anyone have a problem with Kara throws in Street Fighter?

Why would those here take issue with Kara throws?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

• VirtuaKazamaVirtuaKazama Mayor of Virtua City Joined: Posts: 47

I heard they were removed in the latest build in Street Fighter V. And there were some other changes that people were crying about, such as Nash being nerfed and shit.

People in EH are like crying over there.
    "Frame data, people! Do you read it?!"

I heard they were removed in the latest build in Street Fighter V. And there were some other changes that people were crying about, such as Nash being nerfed and shit.

People in EH are like crying over there.
    Last we checked, only specific kara throws were removed, such as Chun Li's f+mp kara throw which gave her really amazing throw range.
    Last we checked, only specific kara throws were removed, such as Chun Li's f+mp kara throw which gave her really amazing throw range.

They paved paradise and put on a parking lot.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

NVM, it seems that alot more kara-throws were taken out in the latest build (here's hoping Cammy's cr.mk kara throw is still in).
    Goodbye, Ken's godlike Kara Throw
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,168
    The Low Tier Fraud ones are old. It says that message was received March of last year, and Low Ti3r G0d 3 is only his 3rd or 4th account (he's on Low Ti3r G0d 5 now).
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    snip

That's one of my local dudes. His ryu is hella good too.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    Graymalkin wrote: »
    I've often wondered, with the rise of 'tryhard' as an insult, when exactly it was that 'trying hard' became a bad thing...

Back when I played competitive Dota, "tryhard" was a term used to describe those who just mindlessly copied the pros without an understanding of why it worked and this had the tactics blow up in their face. Someone trying hard to make people think they were good; kind of like people who just netdeck in Magic.

Sadly, line any good term it has undergone such critique drift as to be useless now.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,661
    TIL Quake is shitty.
    Muttonman wrote: »
    kind of like people who just netdeck in Magic.

If you are competitive in magic, you have to netdeck just to test. But there are people hopping on bandwagons and not knowing how to play the decks. But why am I gonna complain about dudes being free?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    Muttonman wrote: »
    kind of like people who just netdeck in Magic.

If you are competitive in magic, you have to netdeck just to test. But there are people hopping on bandwagons and not knowing how to play the decks. But why am I gonna complain about dudes being free?
    Same reason you'd call someone you whooped who did constant wake up DPs a scrub; it's trash talk. Calling someone who beat you a tryhard is just pitiful