Scrubquotes is back!

Comments

• d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 23,973 mod
    Worlds biggest GameFAQs scrub (aka Degalon) on FSD complaining about Force Techs (basically DOA5's version of SFIV Vortex).
    http://freestepdodge.com/threads/what-was-the-point-of-force-techs-exactly.2342/
    As it is right now, the only point seems to be making "kick them while they are down" a viable strategy.

So there's no wakeup, and you can't counter when you are on the ground anymore, so now its just people kicking their opponent when they are on the ground and magically forcing them to get up, whether the opponent wants to or not.

So again I ask...what was the grand master plan behind that exactly? Beyond just "take control away from the would be defender"?
    So the point is ACTUALLY to eliminate the possibility of recovering from being attacked? The hell?!
    Well it's certainly no fun when they can't fight back, which is why I can't understand why anyone would ever want to do that. I literally NEVER do force tech for that reason: it's no fun.

Also, my original assessment still stands that its an idiotic mechanic that does nothing but act as a kid mode cop-out by taking away the defending players ability to..youknow...recover and defend. I was hoping there was a different reason for it, but apparently not.

Also, i'm not attacking you...I just REALLY hate this mechanic for being essentially the ground version of a juggle, so I hate it for the same reason I hate juggles: it takes the "fight" out of "fighting game", since there's apparently nothing you can do about it.
    I understand that, but my argument is this: Why do they need to be able to keep their momentum going after knocking the opponent down? They already beat them into the ground. It's just excessive to be able to keep momentum after that.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭
    still doesnt beat page 68 but a good try nonetheless
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
    "Internet tough guy" on page 69 was still the best though.

-KR|PromilKid

"Internet tough guy" on page 69 was still the best though.
    yeah it was 69 i was thinking of. my bad. agree with u tho
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worlds biggest GameFAQs scrub (aka Degalon) on FSD complaining about Force Techs (basically DOA5's version of SFIV Vortex).
    http://freestepdodge.com/threads/what-was-the-point-of-force-techs-exactly.2342/

Should give Blazeincarnated an honorable mention. lol at force tech abuse not being honorable.
    Should give Blazeincarnated an honorable mention. lol at force tech abuse not being honorable.
    You mean this one?
    At least let the muthafucka get up! It just doesnt sound honorable, but maybe thats just me..

-KR|PromilKid

• SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    I'm gonna pull a Hetacom and just laugh.

HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoutouts to that idiot at FSD saying a knife is no more of an advantage in a fight than long nails and using a knife isn't a "gamebreaking" advantage. We should just give MMA fighters knives. It's not broken, it's just an additional hazard!
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoutouts to that idiot at FSD saying a knife is no more of an advantage in a fight than long nails and using a knife isn't a "gamebreaking" advantage. We should just give MMA fighters knives. It's not broken, it's just an additional hazard!
    I don't get the context for this.
    None of us do, that's part of why it's so goddamn facepalm worthy.

-KR|PromilKid

• toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens in Brazil often.
    Vale tudo fights with knives are not uncommon at all.

Then again it's Brazil...

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    I'm going to save myself the trouble of having to copypasta and just say that just about every single commment by xes/windsagio from this article belongs here.

-KR|PromilKid

• yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 145
    I'm going to save myself the trouble of having to copypasta and just say that just about every single commment by xes/windsagio from this article belongs here.

I got brain damage from reading that.
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; GUYS THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS Joined: Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't really find Windsagio's comments "scrubby", really. It's just another point of view. Both sides made good points, IMO.
    UMvC3: M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante, Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    Someone fucking remind me when it's 8/14
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that Xes and Windsagi died, to bad to hear that is not the case >:(
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero I will play Mai game. Joined: Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭
    As I write this sentence I've been waiting 3 minutes for a Ranked match to start. I bought TTT2 about a week after it came out and I think Namco has done a horrible job with it's online features. It takes several minutes for a match to be found online with both connectivity and ranking set at NO RESTRICTIONS. This includes the weekends. When I do find matches quickly it's usually with people with connections in the 1 and 0.

Also I don't care what anybody says TTT2's tag assualt is an abuseable mess. The fact that there are no restrictions to how many times you can bounce an opponent and use it shows Namco did absolutely nothing to create a system that takes skill for vets to master, yet stills gives beginners a chance to fight back. Not to mention evasion is pointless as it seems like the opponent follows you with every attack even with properly timed sidestepping and ground evasion. If you get launched by some of these players get ready to sit and watch as you get juggled to death against a wall where you can't roll far enough to evade low attacks.

To make sure I wasn't going crazy I fired up Virtua Fighter 5 Final as a comparison. Finding a ranked match happened in less than 30 seconds, hiccups in synching hardly happened, and I was easily able to diffuse new users who stuck with the same tricks and combos over and over again. Also evasion works. You can't get constantly kicked to death before reaching your feet as VF5 only allows 1 or 2 hits to a down opponent.

Anyway enough ranting. To any who have extensively could you please answer two questions for me?

Is it a long wait finding online matches? TTT2 often takes several minutes to find an opponent.

Are new features like the Power Blow highly abused online? TTT2 Tag Assault takes no skill and has been creating a wave of launch to bound to tag assualt spammers online.

All opinions are welcome. I'd prefer those who have played both as they may understand my frustration with Tekken. Thanks in advance!

Source? Take a wild guess: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5/64241634
    https://twitter.com/Great_Dark_Hero http://ask.fm/Great_Dark_Hero
    [KOFXIII]: Mai] / Hwa / Takuma
    [TTT2]: Armor King / Jaycee
    [DOA5U]: Mila [Subs]: Helena, Pai
    If you're learning about KOFXIII, please click on my FAQS here
    If you're learning how to play Mai Shiranui (or the Mai match up) on KOFXIII, start here

• Rabbit360Rabbit360 keyboard warrior Joined: Posts: 255
    3 minutes is a long time?
    I've hosted player matches in GGAC+ for up to half an hour before someone joined (and then we usually play an hour long set).
    You can only find a match if there is someone else online to play against...
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy gets pissed waiting 3 minutes? I waited upwards of 45 minutes to find a Skullgirls match. He a lightweight
    The fact that he starts complaining about juggle combos and other game mechanics of both DOA5 and TTT2 doesn't help -
    On a second note...there has been a large influx of people making scrubby complaints and "articles" about the use of juggle combos or fundamental game play aspects lately.
    If you're learning how to play Mai Shiranui (or the Mai match up) on KOFXIII, start here

Funny that he wants to switch to DOA5 which has Sarah, who is not only safe in just about everything she does (thank you Sega for not letting TN touch the VF characters frame data) but can juggle you for days of single hits without having to play the stun game (i.e. can't counter her out of crit stun). Then there's the game's own version of SFIV style vortex with Force Techs which severely limit your options on knockdown. Sure you're knocked down, out of a combo, but unless you hold block, you're going to eat another one (and even if you do, your opponent is safe).

-KR|PromilKid

Um.. obviously everyone knows that.. why ask a dumb question? Hes a cheap character.. simple as that, and so as his cheap grab chains that the fact they make things inconvenient to escape them. Even though you can escape them but who wants to go through grab chain spammers all the time. Hes hella annoying. Nasty crusty ass masked Mexican peace of shit. (Sorry I really don't like him).

Source:

Self explanatory. Made even funnier by the fact that other characters have a load of chain grabs too... like Anna, who is in the said video. Then again, this is to be expected in youtube commentary.

• MrBGuyMrBGuy #yolo Joined: Posts: 459 ✭✭✭
    I explained this already, maybe if you read it slower this time...

Winning is not fun, competition is fun. Think about watching your favorite sports team. (sports are athletic contests that take place out doors, imagine Madden but in real life) Is it more fun to watch them play an inferior opponent and win huge... or play the best team to the wire (win or lose)? It's obvious to anyone who is honest with themselves. Same goes for video games, I have more fun losing a close match than I do destroying a noob. If you truly found winning to be fun and losing to not be, that is kinda strange. If winning a stupid video game is so important to you, you have to ask yourself who the real loser is. You might want to put the controller down and go outside.
    -__-
    UMvC3 Main: Dante / Morrigan / Strider
    The Original Squad: Wesker / Deadpool / Arthur
    Experiment team: Zero / Morrigan / Doom
    Injustice: Batman; Batgirl
    SFxT: Hei/King
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; GUYS THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS Joined: Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not really that scrubby, it's mostly just misinformation about a character (I think, I don't know much about Tekken) and extreme immaturity.
    EDIT:
    -__-
    This, however, is a pretty good example.
    UMvC3: M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante, Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    It is quite scrubby when the said throws can be punished by simple hop kicks or crouching/low hitting moves outside of throw teching, sense most throws require the opponent to be standing (while some specifically are meant to throw opponent while they are in mid-air, lying down, or crouching and there aren't too many of those) - It's his own fault if he keeps falling for them. Then again he can always KBD away from them if he see's them ready to go for chain throws. Most chain throws lead to huge damage or multiple set ups, that which King is known for among other things.

• rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -__-

Ah yes, I see he has followed the classic path of the ancient scrub scholars, and by the time of the final sentence he spoke spectacularly of scrubby rule number one: if one enjoys winning at video games, they are indeed the real loser.

However, he also did overlook one very large negative to his previously stated argument: that somehow, in fact, athletic events that are "blowouts" are not enjoyable!

To that, I would thusly argue... it depends on whether it is your team doing the "blowing out".
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is quite scrubby when the said throws can be punished by simple hop kicks or crouching/low hitting moves outside of throw teching, sense most throws require the opponent to be standing (while some specifically are meant to throw opponent while they are in mid-air, lying down, or crouching and there aren't too many of those) - It's his own fault if he keeps falling for them. Then again he can always KBD away from them if he see's them ready to go for chain throws. Most chain throws lead to huge damage or multiple set ups, that which King is known for among other things.

Hell, its not like they're unbreakable. Back in the day I just browsed the guide and figured out which throw King would likely go for and mash that break. :-p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    Of course blowouts aren't fun, the SF25 Winner's and Grand Finals were garbage to watch!

...Wait...
    KOF XIII: Kula/Iori/Kim
    SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WFF-AirLancer
    If you're in the NYC area and want to play some KOF XIII, hit me up!
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny that he wants to switch to DOA5 which has Sarah, who is not only safe in just about everything she does (thank you Sega for not letting TN touch the VF characters frame data) but can juggle you for days of single hits without having to play the stun game (i.e. can't counter her out of crit stun). Then there's the game's own version of SFIV style vortex with Force Techs which severely limit your options on knockdown. Sure you're knocked down, out of a combo, but unless you hold block, you're going to eat another one (and even if you do, your opponent is safe).
    Did they really just slap in the VF5 characters without messing with anything?
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    Did they really just slap in the VF5 characters without messing with anything?
    I don't know exactly what the conditions were, but I know that TN is subject to certain limits when tweaking the VF characters.

-KR|PromilKid

• Ufinna-git-karate'dUfinna-git-karate'd Are you okay? Joined: Posts: 360
    I think this is my new favorite thread.
    Where does Squall keep his Gunblade when he isn't using it????
    I don't know exactly what the conditions were, but I know that TN is subject to certain limits when tweaking the VF characters.
    "They cannot be below top tier".
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I followed none of DOA5 so are you being serious?
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
    Last I checked, that only really applied to Sarah. Not sure about Akira, but opinion right now seems to say that Pai is low.

-KR|PromilKid

I followed none of DOA5 so are you being serious?
    I only played Doa 2 and 3 so I dunno.
    It is quite scrubby when the said throws can be punished by simple hop kicks or crouching/low hitting moves outside of throw teching, sense most throws require the opponent to be standing (while some specifically are meant to throw opponent while they are in mid-air, lying down, or crouching and there aren't too many of those) - It's his own fault if he keeps falling for them.
    Like I said, misinformation coupled with immaturity and maybe a bit of stupidity, not scrubbiness.
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King is a fucking bronze god and I will fistfight every motherfucker who says otherwise.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    Damn, I didn't know they still used chain grabs in Tekken.

Don't quote me.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    Like I said, misinformation coupled with immaturity and maybe a bit of stupidity, not scrubbiness.
    So complaining about characters whose game plan actually revolves around grappling and chain throws is not scrubby...? Especially sense there are more than a few characters with the said grabs, the fact there are so many methods of dealing with them, and that there are no rules against using them? If the opponent does not throw tech or punish on a consistent basis (which that poster clearly doesn't), why would they stop on their opponents behalf unless they do know how to deal with them effectively?

So complaining about characters whose game plan actually revolves around grappling and chain throws is not scrubby...? Especially sense there are more than a few characters with the said grabs, the fact there are so many methods of dealing with them, and that there are no rules against using them? If the opponent does not throw tech or punish on a consistent basis (which that poster clearly doesn't), why would they stop on their opponents behalf unless they do know how to deal with them effectively?
    Complaining in itself is not scrubby. Neither is calling something "cheap". What he's saying is stupid not because it's scrubby but because he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. He's not saying anything like "I'm blocking, I shouldn't have deal with this!" or "Ban chain throws!" Ignorance and scrubbiness are not necessarily the same thing.

That's like saying "Ryu spamming fireballs is cheap" is a scrubby statement, when it really is just plain wrong.
    Complaining in itself is not scrubby.

But, but making weird complaints about an important or fundamental game aspect like a throw or even a chain grab is, especially at this day and age. Dealing with throws in a game such as TTT2 is not even that complicated. If the player has a problem with a match up or a specific move then he should learn how to address it or even ask for help.

If the player has a problem with a match up or a specific move then he should learn how to address it or even ask for help.
    Yes, they should. But I still think you're being too quick to call out someone for being a scrub. Is the comment stupid? Yes. Is the guy being really immature? Yep. It stops just short of being scrubby, I feel.

But I digress. I think we've been talking about this for too long, so whatever.
    That's like saying "Ryu spamming fireballs is cheap" is a scrubby statement, when it really is just plain wrong.
    Uhh... isn't that the epitome of a scrubby statement?

-KR|PromilKid

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it's not scrubby until you tell people to stop doing it because there's no honor in it and everyone who uses fireballs is a poopy doo doo head.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    [Shurgs] I think it stops just short, but it doesn't really matter. It's a stupid enough claim, so whatever.
    [Shurgs] I think it stops just short, but it doesn't really matter. It's a stupid enough claim, so whatever.
    IMO, using the term "cheap" is enough since it applies a heavily loaded negative connotation to whatever it's applied to

-KR|PromilKid

now back to r regularly scheduled programming
    IMO, using the term "cheap" is enough since it applies a heavily loaded negative connotation to whatever it's applied to
    Probably, maybe it's because I call things "cheap" almost respectfully, lol.
  • Black Belt JonesBlack Belt Jones Man, you come right out of a comic book! Joined: Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    King is a fucking bronze god and I will fistfight every motherfucker who says otherwise.
    You are my new favorite poster.
    You have just now read my post in the voice of Jim Kelly. If not, no big deal. I'm too busy looking GOOD.
  • Black Belt JonesBlack Belt Jones Man, you come right out of a comic book! Joined: Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Prepare for some new stuff.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637241-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65300254

Degalon is now picking up Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Start placing your bets.
    You have just now read my post in the voice of Jim Kelly. If not, no big deal. I'm too busy looking GOOD.
  • SharakontaSharakonta I don't need these to see through your lies! Joined: Posts: 4,302
    Prepare for some new stuff.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637241-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65300254

Degalon is now picking up Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Start placing your bets.
    This is gonna be good

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    Deal with it Courtesy of Chungri
    PSN only *for now* Sharakonta
    BB: Hazama GG: Sol/HOS/Ky UMvC: Learning Zero/Dante/Strider P4U: Labrys