Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick PRO - Official Thread

SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-TierJoined: Posts: 1,339
The FightStick PRO (Street Fighter X Tekken) limited edition has been announced and is now up for pre-order.

Street Fighter X Tekken - Arcade FightStick PRO

Limited to 1000 total, for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Details here:

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=414

SXT88381.jpg

SXT88381.01.jpg

SXT88381.02.jpg

SXT88381.03.jpg

SXT88381.05.jpg

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/6/7/e3-new-street-fighter-x-tekken-arcade-stick-prototype-from-m.html

Weird seeing the turbo on the right. I wonder if this is with Sanwa parts ala a TE or another stick with the new and improved MadKatz stock parts.

Neat to see regardless!
XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget
·

Comments

• RoboKrikitRoboKrikit nuclear Joined: Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    more pics
    ·
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭
    Markman......

Got any thing that can be said?
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    hmmm...the area for the art looks smaller...i don't like that...
    ·
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Looks TE-sized, but (FINALLY!) not totally flat.
    Reminds me a little of a Qanba.
    Art's pretty good too.
    Me like.
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
    ·
  • sehaittsehaitt Asshole Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 11
    they letterbox'd the TE
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    ya, it's alot narrower but longer...on a regular TE you could fit another row of buttons on top of the existing buttons...this one is alot smaller...as an art template maker, my job just got harder...lol..
    ·
    FightStick PRO. Looks like it has Sanwa parts like the TE. Bevel in front like the SE, but no art on the curve, so it should be easier to replace.

oDMBml.jpg

WGomKl.jpg

Whoa, what is that? Check out the underbelly.

7Dktql.jpg

Edit: FYI, these aren't my pics, just gathered these from tweets and whatnot.
    ·
  • DezikDezik Too legit to rage quit Joined: Posts: 63
    It'd be really cool if it just separated into two parts to open it. Would be a lot easier to mod that way.
    ·
  • OGHowieOGHowie Joined: Posts: 288
    Looks kinda cheap and I'm not feeling the red color.

Just give me a AE TE stick!
    ·
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Would be awesome if there was a plexi panel and the art was as easily swapped as the buttons.

Can't wait to hear what Markman says about this model.

·
  • Mad MistressMad Mistress Seimei wannabe Joined: Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
    All the space n the left of the stick, wtf?

I really don't like the look of this, but I have two joysticks I DO like so whatever.
    Waifus: Litchi, Lambda-11, Mu-12, Shizuka, Ende, Yukiko, Chie, Saki, Dorothy, Lilica, Leona, King, Angel, Akira, Natsu, Hibiki, Kojiroh.
    Hazubandos: Akuma, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Donovan, Gallon, Genjuro, Basara, Dio, Bison.
    Harems: Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel, Murica/Viper/Hulk, Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Akuma, Beatrice/Virgilia, Rosa/Virgilia.
    Dat gamez: KOF98/2K2UM/13, SamSho4, SFA2/3, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Jojos BA, GG, AH3, P4A, MVC2/UMVC3, BB, Ougon, Skullgirls, Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen, Phantom Breaker Extra.
    ·
  • FunkyPFunkyP Chicks with Guns Joined: Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭
    Madcatz going backwards in design here. Returning to their shitty cheap plastic roots.
    ·
  • fokkusuhaundofokkusuhaundo true bubble struggle Joined: Posts: 695
    No bolts from the top means that it will probably be as difficult to mod the art as the SE stick and HRAP V3/VX.

And I don't see any more space on the left side than I do on a TE-S or any TE with a full plexi.
    youはshock!
    PSN: nxsr
    ·
  • KynrrKynrr Joined: Posts: 26
    I don't like the design and the red does make it look rather cheap and light for some reason.
    ·
  • zeeteszeetes I <3 Namco Joined: Posts: 1,060
    i just don't see the point in that wasted space next to the stick. i don't like the slanted design. i'd prefer a large flat surface under the buttons to rest my palms. i don't like feeling any kind of edges, which is why on my TEs i have the plexis without middle screws.
    ·
  • DezikDezik Too legit to rage quit Joined: Posts: 63
    Madcatz going backwards in design here. Returning to their shitty cheap plastic roots.
    Everything looks cheap when taken with a grainy, cellphone camera. We should hold judgement till we see some high resolution pictures.
    ·
  • AmishOpiateAmishOpiate Mega Slowbro. Joined: Posts: 1,650 ✭✭
    It's hard to tell from just pictures, but it looks a little clunky. It looks like a stick inspired by a sneaker, not a fighting game =) <3 Markman.
    "I'm sorry and I do understand your frustration."
    --Christian Svensson

·
  • fokkusuhaundofokkusuhaundo true bubble struggle Joined: Posts: 695
    i just don't see the point in that wasted space next to the stick. i don't like the slanted design. i'd prefer a large flat surface under the buttons to rest my palms. i don't like feeling any kind of edges, which is why on my TEs i have the plexis without middle screws.
    The space on the left side of the stick makes sense when you place your left hand on the stick and your right hand over the 6 main buttons and see that each of your hands is of equal distance away from the edge, unless of course you use the straight 6 rightmost buttons.

The slant is obviously there to make the stick closer in feel to the Vewlix cabinet control panels, much like what Hori did with their V3/VX SA sticks.
    youはshock!
    PSN: nxsr
    ·
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭
    There are some people that hold the stick in a way where it falls off the left edge if there isn't 5 inches to the left of it.

If you look at this pic, the way that these guys hold it, they need that extra hand space. If that space wasn't there the palm would fall over the corner if it was like a EX2 or Agetec.
    WGomKl.jpg
    ·
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,339
    As long as those cases are EASY to disassemble to paint over the red, it'll be fine.

I'm more curious to see what is underneath and this new bottom.

·
    Y'all are being tricked by the long horizontal panel, like a guy looking skinnier in a vertical striped shirt. The actual left side distance doesn't really look any longer than a regular Mad Catz TE or Hori VX. One of my pet peeves with custom sticks is when someone underestimates the space needed for the left hand, and focuses more on making the parts look balanced on the control panel. What's important is that the hands rest near the center; the left side is equally as long as the right side needs to be to accommodate all of the buttons.
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,873 mod
    FightStick PRO. Looks like it has Sanwa parts like the TE. Bevel in front like the SE, but no art on the curve, so it should be easier to replace.

http://i.imgur.com/oDMBml.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WGomKl.jpg

Whoa, what is that? Check out the underbelly.

http://i.imgur.com/7Dktql.jpg
    Yo Robo, mind if I post these on my site?
    ·
  • tekkenshu7tekkenshu7 Joined: Posts: 88
    I can just feel these will be overpriced by the time they sell it here in the Philippines
    俺の勝ちだ~!
    ·
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the moved the guide area to the right.
    I am debating adding this to the "what stick to buy" guide since this is more of a collectors item which I am trying to avoid on the guide.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    ·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    Ehhh I'm not too impressed. I'd like a stick where I can have a larger more defined artwork than a congested space like in those pics. Overall TE is the best arcade stick I have ever seen yet.
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
  • EvelgestEvelgest set the lab on fire. Joined: Posts: 1,383
    Sleek design, but I wish the slope was sharper to give more space under the buttons. Definitely reminds me of the Qanba Q3 and Q4RAF.

If you don't like it, then you'd better get a TE as soon as possible if you don't have one already.
    Balrog. Makoto. Dekappa.

OH UMEHARA-SAMA
    TEACH ME GUILE-SAN ARIGATO
    ~ mzenken
    ·
  • L Marticio LL Marticio L blowin it up Joined: Posts: 503
    This stick is lookin hot. Doubt the red portion of the stick is anything less than the plastic used on the TE sticks.

If the white, bumpy underbelly is apart of the stick I hope it snugs well when placed on the lap. Like grip material.

It's definitely a purchase in my book. I'm sure there will be variety in color.
    [HTML]www.teamhazmataz.com[/HTML]
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,767 mod
    The sign says "Authentic Japanese-style Sanwa Denshi joystick." In other photos it says "and buttons" but it's blurry.

Look at the second bullet point.

oDMBml.jpg
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • stubburnstubburn Joined: Posts: 15
    New stick looks great....I'd like to see more clearly the sides of the stick and back, are the start/select buttons in the same spot as well? seems like they're creating less surface area on the sides to make lifting the TE easier, or maybe i'm full of it and it's just for aesthetics.
    ·
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,144 mod
    I'm tweeting about this stick every now and then... If you guys are interested. I can't make an official post yet.
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
    ·
  • buzzking00buzzking00 SUPER MEMBER Joined: Posts: 115
    sticks have a cool design in the bottom O_O
    ·
    I'm tweeting about this stick every now and then... If you guys are interested. I can't make an official post yet.
    I believe what most of us would like to know is if the design is final, or if it can still change between now and the release of the game (and if community feedback will be taken into consideration).
    ·
    The design is not final. This was just a stick we had to show for this event (E3).
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

·
    The design is not final. This was just a stick we had to show for this event (E3).
    Awesome. Am now excited to see how the final product shapes up.

EDIT:
    And if we'll see a proper Asian market release for it this time.
    ·
  • Zombie4uZombie4u Member Joined: Posts: 108
    Well if there is room for suggestions...

I would like to see the artwork area become removable in the same way that the TE surface is. Nice and easy to swap things around.

Please include two button covers.

Remove the home/turbo panel at least from the top of the stick to a side.

In fact I don't think many people would mind if you just removed Turbo functionality completely!

I would love it if you just went with a six button layout on the top and placed the triggers on the right and left, and then the start select and home on the front side so as to keep the play area clean.

Anyway...

Thanks for any consideration!
    ·
    I'm pretty sure Home and Turbo can be locked anyhow. Position of the panel shouldn't be an issue as long as we have that.
    ·
  • Pilgrim_PudPilgrim_Pud Ultimo Gringo #HEEL Joined: Posts: 1,513
    Now I have to buy four of these. €>^}}>£><|#€,££~
    Fat.
    ·
    I just always think that when these large run sticks are produced how cool it would be if the play area was like that of most high end customs.

Clean and functional.

So many manufacturers ( Hori, QanBa, MadCatz, Joytron) just keep putting stuff ( turbo, start, select...) on the faces of these things.

Yes a person can always "just get used to it" or disconnect wires, dremel, drill, remove, replace, and plug (or sometimes use a locking function) but why not just eliminate those extras out of harms way to begin with?

I would think that any company could look at pages from the "Check out my new arcade stick on SRK" and get a pretty clear idea of what we players want and what works. I mean we are already buying THEIR products AND then buying MORE parts ...hahaha, basically I think we make it painfuly obvious in what we want from a good arcade quality piece of equipment.

Don't get me wrong I mean making customs is fun and all but why doesn't one of the big companies take a nod from what we like to do in the building/modding community?

It just seems odd that they don't? ....

( Though the QanBa Q3 sticks came really really really close, as did the MadCatz TE line. )
    ·
    ^ If you only understood business/retailer relationships and license partnerships that go into these things.
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

·
    Oh sales...

Haha yeah, unfortunately there is a red tape or buisness protocol that seemingly binds us all at some point or another.

You seem like good people MarkMan, as you gave me a hand when I had some difficulty with a newly purchased product about a year ago. I know you know what I'm saying design wise as I've seen posted pictures of your Arcade Stick collection! Most impressive.

Thanks for representing us gamers as much as you can anyway man!
    ·
  • MideonMideon War Gods FTW Joined: Posts: 103
    Different color and new art and I bet it'll be a badass stick. I know the Tekken aspect isn't going away, but they could still ditch the red.
    ·
  • Eben01Eben01 The Cat in the Wooden Hat Joined: Posts: 326
    I saw the blurry pic that Ono tweeted after I got out bed first thing this morning and thought 'hmm.. I'm not so keen', looked again later at the side on shot and thought 'ooh - that's not as bad as I thought!' and looked at the pics and the comments from Markman and thought: "Yes, Markman is in charge - this will be good".
    I'm also thinking that when markman saw:
    Just give me a AE TE stick!
    he laughed - since last time he put a stick out (MvC3), everyone went "Not another TE Stick!". I feel sorry for you Markman - you're dammed if you put out the 2 year old classic, and dammed if you try and innovate again. Here's hoping you keep trying to bring the A game and manage to get past all the corporate types that are trying to stop you.

[edit to fix the quote]
    "There's no I in team, but there's four in 'Platitude Quoting Idiot', go figure"
    ·
  • OGHowieOGHowie Joined: Posts: 288
    I saw the blurry pic that Ono tweeted after I got out bed first thing this morning and thought 'hmm.. I'm not so keen', looked again later at the side on shot and thought 'ooh - that's not as bad as I thought!' and looked at the pics and the comments from Markman and thought: "Yes, Markman is in charge - this will be good".
    I'm also thinking that when markman saw:

he laughed - since last time he put a stick out (MvC3), everyone went "Not another TE Stick!". I feel sorry for you Markman - you're dammed if you put out the 2 year old classic, and dammed if you try and innovate again. Here's hoping you keep trying to bring the A game and manage to get past all the corporate types that are trying to stop you.

[edit to fix the quote]

I didn't really mean it had to be another TE stick. Just another SF themed TE level stick. :)
    ·
    I didn't really mean it had to be another TE stick. Just another SF themed TE level stick. :)
    IMO, we should all wait until we get word from folks who've actually tried it. I recall actually not liking the TE when it was first announced (being an old school HRAP fanboy at the time), yet after buying one, it's now one of my favorites.
    ·
  • TonepoetTonepoet Joined: Posts: 155
    Hmmm, the white under piece aside, it looks a lot like a Hori VX. Takin' a little somethin' back after Hori infringed upon your Vewlix layout territory, eh Madcatz?
    ·
  • the_judgethe_judge Can you feel the love tonight? Joined: Posts: 1,769
    Coming from a guy whose favorite stick is the SE, I am indeed waiting for this stick.
    The PRO looks to be fixing the main things I didn't like about the SE (should be wider) or the V3 (more wrist space, shallow decline).
    PC elitist
    ·
  • Full Metal JacketFull Metal Jacket Who Got The Props? Joined: Posts: 941
    I want one
    ·
  • chaoticmicahchaoticmicah Metsu Shoryuken Master! Joined: Posts: 80
    It looks like a bigger, red, Standard Edition with the turbo and Home button area on the other side.
    ·
    Looks really nice IMO. Wish I was there to fondlplaytest them and check out the stuff nobody seems to be talking about (features, build, etc) and take some better pics.

I bet people would like to see it in black or white too.
    ·
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Dear MarkMan, please make sure the final product is available with a red base.
    And has a slope.
    kthnx
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
    ·