Dragon's Crown (Chun-li has been dethroned as Queen of Thighs)

Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory.Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
So I happened across this upcoming game in the flood of E3 info.

Behold the Amazon.

I like Vanillaware's stylings and I'm sure this will be a solid game. They really turned it up to 11 with some of those character proportions though.
·

Comments

• HARD BREADHARD BREAD The heartiest... Joined: Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Yo, I'm Hype.
    A wise man said: Never pay full price for late pizza.
    ·
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭✭
    Vanillaware and Platinum games are my most favorite developers right now.

George Kamitani and Hideki Kamiya in particular are my game gods lol
    PSN/XBL ID: Gasarocky
    ·
  • ManxManx History offends. Time is patriarchy. Joined: Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how Elf and Dwarf are now apparently classes. Thighs.
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins untill "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    ·
  • StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    Hits don't feel like they have weight. But this game has a long time until release, I'll probably grab it for PS3.

Sorceress for life.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    ·
  • DropKick MurphyDropKick Murphy Wtf is SLEEP?! Joined: Posts: 483
    looking good, also FAP
    take off your Ignorance Shirt and lay on the Beach of Knowledge, because you're about to soak up some Fact Rays from the Truth Sun
    ·
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to say that it's just perspective and her unusual clothing playing tricks on your eyes

then i saw the sorceress

probably intentional
    ·
  • HARD BREADHARD BREAD The heartiest... Joined: Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Sprites for the win. Vanillaware gets respect for this; I hope we get Grand Knight's History.
    A wise man said: Never pay full price for late pizza.
    ·
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be picking up this game day one, and have a "Dat Ass" face from the time that I pick it up at the counter until I put it into my respective console.
    Missing Person - There should be a middle ground. But one side refuses to acknowledge the point that being a gamer, being against misogyny, and being for journalistic professionalism and integrity are NOT mutually exclusive, because to concede that would mean they would have to concede that journalistic integrity should be attained and thus they would have to fess up.
    ·
  • Shin AkumaShin Akuma “Amor Fati ― 'Love Your Fate', which is in fact your life.” Joined: Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Finally, another Vanillaware game.
    "Execution wins games." ― Me
    "When the new games are out, a lot of players are drawn to those new games and disregard the old classics." ― Kusumondo
    "If [your objective] is to make the best possible SF game, then catering to novices is obviously going to get in your way." ― Seth Killian, 1998
    "A good game is a good game, no matter how old. A bad game is bad, no matter how new." ― Seth Killian, 1996
    "Street Fighter IV is easy to start up with, and if newcomers play it and reach a professional level, those players may be able to move onto Street Fighter III." ― Yoshinori Ono
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    The in game shots look great, as expected, but thos character portraits are almost Rob Liefield bad.The Amazon's head should be twice the size that it is.

Sent from my haxsung intercept using Tapatalk
    ·
    The in game shots look great, as expected, but thos character portraits are almost Rob Liefield bad.The Amazon's head should be twice the size that it is.

That's just the directors style, Even in his past games you see it a lot, just not so much on the main characters before. It's not really anything unusual.
    ·
    That's just the directors style, Even in his past games you see it a lot, just not so much on the main characters before. It's not really anything unusual.
    I've played Odin Sphere, I know the style, but those character portraits are a bit out of control.

·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS MAGICAL BREASTS
    ·
    I've played Odin Sphere, I know the style, but those character portraits are a bit out of control.

I just don't see how you can say that having played their previous games lol
    ·
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    . . .

I think the Sorceress gave me a boner. Usually don't say this but...dem titties. :eek:

Game looks fun. But now I'm gonna have to hook up my PS2 and finish Odin Sphere.

Edit: Amazon's thighs jiggle. That's like a whole 'nother level right there.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    ·
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odin Sphere and Muramasa are still in my 150+ game backlog, unopened.

*sigh*
    www.twitch.tv/swbeta
    ·
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's hilarious that the Elf is the only female character with somewhat realistic proportions... having said that, she's probably 12 years old. lol

The sorceress pic is funny as hell. You have her rubbing her ass crack with her staff while a skull sucks her tit... :rofl:
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    ·
  • ioio Joined: Posts: 1,408
    That game looks sick as fuck O_O
    (you're == you are) != your
    ·
  • KMDKMD Lurkers Anonymous Joined: Posts: 699
    Dear lord, the Amazon. And the Sorceress, but for completely different reasons.

Japan sure loves their D&D 2e. And their titties.
    I'm here to have Eddie turn his upper body into a giant cow skull and make stupid cackling noises while sodomizing people with gigantic black drills. In HELL. Now THAT'S villainy.
    -Ben Reed
    ·
    I just don't see how you can say that having played their previous games lol
    Because, look at them! Even if you look at Vanillaware's other concept art this is crazy.
    dragons_crown_amazon_01.jpg
    I've heard complaints about characters heads being smaller than their breasts but her's is smaller than her shoulder muscles.

dragons_crown_sorcerer_01.jpg

The Sorceress has managed to twist herself into a position where she's sticking her butt at the screen, yet we can still see both breasts, and her arm is in such a position that her staff is nestled in her butt crack.

The in-game artwork looks fine but these two pieces of concept have some major compositional issues.
    ·
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 1,979
    I <3 Sorceress

Shadows over Mysteria - Weaboo edition FTW
    ·
    dude it's just his style, who gives a shit. It's one thing to complain about the sexualization I suppose, but his style is just his style. He has never once tried to do art realistically. Just look at the side characters like Odin or that other dude, or Raijin in Muramasa. Kamitani just likes to massively exaggerate perspectives and such.
    ·
  • SlideSlide Inactive Member Joined: Posts: 3,084

No way is it close to Rob Liefield bad, I think for the Amazon it was a perspective shot, for the appearance of her looking very tall, but it was slightly off so I do agree her head should've been much larger.

To Liefield's credit he draws some damn good faces, even though the head and the rest of the body in general is with terrible proportions, allll the time. I was mad, when I would see he was the artist for Deadpool Corps with each issue, then the guest spots shit over him lol.
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    Odin Sphere and Muramasa are still in my 150+ game backlog, unopened.

*sigh*
    GTFO of this thread and don't come back until you've played them both until your eyes bleed.

Go ahead, son... chop chop! *clap clap*
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge DESTRUCTION Joined: Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has to say it.

I'd smash Amazon over Chun.
    "there’s only one way to defend from the beasts, and the only mean they have left is violence."
    ·
    Because, look at them! Even if you look at Vanillaware's other concept art this is crazy.
    dragons_crown_amazon_01.jpg
    I've heard complaints about characters heads being smaller than their breasts but her's is smaller than her shoulder muscles.

dragons_crown_sorcerer_01.jpg

The Sorceress has managed to twist herself into a position where she's sticking her butt at the screen, yet we can still see both breasts, and her arm is in such a position that her staff is nestled in her butt crack.

The in-game artwork looks fine but these two pieces of concept have some major compositional issues.

I looked at some of the other artwork from the links you gave. It's very exaggerated proportions in general, which is stylized. The way the artist draws perspective though, warps their proportions even more, and that's where it falls apart. I'd say it's less emphasis on composition issue, and more on perspectives and view points that screw with the proportions even more, making the composition look worse. The artist's proportions are already very stylized.

gg-lillet-blan2.jpg

gg-lillet-blan1.jpg
    Again, I still wouldn't go as far as to say they're almost as bad as Liefield's, cause I have a hard time even seeing perspective in Liefield's drawings, they tend to lay flat, and have inconsistent proportions from frame to frame, with no change in perspective. This guy's stuff has one aspect making another look even worse than should. I'm not defending the work, moreso just saying it's not almost as bad as Liefield lol.
    ·
  • odinodin VAN TERMINATOR Joined: Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Liefeld's art is bad because he CAN'T draw proportions.
    This artwork is fine because it is intended.
    ·
    dude it's just his style, who gives a shit. It's one thing to complain about the sexualization I suppose, but his style is just his style. He has never once tried to do art realistically. Just look at the side characters like Odin or that other dude, or Raijin in Muramasa. Kamitani just likes to massively exaggerate perspectives and such.
    I have made it abundantly clear that I am familiar with the style. I even posted links to the concept art for previous games. The quality of the composition of these two pieces seems to be jarringly different.

Even Raijin's head makes more sense compared to the body size than Amazon's 60871520090227_152044_2_big.jpg

I think the game looks cool. All of Vanillaware's games look cool. I only have issue with these pieces of concept art and that's only because this issue with them seem to go beyond the umbrella of "style." If these were done by Hyung-Tae Kim http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-10/mc2-zephie.html it wouldn't be so surprising.

Edit: Though I guess it is harsh to compare anyone to Liefield. I mean he's kinda in a league of his own. captainliefeld.jpg
    ·
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

To Liefield's credit he draws some damn good faces.
    Whaaaa? All of Liefield's characters' faces look like they are in varying degrees of constipation.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    ·
    Whaaaa? All of Liefield's characters' faces look like they are in varying degrees of constipation.

Female faces.

But yeah, I tried to at least give Liefield a tad bit of credit, my bad, I shouldn't have done that. Cause, yeah... man. Ugh.

Even Deadpool makes fun of his co-creator's art work, joking his excessive pouches lol
    ·
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Dragon's Crown = fastest growth of hentai pics EVAR

This morning had 2 pages already on japanese art websites, now in the early afternoon there are 3 pages.
    ·
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat I am not a crook Joined: Posts: 1,680
    Game is getting bought on the first day. I played Muramasa but I have yet to play odin sphere.
    ·
  • Dios <-X->Dios <-X-> Game Over Joined: Posts: 6,646 mod
    Is this getting a retail release or is it a PSN download? Either way im copping this.

Sorceress......
    [Originally posted by OrangeCat
    I have a sort of dilmma at this point of time.
    Right now, one of my best friends is fat. Not cute fat but he borders on being pig fat. He doesn't waddle, but he has the formings of fat tits forming.

Originally posted by MrWizard
    The site was down due to the forum being too big.

Ken Is So Top Tier. Just imagine Ken, with the Ben Stein Assist!!!
    Here is what would happen to any contestant that challenges. Low Short, Low Short, Call Ben Stein, Launch into Air Combo, End it with the special move, Trivial PUNCH, (roundhouse version) Super cancel into (FINAL JEOPARDYYYY!!!!!!) Thats already like 70% not to mention you can DHC into Alex Treebek's DAILY DOUBLE DEVASTATION Super. The Insanity!!!
    ·
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    Dem Chesticles are outta control! This is bought Day 1. Love Vanillaware.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
    ·
  • Running WildRunning Wild Oraoraoraoraora Joined: Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game looks amazing, I can't wait for it.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    "The only Option Selects I want in fighting games are the control configuration and sound test."
    ·
  • Sadistic MasochistSadistic Masochist A Thrill 4 the Kill with my Drill Joined: Posts: 690
    game looks dope. i really hated odins sphere, what a shit game. this on the other had looks like it actually might be fun to play and looks good at the same time. dope. with hard corps uprising already available, and rayman coming out it looks like old school games are finally getting the love thst they needed.

i couldnt stand the ps1 rayman games or the later ones. this new one looks lreally great though, might be fun too.
    An AssHole for the sake of being an AssHole. You AssHoless?¿?¿!i!i!
    ·
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck off, Shadow Over Mystara. I got a new bitch now...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    ·
  • kingsfallkingsfall ( ゚▽゚)/ Joined: Posts: 92
    Hell yes. Odin Sphere is my favorite game of all time and Vanillaware has been my favorite developer since then. All their games are awesome.
    ·
    So apparently, the head of Vanillaware actually was on the team that made the Capcom D&D arcade brawler
    ·
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Just a Boy, hungry for love Joined: Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭
    I loved Muramasa. Looks like it will play similarly enough.Day 1 for me. Proportions are quite "interesting" though.
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved Odin Sphere, Muramasa, and Princess Crown can't wait for this.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
    Princess Crown
    I like you.

I had no idea what anyone was saying in that game, but I'll be damned if I didn't love every bit of it.

Also, and this is the pedantic bastard in me, but in the title... shouldn't it be "dethroned" and "thighs"?
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sucks five days after I get it on my PSP it gets stolen :(
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like how this thread is lowly becoming a diss rob liefield thread...good job srk.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    ·
    I like you.

I had no idea what anyone was saying in that game, but I'll be damned if I didn't love every bit of it.

Also, and this is the pedantic bastard in me, but in the title... shouldn't it be "dethroned" and "thighs"?
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Edit: Am I missing the option to edit thread titles or did we lose that in the "upgrade"?
    ·
  • Shizuma_15Shizuma_15 Cowboys 8-4 :O Joined: Posts: 2,200
    DEATH BY SNUU SNUU!!
    "what happend i won, fuck your mag"

"Bitches Be Thirsty" DJWheat
    ·
    Yeah sucks five days after I get it on my PSP it gets stolen :(
    PSSH... Real men play Princess Crown on the Saturn! XD

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Edit: Am I missing the option to edit thread titles or did we lose that in the "upgrade"?

At the top left, click "thread tools" -> "edit thread"

·
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,269 ✭✭
    Those are some big breasteses!

This a day one purchase for me, especially since it's done by the D&D team :D

Vanillaware is God!
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
    ·