Dragon's Crown (Chun-li has been dethroned as Queen of Thighs)

Comments

• GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So apparently, the head of Vanillaware actually was on the team that made the Capcom D&D arcade brawler
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    I loved Muramasa. Looks like it will play similarly enough.Day 1 for me. Proportions are quite "interesting" though.
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Loved Odin Sphere, Muramasa, and Princess Crown can't wait for this.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    Princess Crown
    I like you.

I had no idea what anyone was saying in that game, but I'll be damned if I didn't love every bit of it.

Also, and this is the pedantic bastard in me, but in the title... shouldn't it be "dethroned" and "thighs"?
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Yeah sucks five days after I get it on my PSP it gets stolen :(
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i like how this thread is lowly becoming a diss rob liefield thread...good job srk.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    I like you.

I had no idea what anyone was saying in that game, but I'll be damned if I didn't love every bit of it.

Also, and this is the pedantic bastard in me, but in the title... shouldn't it be "dethroned" and "thighs"?
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Edit: Am I missing the option to edit thread titles or did we lose that in the "upgrade"?
  • Shizuma_15Shizuma_15 Cowboys 2-6 :( Joined: Posts: 2,241
    DEATH BY SNUU SNUU!!
    "what happend i won, fuck your mag"

"Bitches Be Thirsty" DJWheat
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    Yeah sucks five days after I get it on my PSP it gets stolen :(
    PSSH... Real men play Princess Crown on the Saturn! XD

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Edit: Am I missing the option to edit thread titles or did we lose that in the "upgrade"?

At the top left, click "thread tools" -> "edit thread"
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Those are some big breasteses!

This a day one purchase for me, especially since it's done by the D&D team :D

Vanillaware is God!
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,440
    lmfao Liefield, I had forgotten all about those. And yeah compositionally there's no problem with them,
    Because, look at them! Even if you look at Vanillaware's other concept art this is crazy.
    dragons_crown_amazon_01.jpg
    I've heard complaints about characters heads being smaller than their breasts but her's is smaller than her shoulder muscles.

dragons_crown_sorcerer_01.jpg

The Sorceress has managed to twist herself into a position where she's sticking her butt at the screen, yet we can still see both breasts, and her arm is in such a position that her staff is nestled in her butt crack.

The in-game artwork looks fine but these two pieces of concept have some major compositional issues.

Composition isn't the issue here, that's actually fairly in balance for a character portrait. Proportion =/= composition. And even proportion doesn't mean realism, it's just the relationship between parts of a whole. So even proportionally speaking, that sorceress isn't OUT of proportion, she's just not realistic. I do hate it a bit when people draw girls in that sorceress pose, because yeah they can't show it off THAT MUCH irl, and it's just too much of like "yo check it out she got tits AND dat azzzzzzz and I'm gonna draw BOTH" instead of just settling for one or the other. But that doesn't make him bad at it. I laughed when I saw all those Liefield pics posted up, I had forgotten all about him. He is terribad, and it's not intentional like this.

Game itself looks like it could be sick. Hope it's long enough, and has some depth to it. And if it isn't, who gives a shit? Guardian Heroes is on the way. Either way, we win.
    This a day one purchase for me, especially since it's done by the D&D team :D

Nah, it's just the studio director/lead artist that was involved in the D&D game
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    Art/design in this game is incredible. INCREDIBLE

Jury's out on gameplay. We'll never see another good Golden Axe so this'll have to do.
  • EDDUREDDUR Banana Joined: Posts: 981
    I'm a big fan of Vanillaware's art style and games, so i'll definitely get this.

When i played their previous games i often put down the controller and looked at the wonderful art. I even love Odin Sphere's main menu, that was really pretty. Too bad my ps2 broke down otherwise i would've played it some more.
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We'll never see another good Golden Axe so this'll have to do.

this really saddens me, golden axe is/was the shit.
  • alfaphlexalfaphlex give head, lose face Joined: Posts: 488
    Female faces.

But yeah, I tried to at least give Liefield a tad bit of credit, my bad, I shouldn't have done that. Cause, yeah... man. Ugh.
    Dunno,,,
    1386378-1284050003_super.jpg

:rofl: Wolverine with no upper lips :rofl:

More Liefield goodness
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He really fucken hates to draw upper lips.
    I am also surprised that I only count 2 pouches in that picture.
    And that Fantomex only has regular sized guns.
  • FurryCurryFurryCurry The World's Finest Joined: Posts: 5,648
    I remember when I excitedly bought Odin Sphere only to not get past the third level. Game just wasn't what I expected.

This. This is what I wanted to play. I like the overall art style but I think the insanely unrealistic boob physics thing is too much. If she were naked maybe but each boob is like an iron ball attached to her chest with a couple of chain links between them. At least both of them, especially the Amazon, got ass. I'm so glad that Japan is finally catching up with the USA. A woman has all sorts of curves- focusing only on breasts doesn't do the female figure justice!
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
    So sad that he's been in comics for 20+ years and is still working.
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    fuck yea, i'll be using Chyna.
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2013
    I like tits and thighs and all that, but gratuitous amounts + Vanillaware valuing visuals over substance = very likely shit game meant to cater to a crowd I haven't been part of for like 10 years.

Play Magazine will give it a perfect 10 though. And Kotaku will wax poetic about its "artistic merit" or some bullshit.

EDIT - Shut up, past Specs. You're drunk.
    Post edited by specs on
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • FurryCurryFurryCurry The World's Finest Joined: Posts: 5,648
    ^That's what I'm afraid of lol. That video made it seem like combat was fluid enough but if it's not better than Guardian Heroes or Castle Crasher I won't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
    Nah, it's just the studio director/lead artist that was involved in the D&D game

Good enough!

Hopefully Ignition doesn't screw up the translation just like they did with Muramasa!
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,461 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Game looks weird, but hopefully it plays similar to SOM. No 360 version?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • SlideSlide Inactive Member Joined: Posts: 3,084
    Dunno,,,

More Liefield goodness

hahahahah @ Wolverine... hahaha I forgot all about that one. Everybody's head is the exact same size, excerpt for Archangel...why. And body portions still ain't even close to proper. I was just glad his artwork wasn't all up in the Uncanny X-Force. It's as if Liefield uses some kind of alcoholic induced schematic.

But still, I don't want to defend Liefeld but if you're forced to tolerate his artwork to continue reading some of the comics you enjoy, you will find some decent frames. As I was saying about faces, again it's female faces.

1351526-lady02_super.png
  • GalacticGalactic My member is Well-Known Joined: Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dunno,,,

More Liefield goodness

lol, I've held swords before, (no homo) it is literally impossible to have your arm as straight and rigid as Psylocke's is with a CLOSED fist and hold the sword up in that angle.

Go outside, grab a stick, hold your arm straight down, hold the stick with a closed fist and try to tap yourself on the chest with the end of the stick without breaking your wrist.

Also, Deadpool's mask must be on TIGHT AS HELL for you to be able to see him scrunching his face like that.

I don't even know who the guy with the two guns is supposed to be, but it totally looks like Rob drew both of his hands and guns in right at the end as an afterthought. They look photoshopped.

^_-;
    Too Galactic for you.

^_-;
    The weird thing is Liefeld wasn't so bad in the 80s when he drew the Hawk and Dove reboot. http://robliefeldcreations.com/?p=2148

His women looked like women. Proportions were.. ok. He even drew feet!
    Game looks weird, but hopefully it plays similar to SOM. No 360 version?

I think the reason there isn't going to be a 360 version is that they are probably going to do the whole cross platform play between the PS3 and Vita, but let's see what happens.
    The weird thing is Liefeld wasn't so bad in the 80s when he drew the Hawk and Dove reboot. http://robliefeldcreations.com/?p=2148

His women looked like women. Proportions were.. ok. He even drew feet!

He probably got lazy then.
    lol, I've held swords before, (no homo) it is literally impossible to have your arm as straight and rigid as Psylocke's is with a CLOSED fist and hold the sword up in that angle.

Go outside, grab a stick, hold your arm straight down, hold the stick with a closed fist and try to tap yourself on the chest with the end of the stick without breaking your wrist.

Also, Deadpool's mask must be on TIGHT AS HELL for you to be able to see him scrunching his face like that.

I don't even know who the guy with the two guns is supposed to be, but it totally looks like Rob drew both of his hands and guns in right at the end as an afterthought. They look photoshopped.

^_-;
    Deadpool is almost always seen masked so most times his mask is his face. You usually see all kinds of expressions under it. I've got nothing to say on the rest of your points though.
  • Carpet LintCarpet Lint MUHFUGGA NEVA LOVED US Joined: Posts: 3,404
    There is a difference between taking liberties with human anatomy for stylistic purposes...and just having absolutely no sense of human anatomy in the first place. Let's not get that mixed up here.
    And that Fantomex only has regular sized guns.
    Relative to usual Liefeld gun standards, they are tiny.

Relative to real life gun standards, they are the biggest fucking pistols I've ever seen.
    lmfao Liefield, I had forgotten all about those. And yeah compositionally there's no problem with them,

Composition isn't the issue here, that's actually fairly in balance for a character portrait. Proportion =/= composition. And even proportion doesn't mean realism, it's just the relationship between parts of a whole. So even proportionally speaking, that sorceress isn't OUT of proportion, she's just not realistic. I do hate it a bit when people draw girls in that sorceress pose, because yeah they can't show it off THAT MUCH irl, and it's just too much of like "yo check it out she got tits AND dat azzzzzzz and I'm gonna draw BOTH" instead of just settling for one or the other. But that doesn't make him bad at it. I laughed when I saw all those Liefield pics posted up, I had forgotten all about him. He is terribad, and it's not intentional like this.

Game itself looks like it could be sick. Hope it's long enough, and has some depth to it. And if it isn't, who gives a shit? Guardian Heroes is on the way. Either way, we win.
    Yeah perhaps composition wasn't the best word to use. The main issue I have with the Sorceress isn't her proportions as much as that crazy pose. The butt and boob shot pose is done all the time but that arm placement! I'd expect stuff like that out of a novice like myself or something. Not from professional artists.
    Relative to usual Liefeld gun standards, they are tiny.

Relative to real life gun standards, they are the biggest fucking pistols I've ever seen.
    Of course.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    And I thought I was bad at this.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    I remember when I excitedly bought Odin Sphere only to not get past the third level. Game just wasn't what I expected.

This. This is what I wanted to play. I like the overall art style but I think the insanely unrealistic boob physics thing is too much. If she were naked maybe but each boob is like an iron ball attached to her chest with a couple of chain links between them. At least both of them, especially the Amazon, got ass. I'm so glad that Japan is finally catching up with the USA. A woman has all sorts of curves- focusing only on breasts doesn't do the female figure justice!

Lol, Japan has caught up ages ago, just not in video games =P
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Ugh, reminded me that I need to beat Muramasa...

So many games, and other things to do in life, so little time. :shake:
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • Ryo YamazakiRyo Yamazaki The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum Joined: Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm new to the whole Liefeld thing, but after checking that link that alfaphlex posted fuck me this guy cannot draw. The Dragons Crown proportions are lifelike compared to some of Liefeld's monstrosities
    People are saying that *this* is the worst time to be a child. That's bullshit! *EVERY* time is the worst time to be a child because adults never know SHIT!!! - Lewis Black
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    Yea that Liefeld link blew my mind with hilarity and horror.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
    Are you guys still talking about Liefeld!!!

Yeah he's the comic industry's biggest hack that drew feet like flesh colored pointy socks, but I prefer to talk about Dragon's Crown more!
    Are you guys still talking about Liefeld!!!

Yeah he's the comic industry's biggest hack that drew feet like flesh colored pointy socks, but I prefer to talk about Dragon's Crown more!
    I realize what you're trying to do and all, but there's next to no info released about this game. How much are we going to talk about without going off topic?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file