Columbia, SC: We Now Play A Bit of Everything

Comments

• SweeternitySweeternity "*~-Sweets-~*" Joined: Posts: 176
    Man... dead thread is dead.

But once againt your weekly reminder for free casuals:
    Weekly reminder

Casuals @ USC tonight from 7pm till midnight or later at least two set ups, marvel, ae, and bb.

http://www.sc.edu/cgi-bin/uscmap/uscmap.cgi?type=number&data=36

That building, fourth floor. 402 most likely

GPS 1705 College Street, Columbia to get there.

I quite like the set up we have going on here. I know competition is very hit or miss, and I know as of recently I'm not helping by playing balls out hawk lmao. But really if you have time come out, don't just smash the scrubs but try to level them up. It's hard I know, When some guy is sitting there saying he wants next, then within 5 seconds you realize he doesnt know not to jump, tell him that.

I fear for the cola scene that everyone defaults t their own favorite game, or at least to a less played game, and I'm not sure why. Sure I love cvs2 and mvc2, but they aren't relevant anymore. I want us all to be good at relevant games. I want us all to play to win I want [cola] to be a force at FR.

Don't complain about patches, don't complain about new versions, don't complain about over saturation. Four years ago everyone wanted this and now we have it. Get good, get hype, get your fundamentals down, block those hi/lo's and crossups and punish the fuck out of them.

I really want to get back in the tourney scene now that my schedule has calmed down, so please everyone that posts here get here, lets play.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
    Eh looks like the main gugy didnt show up tonight, I'll be there in like less than 20 minutes though... no projector play likely :-/
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
  • Jaguar131Jaguar131 Joined: Posts: 1,239

That's the TO not realizing their tournament was set as a recurring event, lol. I've been meaning to ask an SRK mod to take it down. There's a tournament in Charleston this Sunday, if you're trying to find one to attend and I've updated a list on the front page.

Although I was exhausted from working out before I got there, it was cool playing AE for a bit at Nashi.

There are also plenty of people in Cola who play games that are relevant (AE, MvC3, MK9, etc.) but most of them don't play competitively (which is not a bad thing at all). Competitive gamers in Cola is a vast minority.
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sctourney
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • Lei HatesLei Hates Prepare to be MINDFREAKED Joined: Posts: 285
    yep...sadly =(...but the minority stand strong in their select game(s)

David, will there be casuals at your place today? I would like to show up, guest in tow
    I am "Kevin Bacon"
    The power i have is immense..you cannot measure that which has no end
    yep...sadly =(...but the minority stand strong in their select game(s)

David, will there be casuals at your place today? I would like to show up, guest in tow

Yep, you all can come by after 7pm today. I'm not sure if I'll play anything other than AE/MK but the company would be nice, at the very least.

@ Simplekiss: Do you still want to watch "The Thing" this Saturday? I don't have anything else planned for that day and haven't been to the movies for a horror flick since Saw IV. Also, if you ever decide to start working out again let me know.
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • DaedalusDaedalus Joined: Posts: 214
    @Jaguar: Are you allowed to bring friends along? I've been in dire need of a bench...
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    for sure we can dude, and yeah. I *am* interested in getting back to the gym. I think it'd make me feel a lot better in general
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)
    That's the TO not realizing their tournament was set as a recurring event, lol. I've been meaning to ask an SRK mod to take it down. There's a tournament in Charleston this Sunday, if you're trying to find one to attend and I've updated a list on the front page.

Although I was exhausted from working out before I got there, it was cool playing AE for a bit at Nashi.

There are also plenty of people in Cola who play games that are relevant (AE, MvC3, MK9, etc.) but most of them don't play competitively (which is not a bad thing at all). Competitive gamers in Cola is a vast minority.

Oh man I don't want it to sound like I was complaining. I was just trying to install a little bit of hype to get people out. I'm not saying everyone needs to play competitively, just trying to get some faces showing up is all, my bad.I mean look at me, I'm very aware Hawk will only carry me so far, and my Cammy is rusty as all hell. I only want more playing than complaining is all when it comes to meet ups.

I do want to get back into a real tourney travel scene, tit's fun as hell having an excuse to go places and have fun, but I'm either at school or working every evening of the week, Thursdays just work for me because I'm done by 730pm.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
    Oh man I don't want it to sound like I was complaining. I was just trying to install a little bit of hype to get people out. I'm not saying everyone needs to play competitively, just trying to get some faces showing up is all, my bad.I mean look at me, I'm very aware Hawk will only carry me so far, and my Cammy is rusty as all hell. I only want more playing than complaining is all when it comes to meet ups.

I do want to get back into a real tourney travel scene, tit's fun as hell having an excuse to go places and have fun, but I'm either at school or working every evening of the week, Thursdays just work for me because I'm done by 730pm.

I didn't take you message as complaining at all and know you just want to see players get better. I'm just stating that most of our players are casual.

@ Xavier: I'll ask when I go up there Monday morning, but I think I have have 1 or 2 guest.

Playing MK was fun yesterday and thanks to everyone for coming out. Quan was a big help in getting started with the basics of Kitana.
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • yay4pachirisuyay4pachirisu Anime Luvr Joined: Posts: 31
    I just like to say it's been a blast hanging out with a few of you guys that come to the business building on Thursday. It feels good to be in a different environment to play matches at, especially offline matches. I'm definitely learning from these casuals.

Feel like i haven't properly introduced myself or anything. I'm semi-new to the area of Columbia but i am here during School session so I guess i'll familiarize myself sooner or later.
  • Zerog65Zerog65 skill comes with fun Joined: Posts: 122
    Man... dead thread is dead.

I quite like the set up we have going on here. I know competition is very hit or miss, and I know as of recently I'm not helping by playing balls out hawk lmao. But really if you have time come out, don't just smash the scrubs but try to level them up. It's hard I know, When some guy is sitting there saying he wants next, then within 5 seconds you realize he doesnt know not to jump, tell him that.

I fear for the cola scene that everyone defaults t their own favorite game, or at least to a less played game, and I'm not sure why. Sure I love cvs2 and mvc2, but they aren't relevant anymore. I want us all to be good at relevant games. I want us all to play to win I want [cola] to be a force at FR.

Don't complain about patches, don't complain about new versions, don't complain about over saturation. Four years ago everyone wanted this and now we have it. Get good, get hype, get your fundamentals down, block those hi/lo's and crossups and punish the fuck out of them.

I really want to get back in the tourney scene now that my schedule has calmed down, so please everyone that posts here get here, lets play.

Hey I can respect what you wanna do.

In terms of it though the scene is dead to me and I see no reason to come back, now that won't stop me from trollin y'all here and there and hittin up games with the Great Pat in the Hat as well as Guitalex. I know alot of people here think I am the saltiest person in columbia (exagerating a little) but honestly its just cause I just dont have fun anymore in the scene and I believe that we should not only respect our scene but the people we play against in other scenes but honestly I just dont see that now. On anonther note even though I said I wont I probably will play Ultimate marvel here and there, I am definetly getting Tekken Hybrid (mainly for tag1 and 2), and even with that trollish Gem system I am getting Street Fighter X Tekken mainly cause I think it will be fun to do some two on two team based things with and against people example being Me and Guitalex vs Pat in the Hat and Keyon.
    Anyone can downback but I can quarter circle forward to back for glasses.
    If you don't have fun playing then whats the point?
    I just like to say it's been a blast hanging out with a few of you guys that come to the business building on Thursday. It feels good to be in a different environment to play matches at, especially offline matches. I'm definitely learning from these casuals.

Feel like i haven't properly introduced myself or anything. I'm semi-new to the area of Columbia but i am here during School session so I guess i'll familiarize myself sooner or later.

Cool, I'm glad to hear that your taking something from our casual sessions :) Playing people in person is always better than online.

Between watching The Thing and Deep Blue Sea on Netflix back at my place, tonight was pretty fun. Although the first movie was MUCH better than the remake, I still enjoyed myself.
    R.I.P sksksksksk222

Which one are you? Ive been here for a bit over a year and still don't know the cola area lol. Don't ever be afraid to ask for next and ask for tips during and after.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
    Hey I can respect what you wanna do.

In terms of it though the scene is dead to me and I see no reason to come back, now that won't stop me from trollin y'all here and there and hittin up games with the Great Pat in the Hat as well as Guitalex. I know alot of people here think I am the saltiest person in columbia (exagerating a little) but honestly its just cause I just dont have fun anymore in the scene and I believe that we should not only respect our scene but the people we play against in other scenes but honestly I just dont see that now. On anonther note even though I said I wont I probably will play Ultimate marvel here and there, I am definetly getting Tekken Hybrid (mainly for tag1 and 2), and even with that trollish Gem system I am getting Street Fighter X Tekken mainly cause I think it will be fun to do some two on two team based things with and against people example being Me and Guitalex vs Pat in the Hat and Keyon.

I enjoy these games too much to give up. I'll play the popular games p much always at this point. and I work in a bar kichen downtown on weekends, good luck trying to out salt those guys on a daily basis :P

Just takes a good rival, good times, and a consistent public place to play imo to get back into it all.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    I like to play Gamecube with no pants, bro
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • filldohfilldoh Chief Beata Bitch Joined: Posts: 1,195

Gvegas Beatdown is just 2 weeks away, some of the best from SC, GA and NC will be there. Last event broke 100 people with some great payouts in our HUGE VENUE!!! The event will be streamed and there will be a discount for preregistering so make sure you do.

here is the link. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nov-5-2011-g-vegas-beatdown-7-greenville-sc-over-3000-sq-feet-last-call-for-greenville-sc.145291/#post-6016516
  • Dr. FaustDr. Faust Charging all day long Joined: Posts: 580
    Were starting over with something new. Just wait and see.
    DeadofBOTG.jpg
    Steam: johnfewiv
    SF: Vega(Claw)
    GG:Axl
    BB: Carl
    T7: Lee
    I enjoy these games too much to give up. I'll play the popular games p much always at this point. and I work in a bar kichen downtown on weekends, good luck trying to out salt those guys on a daily basis :P

Just takes a good rival, good times, and a consistent public place to play imo to get back into it all.

Thats cool the only game I am semi at is Tekken I really dont care for Street Fighter anymore and Marvel I wont jump into till Ultimate. As for the Bar Kitchen whats the name of it (tryin to see if I have been there before). As for a rival (still up in the air), good times (we'll see), and public place I guess is nashi when I dont work.
    @ Dr.Faust: I've gotta help you out on making these flyers of yours XD I see where you're going with this and admire the spirit :3

@ Sweeteernity: yay4pachirisu was the Juri/Deejay player at Nashi.
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • yay4pachirisuyay4pachirisu Anime Luvr Joined: Posts: 31
    Which one are you? Ive been here for a bit over a year and still don't know the cola area lol. Don't ever be afraid to ask for next and ask for tips during and after.
    I mostly be using Juri with a mix of DeeJay / Oni
    @ Sweeteernity: yay4pachirisu was the Juri/Deejay player at Nashi.
    Haven't been using DeeJay much
    I lost his groove!
  • Dr. FaustDr. Faust Charging all day long Joined: Posts: 580
    Jaguar131, post: 6036835"]@ Dr.Faust: I've gotta help you out on making these flyers of yours XD I see where you're going with this and admire the spirit :3

This is not a flyer its just a img i made to inform people of the death of BOTGs. But when we do get the new tournament started then i would love for you to make a flyer.
    Steam: johnfewiv
    SF: Vega(Claw)
    GG:Axl
    BB: Carl
    T7: Lee
    Thats cool the only game I am semi at is Tekken I really dont care for Street Fighter anymore and Marvel I wont jump into till Ultimate. As for the Bar Kitchen whats the name of it (tryin to see if I have been there before). As for a rival (still up in the air), good times (we'll see), and public place I guess is nashi when I dont work.

Wild Hare Vista is where I work, I'm sure most anyone has been there/heard of it. But you wanna meet some constantly angry people go into a kitchen lmao. Only been there a little while though since it was too tough to land film/tv sound production jobs while in school again.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
  • AnguirusAnguirus Joined: Posts: 98
    Just a heads up our WEEKLY THURSDAY NIGHT FIGHT will be going on this week in full force sorry about last week was on fall break and forgot to post. Anyway same place same time hope to see everyone! and for anyone that hasn't been yet here is the info that I stole from Sweeternity's post ^^

Weekly reminder

Casuals @ USC Thursday from 7pm till midnight or later at least two set ups, marvel, ae, and bb.

Just a heads up our WEEKLY FIGHT NIGHT will be going on this week in full force sorry about last week was on fall break and forgot to post. Anyway same place same time hope to see everyone! and for anyone that hasn't been yet here is the info that I stole from Sweeternity's post ^^

Weekly reminder

Casuals @ USC tonight from 7pm till midnight or later at least two set ups, marvel, ae, and bb.

might wanna mention that it's Thursdays

unless you're doing one tonight
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
    Oh hey good call
    @ SimpleKiss/Xavier: I'm actually allowed to have both of you as guest at the gym. If you guys still want to start working out this week, let me know. I'll be attending right from work after 5pm or a bit later, since waking up early morning is not my thing :P

@ Chad: We should get some matches in on XBL, when we're not at Nashi and that goes for anyone else. How's your Adon coming along?
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • DaedalusDaedalus Joined: Posts: 214
    @ Jaguar: If it's in the afternoon, I should be able to come like... sporadically during the week. Are you still doing MWF and possibly Sat?
    @ Jaguar: If it's in the afternoon, I should be able to come like... sporadically during the week. Are you still doing MWF and possibly Sat?

Yep, I'm doing MWF and one day out the weekend.
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
    Wild Hare Vista is where I work, I'm sure most anyone has been there/heard of it. But you wanna meet some constantly angry people go into a kitchen lmao. Only been there a little while though since it was too tough to land film/tv sound production jobs while in school again.

I heard of it, sadly never had a chance to go there as for the guys in the kitchen lol. I dont have to work Thursday so I will probably be there I usally bring a set up and kinda plant myself in room 463 if you wanna swing by there. What do you play and who?
  • Alternate275Alternate275 ★TOURNEY HOST★ Joined: Posts: 1,036
    "Proud representative & overseer of Crew Round 2" :D
    PSN: CR2_Alternate | XBL: DRS Alternate | Skype: Alternate275
    King of Fighter XIII | Guilty Gear Xrd | BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma | Ultra Street Fighter 4
    @ SimpleKiss/Xavier: I'm actually allowed to have both of you as guest at the gym. If you guys still want to start working out this week, let me know. I'll be attending right from work after 5pm or a bit later, since waking up early morning is not my thing :P

@ Chad: We should get some matches in on XBL, when we're not at Nashi and that goes for anyone else. How's your Adon coming along?

@ Dave: I really haven't got to play any matches this week or last. I've had fall break, 3 exams and Halloween parties so pretty much had no time. But you can bet your ass I'm gonna play a lot tonight and starting tmw I'll be back on XBL regularly again so I'll diff be down for some matches man.
    I need to get ready for G-Vegas but I'm not sure if I should just stay with Adon or switch to Cody at this point I guess my best bet would be stick with Adon at least for the tournament.
    I need to get ready for G-Vegas but I'm not sure if I should just stay with Adon or switch to Cody at this point I guess my best bet would be stick with Adon at least for the tournament.

Play them both, but just make sure to focus more on using Adon. It's always good it play other characters, as long as you have one main character you're learning match-ups for.

BTW, I'm mad that haven't announced Amy or a similar character for SCV yet :tdown:
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
    Just a heads up our WEEKLY THURSDAY NIGHT FIGHT will be going on this week in full force sorry about last week was on fall break and forgot to post. Anyway same place same time hope to see everyone! and for anyone that hasn't been yet here is the info that I stole from Sweeternity's post ^^

Weekly reminder

Casuals @ USC Thursday from 7pm till midnight or later at least two set ups, marvel, ae, and bb.

Ok now this is appropriate.

See ya guys tonight.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
    Had fun hangin' out with everyone and watching certain people molest buttons with rapid mashing, lol. I also see that the newer guys are slightly improving, so keep it up :D
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
    Now i know there is more of columbia heading to gvegas than is preregistered so come on guys sign up, it helps with turnout from out of state when people know that there are going to be a lot of people to play. Sign up today if you can.
    id sign up but im afraid i wont be making it. GL with it though, hope its a success and ill try to make it out to the next one.
    I am "Kevin Bacon"
    what what what? You are not going to be there Byron? who is going to help me make fun of David?
    im not sure :shake:....someone will step up to the task perhaps?
    I am "Kevin Bacon"