Come in for some of dat Budokai 3!!
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sctourney
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,217
    We're streaming casuals at my place right: http://www.twitch.tv/jaguarfan#

Come in for some of dat Budokai 3!!

fuck I missed it
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • Zerog65Zerog65 skill comes with fun Joined: Posts: 122
    Okay I am just posting this cause I just now thought about it if anyone finds out about a early demo of UMvC3 anywhere let me know there are some things I want to see in it. Second I am happy to say that the idea that you can simply not select any Gems for Street Fighter x Tekken make me happy cause that now it is a viable game for tournaments hopefully I can set up one at my store or at the carolina wings right above it ( trying to get more people in the area where I work to get into it god knows we need the reserves).

Oh and just saw this and thought it was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCC4qScj_jc&list=FLvM1pJ-H9N6mQKAymH72ToA&index=7&feature=plpp_video
    Anyone can downback but I can quarter circle forward to back for glasses.
    If you don't have fun playing then whats the point?
  • filldohfilldoh Chief Beata Bitch Joined: Posts: 1,195
    we are just 3 days away from GVegasbeatdown and the preregistration is ending in 2 days at 8pm. Preregister now to save on the venue fee. The turnout is looking big again,

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nov-5-2011-g-vegas-beatdown-7-greenville-sc-over-3000-sq-feet-last-call-for-greenville-sc.145291/
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    So... who's playing TTT2!?
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
    So... who's playing TTT2!?

(slowly raises hand)

I am. I wonder if they will allow a two on two team bases thing ( two players vs two players) if so I think it would be awesome to have a small tournament to see who best team would be.
  • coolklm121coolklm121 The Guide Joined: Posts: 61
    Guitalex gonna destroy everyone. Just so we're clear. hotenjin all day, and yes i'm aware that move is irrelevant.
    I can't stop
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Guitalex gonna destroy everyone. Just so we're clear. hotenjin all day, and yes i'm aware that move is irrelevant.
    Stop trolling.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • coolklm121coolklm121 The Guide Joined: Posts: 61
    Stop trolling.
    No trolls here boss :D
    I can't stop
    No trolls here boss :D
    Rooting for me won't count as extra credit.
    (slowly raises hand)

I am. I wonder if they will allow a two on two team bases thing ( two players vs two players) if so I think it would be awesome to have a small tournament to see who best team would be.

They will more than likely have pair play again. I'm curious to see if pairs will be popular or if it'll end up being ignored like MKs tag feature (I haven't seen that many tourneys for it at least)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "Dude yea"
    They will more than likely have pair play again. I'm curious to see if pairs will be popular or if it'll end up being ignored like MKs tag feature (I haven't seen that many tourneys for it at least)

I actually like the pair play stuff I find it to be a little more fun but it will probably be ignored again.

The other thing that I am happy that I saw it was the fact that street fighter x tekken has it so I am happy in that regard.

@guitalex who is this coolklm121 dude and what you talkin bout extra credit for?
  • KimchiKimchi No Squirrels allowed Joined: Posts: 204
    Guide come back to blaz :crybaby:
    Back to playing one game.
  • Jaguar131Jaguar131 Joined: Posts: 1,239
    Having casuals today after 7pm at my place
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sctourney
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
    I actually like the pair play stuff I find it to be a little more fun but it will probably be ignored again.

The other thing that I am happy that I saw it was the fact that street fighter x tekken has it so I am happy in that regard.

@guitalex who is this coolklm121 dude and what you talkin bout extra credit for?
    Don't think you know him. I'll tell you later.

Also, the Nov 5 ECG tournament in Lexington isn't happening. Got in touch with the guys in ECG and the guy told me that because MW3 is coming out next week he will instead hold a MW3 tournament soon, with more than likely MK9 as the fighting game to run along with it. But not tomorrow.
  • UsagiPowerUsagiPower Hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE Joined: Posts: 397
    Guide is guide. A dangerous due that for some reason carries a pocket full of knives, used to play Blazblue amongst other games and I owe money to for when he fed me at Ihop. ( Haven't forgotten. ) His relationship with Alex, however, I do not know of... so cannot help you there.

Casuals today. Yay! Hopefully our special guest make it in safely today. Also, you SCT stream monsters might get to see some of that Xavier getting bodied in Budokai 3 action again~ :3
    Guide is guide. A dangerous due that for some reason carries a pocket full of knives, used to play Blazblue amongst other games and I owe money to for when he fed me at Ihop. ( Haven't forgotten. ) His relationship with Alex, however, I do not know of... so cannot help you there.
    Did not even know his nickname was Guide. I am his professor. I don't even mean that in a fighting game sense.

edit: Although I could school him in MK. But that I can do without being on payroll.
    Did not even know his nickname was Guide. I am his professor. I don't even mean that in a fighting game sense.

edit: Although I could school him in MK. But that I can do without being on payroll.

That is funny, but cool.

Sucks bout the tournament means I will probably chill at house tomorrow since I went ahead and cleared schedule.......... this does give me a reason to pwn some more newbs at battlefield 3 though.

@guitalex also that reminds me of that doom equis thing from UMvC3 the other day.
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,217
    Rage>>>>>
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,570
    (Hope this is the right place to ask)
    Does Columbia have a good Marvel 3 community? I live in Florence and my local competition has not prepared me for anything with a venue fee.

I need some offline sparring partners and bad.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • Lei HatesLei Hates Prepare to be MINDFREAKED Joined: Posts: 285
    it'd probably be better to ask that marvel question again in about 2 weeks when UMvC3 is out and folks decide to give the game a 2nd chance. As of now, there's probably 3 people that take it seriously (as in going to tournaments for it..and that'd be Simplekiss, Mike, and Kevin Bacon [me]). i suppose if you want the strongest comp, id probably be the one in the state to look for (im not bragging, im just going by consistency in my tourney placings, both in-state and out) but in terms of numbers?..again that'd be something to probably ask again in 2 weeks.
    I am "Kevin Bacon"
    The power i have is immense..you cannot measure that which has no end
  • AnguirusAnguirus Joined: Posts: 98
    (Hope this is the right place to ask)
    Does Columbia have a good Marvel 3 community? I live in Florence and my local competition has not prepared me for anything with a venue fee.

I need some offline sparring partners and bad.

We have Thursday Night Fights every week at the USC Campus in Columbia and their is a few solid marvel players their each week.
    edited October 2014
    it'd probably be better to ask that marvel question again in about 2 weeks when UMvC3 is out and folks decide to give the game a 2nd chance. As of now, there's probably 3 people that take it seriously (as in going to tournaments for it..and that'd be Simplekiss, Mike, and Kevin Bacon [me]). i suppose if you want the strongest comp, id probably be the one in the state to look for (im not bragging, im just going by consistency in my tourney placings, both in-state and out) but in terms of numbers?..again that'd be something to probably ask again in 2 weeks.
    I don't care about numbers, just quality of competition. I've got plenty who play Marvel, but they have not prepared me for the caliber of players in a tournament setting.
    Post edited by the7k on
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    im sure you can get the quality of matches your looking for here. what team are you rolling with?
    I am "Kevin Bacon"
    Currently Taskmaster/Dante/Felicia, although judging by how awfully I was playing at the most recent tournament, I should probably drop Dante. I was playing like a total noob with him, dropping combos and just making bad moves in general. Maybe I'll put Haggar or Tron in his place.
    tasky/sent/doom is my day 1 team that ill revisit here and there (but sent last and doom 2nd), doom/sent/haggar or arthur/doom/sent...or dorm/doom/sent, or dorm/doom/haggar is my tournament teams (it really depends on my mood i suppose). Art/doom/sent and dorm/doom/sent have been getting most of my attention tho in terms of team compositions. on the side, i use Mag/doom/sent, x-23/ammy/tasky and she-hulk/haggar/doom if i want to switch it up....and Modok has been a recent experiment im working on.
    I am "Kevin Bacon"
    How long do you guys play for? I don't get off work til 10p and its an hour drive is why I ask.
    We have Thursday Night Fights every week at the USC Campus in Columbia and their is a few solid marvel players their each week.
    Currently Taskmaster/Dante/Felicia, although judging by how awfully I was playing at the most recent tournament, I should probably drop Dante. I was playing like a total noob with him, dropping combos and just making bad moves in general. Maybe I'll put Haggar or Tron in his place.

My team is Dante/Felicia/Ammy. Keep practicing those Dante combos! They're worth it :)

He also works very well with Felicia and vice versa.

"Dude yea"
    My team is Dante/Felicia/Ammy. Keep practicing those Dante combos! They're worth it :)

He also works very well with Felicia and vice versa.

I've got no problem pulling those combos off in training or when I'm playing against friends. At a tournament, though, I can't do them to save my life.
    I've got no problem pulling those combos off in training or when I'm playing against friends. At a tournament, though, I can't do them to save my life.
    Then you should keep practicing so that you land them everytime!

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=122553

Hype!!
    "Dude yea"
    Then you should keep practicing so that you land them everytime!

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=122553

Hype!!

WOW thats a nice payout but I dont have the time or money to put up for somethin like this so no for me, hey Icege been meaning to ask what team you gonna roll with whenn TT2 comes out I am thinkin King and Jin right now for me.

the7k What do you play on do you play on PS3 or 360 if PS3 I know someplayers who are Legit one of them being Guitalex who is destructive with she hulk, and another guy who can destroy with Captain America.

P.S. I use Danted, (Chris, Akuma, Haggar, Ryu), and Wesker.
    Oh yeah and thought this was funny so here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5VPCdPs0Dw&feature=feedbul

Also I am a huge fan of this series so a kinda reboot is awesome to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE7Sr3rgGS8
    It's not until February! Besides, it's by invite only. I wonder if I can practice up in time T.T

Heihachi/Marduk
    Jinpachi/Ogre
    Leo/JayCee
    "Dude yea"
  • SweeternitySweeternity "*~-Sweets-~*" Joined: Posts: 176
    How long do you guys play for? I don't get off work til 10p and its an hour drive is why I ask.

On Campus for Thursdays it usually lasts until about midnight, sometimes a little later. Actually now that I think of it I think I have been the last person (or at the same time as another last person) to leave every week haha. So yeah it's probably not worth the drive if you get off at 10. We do have I'd say 4-5 good Marvel players that show up mostly every week, but there are a lot of people who aren't very good or prefer to play AE or some other fighting game... or puzzle fighter <_< .

I know Jaguar holds casuals sometimes but he'll have to elaborate on that as Thursdays are the only day of the week I have a tiny bit of free time any more (and im not sure what % of people at his casuals play marvel).

If you're in florence though, you're just about as close to Fayetteville right? Try looking up people in that thread too. And the upstate SC thread.
    *~Team HoS~*
    screw ur rocket punch
  • SonGohanXSonGohanX Team Wangunov Joined: Posts: 364
    Hey, who all is planning to come down to Myrtle Beach on the weekend of the 18th/19th? You're welcome to crash at my place. Nightclub tournament Friday night, big party Saturday night! I just need to know who's coming though

FB event page for Brawl at the Beach: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=288086771216073
  • O.KenshinO.Kenshin Dive Kicks R US Joined: Posts: 52
    What's up people? How is everything go for Cola crew? Anyway, my PS3 got the YLOD, so I really want be able to game at all for a while. Anyway, I was wondering if some of you guys could recommend me some animes to watch to pass the time by until I get it back.
    PSN: Truth82803 alt PSN: UYG_Kenshin
    XBL: UYG Kenshin

Dive Kicks-R-Us coming to a neighborhood near you soon
    I just secured that Saturday off by working tonight :)

Myrtle Beach should pirate the Columbia thread

Arrrrrrrrrrrr wee be takin' ovarrrr!
    "Dude yea"