KoF XIII General Discussion: Part II

Comments

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    You're making the game sound pretty good.
    I'm just hoping people will actually pick up this game and take it seriously; it's one of the most balanced and fun KOF games with interesting, new tools for returning characters. People complain about K' and Raiden, but I'd say it's mainly due to the commonality of the characters. K' is still just 02um with less tools but bigger damage output, you can deal with him. Raiden's EX Tackles after Drop Kicks is silly, but he still has to set up for drop kicks with limited amounts of tools he has without his kicks.

Compared to Goro, Chizuru, Iori, O. Yashiro, and Chris in 98 or Athena, Billy, Choi, Kim, Angel, and Vanessa in 02; K' and Raiden are small time. Although very balanced, characters actually have good, interesting tools that are not simply homogenized. Although zoning characters could do more cr.B, cr.A knockdowns or running cr.B pressure, they're still largely zoners and have differently focused strengths and not play like Kyo or K'.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,415
    the problem with yuri is that she doesn't have the same range as before, she is smaller now.

people will complain for the lack of moves in this game, EX moves will supplement this probably.

Some things don't seem to work as well as before like clark's close c into command grab, I missed that one several times

and the game doesn't feel as smooth as other kofs,

this is normal because of the new graphics, the game is still evolving but it feels like kof somehow
    the problem with yuri is that she doesn't have the same range as before, she is smaller now.

people will complain for the lack of moves in this game, EX moves will supplement this probably.

Some things don't seem to work as well as before like clark's close c into command grab, I missed that one several times

and the game doesn't feel as smooth as other kofs,

this is normal because of the new graphics, the game is still evolving but it feels like kof somehow
    I never had this problem with Yuri. Her hitboxes and normals are all pretty good. Clark's cl.C into command grab works fine for me. The game certainly is KOF, it even feels faster than 98 and smoother than the mess 02 og feels like (chaining crouching light attacks for example, it's better in 02um though.)

Maybe it's just me. I main 98 but I have a friend that prefers to play 02 so I learned enough of that game just so I could help him with his game. Then I went on to learn 00 and a bit of XI so I can easily transition from one KOF to another without problems. In the context of the whole matter, XIII feels really good. I'd say the main thing is just getting used to phasing through people as you hop through them and it leads to easier and dirtier cross ups, which I do enjoy though.
  • pablofsipablofsi Joined: Posts: 124
    I have confirmation from someone that collaborates closely with Atlus and the KOF XIII development team about the netcode, I can't say anything, -anything, but when I knew what KOF XIII will use as it's netcode, and I'm a huge skeptic, I became very happy and all I can say is that KOF XIII will have the best netcode of -all-, yes, and it's not an overstatement, ALL console fighting games released till now. News should be coming soon... at an important event somewhere. Sorry people, I can't clear up anything else.
  • DeathReaper47DeathReaper47 Katana-rama! Joined: Posts: 1,995
    I have confirmation from someone that collaborates closely with Atlus and the KOF XIII development team about the netcode, I can't say anything, -anything, but when I knew what KOF XIII will use as it's netcode, and I'm a huge skeptic, I became very happy and all I can say is that KOF XIII will have the best netcode of -all-, yes, and it's not an overstatement, ALL console fighting games released till now. News should be coming soon... at an important event somewhere. Sorry people, I can't clear up anything else.

This is the sketchiest fucking post I've ever read. "I have sources, but I can't actually say anything, and I can't actually even hint about what the thing I can't talk about is, but its totally real you guys"

But I'm hyped anyway.
    I probably would've Matt Murdock roundhoused her ass using the vibration from her ignant ass voice to locate her. - Stuck being Stuck
    I just can't throw out any information yet, but what I know will, hopefully be revealed soon at a coming event. If I say anything it'd be pretty easy to figure out what's going to be. I can say this however, it's something I, as a skeptic and more or less pesimist didn't think was going to happen. It might be KOF's startup point in the US. Actually, it surely will be.
    Go ahead and say the four magic letters Pablo. We know you want to.
    I probably would've Matt Murdock roundhoused her ass using the vibration from her ignant ass voice to locate her. - Stuck being Stuck
    No, it isn't that...
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    So 8 golden letters then
    I can't go on further.
    oh boy can't wait for og kaillera
    I didn't confirm 8 letters. Whatever it is, it has more than 8 letters.
    I was just kidding. OG Kaillera would be terrible.
  • funk1funk1 Joined: Posts: 107
    More than 8 letters? isn't GGPO? Nothing comes to mind at all :(
    Oh well, still hoping for the best!
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068

Join date is today, basically says "I know some stuff, but can't say anything," which is basically nothing.

This post means nothing. Nothing.
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
    I'll laugh at you in no more than a month.
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    I was talking about rollback
    Join date is today, basically says "I know some stuff, but can't say anything," which is basically nothing.

This post means nothing. Nothing.
    I saw your name and thought, "Where does that sound familiar?" Then I remembered the GGPO 3s room. It's been a while since seeing that handle. Riverside, that's pretty close to Modesto, CA. I must have really dropped 3s hard for 98.
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    someone has to really be bored to troll about something KoF on SRK.

just sayin.
    I don't got those.
    someone has to really be bored to troll about something KoF on SRK.

just sayin.

Right, this isn't posting Urien rumor in the AE forums or all the months of MvC3 "inside scoop" stuff. This the smallest damn fighting game out there, I don't think there's a big enough audience to get the full-troll effect lol.
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    battle.net!
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,296
    KoF13 has been out for a while, is there a tier list for it yet? Or at least some general ideas on placement? I'm guessing K' or maybe Mature is up on top.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    KoF13 has been out for a while, is there a tier list for it yet? Or at least some general ideas on placement? I'm guessing K' or maybe Mature is up on top.
    There isn't really one. Judging from all the videos I've seen, even characters that were considered the weakest by Asian players like Kim and Ralf were played well recently. A lot of characters are underplayed and I'd say the game balance is fine as it is...

...So many off tangents. tl;dr, the current tier based on character popularity (not actual potential) be something like:
    K'
    Raiden
    Shen Woo
    Kula
    Kyo
    Iori
    Andy
    Everyone else

I wouldn't say Mature is at the top but she has some really good stuff that other players haven't discovered/bothered to use yet. After the 1.1 patch, she lost her infinite and many players that relied on it didn't bother to use her anymore. She has a good inside game with big chip, frametraps, and control but it's easier for more lazy players just to play K' to trap people, force errors, and still do high/low mix ups. Then they pick Raiden and Shen Woo.

In regards to having a tier list based on character potential, it's too early. With my findings, it's a huge blob rather than an obvious stratus of tier placement. I think due to the popularity in the arcades in Japan, perhaps it's hard to find a time to actually go into practice mode and tinker around with possibilities. A bit of imagination goes a long way. I don't really know how it is in Japanese arcades regarding KOFXIII, but I'd still say that not everything is out on the table for each character yet.
  • b15k3b15k3 Lobbying Lei Lei for Skullgirls DLC Joined: Posts: 493
    Not sure what to think. I hope he has a team. Yamazaki and Eiji or Mary or something. I'm a little hesitant to be too hopeful remembering how half assed the console only ver. of Mature and Betty were in XII.
  • MightfoMightfo Joined: Posts: 335
    Not sure what to think. I hope he has a team. Yamazaki and Eiji or Mary or something. I'm a little hesitant to be too hopeful remembering how half assed the console only ver. of Mature and Betty were in XII.

Console and Arcade XII were like 3 months apart. Console and arcade XIII are well over a year apart.
    I hope he's paired with Yamazaki and Gato.
    If you live around Dallas/Fort Worth and play P4A, SG, BB, MB, AH3, or KOF13, PM me.
    http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2010/08/post_28.html

Judging by this old official blog post, it looks like these characters were on the table and/or were close to completion. I recall the PR guy from Ignition on the Ignition boards saying that Oswald was originally intended to be put in XII and had a place holder for him in the code but he was scraped early on.

If we're going with teams that might make sense and the likeliness of a character getting in, it would be Ash Saga original characters before cross-series characters such as the Mark of the Wolves cast. Going by that, I would think Oswald/Malin/Billy could work judging by the reputations and the kinds of work these characters have. Tis' all speculation in the end and SNKP has the right to just randomly pick any cast of characters to put in the game without reasoning. They could pick the hot nurse from Doki Doki Majo Shinpan and one of the new girls from their new series Trouble Witches for all that matters.

Or in the end all we're getting is Billy and he's just an edit character as well. Maybe they'll top it off with just 98 Iori after Billy, since both had place holders in the code. Who knows what other spots of those that were "bad allocations" since most probably some of those spots went to K' team and Women Fighters team; and it's not as if all those allocated spots will actually be filled up in the console release of XIII.

That leads to another possibility of DLC characters...or perhaps not.
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    if 2 more characters are coming, my guess Yamazaki is a lock. The other person teamwise could be anybody that makes sense.

and was that "playable Botan" bit that was thrown out there awhile back confirmed real?
    I don't got those.
    Who knows. That one director?/producer? really wanted Yamazaki to be in the game and I guess even went as far to put options for Yamazaki requests in that KOFXIII survey SNKP did. I'm still feeling with the assassin/hitman/thug-for-hire kind of jobs Oswald and Malin had and that they actually had pre-designed outlines used for drawing the sprites over, SNKP could easily team up those two characters with Billy while putting in more Ash Saga exclusive characters to make it stand out from 02um and 98umfe.
  • a11111357a11111357 Joined: Posts: 205
    Budqf.jpg
    予約特點はダウンロードキャラクター
    preorder package contains a dlc character?
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    I has begun. Thanks for the image.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 932
    Ooh Shit......
    " I'll stain my hands with your blood - Geese "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
  • AmedoS310AmedoS310 Joined: Posts: 120
    I would like to know the person who's doing the SRK KOF XIII wiki. They've done a awsome job with the kyo wiki.
    Same roles, different actors.
  • leninlenin Joined: Posts: 58
    now lets see yamazaki and eji to form a team. if that happens my team is set, i have a funny feeling we just might see krawser ................. however u do know what this means rite we will see iori 98 also since this is exactly as per the kof 12 data
    I would like to know the person who's doing the SRK KOF XIII wiki. They've done a awsome job with the kyo wiki.

I've done the overview and Basic Strategy portions of it. Phoenix did the Frame Data. Attribute the rest of the work to the good men at #SNKPlaymore. You should be able to check the history on the page. It's a community effort.

When I'm finally done procrastinating I'll help continue on the rest of the strategies and overviews for the rest of the characters. Hot Shots Golf is so good.
  • a11111357a11111357 Joined: Posts: 205
    1309360036x2055023212.jpg
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,736
    I think if the 7 open allocation data in KOFXII data, and the fact they had 2 years to complete more characters, people are saying it's possible that the console version will be getting up to 4 more characters (K's team filled in the first 3 missing slots, and Billy and Iori 98 already had their own slots in KOFXII even though they weren't completed to be added back then.)

I think one of the upcoming reveals will be playable Momoko and Yamazaki. It would be a waste if they add Chang or Eiji, in that case they might as well add Geese or Rock Howard.

Maybe Hotaru has a chance too.
  • MightfoMightfo Joined: Posts: 335
    I've done the overview and Basic Strategy portions of it. Phoenix did the Frame Data. Attribute the rest of the work to the good men at #SNKPlaymore. You should be able to check the history on the page. It's a community effort.

When I'm finally done procrastinating I'll help continue on the rest of the strategies and overviews for the rest of the characters. Hot Shots Golf is so good.

Thanks so much!

Will there be frame data for more than Kyo?
    If you live around Dallas/Fort Worth and play P4A, SG, BB, MB, AH3, or KOF13, PM me.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,736
    here are a good combination of upgrades Atlus/SNKP should add to make Saiki boss fight more epic

* all hits can't knock Saiki down. All hits can't stun Saiki either.
    * Low attacks do no damage to Saiki.
    * All Grapples and command throws are automatically reversed into Saiki's grapple punches attack (that grapple now does 20% damage per hit)
    * Saiki's projectles are all unlockable and faster.
    * Saiki is 2 times faster
    * Saiki's bars are always MAXed out.
    * Saiki has a programmed HyperDrive combo that does 90% damage, always successful if first hit lands.
    * Saiki has a NEOMAX that is unblockable and does 100% damage. Can be used anytime. And the epic cinematic combo and special effect sequence that occurs during the Neomax is about 2 minutes long.
    * Saiki has EX versions of specials that do 30% damage each.
    * If timer is under 10 seconds, Saiki automatically does NEOMAX, instant win.
    *Using DMs on Saiki are automatically reversed and countered into Saiki's new 100 hit teleport combo DM that does 99% damage.
    *Saiki can cancel any move into any move/special/DM/NEOMAX.
    *If player uses Neomax, Saiki auto-counters with their Neomax.

There! That would make that fight more challenging, more epic and more interesting! :)
  • Dr. GrammarDr. Grammar Fighting Game Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,726
    Thanks so much!

Will there be frame data for more than Kyo?
    The rest of the frame data has been put on hold until the rest of the wiki is done.
    #SFxT @ Rizon - It's better than SRK