Kara Shoryuken

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
Ryu's fierce kara shoryuken is beneficial to his game because of its deceptive range. The only problem with it is execution. From what I can see, just like in Ryu's kara throw, towards+MP gives the greatest range for cancel of a normal move into HP Shoryuken. However, I have trouble pulling it off consistently.

towards+HP used as a cancel for HP shoryuken seems even more difficult, as negative edge probably must be used.
cr. MK and cr. HK work, but just don't give Ryu the range toward+MP does.

Anyone have any ideas how to execute Ryu's kara FP, MP, or EX shoryuken?

EDIT: This was tested in sfIII: SI. I found out how to pull it off now, but it won't help much cause canceling normal moves in 3s is NOWHERE near as lenient. Poor Ryu got screwed in 3s.

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    f1are wrote:
    Ryu's fierce kara shoryuken is beneficial to his game because of its deceptive range. The only problem with it is execution. From what I can see, just like in Ryu's kara throw, towards+MP gives the greatest range for cancel of a normal move into HP Shoryuken. However, I have trouble pulling it off consistently.

towards+HP used as a cancel for HP shoryuken seems even more difficult, as negative edge probably must be used.
    cr. MK and cr. HK work, but just don't give Ryu the range toward+MP does.

Anyone have any ideas how to execute Ryu's kara FP, MP, or EX shoryuken?

I got uh....just one more question, what the fuck is a dinmack? R :karate: :karate:
  • AbhiAbhi Best Team EVER Joined: Posts: 1,550
    I got uh....just one more question, what the fuck is a dinmack? R :karate: :karate:

I think u mean DIMAK, which means death touch from bloodsport, so break the bottom brick
    I'm like an Hadoken

I'm like Down Right Fierce
    Abhi wrote:
    I think u mean DIMAK, which means death touch from bloodsport, so break the bottom brick

Dude wtf you rule, but you mean it like put up your Dux (dukes) right?
    why did they cancel kumite? other than teh obvious fact that they realized Van Damme was gonna be in it
    Its been post phoned till nexy year and no Bolo Young either
    I'm like an Hadoken

• CryptlordCryptlord Too Fat Too Furious Joined: Posts: 476
    What the hell are you guys talking about?
    Av by PsychoSquall
  • CyanideAssassinCyanideAssassin Burn 1 w/Chun Joined: Posts: 514
    Im so lost:lol:
    Not here much.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506
    I don't think it's possible to kara SRK with f+MP. What would the command even be? If you do the f, qcf method, you'll get the SRK when you press MP at the end. For the regular method you can't even get f+MP anywhere in there unless you do f+MP, d, d/f+HP, which sounds very difficult to do.

I also can't think of a single use for kara SRK with Ryu off the top of my head.
    This message will self-destruct.
    I also can't think of a single use for kara SRK with Ryu off the top of my head.
    Damn dude, my main character is Ryu in 3s and I've been looking for a good use for it... it's the same as Ken's btw (crouching roundhouse > kara SRK) actually... I don't think there is a good use for it... other than a LITTLE bit more range but you can hardly notice it.
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    f+mp(hold), d, df+fp is the hp kara srk.

it's actually fairly decent because it will catch some things that a fp just shouldn't. it's a solid range increment.

i'd suggest you all practice it a bit because it does have a couple of uses. i'll try one every now and then when i think it's necessary.
    kumite...what is kumite?
  • C RoydC Royd Joined: Posts: 1,781
    SFmaniac43 wrote:
    Damn dude, my main character is Ryu in 3s and I've been looking for a good use for it... it's the same as Ken's btw (crouching roundhouse > kara SRK) actually... I don't think there is a good use for it... other than a LITTLE bit more range but you can hardly notice it.

you're joking me.
    Subscribe to my channel: www.youtube.com/RoydRoydRoyd
    Follow me on Twitter: @RoydRoydRoyd
    I Eliminated JS in his own CVS2 Retirement tournament. C-Royd for president of Canada!
    C Royd wrote:
    you're joking me.
    uhhhh, nope, it's pretty much useless & you can just barely see that Ryu gets more range on it... I haven't tried to do the f+mp kara srk that nothingxs was talking about tho. and I can't really think of a use for either one of them off the top of my head.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's dim mak. Not dimak. Just to be specific and picky. =P
    Chong Li! Chong Li!
  • MertMert Yaouchh Seafood Soup Joined: Posts: 377
    Mr. Lynn: You Jackson? You look like a Jackson. That must make you Frank Ducks?

Dux: No no no. It's Dux.

Mr. Lynn: Oh. Like put up your dukes right?
    Let's get real. The only reason I even go on SRK anymore is for the SF2CE thread. True story.
    why don't you quit round eye
    Very good, but BRICK not hit BACK! :karate: <<< Chong Li smiley lol
    can anyone actually do ryu's kara (toward + strong) srk with consistency?

PS - he is the american shithead who makes tricks with bricks
    Answer to your question... probably not. Regardless, I don't think it would be very useful anyway. It's not like Ryu can do 2 SRKs like Ken... stupid Ken. :annoy:

OK USA!
    yeah but you can catch mofos because the extra distance is unexpected. thats just one of its uses when fighting against characters like twelve, yun, yang, oro, akuma, etc.

Jackson: Time to separate the men from the boys.
    Victor: Just be sure Chong Li doesn't separate your head from you body.
    I can't test it, but the kara shoryuken should be able to be practiced with akuma, since he shares the same command for the kara cancel with Ryu - Toward + Strong. Akuma should make the grunt noise (which is used as an audio clue, see http://www.shoryuken.com/features/s000313.shtml) for the Toward + Strong overhead, plus an additional grunt for his shoryuken.

Even if this is consistently possible with Akuma, a possible problem that may occur with Ryu is an EX shoryuken coming out instead. The button timing of the kara shoryuken may be less strict for Akuma, since Akuma does not use EX moves. Akuma may be able to input strong, then fierce immediately during the command: toward + strong, down, down forward + fierce. For Ryu, even with the strong button held down after the toward + strong command, the game may be more lenient of the virtually simultaneous button presses and register as two being pressed at the same for an EX shoryuken.

What's the difference if Bruce Springsteen is his shidoshi?
    Yea, I've been trying toward+strong kara shoryuken with both of them... it's a pain in the ass to even get those fuckers out once. And finding an actual use for Ryu's (other than range on the ground) is just another problem in itself. I don't know if it's worth it :xeye:

You break my record, now I break YOU, like I break your friend.
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    nothingxs wrote:
    f+mp(hold), d, df+fp is the hp kara srk.
    Why the hell are you holding mp? I can't think of any other reason why you should be unless your aiming to use negative edge and kara a mp shoryu. The only use I can think for this is if it could be buffered with c.mk for crafty long range c.mk, shoryus. Other than that it sounds pretty pointless due to its execution. All this would have to be done at the speed of drumming, I can't honestly see any point in learning it.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 50,585 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SFmaniac43 wrote:
    Yea, I've been trying toward+strong kara shoryuken with both of them... it's a pain in the ass to even get those fuckers out once. And finding an actual use for Ryu's (other than range on the ground) is just another problem in itself. I don't know if it's worth it :xeye:

You break my record, now I break YOU, like I break your friend.

It's the reason why the Japanese are just better than us. They can do the quirky stuff like Ryu kara shoryuken with incredible consistancy. Those little things when you know how to do them 100 percent can help you in a sticky situation where a normal SRK wouldn't. You'd be surprised what you'll catch people with once you become good with it.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Demon Dash wrote:
    Why the hell are you holding mp? I can't think of any other reason why you should be unless your aiming to use negative edge and kara a mp shoryu. The only use I can think for this is if it could be buffered with c.mk for crafty long range c.mk, shoryus. Other than that it sounds pretty pointless due to its execution. All this would have to be done at the speed of drumming, I can't honestly see any point in learning it.

You hold on strong so you don't negative edge with strong, so the only punch that being used after twds+strong is fierce for the fierce DP.
    Demon Dash wrote:
    The only use I can think for this is if it could be buffered with c.mk for crafty long range c.mk, shoryus. Other than that it sounds pretty pointless due to its execution. All this would have to be done at the speed of drumming, I can't honestly see any point in learning it.

I've never heard of canceling normals into kara specials ever in this game, but if it even was possible, I mean humanly possible, it certainly doesn't sound to be hit-confirmable at all, and the risk greatly exceeds the range benefit. Just stick with c.forward x ex hadou.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506
    I remembered today that in a vid a long time ago, I saw Namijin do close MK then link SRK on Makoto. So maybe it's possible to do it on more characters if you use f+MP to kara it. Anybody want to try this? I would but I can't do kara SRK with f+MP at all.
    This message will self-destruct.
    The kumite is for teh fighters, not for teh people who read newspapers.
    Let's get real. The only reason I even go on SRK anymore is for the SF2CE thread. True story.
    What?

Kara Shoryuken? WTF is that supposed to mean...:annoy:
    Seriously

Okay...I was trying the Kara throw, and there is no way you could do an SRK in the time alloted...Using akuma like the page here said, I basically had to hit MP+LP+LK at the same time while holding forward to get the grunted throw - and it worked maybe 1 of every 20 attempts, and it doesn't even make that much of a noticeable range difference anyway...But still, how the hell could you possibly master and use something as random as that? I think it's just a ploy to get people to repeatedly try something just short of impossible while they get their asses kicked...Seriously, I would like to see some footage of a kara srk effectively used in action if anyone could find it...
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,875 mod
    Using akuma like the page here said, I basically had to hit MP+LP+LK at the same time while holding forward to get the grunted throw - and it worked maybe 1 of every 20 attempts, and it doesn't even make that much of a noticeable range difference anyway

You are a scrub :sad:
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • FlareFlare Joined: Posts: 274
    Bokshing
    You are a scrub :sad:

Wrong...My anus gets scrubbed by your mother's tounge...

How are you supposed to pronounce a name like pherai?

I bet if were in a dictionary it would look like (f?r' r?)

YOUR NAME SOUNDS LIKE FAIRY
  • Devil XDevil X TY! Joined: Posts: 757
    I was actually going to say something, but I'm a kind soul....

But if you're having trouble doing karathrow, then you should not even be attempting a kara dp. Karathrows are not that hard, I get them about 7/8 times out of 10 and I can easily see people getting it at an even higher percentage.
    :badboy:X

YJDK
    Wrong...My anus gets scrubbed by your mother's tounge...

How are you supposed to pronounce a name like pherai?

I bet if were in a dictionary it would look like (f?r' r?)

YOUR NAME SOUNDS LIKE FAIRY

My anoos gets scrubbed by you.

You aint my pal, dickface.
    Talk all the shit you want, but if you were anywhere close to decent at 3s you'd know kara throws aren't random, and the range difference on akuma's is significant. Just because you can't pull it off doesn't mean it isn't doable or useful.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    Okay...I was trying the Kara throw, and there is no way you could do an SRK in the time alloted...Using akuma like the page here said, I basically had to hit MP+LP+LK at the same time

It's not all those at the same time...

hold forward and hit MP~LP+LK

the lp + lk are simultaneous, but are a fraction of a second after the f+mp... like a two quick piano notes in succession.
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
    It's not all those at the same time...

hold forward and hit MP~LP+LK

the lp + lk are simultaneous, but are a fraction of a second after the f+mp... like a two quick piano notes in succession.

Right on. I know what you're saying, but that's what it felt like I was doing....I mean, I'm running 3S on Chankast cause my system crapped and I can't score another one...So there's an added question of controller response, but that feels like a major cop out because it runs at full speed on my pc.
    My anoos gets scrubbed by you.

You aint my pal, dickface.

Scrubbed by my phallus, and I didn't say you were my pal - I say anything to you...You strokes could've taken a moment to help me figure out a way to work the kara thing (not that I'd even need to use it), but you immediately talk shit...You could do all the glitching you want, and I'd still probably smoke half of you shit-talking fairies...fairy.

Seriously, the type of person that's going to use something like this is the same that'll use the invincible roll cancel trick from the CVS series...Just cause you can't stand to lose is no reason to capitalize on a function/CHEAT that wasn't even meant to exist; I mean, if it's not considered fair play then you can't declare true victory...right?

Kara on, kara-ers, kara on...and get shinshoryuken-ed in the mouth when you totally though it was gonna work:wgrin:
    Oh sheesh, I forgot that I need to play honorably. :rofl:

You can sit around thinking you are better than everyone else by limiting your game just because you think its cheap, but you should know that almost anyone that plays this game half seriously uses kara throws, including top players, and I'm pretty sure we all let them declare victory when they win tournaments.

And its really not the time or the place, but I'd money match you anytime bro.
  • De4dEyEDe4dEyE Getting Higher. Joined: Posts: 1,906
    This thread turned into something really fucking stupid.
    Have I.... given it everything I have...?

NOPE
    Its over a year old anyway, and was only bumped cause someone wanted to make a bloodsport joke
    Its over a year old anyway, and was only bumped cause someone wanted to make a bloodsport joke

BS FTW

The Kumite is for teh fighters not for the people who read newspapers.
    You can't argue with BS man. Just remember to stay away from his right leg.
  • JidaJida Young Bison Face Joined: Posts: 731
    Seriously, the type of person that's going to use something like this is the same that'll use the invincible roll cancel trick from the CVS series...Just cause you can't stand to lose is no reason to capitalize on a function/CHEAT that wasn't even meant to exist; I mean, if it's not considered fair play then you can't declare true victory...right?

Kara on, kara-ers, kara on...and get shinshoryuken-ed in the mouth when you totally though it was gonna work:wgrin:

:rofl:

AHAHAHA

Not the honour! :rofl:
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
    Go for the gut, chong li is weak in the gut
    WTF someone just gave me neg post for the comment I did back in Sep 2005 on the first page, that was 18 months ago people.

Are people that sad, they search posts that far back to neg rep, some peeps need 2 get lives
    I'm like an Hadoken

• eriksonerikson Joined: Posts: 12
    you can link st.mk > kara shoryu on crouching shotos.. with cr.rh tho.. mad risky.
    but i'm pretty sure you can do st.mk > kara ex shoryu on most crouching characters
  • FlareFlare Joined: Posts: 274
    Close standing forward (MK) kara canceled (using cr. Roundhouse [HK]/Forward[MK] to kara) into srk links on all crouching characters, except the Chinese cast - Chun Li, Yang, and Yun. I wrote "Chinese" just cuz it makes it easier to remember. I'd write "chinks don't get hit by links" cuz its even easier to remember but I'm not a rapper. Against bigger characters such as Dudley, Alex, Urien, etc., you don't need to kara to connect the srk. Makoto is the only character that can be hit by linked kara srk in a standing state using these normals to kara. blah blah I started making a list of character specific Ryu's srk combos so look forward to me probably never finishing it!

OK U.S.A.!
  • World WarriorWorld Warrior Joined: Posts: 56
    Close standing forward (MK) kara canceled (using cr. Roundhouse [HK]/Forward[MK] to kara) into srk links on all crouching characters, except the Chinese cast - Chun Li, Yang, and Yun. I wrote "Chinese" just cuz it makes it easier to remember. I'd write "chinks don't get hit by links" cuz its even easier to remember but I'm not a rapper. Against bigger characters such as Dudley, Alex, Urien, etc., you don't need to kara to connect the srk. Makoto is the only character that can be hit by linked kara srk in a standing state using these normals to kara. blah blah I started making a list of character specific Ryu's srk combos so look forward to me probably never finishing it!

OK U.S.A.!

You better finish that shit. :mad:
    "I'll keep fighting.. training.. and searching. Wait for me, warriors.. I live for your challenge!"

PSN: Teen_Hearts