The Android thread. Questions, comments, help, etc.

Comments

• Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,975
    edited May 2015
    I used themer before, but a lot of the themes are really sluggish so I got rid of it.

Anyways, I was given a Nexus 10 for free and I was playing around with it all day...... I really do not see a use for this. My phone does everything it does, except for the smaller screen obviously. But I have my PC and a TV for all that stuff. I could use it for mobile games I guess.

Also probably because I have a windows tablet already and I use that for my streams/videos. Man, if Windows 10 delivers and gets android/ios games working on it properly, it's over.
    edited May 2015
    Speaking of emojis, Windows 10 will have:
    650x366
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Clean Master always telling me my phone has a high temp.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    So the Nokia Lumia 635, unlike Samsung Galaxy, doesn't grant you the option to create photo albums on your phone and move selected photos to the created folders. You can only do so when your phone's connected to the computer by USB. Damn, Windows, you fucking up.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    Yeah, I'm pretty underwhelmed by Lollipop...

Can anyone tell me what this "Material Design" crap is all about? It looks just like Kit-kat, except the app icons look a little different. They gave it such a fancy name that I thought it had to do with the ability to customize your layouts, but I actually see that on this Nexus 10, there is NO customization at all. I'll have to install xposed framework when they support 5.1.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited May 2015
    So has anyone tried their hand at one of these Android gaming consoles?

Right now i have the Mad Catz Mojo. Its about as powerful as the Nvidia shield.... Quad-core 1.8Ghz CPU, 2GB ram, and the same Tegra 4 graphics chip. The operating system is clumsy though. Its bare, stock android. Which means you kinda have to fight with the damn thing to get it to do what you want. So far i have the PPSSPP emulator(PSP) running on it and its pretty smooth. Hav'nt tried any high-end android games yet.

Do you guys know how to connect an android device to windows 7? I can't seem to do it.
    Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    With the advancements being made for mobile phones I don't think anybody really needs to update for at least 2 or 3 more years if you u have a g3, nexus 5, s4, m8 or other phones in the same spec class. At least I don't think we'll see a huge improvement spec wise for the next few years.

Also such a bs move western territories decided to boycott 8 core so that they could release 4 cores for a longer time. Japan had been at 8 core for years already, so lame.

I just switched from S3 to S5 two months ago. My new phone destroys shit. Hell, my S3 wasn't even that bad. A little slow, sure, but it worked perfectly. If it had a SIM card slot I wouldn't have even upgraded.

Until a phone can warp time-space to help me travel, I don't see any other reason to upgrade.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    With the advancements being made for mobile phones I don't think anybody really needs to update for at least 2 or 3 more years if you u have a g3, nexus 5, s4, m8 or other phones in the same spec class. At least I don't think we'll see a huge improvement spec wise for the next few years.

Also such a bs move western territories decided to boycott 8 core so that they could release 4 cores for a longer time. Japan had been at 8 core for years already, so lame.

I just switched from S3 to S5 two months ago. My new phone destroys shit. Hell, my S3 wasn't even that bad. A little slow, sure, but it worked perfectly. If it had a SIM card slot I wouldn't have even upgraded.

Until a phone can warp time-space to help me travel, I don't see any other reason to upgrade.

camera. i think the s5 was the last samsung phone that didn't have a camera with ois. the note 4 has a great camera and now the s6's camera is getting all the praise (and now the lg g4's camera is right up there as well). my note 3 actually works fine but the camera seems so crappy on it i can't wait to get the note 5.
    I point, press a button, and the picture is captured. What more do I want out of a camera?
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    There's no way you can compare any Android camera without ois to one that has it. especially in low light. if it's good enough for you then great but I think if you've seen any of the newer Samsung cameras in action you wouldn't want to go back.
    edited May 2015
    How does liking to take good pictures make you an asshole?

You're an asshole cuz you like "x" and I don't.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    edited May 2015
    I seldom take pictures with my camera. One of the reasons I didn't go with the HTC One M8 is because the only major difference between it and the LG G3 was the 3D camera, which didn't interest me at all.

And I see no reason to upgrade to the G4. Side's are still plastic, leather back I won't care about or see (first thing I do is put it in a proper case), no wireless charging or quick charging, and the processor is weaker???
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,872

Camera blaming!
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,839

Do you guys know how to connect an android device to windows 7? I can't seem to do it.

Wut? Explain what you mean bro. You cant connect it to a pc via the usb cord and put the phone on mtp or software mode in settings?
    go to settings>connectivity>mtp/pc software
    its that simple.

so.....I recently got a message from my carrier, MetroPCS stating that my old ass LG Motion phone wouldn't work after 6/21/15 cuz Metro will be shutting off their CDMA signal to just solely be on GSM network. my LG Motion is CDMA.
    so...I haveta get a new GSM phone.
    I am 99% sure i'll get a Blu Studio Energy phone unlocked.
    why?
    a 5,000mah battery. if there is anything I cant stand about my LG Motion its the daily constant charging. hate that annoying as hell shit. Since I literally only use my phone to call and text my girl....no reason to care about specs or anything like that. if there is something I need to do on touchscreen device i'll just use my Samsung Galaxy note tablet and/or my HP stream 7.

as the phone,...I just need a big battery so I don't need to charge it daily.
    And you are an irritating asshole if you take pics of everything but don't have the skills to make beautiful photographs. You just do it to to spam your social network pics page. I'm watching TV (takes PIC of TV), gonna eat a hamburger (takes PIC of burger), gonna wash my hands in the WC (takes PIC of WC door). Fuck these people.

Well now that you put it like that, then ok.

You've never been out with that one friend who takes pictures of EVERYTHING? A leaf blowing in the wind. A fart expanding in the sunset. Shit, even every little fucking fry they eat. It's the worst.

No. Why do you hang out with people you find annoying? lol.
    I find everyone annoying. Even if I love you I'll find a fault.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,166

Damn that's irritating
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    Uploaded a video on Instagram from the gym. It didn't save for some reason and went straight into my Dumpster. Did "Delete all" in Dumpster, buh bye video. Didn't know it was there until I saw the thumbnail and "Deleting". Now I'll have to find a way to get the crappy filtered butchered quality one. -_-
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    edited May 2015
    Can anybody recommend me an android youtube app that let's me play songs AND playlist while in background or phone screen is off?
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,806
    Is it a good idea to buy the Samsung Galaxy S right now? It's like 400 bucks for the 10 in screen. Anything good coming out?
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    edited May 2015
    I just got my Blu Studio Energy today.
    5,000mah battery is no joke. out of the box it was at 41% power.
    raised brightness all the way up to max.
    put stay awake infinitely on.
    put the 10 hour troll song from youtube on.
    stayed on non-stop from 10am till just now...which is 5pm,... when it finally ran out of battery power.
    crazy.

I rooted it before it exhausted its battery though.
    I just realized Voodoo OTA root keeper app is no longer on the play store.
    sucks.

I wanna install TWRP but I don't dare cuz if the phone has a locked bootloader and you try to install TWRP or cwm recovery apps it will cuz the device to brick and idk if this phone has a locked bootloader or not. hope it doesn't.
    that's good to know but I think voodoo root keeper was taken down cuz it doesn't work with kitkat and lollipop. obsolete.
    All of a sudden my phone lags, or hangs and then restarts itself. OS problem maybe? Note 4.
  • apxkqmrlzapxkqmrlz Joined: Posts: 17
    edited May 2015
    jebop wrote: »
    All of a sudden my phone lags, or hangs and then restarts itself. OS problem maybe? Note 4.
    The Lollipop update really messed up the performance on non Nexus phones. Even then it took until 5.1.1 for my Nexus 5 to get rid of most of the lag and stutter. On the Note 4 I find that doing a factory reset then clearing the partition cache really help in minimizing the Samsung jank on top of the jank from Lollipop. Shit is infuriating to have to experience this on a seven month old flagship phone and it makes me want to switch to Apple.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone know how to fix a headphone jack? I have to fiddle with the cable to hear sound from both speakers. It's annoying.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    You certain its the jack and not the headphones? I recently had to get a new pair of buds because the chord got fucked up when I put my phone in my pocket.
    gl hf dd ka.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file