CT Thread | SFV Launch event Feb 16th @ Card Carrier Games Milford

BacardiBacardi steal this avatarJoined: Posts: 5,391 mod
edited February 2016 in Atlantic North
Had to make a new thread, problem with old thread. Not like anything was lost except pages of silliness
Post edited by Bacardi on
Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newchallengersct

Comments

• mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Raion, you a definite for ECT?

Sent from my Atrix
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
    New
    ECT3 Schedule!

Registration will start at 9:00am and will close at 1:00pm on Saturday. During these hours there will be casual play. Once again guys please use the online registration. It will be cheaper for you and make things easier for us. All registrations taken on the day of will be $35.00.

The following games will start Saturday between 2 and 2:30pm.
    -Tekken 6 BR
    -Marvel VS Capcom 3
    -Super Street Fighter 4 AE
    -Mortal Kombat 9
    -Arcana Heart 3
    -BlazBlue CS2

There will be 8 pools for AE and MvC3. Only 4 pools will be used to run MK9. The pools will be broken up between the afternoon and evening. Pools 1-4 for AE and MvC3, as well as pools 1-2 for MK9, will start between 2 and 2:30pm. The next set of pools for these games will start between 6 and 6:30pm. As the morning pools finish the next pools will start. If you know your in an evening pool please be ready to play by 5:30pm, just in case.

BlazBlue, Tekken and Arcana Heart 3 will be run from start to finish on Saturday. No pools, just a straight bracket.

Sunday schedule
    -Super Turbo 11:00am
    -3rd strike 12:00pm
    -UMK3 12:00pm

Finals will start at 2:00pm Sunday. Here is the schedule.
    -MK9 top 8 starting at 2:00pm
    -MvC3 top 8 when MK9 finishes by 3:30pm - 4:00pm
    -UMK3 Grand Finals start between 6:30pm - 7:00pm
    -3rd strike Grand Finals starts 7:30pm
    -AE top 8 starts 8:00pm.

When we start MK9 finals, we will bring Marvel and AE down to Top 8 by running the last couple of matches on the side. AE and Marvel will reach Top 16 at the end of Saturday. So if you're in the top 16 for Marvel or AE, expect to play at 2pm on Sunday, and then break until MK9 finals ends.
  • Crusnik004Crusnik004 Joined: Posts: 41
    In the Future if there are any players around the Hartford area that want to carpool to events hit me up.

EDIT: Simsbury more specifically.
    Still Free

"You have a very nice stick" -Dacidbro
  • United VirusXUnited VirusX Obey Wario! Destroy Mario! Joined: Posts: 316
    i'll be rooting for u guys also is there a stream for ect3??
    This is delicious!.........YES!....YES!
  • IronTriggerIronTrigger Sho, the Grim Heaper Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Of course there is bro. I'm pretty sure Sp00ky's streaming it.

Edit: Also it'd be sick if we could get lists of players and where they're from in the initial post. I know that'd be a lot of work, but it'd be damn awesome.
  • needles09needles09 No perfect, Moral victory. Joined: Posts: 647
    In the Future if there are any players around the Hartford area that want to carpool to events hit me up.

Hartford Area you say? I live in Windsor and Carpools sound good to me. My piece of shit jeep doesn't go very far. Barely makes it to Manchester.
  • Mayu's OcarinaMayu's Ocarina Steven Cecil Joined: Posts: 354
    Could you put me on the list? Idk how this is working for the ECT thing, or if there's room, how everyone is going, or if a hotel or what's being rented.

Where is it for that matter? When is it? =<
    Does $35 cover everything?
    XBL: Mayu99x
    SF42k12: E.Ryu | BlazBlue: Jin | UNiB: Linne
    League of Legends: PM me account info if you want to play
    Could you put me on the list? Idk how this is working for the ECT thing, or if there's room, how everyone is going, or if a hotel or what's being rented.

Where is it for that matter? When is it? =<
    Does $35 cover everything?
    Dude, you really gotta check posts a little more. If you haven't registered its $25 for registration alone. $$35 if you do it there, i have room for people but its $50 per person to cover the rooms.
    ECT is in New Jersey and its next weekend
    Dude, you really gotta check posts a little more. If you haven't registered its $25 for registration alone. $$35 if you do it there, i have room for people but its $50 per person to cover the rooms.
    ECT is in New Jersey and its next weekend
    Sorry, I just am so busy with college and work I hadly have time for much at all.

Will I be carpooling with you guys in the case that I go (and is there room)?

So in total I'll need $85? Does that cover the whole weekend there? Or is it a 2-3 day event? And thanks for letting me know.
  • Blackout 2021Blackout 2021 Now, Let's count up your sins. Joined: Posts: 468
    Your gonna want more than that. How you gonna eat son? at the least you want like $150 I think. The more money you bring then the more fun you will have honestly.
    AKA The Metal Face
    True, bring as much as possible. Just so you can have fun. I have the rooms reserved from friday night til monday morning. Its a 2 day event. we are all going down friday to get settled in and to relax, practice and go out as a crew friday night. it would help if you carpooled with us as to help others and the such. ECT is saturday and sunday, but again, going down friday, and im leaving on monday. So, i got the final list. It will be $50 per person and that will cover everything. Whether you come down the whole time or if you just go for one night or whatever.

EDIT: Simsbury more specifically.
    I'm from that EAST Windsorrrrr
    If you don't mind pickin me up I'd be more than happy to toss in for gas. Wanna have a reliable way to get back and forth without asking Bluenine, though he is a godlike taxi service.
  • BacardiBacardi steal this avatar Joined: Posts: 5,391 mod
    if your thinking on going to ECT might want to come down sunday and get some tourney practice under your belt (shameless plug)
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
  • Jcool813Jcool813 twitch.tv/freej4y Joined: Posts: 3,180
    if your thinking on going to ECT might want to come down sunday and get some tourney practice under your belt (shameless plug)

I respect that LOL

Sunday should be fun.
    Jcool: the most jaded DJ on SRK.
  • TheEsco5000TheEsco5000 EscoNasty!!! Joined: Posts: 178
    So Mr Gets Perfect is top dog in MVC3 at the momment..Essex is right behind him..
    Best Original Venom in MVC1..and will prove it to anyone
  • g0dhandg0dhand CT Shin Sho Joined: Posts: 882
    Has anyone seen the Yun Genei-Jin combos on SRK yet? Wow.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/13/ssf4ae-yun-genei-jin-combos-by-desk/
    :coffee:
    Sigh, I wish I had money to go down, but I don't have enough. I haven't been to a major and I been playing since vanilla (though I stopped at AE). It's quite disappointing really, when is it the next one?

Also I wish the Stratford meetups were changed to somewhere to central CT, or at least a bit farther north. 1h 30m is hellofa drive, but I know a handful of people would be able to do a 50m to 1h drive.

There are now Meetups this friday, and might be done once a week, but I don't know how much of a drive that is for you guys.

If we could all agree upon hosting bi-weekly, (week 1 north, week 2 south, week 3 north, week 4 south), we could get bigger turnouts, I think.

Also what are the biggest names going to ECT3?

Lastly are there any sessions this week, within a 40 minute drive of vernon/manchester area?
  • AxelSlamAxelSlam I'm awesome. Joined: Posts: 18
    new thread already? dayum
    COME ON AND SLAM
    AND WELCOME TO JAPAN
  • beaududebeaudude thats pretty ratdick Joined: Posts: 139
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yyyeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
    I'm from that EAST Windsorrrrr
    If you don't mind pickin me up I'd be more than happy to toss in for gas. Wanna have a reliable way to get back and forth without asking Bluenine, though he is a godlike taxi service.

Best check your maps boy, East Windsor is further from Simsbury than Windsor. Button scrub.
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yyyeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Best avatar hahaha
    Sigh, I wish I had money to go down, but I don't have enough. I haven't been to a major and I been playing since vanilla (though I stopped at AE). It's quite disappointing really, when is it the next one?

Also I wish the Stratford meetups were changed to somewhere to central CT, or at least a bit farther north. 1h 30m is hellofa drive, but I know a handful of people would be able to do a 50m to 1h drive.

There are now Meetups this friday, and might be done once a week, but I don't know how much of a drive that is for you guys.

If we could all agree upon hosting bi-weekly, (week 1 north, week 2 south, week 3 north, week 4 south), we could get bigger turnouts, I think.

Also what are the biggest names going to ECT3?

Lastly are there any sessions this week, within a 40 minute drive of vernon/manchester area?

So you arent gonna come to ECT i take it?
    Justin how is the MK coming along? Im debating playing Shang
    U
    Justin how is the MK coming along? Im debating playing Shang
    Im still gonna run Wong Lao. Im gonna run Ermac as a backup just for zoning shenanigans. We are gonna get some MK at Nikos on wednesday hopefully, you should come through.
    i got bjj on wednesdays and Im usually dead tired after
  • craigkellercraigkeller Get blown up Joined: Posts: 418
    I hate that because there's a new thread that I have to make up for all of the trolling that I wasted in the last thread :(.

Anyways, anyone else not maining yun in AE? no? word. im trying to learn the [not-yun] matchup... having tons of issues getting around [a move that yun doesnt have...] with Mak. :/ loljk. He's really good, probably better than vanilla sagat.

Im not going to ECT; its official. Someone else is gonna have to win that tourney (figured i'd let things mix themselves up this time). My only regret is not being able to gorge myself upon the delicious white castle with mayor mcjustin & his entourage. My thirst for unicorn milk shall persist for another few months at the least. It brings me profound sadness, but my wallet and urge to bang hot bitches in florida have convinced me that not going to ECT will likely benefit my pee pee in the future. :( good luck to everyone from CT who is going.
    When I grow up, I wanna play like SkillZ

"...but you don't realize you are the player that they are adding these features for. You need shortcuts trust me I've seen you mash that shitty silver ps2 controller" - Essex

"Alukard is nothing but a little [racial slur] who talks shit and deserves to be punched in the face." - Dont Jump (stay classy bro)
    Get hype for Windsor Wednesdays coming up. Casuals in all sorts of fighting games, especially SSFIVAE. This shit's getting bigger and better with each passing week. This time it'll be starting at 3PM (thanks to my new job) and ending when you just can't mash anymore.

PM me for details if you're interested at all. Windsor Wednesday at Sho's Place is not something to be missed.
    I hate that because there's a new thread that I have to make up for all of the trolling that I wasted in the last thread :(.

Anyways, anyone else not maining yun in AE? no? word. im trying to learn the [not-yun] matchup... having tons of issues getting around [a move that yun doesnt have...] with Mak. :/ loljk. He's really good, probably better than vanilla sagat.

Im not going to ECT; its official. Someone else is gonna have to win that tourney (figured i'd let things mix themselves up this time). My only regret is not being able to gorge myself upon the delicious white castle with mayor mcjustin & his entourage. My thirst for unicorn milk shall persist for another few months at the least. It brings me profound sadness, but my wallet and urge to bang hot bitches in florida have convinced me that not going to ECT will likely benefit my pee pee in the future. :( good luck to everyone from CT who is going.

I approve of this message. And may your pee pee see great wealth in the future
    Isnip.

Thats cool and all but we have a tournament this sunday that you can attend :)
    Yun is not better than IV Sagat.

TU xx :f:+:hk: Ultra ggs

Yun has to atleast move forward

Fiending for more casuals.
    Get hype for Windsor Wednesdays coming up. Casuals in all sorts of fighting games, especially SSFIVAE. This shit's getting bigger and better with each passing week. This time it'll be starting at 3PM (thanks to my new job) and ending when you just can't mash anymore.

PM me for details if you're interested at all. Windsor Wednesday at Sho's Place is not something to be missed.
    Duuude, yes. Address? Windsor from Manchester/Vernon area is no more than 20-30 mins yeah? Sooo this Wednesday? How much ppl u usually get? I got y'all on drinks+chip.

===
    Also, who's still down for casuals this Friday? I saw some people posted in the last thread that was just deleted so if you're still interested please post again.

===
    @Mcjustin: I freakin wish. =\ When's the next big shi-bang?
    Drive safe/have fun/bring food from home to save that paperrr.
    @bacardi - i will be there.

also, i hope you've been playing 3s (i havent, at all) in preparation for OE (you're gonna need it). ;) <3

"...but you don't realize you are the player that they are adding these features for. You need shortcuts trust me I've seen you mash that shitty silver ps2 controller" - Essex

"Alukard is nothing but a little [racial slur] who talks shit and deserves to be punched in the face." - Dont Jump (stay classy bro)
    Jamal show up early to gaming etc we'll get some games in sunday, or catch me on xbl till then sporadically

Craig - We can have a side 3s shin dig if you want :D
    Ok so here is the final list for the mantastic manfestival that is ECT

Me
    AJ
    Walter
    Raion
    Sho
    Needles
    Blackout
    Bebop
    Kenny +2
    Niko
    Jeremy
    Beau
    Moosehummel (VA)
    Manny

It will be $50 per person. If you are only there for one night or the whole weekend i think thats pretty fair, considering the going rate was $99 per night. I want to coordinate travel as so everyone can get down there and back no problem.
  • Bebop_BlueBebop_Blue Joined: Posts: 13
    this is simply awesome; i dont think any of us will be sleeping though haha
    Duuude, yes. Address? Windsor from Manchester/Vernon area is no more than 20-30 mins yeah? Sooo this Wednesday? How much ppl u usually get? I got y'all on drinks+chip.
    That's privileged info. If you want it, send me a PM. It is about a half hour to East Windsor. It is this Wednesday, it is every Wednesday. Last time we had a turnout of about 6 serious guys and a few of my more casual friends. All great guys to hang with. We'll have 3 setups if all goes well.
  • Blackout 2021Blackout 2021 Now, Let's count up your sins. Joined: Posts: 468
    Yo Sho you got any tools at your place so I can put get artwork on my stick. I don't have the right sized allen key that I need so I can't do anything with it yet?
    AKA The Metal Face
  • nikko da champnikko da champ Joined: Posts: 31
    What's up fellas? It's the new guy nikko. East coast throwdown here
    I come! Mk9
    Big Freak Daddy!!!!
  • Bebop_BlueBebop_Blue Joined: Posts: 13
    Yo Sho you got any tools at your place so I can put get artwork on my stick. I don't have the right sized allen key that I need so I can't do anything with it yet?
    What do you need man? if sho doesnt have it, i'll bring the tools over bro.
    this is simply awesome; i dont think any of us will be sleeping though haha

Dude speak for yourself. This will be one of those times I'm glad I'm a heavy sleeper. I'm getting plenty of sleep before my seed on Saturday.
    So needles, are you going to the Windsor session today? I been wanting a rematch against you since the last time we played on that hellishly laggy LCD. Excited to see how much you've improved, ^_^.

@Iron Trigger: any news on today? If you don't have much room or some other it's all good. Just really looking to get some good games in. =)
    Just a reminder/shameless plug that there are tons of new shirts available on http://www.mashultra.com. A lot of you saw me wearing the GET HYPE t-shirt recently. The quality is pretty sick, and the design is... well, done by me.

GOGOGO BUYBUYBUY

• Dont JumpDont Jump MVC3 was end of good FG's Joined: Posts: 1,491
    So, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6SmTWn2wiNk

SF X Tekken looks like another stupid A-B-C scrubby combo fest game. As expected.

Yun is not better than Vanilla Sagat at ALL. lol. Yun has weak reversals, weak pokes, low health, low stun. All of which Sagat raped w in Vanilla. Plus w Vanilla it was Sagat....and then the rest of the cast. Now it is Yun/Yang/Fei/Gief....the rest of the cast.

Third Strike online looks incredible. I'm gonna practice on my ps2 and get ready for some fools to body me. I'll be free for a little while but am excited to learn a new/old game. I played mvc2 the other night and got bodied pretty hard but definitely learned some stuff/what i need to do to improve.

GG's SSF4 AE. I give you a year to die due to Tekken Tag 2, Third Strike, and SF X Tekken.
    So, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6SmTWn2wiNk

SF X Tekken looks like another stupid A-B-C scrubby combo fest game. As expected.

Yun is not better than Vanilla Sagat at ALL. lol. Yun has weak reversals, weak pokes, low health, low stun. All of which Sagat raped w in Vanilla. Plus w Vanilla it was Sagat....and then the rest of the cast. Now it is Yun/Yang/Fei/Gief....the rest of the cast.

Third Strike online looks incredible. I'm gonna practice on my ps2 and get ready for some fools to body me. I'll be free for a little while but am excited to learn a new/old game. I played mvc2 the other night and got bodied pretty hard but definitely learned some stuff/what i need to do to improve.

GG's SSF4 AE. I give you a year to die due to Tekken Tag 2, Third Strike, and SF X Tekken.
    Its a six button fighter with juggles.

Sent from my Atrix
    Hey Craig can you bring a By Odins Beer t shirt on sunday? Ill buy it from you there, unless you only do it on the website
    I want that godlike apparel shirt..
    Hey Craig can you bring a By Odins Beer t shirt on sunday? Ill buy it from you there, unless you only do it on the website

Walter only on the website for now.
    I want that godlike apparel shirt..

BUY ITTT!!!

Coming soon: Flowchart Ken & Reeboks-Titties-Ass

So who is coming down to gaming etc sunday?
    i'm in there walter.

what's your GT?

mine is FREEJ4Y