CT Thread | SFV Launch event Feb 16th @ Card Carrier Games Milford

Comments

• TommyTwoTime77TommyTwoTime77 You can not dodge what you can not see. Joined: Posts: 563
    I'll most likely be there, that venue was pretty fun
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi
  • BacardiBacardi steal this avatar Joined: Posts: 5,391 mod
    mine is sp00ky monster
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newchallengersct
  • mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    ill definitley be there.. ill be there at 10
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
  • Dont JumpDont Jump MVC3 was end of good FG's Joined: Posts: 1,491
    If I'm not working I'll show up and throw mad kunais and roses at everyone.
    Should be fun people, Im still waiting on a couple of things before I make the ranbat season official
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
  • deadlymagnoctdeadlymagnoct Vigilante Armado Joined: Posts: 356
    Craig when are you gonna make the Stop dropping "Combos" shirt? lmk
    keep it real we all suck, we play locally and never top32 any majors
  • Crusnik004Crusnik004 Joined: Posts: 41
    I might make it to ETC again not sure.
    Still Free

"You have a very nice stick" -Dacidbro
    I want us to all to go down to ECT on friday in the afternoon. This way we can relax and go out friday night to have a good time. So for those who wanna travel down with me I have another gps so that you wont get lost. I guess I should ask, who wants to go down friday?

Sent from my Atrix
  • IronTriggerIronTrigger Sho, the Grim Heaper Joined: Posts: 1,068
    GODLIKE WEDNESDAYS
    GOOD WORK SOLDIERS
    Sorry to those that couldn't make it, it was a great time and we'd be glad to have you next time.

Justin, Needles, Blackout, Bebop, and I were expecting that, we were under the impression that we were leaving in the morning. We definitely want to be able to have a good time.

Edit: On a seperate note KOF13 IS TOO GODDAMN HYPE, seriously gonna pick that game up and play it competitively.
  • United VirusXUnited VirusX Obey Wario! Destroy Mario! Joined: Posts: 316
    I wont make it sunday I work that day :( I really wanted to play some AE.
    This is delicious!.........YES!....YES!
    GODLIKE WEDNESDAYS
    GOOD WORK SOLDIERS
    Sorry to those that couldn't make it, it was a great time and we'd be glad to have you next time.

Justin, Needles, Blackout, Bebop, and I were expecting that, we were under the impression that we were leaving in the morning. We definitely want to be able to have a good time.

Edit: On a seperate note KOF13 IS TOO GODDAMN HYPE, seriously gonna pick that game up and play it competitively.
    Just making sure. I want to know so that travel can be all figured out.

Sent from my Atrix
    I'm already sick of doing Dive Kicks and mashing them out. I'm just going to go back to Dudley and Ibuki. I think Dudley is incredible in this game....

Does anyone else think Ken is like top 4? Hes so stupid/easy mode in this game.
  • needles09needles09 No perfect, Moral victory. Joined: Posts: 647
    I want us to all to go down to ECT on friday in the afternoon. This way we can relax and go out friday night to have a good time. So for those who wanna travel down with me I have another gps so that you wont get lost. I guess I should ask, who wants to go down friday?

Sent from my Atrix

I feel like we should go out somewhat early. Maybe around like 10 or 11 am? That way we can get some casuals in on Friday too.
  • craigkellercraigkeller Get blown up Joined: Posts: 418
    Craig when are you gonna make the Stop dropping "Combos" shirt? lmk

Its made, i just have to upload it really. It says "Home-made combos, with extra salt!". I will make more shirts when ppl stop being cheap bastards and buy my shit haha. I only make about $1.50 per shirt because I care more about quality than making money. All of the shirts are American Apparel, if you know anything about t-shirts, you know that AA is the best by far.

Also, Walter - I wont be making it sunday. Plans had to change due to Father's day :/ sorry broseph
    When I grow up, I wanna play like SkillZ

"...but you don't realize you are the player that they are adding these features for. You need shortcuts trust me I've seen you mash that shitty silver ps2 controller" - Essex

"Alukard is nothing but a little [racial slur] who talks shit and deserves to be punched in the face." - Dont Jump (stay classy bro)
    That sucks craig your presence will be missed, ill get around to ordering that shirt in the future. Let me know if itll be possible to sell the shirts in person in the future. Also Howard will not be able to attend this Sunday to stream so if anyone else would like to do it please let me know so I can change in the tournament thread
  • Ride the WalrusRide the Walrus Goo Goo Gajoob Joined: Posts: 196
    What time do you guys start at Gaming Etc. on Sunday? I might be able to make it, I work until noon and google maps says it's about an hour away from me.
    Extreme Walrus Juice, 100% Fresh squeezed walrus.
  • TommyTwoTime77TommyTwoTime77 You can not dodge what you can not see. Joined: Posts: 563
    Yea, we're doing a cookout thing at my house so I won't be making it on Sunday either
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi
    tournaments start at 1pm but if you or some other guys are coming down I can delay it a hour
  • TheEsco5000TheEsco5000 EscoNasty!!! Joined: Posts: 178
    Ok Its Official
    The Next Waterbury Tournament will be on July 17th
    here is the thread http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-17-2011-the-waterbury-tournament-aka-project-esco-nasty-waterbury-ct.139028/
    still not sure if im going to do AE for this tournament ..i will u update you all
    Best Original Venom in MVC1..and will prove it to anyone
    also tonight after 8pm team waterbury will be having another Marvel training session at my Studio. i usually have a session at the studio on mondays or thursday or both. So if anyone of you are around waterbury after 8pm and want to play Marvel please.. fair warning..we party :)
  • kryonikkryonik Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Caturday. Joined: Posts: 930
    fair warning..we party :)
    So like, chips, dip, pin the tail on the donkey?
  • RaionRaion So frayyyyyyy Joined: Posts: 965
    Wouldn't see why you wouldn't do AE.
    DOA 5: Kokoro
    SSF4AE: Dictator, Cammy
    SCV: Pyrrha, Leixia
  • DominicanFuryDominicanFury Joined: Posts: 149
    FML live so close but i dont get paid till next week O_O
    So i kind of think i like Evil Ryu now. Hes fun/challenging to play. Yang to me atm is not worth it because he does not deal damage/stun. Hes really stupid but im kind of bored with him now and i feel like other characters do so much more dmg. Honestly, i think ken is better than Yang.
    Wouldn't see why you wouldn't do AE.

Because he likes Marvel and SF is not his game? Have you read his sig? lol. He's always been a fan of Marvel more so than SF. Its his calling. It's his tournament and he can do as he chooses.

I can't stand it when community members try to tell TO's how to run their tournaments.

My philosophy behind people and rules/regulations/games they want to see:

Run your own event if you do not like it.
    So like, chips, dip, pin the tail on the donkey?
    Maybe some hungry hungry hippos.

Sent from my Atrix
    Thanks Bacardi....

I hate our economy. This shit is not going to get better. It keeps getting worse....and worse........and worse.
    Oh my bad. I thought tournament organizers were in it for the community more, and not just about what they wanted to play.

I wasn't trying to tell him how to run his own tournament. I understand that when the tournament first started MvC3 was hot and Super was kind of dying because AE was on the way. Now that AE is out I thought it would be added to the list of tournaments, because its what is being played lol.
    Ok, so who wants to travel down with me on Friday? I will go around Noonish. It would help if someone who drives would travel down with me. I will provide you a GPS. I can only hold so many people in my car.
    You're talking about NEXT friday right?
    You're talking about NEXT friday right?
    Si
    I would have been hard for me to state that seeing as i wrote that post at 3:15 pm.... lol

ECT is next weekend.... I NEED TO LEVEL UP FOR MK!!!
    Walter, I've seen the shang tsung shenanigans..... crazy learning curve
  • TetsuosanTetsuosan Watahh Joined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The state might as well take my balls since they've taken everything else. Governor Malloy would you like them on a silver platter or would a disposable plate suffice?
    Si
    I would have been hard for me to state that seeing as i wrote that post at 3:15 pm.... lol

ECT is next weekend.... I NEED TO LEVEL UP FOR MK!!!
    Walter, I've seen the shang tsung shenanigans..... crazy learning curve

If you take myself sho, blackout and bebop you would have 2 people (myself and bebop) who can drive reliably. I can also drive stick in case your car is a standard.
    Oh my bad. I thought tournament organizers were in it for the community more, and not just about what they wanted to play.

I wasn't trying to tell him how to run his own tournament. I understand that when the tournament first started MvC3 was hot, and Super was kind of dying, because AE was on the way. Now that AE is out I thought it would be added to the list of tournaments., because its what is being played lol.
    Lol don't stress. The thing is that Waterbury is more of a Marvel town. So I will always host mvc3 mainly but I will host an AE tournament on the same day. I will just ask for a few of you to be nice enough to bring a set up.
    I will update the tournament forum soon. So it will be MVC3 and AE
    Lol don't stress. The thing is that Waterbury is more of a Marvel town. So I will always host mvc3 mainly but I will host an AE tournament on the same day. I will just ask for a few of you to be nice enough to bring a set up.
    I will update the tournament forum soon. So it will be MVC3 and AE

Okay cool.
    If you take myself sho, blackout and bebop you would have 2 people (myself and bebop) who can drive reliably. I can also drive stick in case your car is a standard.

Im not worried about driving. I got that covered, its only about an hour and a half. I meant others to follow me down. in order to get other people down like Raion who got in touch with me before anyone for this.
  • deadlymagnoctdeadlymagnoct Vigilante Armado Joined: Posts: 356
    man I would be down to go and drive but I am short on money. Anyway what is it per head now?
    keep it real we all suck, we play locally and never top32 any majors
    man I would be down to go and drive but I am short on money. Anyway what is it per head now?
    For the room it is $50

Sent from my Atrix
    @esco - i can't make the 17th. I'm going tubing that weekend in upstate ny.

@everyone else - I don't see sales blowing up on mashultra.com -- FOR SHAME!

"...but you don't realize you are the player that they are adding these features for. You need shortcuts trust me I've seen you mash that shitty silver ps2 controller" - Essex

"Alukard is nothing but a little [racial slur] who talks shit and deserves to be punched in the face." - Dont Jump (stay classy bro)
    @esco - i can't make the 17th. I'm going tubing that weekend in upstate ny.

@everyone else - I don't see sales blowing up on mashultra.com -- FOR SHAME!

Dude I want to but I'm poor. D:
    Dude I want to but I'm poor. D:
    *shuns*

;)

• kryonikkryonik Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Caturday. Joined: Posts: 930
    Sha sha sha spush it.
    I'm going to Sundays event.

i SPY AE being a dead game in less than 8 months. Go.

I've started playing mvc2 a bit....its great. I still suck...but its so much fun.

EDIT: I just remembered that tomorrow is fathers day. I'm not a definite. Depends on what my father wants to do and if he has anything in mind.
    I'll get some shirts Craig, as soon as I get my next paycheck.

Also the Windsor Warlords will be needing team shirts. We have some ideas for it and we're all willing to pay hella monies. Lemme know if you're interested
  • RockyBalboaRockyBalboa Joined: Posts: 93
    There is no shortcut in the art of Yoga; Victory is Destiny
  • ArcherArcher Final Justice! Joined: Posts: 48
    I should be there tomorrow. Though I have dinner plans with my father, it's very rare that I have a Sunday off, so I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet the CT crew. Granted, I have yet to play a human being in Marvel and only turned the game on on Tuesday, but I gotta start somewhere. I hear that getting OCV'd by Arthur builds character, too.

Edit: I don't have a 360 controller or stick, so I'm going to just show up and see what happens.
    "If all else fails, Rolento-Jab-of-Doom that ish down!" - N, on the benefits of playing 3S Ibuki.
    I should be there tomorrow. Though I have dinner plans with my father, it's very rare that I have a Sunday off, so I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet the CT crew. Granted, I have yet to play a human being in Marvel and only turned the game on on Tuesday, but I gotta start somewhere. I hear that getting OCV'd by Arthur builds character, too.

Edit: I don't have a 360 controller or stick, so I'm going to just show up and see what happens.

we have a good amount of equipment to use. Come on down
  • SUN CiTy KinGSUN CiTy KinG Joined: Posts: 923
    f
    Focus....Breath......FighT!!!
    u
    c