CT Thread | SFV Launch event Feb 16th @ Card Carrier Games Milford

Comments

• g0dhandg0dhand CT Shin Sho Joined: Posts: 882
    Shout outs to Bacardi. Thanks for everything yesterday man. I'll most likely be able to make next Sunday. Had a bunch of fun getting casuals in with a lot of people yesterday!
    :coffee:
  • BacardiBacardi steal this avatar Joined: Posts: 5,391 mod
    Ah. Now I understand why the guy was so salty when he lost to me. Lmao

Dude he is salty because he wants to win not because he drove 2 hours to play :P . I am seriously becoming disheartened running tournaments, due to the overall lack of interest I am feeling from this state. I understand a lot of people have work/conflicting schedules but we have gone from a high of 135 unique entrants to 12 people..... Is it a problem people have with the venue? me? the games being run? Burned out from the frequency of tournaments? I only do this for you guys, and while I would like to develop this into something further but without your guys support I cant ask my current backer (Gaming ETC) to put more money into me. So guys lets talk and all help each other
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newchallengersct
  • Manny_OManny_O Joined: Posts: 710
    I'll make it this weekend Wally, I've been pretty busy lately but I do miss hanging out with the CT crew.
    Manny I know you had work and I know everyone cant make it every weekend. But like I am saying we went from 135 to 12, something is seriously adrift and I want to get attendance back up
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
  • KKCapcom2KKCapcom2 Joined: Posts: 120
    I miss Manny and his stylish glasses. FULL BLOWN HOMO!
    We share blood. We are not brothers.
  • GysbertGysbert A.k.a. Cheeseburger Joined: Posts: 978
    I blame Kenny cause he never stops by anymore.
    Props to savaii64 for the avatar!
    he was actually there yesterday
  • kryonikkryonik Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Caturday. Joined: Posts: 930
    I had shit to do on Sunday. That's pretty much the only reason I didn't go. Last weekend I was just tired and hungover. I've been to almost all the other ones though!
    Kry I know your there all the time so don't view that post directed at you
  • MegaIsaac XMegaIsaac X I am off this like psn was for 2 weeks Joined: Posts: 392
    Walter I am taking Sunday off from work. I havent shown up these past few tournaments but I will be returning and to be nice I wont even ask for a raffle this time.
    SSF4:AE 2012-Cammy, Ken, Ryu, Guile, E.Honda
    UMvC3-Wolverine,Hawkeye, Zero
    SFXT-Poison,Cammy/Cammy,Ken
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    I blame essex. And that its 2hrs away from RI :(
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
  • needles09needles09 No perfect, Moral victory. Joined: Posts: 647
    I know with me we just got back from CEO and I couldn't afford to take a Sunday off, and if I don't think I'll be able to this Sunday either. Doing theatre eats up all your free time :(
  • ASAP_ctASAP_ct Recognize. ASAP! Joined: Posts: 90
    Brackets just got posted online so post up your pool assignments. I'm not going to evo so i have to live vicariously through the people who are.

I randomly clicked a couple pools for KOF looking for people I knew but couldn't find any. It's crazy that by offering up a free t-shirt they effectively juiced the pot by 3-5 thousand dollars without having to actually offer a direct pot bonus.

Any brackets stick out to you guys? One I randomly clicked has Sparkster and Dakou in the same bracket--sparkster has evo points and dakou i guess didn't get any from Shadowloo showdown
    You can have all my shine. I'll give you the light.
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 303
    Some of the ones that I found for KOF:

Jeremy: A32 - one Mexican, one Singaporean
    Essex: A39 - one korean killer from cafeid
    LazieFreddy: B39 - Jozhear, Weirdoneo, one killer from Chile, one Japanese, and #29 ranked player

Looks like it might be difficult for me to make it out of pool

Notable pools:
    D41: Xiaohai and Mad_Kof.... how the hell did xiaohai not get any evo points?

p.s. Blackout: I'm gonna hit you up with some Leona practice.... Jozhear is a Leona player.
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
  • MegaIsaac XMegaIsaac X I am off this like psn was for 2 weeks Joined: Posts: 392
    Beau has the easiest pool in AE sako and Hugo101 will stand no chance against the greatness that is MIX Beaudude

as for me i have lpn and rico suave in my ae pool, for kof i have a dude from singapore, a korean, some dude from chile and dieminion, in marvel there is knives, and in sfxt me and kenny have to play against clakey d's team and noel's team
  • BlooddrunkBlooddrunk Guy Guru Joined: Posts: 3,244
    Aaron even though you arent coming Sunday, are Jeremy and Jerrick going to attend?
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • CGM NaniwaTigerCGM NaniwaTiger Contract fulfilled.... Joined: Posts: 391
    My pools are:
    AE: D19
    KOF: E37
    XTekken: H25
    MK9: J19

Get hype.
    Ultra:Ryu, Poison Alpha3:Ryu Injustice: Deathstroke Super Turbo: Ryu
    not sure what game to grind out tonight but im feeling some AE right now
    not sure what game to grind out tonight but im feeling some AE right now
    Walter I was planning on coming this past weekend but just had some money issues. I will say that Game Etc. has done nothing to encourage me to make small sacrifices when my money is tight. I may come Sunday, it really depends on what I have going on.
  • needles09needles09 No perfect, Moral victory. Joined: Posts: 647
    Aaron even though you arent coming Sunday, are Jeremy and Jerrick going to attend?
    I'll ask on wednesday, but I'm sure Jerrick will pop in here before then and spout off some non-sense.
    I will say that Game Etc. has done nothing to encourage me to make small sacrifices when my money is tight.

Can you elaborate on this?
    I'll ask on wednesday, but I'm sure Jerrick will pop in here before then and spout off some non-sense.

I want that Ness vs Lucas.. but we need a suitable TV.

Also good luck to Freddie, Beau and Issac.

And Xian, Ryan Hart and Kindevu in the same pool for AE.

Also BigRob has an unlucky pool.. with Kiyomatsu in there.

And Walter is in E4 your pool doesn't look all that bad.
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • BigRob50calBigRob50cal I'm Back GMN!! Joined: Posts: 8
    Just going to have fun and maybe take 1 round from someone!!!! LoL

AE: E6
    KOF: B41
    SxT: H25
  • RashikalRashikal Joined: Posts: 272
    good luck everyone going to evo! win your pool freddy!!!
  • Blackout 2021Blackout 2021 Now, Let's count up your sins. Joined: Posts: 468
    First and foremost I'd like to say when I was going through my Kof pools I saw Isaac and just got mad. Though I have to thank him for contributing to the prize pool. I'm in pool H34 for Kof and sure enough my first round match is against Floe. But I'm not sure he even plays Kof and might have just entered for the shirt.

Also me and jeremy will be heading up to gaming etc on Sunday so expect to see us in some Kof. I'll show you guys what I learned from the Mexicans in Florida.
    And Freddy you and me can get a bunch of practice in on Sunday. I think we all need all the help we can get before EVO.

And for god's sake someone bring a wii with smash on Sunday so I can silence all these Brawl players with my superior Lucas. That goes for you too blooddrunk. Hell you might have to fight through the subordinates before you the boss Lucas. You might have to fight through my ice climbers, Wario, and Diddy Kong and then finally Lucas.
    AKA The Metal Face
    Can you elaborate on this?
    The most specific example I can give is when the cancelled the tournament on us and gave us an attitude when we asked why. The previous night I had stayed in New Haven specifically so I could have an easier time getting to Game Etc. The employees attitude toward us being there is generally terrible, I cannot think of any more specific examples but I am sure others can. I appreciate the fact that we have a place to go, play, and level up together. But like I said when I am making small personal sacrifices to be able to go, and then to be treated badly, it doesn't encourage me to want to make the effort.

Anyhow, I do plan on coming this Sunday as long as nothing comes up.
    First and foremost I'd like to say when I was going through my Kof pools I saw Isaac and just got mad. Though I have to thank him for contributing to the prize pool. I'm in pool H34 for Kof and sure enough my first round match is against Floe. But I'm not sure he even plays Kof and might have just entered for the shirt.

Also me and jeremy will be heading up to gaming etc on Sunday so expect to see us in some Kof. I'll show you guys what I learned from the Mexicans in Florida.
    And Freddy you and me can get a bunch of practice in on Sunday. I think we all need all the help we can get before EVO.

And for god's sake someone bring a wii with smash on Sunday so I can silence all these Brawl players with my superior Lucas. That goes for you too blooddrunk. Hell you might have to fight through the subordinates before you the boss Lucas. You might have to fight through my ice climbers, Wario, and Diddy Kong and then finally Lucas.

No I want Ness vs Lucas to show the dominance of who is the better PSI Kid. Otherwise I might as well get serious with Marth and Falco or muck around with Link.

Also Diddy? Jamal.. postpone your vacation.. I want to see who has the better Diddy between you two. And Rashikal should be there on Sunday.. unless you feel like coming to casuals Wednesday.. and support a TV anything folks..
    why windsor? :'( why?
  • RashikalRashikal Joined: Posts: 272
    i will be there sunday with smash but i don't have a crt to bring
    Brackets just got posted online so post up your pool assignments. I'm not going to evo so i have to live vicariously through the people who are.

I randomly clicked a couple pools for KOF looking for people I knew but couldn't find any. It's crazy that by offering up a free t-shirt they effectively juiced the pot by 3-5 thousand dollars without having to actually offer a direct pot bonus.

Any brackets stick out to you guys? One I randomly clicked has Sparkster and Dakou in the same bracket--sparkster has evo points and dakou i guess didn't get any from Shadowloo showdown
    Hey my first match is against a Chun. I know we've done the matchup a few times but she is one of the weaker characters in my matchup knowledge. Any tips for playing against her with Ryu would be appreciated.
    Pool D1 here. Only name I recognized was the seeded player in it. Goes by Nice1. He's a guy player, seeded 18th overall. Looks like I'm gonna have to step up my Guy game; if I'm lucky enough to get that far, that is.
  • ASAP_ctASAP_ct Recognize. ASAP! Joined: Posts: 90
    Hey my first match is against a Chun. I know we've done the matchup a few times but she is one of the weaker characters in my matchup knowledge. Any tips for playing against her with Ryu would be appreciated.

I recommend playing the match-up real lame. Stay out of stand fierce range and throw fireballs--you'll win plasma wars because she has to hold a charge. Once you're out of stand fierce range all she can really do is sweep or hazanshu on reaction to a fireball.

Keep your fireball cadence irregular and either DP or focus attack hazanshu's on reaction. If she sweeps you can focus attack those too.

Once you get a knockdown it's pretty much over. Chun has 1 good reversal that is easily baited out or option-selected (if you want to make it difficult) and it costs 1 meter. Keep an eye on her meter and watch out for ultra 1 and you should be fine. (ie: don't cr. MK --> hadouken at max range)
    You can have all my shine. I'll give you the light.
    I recommend playing the match-up real lame. Stay out of stand fierce range and throw fireballs--you'll win plasma wars because she has to hold a charge. Once you're out of stand fierce range all she can really do is sweep or hazanshu on reaction to a fireball.

Keep your fireball cadence irregular and either DP or focus attack hazanshu's on reaction. If she sweeps you can focus attack those too.

Once you get a knockdown it's pretty much over. Chun has 1 good reversal that is easily baited out or option-selected (if you want to make it difficult) and it costs 1 meter. Keep an eye on her meter and watch out for ultra 1 and you should be fine. (ie: don't cr. MK --> hadouken at max range)

Totally true on scoring untechable knock downs. Work on your OS SRKs with diagonal jump fierce and round houses.

Also, if she jumps there's no reason she shouldn't get DP'd all day pun intended.

Thanks Paul, this is really helpful.
    well since they only put my full name and not my handle i have the element of surprise in my first match lol
  • CiggsCiggs I mean Cigars Joined: Posts: 152
    Everyone on test your might is crying about how free my pool is. Basically its Chris G, Storms and nobody else. MK has 2-3 pools of death. Anyone here play a decent Reptile at all?
    XBL: Ciggs81
    I just played the guy i play first round on xbl, garbage gouken LOL
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 303
    I think blackout should make it out of pools no problem. Floe still plays kof, but he is ass. Banana Ken retired so he is not going to evo. The only guy to watch out is Pharaon, who maintains a major kof site, but he is French, so he should be free, just blame Isaac when you lose.

Also godhand needs to be careful about Devilchipp, your first opponent. He is a solid player and he plays Fuerte, which nobody plays around here.
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster