CT Thread | Weekly Thursdays 7pm Fire & Dice Games Milford CT

Comments

• MizukiTHPSMizukiTHPS Nyan! Joined: Posts: 169
    KOF: C32
    Marvel: H3

My first KOF match is against David Kong, so I decided to focus on marvel from here on out. Also an 8 am pool for marvel sucks, and GX is in my pool, but I feel somewhat confident I will take some wins home with me.
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    I recommend playing the match-up real lame. Stay out of stand fierce range and throw fireballs--you'll win plasma wars because she has to hold a charge. Once you're out of stand fierce range all she can really do is sweep or hazanshu on reaction to a fireball.

Keep your fireball cadence irregular and either DP or focus attack hazanshu's on reaction. If she sweeps you can focus attack those too.

Once you get a knockdown it's pretty much over. Chun has 1 good reversal that is easily baited out or option-selected (if you want to make it difficult) and it costs 1 meter. Keep an eye on her meter and watch out for ultra 1 and you should be fine. (ie: don't cr. MK --> hadouken at max range)
    this is all good

also if you can see it like ASAP said you can focus hazanshu dash thru and sweep to force a hard knockdown
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
  • BlooddrunkBlooddrunk Guy Guru Joined: Posts: 3,244
    Also don't mash dp so.freely you have a tendency to do that a lot
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • RaionRaion So frayyyyyyy Joined: Posts: 965
    Hey who is going to that Boston tournament this weekend?
    DOA 5: Kokoro
    SSF4AE: Dictator, Cammy
    SCV: Pyrrha, Leixia
  • needles09needles09 No perfect, Moral victory. Joined: Posts: 647
    I don't recognize anyone in my pool :( http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/kof13_c36.html
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 303
    I don't recognize anyone in my pool :( http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/kof13_c36.html

This is good news, the pool is free.
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
  • Blackout 2021Blackout 2021 Now, Let's count up your sins. Joined: Posts: 468
    Yea I wish I had Aaron's pool. I'd run through that shit no problem. Some people catch all the brakes I swear.
    AKA The Metal Face
  • CGM NaniwaTigerCGM NaniwaTiger Contract fulfilled.... Joined: Posts: 391
    Paul any chance of you going to casuals tomorrow? I am planning on going and would love to get some hands on time with your Chun. God that sounded dirty lol. Anyhow, is there a PS3 there by chance? Just got a PS3 stick for EVO that I would like to try.
    Ultra:Ryu, Poison Alpha3:Ryu Injustice: Deathstroke Super Turbo: Ryu
    Paul any chance of you going to casuals tomorrow? I am planning on going and would love to get some hands on time with your Chun. God that sounded dirty lol. Anyhow, is there a PS3 there by chance? Just got a PS3 stick for EVO that I would like to try.

Nope solely Xbox buy Paul is always there Wednesday
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Walter, I feel your pain with the tourney turn out. CT wants a bigger scene but nobody wants to come through. You know for a fact I would have been to all of them if my work schedule didnt get all fucked up and now with my recent addition, that has taken more of my time. I have had your back since day one and will continue to do so. I want to see New Challengers become a big name in the FGC
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
  • CiggsCiggs I mean Cigars Joined: Posts: 152
    Saturday's are better than Sunday's for me personally. Also, is anyone going to the Philly tournament Saturday? I haven't heard anything about the Boston one if somebody could link to it. If theres no MK don't bother though.
    XBL: Ciggs81
  • LonesoldierLonesoldier Joined: Posts: 88
    Barcardi, I definitely want to support Gaming ETC also but i didnt go to the last 3 ranbats and all the casuals between them because I was saving for CEO 2012. Now that I am back, I need a break for a while but after EVO i'm definitely going to try to go more often. I also think that it would be a good idea for us to establish a list of people that are willing to car pool to tournaments. I think that one of the problems with the CT scene is that everyone is so far away from each other. If we can figure out who can drive who to Stratford then maybe our numbers will go up, thats just my two cent.

Games: UMVC3, SSFIV 2012, and DOA5
  • DominicanFuryDominicanFury Joined: Posts: 149
    I'm on break also because of CEO but after evo im going back to it. Yo KOF TRIALS are rediculous wtf.
  • GysbertGysbert A.k.a. Cheeseburger Joined: Posts: 978
    The trials are nothing but fancy combos that arent really practical, I wouldnt really bother with those unless you like torturing yourself.
    Props to savaii64 for the avatar!
    Some of them have use, others don't. At least it isn't the extent of SFIV Trials..
    The kof trials might be difficult and impractical, but every single one of them teaches you something like the important links, what combos, hd bybass, what juggles, etc.
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
  • RashikalRashikal Joined: Posts: 272
    i will be there today for everyone who wants to practice for evo!
  • BacardiBacardi steal this avatar Joined: Posts: 5,394 mod
    CT has events all weekend everything is tough
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newchallengersct
  • kryonikkryonik Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Caturday. Joined: Posts: 930
    ibiD6METXzEs5J.gif
    Shit, the more I look into my bracket, the more I realize how fucked I will be. The first guy I have to fight apparently is SoCal Mexican and was a top guilty gear player and entered kof only. #fml
  • Manny_OManny_O Joined: Posts: 710
    There's a tourney in Scarsdale, NY on saturday. It's not too far at all and it's closer than Boston for most.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fjun-30-2012-world-warrior-tournament-sf4ae2012-umvc3-skullgirls-scarsdale-ny.161600%2F
    There's a tourney in Scarsdale, NY on saturday. It's not too far at all and it's closer than Boston for most.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-30-2012-world-warrior-tournament-sf4ae2012-umvc3-skullgirls-scarsdale-ny.161600/

There's the Beau-B-Q
    I'm just putting it out there because somebody asked me to.
  • BacardiBacardi steal this avatar Joined: Posts: 5,394 mod
    Beau-B-Q the best!
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newchallengersct
    Real talk. Fuck beau!

i wanna go to the beau b q but boston tourney :(

run it back sometime this summer man!
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
  • g0dhandg0dhand CT Shin Sho Joined: Posts: 882
    Beau-B-Q Part 2: The Salty Shrimp 'n White Wine Runback
    :coffee:
    Beau-B-Q Part 2: Mashin Boogaloo
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
  • mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    I work until 7 on saturday but it looks like i will be attending the beau-b-q. But i am only coming for the orgy
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
  • beaududebeaudude thats pretty ratdick Joined: Posts: 139
    Real talk. Fuck beau!

i wanna go to the beau b q but boston tourney :(

run it back sometime this summer man!

yeah aiiighhhttt! haha im gonna try to have more than 1 this year. and fuck boston....place is assssss.
    I work until 7 on saturday but it looks like i will be attending the beau-b-q. But i am only coming for the orgy

justin time..........
  • EssexEssex hahaha i poast thrad Joined: Posts: 384
    Damn will is so lazy yet he is so gifted in the art of dodging. He is like a fat jackie chan that wants no trabole.

Also wtf is there to do in boston except realize youre in boston then get the fuck out of boston?
  • RaionRaion So frayyyyyyy Joined: Posts: 965
    Did I miss something? What's so bad about Boston? It's like a cleaner and more homey version NYC....
    DOA 5: Kokoro
    SSF4AE: Dictator, Cammy
    SCV: Pyrrha, Leixia
  • GysbertGysbert A.k.a. Cheeseburger Joined: Posts: 978
    Did I miss something? What's so bad about Boston? It's like a cleaner and more homey version NYC....

You clearly haven't been to Boston
    Props to savaii64 for the avatar!

Lived out there for 8 months its not that great
  • MegaIsaac XMegaIsaac X I am off this like psn was for 2 weeks Joined: Posts: 392
    Boston sucks
    SSF4:AE 2012-Cammy, Ken, Ryu, Guile, E.Honda
    UMvC3-Wolverine,Hawkeye, Zero
    SFXT-Poison,Cammy/Cammy,Ken
    Is this real life?
  • BigRob50calBigRob50cal I'm Back GMN!! Joined: Posts: 8
    Where's everyone staying at in Vegas for EvO?

Freddy and I are at the Flamingo...
  • g0dhandg0dhand CT Shin Sho Joined: Posts: 882

Beau-B-Q a.k.a. Breau-B-Balls Everywhere, and I'm definitely attending.
    :coffee:
  • kryonikkryonik Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Caturday. Joined: Posts: 930
    Where's everyone staying at in Vegas for EvO?

Freddy and I are at the Flamingo...
    We're at caesars and I think bacardi is at IP.
  • kyriptickyriptic Project-Failure.org Joined: Posts: 950
    I'm also staying at caesars
    -Project-Failure.org down till after evo/now we got no power cuz Irene./Who knows....
    -Follow us on http://www.justin.tv/projectfailure please :)
    -TheProjectfailure on youtube