TOSF:HQ - GTA's Competitive Fighting Training Grounds

Comments

• paul187paul187 Joined: Posts: 94
    Weak. I was looking forward to getting bodied at No Mercy.
  • JS MasterJS Master FREE breakfast! Joined: Posts: 1,607
    your free in AE no need to train for you....

MM?
    Can someone tell me who's the master?
  • sealhuntasealhunta Joined: Posts: 947
    Yo this place is pretty sick. Nice meeting all those marvel and AE players. I think i'll be coming here a lot from now on.

p.s. if anyone found a TTC bus pass, let me know, i lost it lol.
    Poker Results:

1. Blitzman
    2. Paul187
    3. Noodleman
    4. Buddahforce
    5. Nickcam
  • sswizzbbeatsssswizzbbeatss Joined: Posts: 687
    Poker Results:

1. Blitzman
    2. Paul187
    3. Noodleman
    4. Buddahforce
    5. Nickcam
    Yo do you have my grinder?
  • BuddahBuddah Joined: Posts: 493
    serious? poker results lol
    Yo do you have my grinder?

I left it on the counter, on the right side of the unit. Sure it's still there.
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    i respect the results because i'm in it.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • sswizzbbeatsssswizzbbeatss Joined: Posts: 687
    I left it on the counter, on the right side of the unit. Sure it's still there.
    yeah i got it thanks.
    im gonna donate it to hq
    hey, i got a question. If i buy the 6 pack for 20 dollars, can i bring a friend and that would count as 2 tickets so i would have 4 left instead of my friend paying 5 dollars for one.

also, i'm thinking of coming wednesday, will there be marvel players?
  • DarkDragonDarkDragon The MurderFace Murderer Joined: Posts: 1,367
    hey, i got a question. If i buy the 6 pack for 20 dollars, can i bring a friend and that would count as 2 tickets so i would have 4 left instead of my friend paying 5 dollars for one.

also, i'm thinking of coming wednesday, will there be marvel players?

The packages are not transferable. The only time we would consider someone running a split would be if the person won or came top in one of our mini tournaments and free entries were the prize.

Wed might not be a good idea as its a little short notice for ppl and Heroes World will be open as well.

That being said, HQ will be open on Friday for ppl to prep up for the ESC tournament on Saturday.
    "golgo 13 is like god there and all those stupid criminals nothing but mortals"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/DarkDrag0n/
    -Av Archive-
    to ur first point, okay

to ur 2nd one, i thought it was open everyday. as long as there is one person to play i would be happy. is it open and u are just unsure how many ppl will show up or is it actually going to be closed.
    to ur first point, okay

to ur 2nd one, i thought it was open everyday. as long as there is one person to play i would be happy. is it open and u are just unsure how many ppl will show up or is it actually going to be closed.

I should have edited the 1st post:
    Right now we're limited to just me opening on the weekdays. I work night shift so it can be tough on me opening and closing wise. I usually can't open till after 5/6pm and my shift may start at 9pm.

To even things out I ask ppl to post here saying what day they want to come in (usually a couple days in advance) and play to generate interest. That way I can get other HQ owners in to help out with the closing and not leave players with just a couple of hours of play with just one person.

I have no problem playing just one person (I have done it many times at HQ actually) but I rather have the players receive more playtime with different players

I'm expecting more help in the near future but for the time being, thats how it is.

If you are ok with the above I'll gladly open up if you want to play during the week (even if its just one person).

-Av Archive-
    okay, that clarifies things. I told my friend that we should just come friday. he just found out about fighting games and stuff like evo. he doesn't know about any of the lingo and shit so i know he would enjoy just watching like high level people playing marvel for a few hours and if people will be showing up friday then that is good. see u then.
  • starmine92starmine92 Joined: Posts: 279
    okay, that clarifies things. I told my friend that we should just come friday. he just found out about fighting games and stuff like evo. he doesn't know about any of the lingo and shit so i know he would enjoy just watching like high level people playing marvel for a few hours and if people will be showing up friday then that is good. see u then.
    im down to play you guys in marvel on weekdays at hq if you'd like. but usually on wednesday everyone seems to go to heroes world and that place is ttc-able so might as well go where more ppl are anyways
    "Sometimes, it doesn’t take a nerf. Sometimes, it just takes a little bit of information. That and a tampon for your weepy vagina." - Darry
  • white_rwhite_r Joined: Posts: 342
    I'll be heading to hq tonight. If anyone wanna play me in marvel, drop me a holla!
    "Street Fighter is not an obsession, it's a way of Life."
    RIP Hidey
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    I'll be heading to hq tonight. If anyone wanna play me in marvel, drop me a holla!

I will be there 6ish.
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
    im down to play you guys in marvel on weekdays at hq if you'd like. but usually on wednesday everyone seems to go to heroes world and that place is ttc-able so might as well go where more ppl are anyways
    yeah, every week my schedule is different so that is the only reason i wanted to play on that wednesday. i'm going today to play some marvel, hopefully get better. i came last friday too, i was the brown guy with relatively long hair.
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    Not to take away from HQ, but there's always Heroes World on Wednesday nights.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • ehai.ehai. Joined: Posts: 20
    friend has a brand new xbox (4gb) to get rid of for $200 if anyone is interested.
    HQ Friday...be there or die

-Av Archive-
    does hq ever open on saturday?
    "Sometimes, it doesn’t take a nerf. Sometimes, it just takes a little bit of information. That and a tampon for your weepy vagina." - Darry
    does hq ever open on saturday?
    We used to have it open all the time on sat but then there was a dive in attendance on that day and tournies are usually slotted for saturdays.
    Usually we just treat it like a weekday but more manageable more HQ staff can come out and open/close.

I'm gonna have to come up with some sort of "days of operation" schedule

-Av Archive-
  • omega_orochi423omega_orochi423 Joined: Posts: 1,051
    Stephen - did you get a chance to take a look at the numbers I sent you? Still have a few things I'd like to run by you.

Thanks!
    auVJj5
  • Tik-TokTik-Tok Joined: Posts: 141
    HQ-BBQ-2:Electric Boogaloo soon plz.
    We used to have it open all the time on sat but then there was a dive in attendance on that day and tournies are usually slotted for saturdays.
    Usually we just treat it like a weekday but more manageable more HQ staff can come out and open/close.

I'm gonna have to come up with some sort of "days of operation" schedule
    ohh so its possible to open hq on saturdays at a earlier time during teh afternoon if enough ppl go?
    ohh so its possible to open hq on saturdays at a earlier time during teh afternoon if enough ppl go?
    Yes, just not too early tho..u know how late we usually stay at HQ on fridays :)

Due to players going to Summer Jam this weekend, HQ will be open on thursday and friday for that last min preparation.

Come on out and support our troops!

-Av Archive-
    what time thursday will you open?
    Ill open up at 6

-Av Archive-
    is hq is open tomorrow?
    HQ is always open in Fridays unless we post otherwise.

-Av Archive-
  • s0lid_snake_mgs4s0lid_snake_mgs4 Joined: Posts: 322
    Do most pp still play ae or is everyone playing mvc3 and 3s now?
    Do most pp still play ae or is everyone playing mvc3 and 3s now?
    I'd say its split even with ae/mvc3. We usually have a 3s setup running and it gets some play.

-Av Archive-
  • billot_logbillot_log Joined: Posts: 23
    Any chance of HQ opening on sunday? ;3
    A&C | TOSFHQ.JimmyFierce
    Any chance of HQ opening on sunday? ;3
    or labour day monday? (not saying i can absolutely go, just putting it out there since most people are off
    Sorry HQ will not be open on Monday

-Av Archive-
    Sorry HQ will not be open on Monday

On another note,

We would like to welcome YRSF-Raynex who is now part of HQ staff.
    As many of you know, Bernard is known for his excellent Smash & SSF4 skills.
    With Bernard helping out, we will have more open days during the week. Since he is a student, his schedule will change from time to time.
    Whenever Bernard has a chance to open HQ he will drop a post here a few days in advance for people looking for some casuals.
    Like smash?, we do have a GC on hand and Bernard has no problem running a smash night.

I you're interested in playing a top notch player who has Ehai-like knowledge of games, be on the lookout.

-Av Archive-
  • FinalFighter87FinalFighter87 Joined: Posts: 116
    whens the next bbq? Soon it might be to late.
    On another note,

We would like to welcome YRSF-Raynex who is now part of HQ staff.
    As many of you know, Bernard is known for his excellent Smash & SSF4 skills.
    With Bernard helping out, we will have more open days during the week. Since he is a student, his schedule will change from time to time.
    Whenever Bernard has a chance to open HQ he will drop a post here a few days in advance for people looking for some casuals.
    Like smash?, we do have a GC on hand and Bernard has no problem running a smash night.

I you're interested in playing a top notch player who has Ehai-like knowledge of games, be on the lookout.

Good stuff guys!
    auVJj5
    is anyone free to open up/show up to hq to play some marvel tmr?
    hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that I will be heading to the HQ friday night, and if we get a set of wheels Ill be bringing Joosee and Schnelletor the other members of Hidden Hamilton we are looking to polish our skills in ae n 3s, I am eager to meet some of Ontarios finest, see everyone there.
    is anyone free to open up/show up to hq to play some marvel tmr?
    i should be there for marvel. usually there is always a few ppl down for marvel
    Big thanks to Drekken and the Secret hamilton crew for making it out last night. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Just a heads up to all, HQ will be open today. Sorry for the short notice

P.S. if anyone has spare buttons please let me know.

-Av Archive-
  • Tofu WarriorTofu Warrior Today is close Joined: Posts: 1,149
    I'll be showing up today with a friend, looking to get some MvC3 games in.
    Big thanks to Drekken and the Secret hamilton crew for making it out last night. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Just a heads up to all, HQ will be open today. Sorry for the short notice

P.S. if anyone has spare buttons please let me know.

PM me regarding what you need parts wise.
    auVJj5
    I had a great time at the Toronto HQ, it was fun getting bodied! Too bad we couldn't stay longer but old man Drekken was getting tired XD, and my lady friend was starting to get ancy. So we had to go, but I will be showing up there alot more, hopefully if I get into George Brown I can drop in regularly after December.
    No doubt about it Toronto HQ is a hyperbolic time chamber, and I look forward to getting to level up my game.
    Just letting everyone know that HQ will not be open today, but will be open on Saturday.

Thanks

-Av Archive-
    Just letting everyone know that HQ will not be open today, but will be open on Saturday.

Thanks
    will it be open same time or earlier?
    Same time.
    Eric Hai will be opening HQ today and will be there till at least 8

-Av Archive-
    In Preparation for T12, HQ will be open for few extra days this week. YRSF-Raynex will leave a post on the open days

-Av Archive-