West Palm Beach County Thread-New and Welcoming

ForgetfulFrenchieForgetfulFrenchie No ChargeJoined: Posts: 179
Hi everyone, I have been looking for competition all around hoping for some local competition. I live in Jupiter where I can't find any competition. I have found a local Play-n-Trade that we might be able to use or we could find a local destination we could play. So please post your general location and hit me up if you want to play. This is also for everyone to try and make a local scene In this general area. I am also purchasing soon some streaming equipment so if we ever have a scene I would be able to stream it.

Play-n-Trade:11290 Legacy Ave Suite 130
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
(561) 804-7683
or On Fridays Causals at Wellington Green Mall
10300 W Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL
(561) 793-0148

Upcoming Tourneys
Back to Basics 26: Unfinished Business

Time

Saturday, August 13 · 1:00pm - 9:00pm

Gorilla Games

10300 W. Forest Hill Blvd. Suite #289
Wellington, FL

Created By

More Info

I got a confirmation from the Store Manager for this event! This event will feature SSF4AE, MvC3 and MK9. More info coming soon!
Go to http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194470227273346 for more info

XBL
ForgetfulFrenchie-GxThunda
Ins4n3-Aninj4turtl3
PSN
Mike Ross Formula:Win=Sentinel^X-Factor

Comments

• CEO of DarknessCEO of Darkness Seeker of knowledge Joined: Posts: 132
    West Palm Beach is a big area but it has proven to not be able to sustain a community around here so it ain't got no thread. not tryin to be mean but i live here and thats what it is. Ft Lauderdale thread i the closest to us so we have to post there. Bobsmack also says it the Thread named
    READ THIS THREAD BEFORE starting a thread about ANYTHING. At ALL. We're NOT KIDDING.

Just letting ya know
    FIGHTING GAMES! come to west palm when you wanna retire.
  • ForgetfulFrenchieForgetfulFrenchie No Charge Joined: Posts: 179
    Um you didn't see my post in there, I posted a good amount of times tried to get some answers but people just want to talk about Anime in there so I chose to make a new thread the mod said it was ok. Plus it was never proven that someone can't have a community here thats just silly. A community can be anywhere If enough people try hard enough.
    You talkin to me the guy who still tryin like you know what i do? I'm here with Will still tryin to help the scene supporting tourny's anyway i can and tryin to get people together to play anything. been here since ps1, n64, dreamcast with Will supporting and its still going nowhere. I'm mostly talkin about why we never had our own thread, i've watched people make one maybe 5 times all deleted. I watched Port St Lucie lose theirs. But i'm still here and insulting their thread is not the way to help anything. They didn't answer you because they had nothing to help you with, if they talk about anime thats their business.
    This is matchmaking threads I tried to ask questions and ignored me with talk about Naruto and they did it multiple times I just got tried of it, hey if you live in WBP and so do I why can't we play MK9 together hell all I kinda want is like 2 or 3 people to play against to be honest
    When in rome do as the romans do. They talk about other shit but they have days and always meet up thats why they have a nice community, and why i'm more in theirs than in our own cause they got one and we don't. Most of the other threads talk about other stuff as well as meet up, friends do that kinda stuff. But thats already making us look bad we insulting other area's and such. Will has casual nights at Gorilla Games On friday maybe around 5 till close and i'm ususally there. I'm off mondays and tuesdays and i work nights, i'm always in FT lauderdale on mondays since i more play tekken than any other fighter, but do play others
    could you give me the address for Gorilla games
    its in the wellington green mall. Might have to google it but should be an easy find
    I might show up one friday depends on my schedule, you guys play mk9 there right? My name is Garrett by the way
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Host an mvc3 tourney. I'll bring people up every month.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
    Ya i will ask the PlaynTrade if we can hold a tourney there must likely it would be SSF4:AE/MvC3/MK9 and around mid to end summer I will most likely be getting streaming equipment so thats a plus and CEO I need some details about Wellington, 1st is MK9 there, 2nd what console, and 3rd Is it every Friday including this one tomorrow and what time does it normally start. By the way i'm 16 so ya just saying I do have income coming in so hope that helps
    We have whatever we want there, so everything, Tekken is my main game i play, but i do play MK9 and i'm practicing up in AE right now. I used to play Blazblue as well but that fell off so had to move on. PS3 is our console but Will has good converters to use 360 wired controllers and sticks on ps3. Most likely every friday we try to meet up there and i said in my other post when. 5pm till close which is 9pm. Monday's i'm usually in Ft lauderdale at zero ping, that is currently the best place to go to practice fighters but be warned, they are capcom heads. You won't be playing much MK there, and i'm lucky we got really good tekken players down there.
    I'll see if I can come tomorrow to the mall and ask Will if he could bring a converter, I have my modded SE Stick that I play on and I see you there if I show up do you want me to bring anything like a MK9 Disc?
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    West Palm Beach is a big area but it has proven to not be able to sustain a community around here so it ain't got no thread. not tryin to be mean but i live here and thats what it is. Ft Lauderdale thread i the closest to us so we have to post there. Bobsmack also says it the Thread named
    READ THIS THREAD BEFORE starting a thread about ANYTHING. At ALL. We're NOT KIDDING.

Just letting ya know

Heh, good lookin' out. I told him it was cool though - the idea is obviously to get more people in, and now that the new forum layout is here, we might have room for more specialized threads.
  • DietDiet Garbage Day Joined: Posts: 1,287
    I'm in royal palm but I only really play mvc2,mvc3 and SF. So if youre only lookin for mk9 and tekken type games I cant help ya out.

CEO - do you guys setup for marvel or SF also? I might head out to get some games in if theres people for them.
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Ya scene making alright lol, but ya I haven't played MvC3 in awhile but if we can get a good thing with local play here maybe I'll pick up the game again with a little more enthusiasm. CEO did say he was practicing AE so most likely I would presume that they would have it
    sorry for the double post but sadly I cant make it this friday but hopefully I can make it to the next one
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    sorry for the double post but sadly I cant make it this friday but hopefully I can make it to the next one
    Like I said in the FTL Thread: If you're looking for offline competition, you have to play what the people play -_-; Most of the tournaments are AE, MvC3 and Smash right now; maybe some BlazBlue and Naruto from Will's efforts but that's about it. MK9 tournament? Probably not going to see a lot of people showing up to that one :xeye:

Obligatory Pic: http://dailyhighfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/napoleon.jpg
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    We have marvel players so u can get some games with those guys. But there is no central hub for palm beach county so gorilla games is the closest thing. Whatever you play bring it, like bobsmack said the goal is to try to get people in. All the players I know don't even know about this thread lol
    Well i feel like you could really start something here so tell everyone about it. It seems like Wellington is a good medium for WPB its around the middle of it so ya lets get something going.
  • JustresJustres Joined: Posts: 30
    Yo Frenchie where exactly do you live in WPB? I live in Palm Beach Gardens next to Dwyer High School if you know where that is. Jupiter is like 5 minutes from me.

O the play n Trade you're talking about is literally 5 minutes from me. I think we might live pretty close. I play MvC3 and im starting to play AE.
    -Ret 4 Lyfe-
  • DegDeg Joined: Posts: 1
    The Wellington Mall is a very promising location. I really don't understand why more people don't come to Will's tournaments, he runs them very smoothly and has the experience for over 5 years now. Especially lately, they've had some real good competition for every game (including, MvC3, MK9, SSF4). Just need more people to care and start coming more often!
    Will was running tourny's at gamestop in boynton where he worked since N64, ps1, Dreamcast era so maybe since 1998 till now. So could be around 13 years lol
    Damn is shit startin to pick up here.
    Yo Frenchie where exactly do you live in WPB? I live in Palm Beach Gardens next to Dwyer High School if you know where that is. Jupiter is like 5 minutes from me.

O the play n Trade you're talking about is literally 5 minutes from me. I think we might live pretty close. I play MvC3 and im starting to play AE.
    You know the Juno Pier right around there man and CEO theres a very high chance I could come this friday
    Bro i live literally 5 mins from Juno Pier. Do you play MvC3 or AE? We should set somethin up.

Does Will usually host tournaments at Wellington Mall? If so where does he post them so i can keep up with them.
    -Ret 4 Lyfe-
    The Wellington Mall is a very promising location. I really don't understand why more people don't come to Will's tournaments, he runs them very smoothly and has the experience for over 5 years now. Especially lately, they've had some real good competition for every game (including, MvC3, MK9, SSF4). Just need more people to care and start coming more often!
    when are these tournaments held? im right next to the mall over in RPB
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Will has a facebook fan page where he gives all the info on his tourny's. https://www.facebook.com/SuperWillvo?ref=ts

The next Tourny is July 9th, more info should be on the way
    Bro i live literally 5 mins from Juno Pier. Do you play MvC3 or AE? We should set somethin up.

Does Will usually host tournaments at Wellington Mall? If so where does he post them so i can keep up with them.
    I used to play both well not AE SSF4 I recently have just been play MK9 but I can get back into those 2 if you pick up MK9
    text me bro my number is 561-768-1510 and my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/garrett.abrahamsen
  • Cito48Cito48 Joined: Posts: 425
    ill show up to the next time you set a date i missed the last one they had at gorilla games i wouldnt mind going to the one in wellington i like right down the street.ill def go to the tourney
    I can't make it to the one at the ninth I am leaving for Conn. On the sixth but I might be there for Fridays casuals and CEO do you think you will have Skarlet downloaded for this Fridays casuals for MK9 or do you want me to bring some PSN points?
    Ay for this friday will there be MvC3? I can bring a setup np.

Cito you should come this friday.
    -Ret 4 Lyfe-
    Is there good internet at Gorilla Games, and does anyone have any streaming equipment because I'm willing to contribute if we can get a stream going for Casuals and tourneys?
    Will has all that shit covered for streaming. Hit up his facebook page and ask questions, i'm gonna ask him to post up in here so he can let you know what he bringing to the table
    I'll head out this friday, it is BYOC i presume?
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Always
    I'll head out this friday, it is BYOC i presume?

Bring your own what? And CEO do you want me to bring PSN Points for Skarlet on a PS3 up there or do you have that covered, plus just need a convertor I remember you said Will had some but I'm just checking
    Bring Your Own Controller
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Well I hope I can make it, really want to get good MK9 matches but I need to get back into MvC3 and AE
    Edit:Added tourney info to first post plus I got Skarlet and she is awesome just need to learn her more
  • Cito48Cito48 Joined: Posts: 425
    Aight Ill come friday i can make it there around 6pm Does anyone know how to dual mod a 360 TE? Also my bro plays on pad does anyone have one of those converters?

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    Aight Ill come friday i can make it there around 6pm Does anyone know how to dual mod a 360 TE? Also my bro plays on pad does anyone have one of those converters?

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    well you don't need to dual mod your stick he does have converters there for your stick and pads I mean if it isn't wireless
    well that sucks, im going to be in illinois on the 9th. :/ oh well gl people
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Will got the coverters, will got monitors evo uses, will got the converters, will will have the dlc. Will got this shit on lock!
    Dam Wills got everything on lock down sorry I doubted him. But hey how many people normally turn up for these things cause we got around 5-9ish people coming just from this forum
  • Negro JusticeNegro Justice Hate. Joined: Posts: 1,980

Hello again peeps. i just wanted to stop through and leave a quick reminder about MWC and SBO Qualifiers this weekend. It is being held in TN for the first time this year and will be run by tourney vet Jason Wilson. Tourney info:
    Tourney thread is here: (http://shoryuken.com/f7/mwc-sbo-japanese-qual-super-turbo-jun-24-26-fri-sat-sun-nashville-tn-sfae-mvc3-mk9-261348/). I am posting this all over the regional threads so if you are interested/have questions contact me via any of the following methods as it would be nigh impossible to keep up with all of them and I want to make sure I get you all the info you need promptly:

-Post in current TN thread (It's in Atlantic South)
    -Post in MWC tourney thread
    -PM
    -Facebook - (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=52704177). I'll get you an invite to the event page (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175114935870543) as well. Info and updates will be posted there.
    A Million Watts of Power.
    I'm not a killer but some-a y'all gotta be killed, this ain't the lottery chill / Anthropology still couldn't analyze my pottery...STILL - Kool A.D.
    At what time should we show up?
    -Ret 4 Lyfe-
    At what time should we show up?
    Are you talking about the SBO thing which is in Tennessee I think, or the casuals which is 5 to 9
    how does casuals work over at gorilla games? do people bring setups, or are they supplied, ps3 or xbox?
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    I might try to come out to show some support. And show you guys some weskurzzzz
  • GualaBaby6GualaBaby6 Your Mothers Favorite Joined: Posts: 51
    yall wait until i move from palm beach to start a thread..sigh..ill still come to support will tourneys tho.
    how does casuals work over at gorilla games? do people bring setups, or are they supplied, ps3 or xbox?
    I think its ps3 but I dont know about setups it is a game store but I'm not sure