AEMAKOTO Guide and Q&A: Ask all your questions here!

Comments

• Jay MJay M PuertoRicanStyL Joined: Posts: 139
    And so I'm going to assume that a Hayate with a simple, normal button press without holding it is a level 1 Hayate.. Is that right?
    Late, but still on time.
  • Godly-EffectGodly-Effect Godly D. Wolfwood Joined: Posts: 397
    Just pressing the punch button will give you a level one Hayate yes.

I also use HP + MK for Hayate cancels in FFS combos.
    GT: GodlyEffect
    Awesome, thanks!
    Late, but still on time.
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,272
    Hi guys, I'm trying to make a statistic regarding combos (all characters) and I need a little help. I need 2 combos per character:
    - Best BnB combo
    - Best punish combo
    You can use max 3 bars, but it must work midscreen, on at least half the cast, at least standing, and it should be practical. No jump in/counterhit/Ultra/Super. Thank you

• holbroalholbroal Joined: Posts: 205
    Anyone know of any safe jump setups after HP Oroshi? After looking at frame data, maybe crouch HK?
  • TheKaiten7TheKaiten7 Joined: Posts: 1,829
    take a look at my optimized combos list emanual.
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,272
    edited July 2013
    I've seen your thread, Kaiten, great stuff, but everything is character specific. I'm looking for something that works on at least half of the cast. Could you help me a little ? The amount of combos Makoto has is crazy, haha.

@Prof: why exactly did you flag my post as off topic ? The title of this thread says "ask all your questions here" , and I asked about Makoto's bnb's. How exactly is this off topic ?
    Post edited by Emanuelb on

• ProfProf Fresh Joined: Posts: 2,029
    edited July 2013
    that post isn't off topic. I must have done it by accident. Unflagged. <3

edit: oh come on. I'm obviously joking with him. edited again to mot hurt feelerz
    Post edited by Prof on
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,284
    Emanuelb wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm trying to make a statistic regarding combos (all characters) and I need a little help. I need 2 combos per character:
    - Best BnB combo
    - Best punish combo
    You can use max 3 bars, but it must work midscreen, on at least half the cast, at least standing, and it should be practical. No jump in/counterhit/Ultra/Super. Thank you

BnB: with karakusa= karakusa,st.HPxxHayate Cancel,st.MPxxHayate EX (or Oroshi EX),236dmg. Even with EX Oroshi the damage remain the same,but not the stun (with Oroshi the stun is higher,500);
    without karakusa=cr.lp,st.lp,st.MpxxMP Hayate/EX Hayate/EX Oroshi,around 182dmg

Punish: FA Lv3,Fukiage x2,EX Tsurugi= 371 dmg/572stun,in corner Tsurugi MK,st.HPxxEX Hayate,LP Fukiage,EX Tsurugi=435dmg/704stun
  • okkoe11evenokkoe11even Joined: Posts: 49
    is there a safe jump for the ultra 1?
  • the mossad manthe mossad man EVIL MAKOTO Joined: Posts: 1,467
    Yes. There are several. Here are 2 common ones:

Dash, F+MK, JMK
    MP Fukiage, JMK
    "I call this the lowest common denominator theory"..." you want to do as little as possible necessary to still win. And rather than an embarrassment, this is a major skill."

S.Kill
    Yes. There are several. Here are 2 common ones:

Dash, F+MK, JMK
    MP Fukiage, JMK

Sorry. Both are 4F Safe Jumps
    "I call this the lowest common denominator theory"..." you want to do as little as possible necessary to still win. And rather than an embarrassment, this is a major skill."

S.Kill
  • EtherealwtfEtherealwtf Joined: Posts: 497
    - forward jump ~ failed tsurugi (too late), then vertical jump is also a 4f safe jump.
    no 3f safe jumps? O:
  • CaptainBObCaptainBOb Joined: Posts: 143
    no 3f safe jumps? O:

3f safe jumps doesnt exist in SF4 (except in some rare setups, based on hitbox/distance funkiness) since you need 4 frames to recover after a jumping normal attack.
  • NutsNuts Old-school gamer Joined: Posts: 485
    no 3f safe jumps? O:

Well, there is a 3f safe jump...kinda.

EX Oroshi -> HK -> neutral jump (descending) HK

the distance with this set-up allows you to block the 4th frame of a 3f SRK. Knowledgeable players know where the active frames of their SRKs land, but you'd be surprised how often this works. I typically use it against mid/low Ryu/Kens who think relying on SRKs solve all their problems when facing pressure.

Can you guys tell me if HP Oroshi and EX Oroshi are the same? for the knockdown
    nope. i believe hp has a longer knockdown iirc.
    is it useful then? xD can i do the same safe jumps of EX Oroshi or there are specific ones for it?
    Safe jump for HP Oroshi is fMK, jMK/HK. 4 frame safe jump

S.Kill
  • onemiconemic FGC scrub Joined: Posts: 460
    Just wondering, would playing Makoto in 3S help improve my fundamentals for playing her in AE like Deejay? Or is it like Yun, where the character is almost completely different? I've found that even though I can do combos and stuff, fundamentally my Mak is very weak. My ability to get in is severely lacking and usually I soak up so much damage trying to get in, it's gotten to the point that I play very passively every single round rather than aggressive, because I'm afraid of committing to a dash. My ability to mixup and make opponents press buttons to catch them in Mak's stuff is also almost non existent as well.

edited July 2013
    i don't think playing 3rd strike will help you that much. theres different things you can take advantage of in the game that she can't rely on in 4. it just sounds to me you need to work on an on/off switch. watch some of haitani's matches from this years evo as imo those are the best examples of him turnig her on(giggity) then turning her off(awwww). even when he's off he's moving, dashing in and out of certain ranges, and keeping the opponent guessing if they are in a safe range or not. just absorb those matches, try to understand 'why' he does a dash at this range or that, there is a lot of info in them.

on a side note guys the safe lp on honda after ex oroshi (dash,j.hk,lp) works after backthrow too. just do an lp fuki then lp. it blocks all his reversals.
    edited July 2013
    can someone please explain me how people do ultra1 after doing some jabs (c.lp, st.lp, st.lp)
    are they meatie? any tips?
    they are meaty and only work on certain characters. in situations that you "could" use them there is usually an easier and more damaging way to land the ultra.

does anyone know what the fastest frame someone can mash out of dizzy us?
  • kraalkraal Joined: Posts: 548
    edited July 2013
    can someone please explain me how people do ultra1 after doing some jabs (c.lp, st.lp, st.lp)
    are they meatie? any tips?
    Some characters are pushed back after s.lp so the 1st active frame(s ?) of st.lp whiffs, then they reel and the remaining active frames hit, shifting the hitstun for more frame advantage. A reeling meaty if you will.
    This isn't gameplay related.. But does anyone know how old Makoto is supposed to be? I tried Googling it, and couldn't come across anything about her age. Just that she was born on July 1st.

She's supposed to be a kid right? Like 15-17 or something like that?
    Late, but still on time.
  • NutsNuts Old-school gamer Joined: Posts: 485
    Jay M wrote: »
    This isn't gameplay related.. But does anyone know how old Makoto is supposed to be? I tried Googling it, and couldn't come across anything about her age. Just that she was born on July 1st.

She's supposed to be a kid right? Like 15-17 or something like that?

Yup. She's part of the japanese obsession with schoolgirls.

• kraalkraal Joined: Posts: 548
    Supposedly they hit hard.
    According to the Capcom Database, Makot was born on July 1st, 1983. So at the time of 3s she was 16 years old.

Now, SF4 is set in between SF2 (1991) AND SF3 (1999). Since SF Alpha (1995-1998) characters are in SF4, I'm gonna take the liberty to assume that SF4 PREDATES the alpha series as well given that there are fewer characters and relationships that exist in Alpha that do not exist in SF4.

So that sets SF4 between 1991-1995, and Makoto age between 8 and 12. I lean toward 12.

S.Kill
    There are holes in my argument, I'd like to point out. Some say that the alpha series actually predates SF2. It doesn't change the years for Makoto since she wasn't in the games. My assumptions are based on real time, not the storyline... So it may not be accurate. There are just so many breaks in the story.

S.Kill
  • gengen EX3 veteran Joined: Posts: 705
    well, overall it's a fighting game and they put whoever they want. lol capcom doesn't care about the story or timeline lol
    if we must, then she is some kind of martial arts genius to fight in a tournament with these type of fighters at her age!
    edited July 2013
    She does seem pretty young in the cut scenes in her story mode. I also found some stuff about her being in the same grade n class as Ibuki. So she's probably 17 (Since in SF4, Ibuki is supposed to be in her last year of highschool?..). She's only 5'3 so that makes her look younger. That story is from "Street Fighter Legends Ibuki". A comic or somethin. You can find the whole thing on Youtube. It's pretty good! Apperently, Elena is younger than both of em o_O

Or read the brief story here (for anyone that cares),
    http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Makoto

And lol @ the schoolgirl obsession. I didn't see that coming seeing as she's so tomboyish. But I guess it makes some sense since one of her Alt. costumes is a schoolgirl fit.

Thanks for the replies yall. I just like knowing the lil backstory on the characters I use. And I think I got it now. Appreciate it.
    Post edited by Jay M on
    Late, but still on time.
    How much of a frame advantage (if any) does she have after her headbutt throw?
    Late, but still on time.
    How much of a frame advantage (if any) does she have after her headbutt throw?
    According to SRK wiki, +1. Not much, seeing how far she ends up from her opponent.

edited July 2013
    Ahh ok. Thanks.

Is this not the latest place for frame data?
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Makoto

I tried finding it there before I asked/posted, but didn't see the frame info on it. Maybe I over looked it. But I still don't see it :p
    Late, but still on time.
    Ahh ok. Thanks.

Is this not the latest place for frame data?
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Makoto

I tried finding it there before I asked/posted, but didn't see the frame info on it. Maybe I over looked it. But I still don't see it :p

Yet it's there, you may have overlooked it, Ctrl-F "Forward Throw" and you'll find it.
    I see it now. It's right under/after the focus attacks. I just read em as "Focus Attack 1, 2, blah blah" lol. That's why I missed it.

Thanks again man.
    Late, but still on time.
  • wirestylewirestyle Do stuff into other stuff Joined: Posts: 429
    I see it now. It's right under/after the focus attacks. I just read em as "Focus Attack 1, 2, blah blah" lol. That's why I missed it.

Thanks again man.

Her forward throw is arguably good in very specific scenarios, typically for its high stun. Just fyi if you're trying to research reasons to use it.

"Mind games don't work on players without functioning synapses" - Killer_Jigglypuff
    Awesome. Thanks for the info..
    Late, but still on time.
    edited July 2013
    I have another frame question. I apologize in advance if it's there and I don't see it.

Her advantage and disadvantage for her Air Tsurugi doesn't seem to be there. What's or where's the data on that?

And thanks again for the note on her forward throw being good for inflicting stun damage. I didn't even consider looking at that. About a week ago, I noticed her EX Oroshi does more stun than a EX h-Hayate. Started using that a little more after a standing fierce. I was watching videos and was wondering why people chose that instead of pushing em into the corner.
    Late, but still on time.