Ibuki Player Guide (book)

IzunaIzuna MonsieurJoined: Posts: 1,881
edited February 2013 in Ibuki
4f3a269693d36d227d1303001.jpg

Download the FREE book for Unblockable set-ups; Kazegiri follow-ups; Frame-data; MORE Advanced Combos; Yoroitoshi applications; punishing with Ultra Combos; and many, many more.

The 40-minute video accompanying the guide has been re-uploaded to another channel:

The guide was officially released on CrossCounter LIVE Feb15 2010
Spoiler:

---- Rev.2 has been taken down.
Post edited by Izuna on
·

Comments

• Fore God ViiFore God Vii Level 2 Member Joined: Posts: 475
    YEA I'm In the special thanks section, That's whats up. Other than that good overall guide. =) "remember those makoto mirror matches?" lol
    XBL: CaptainxClas A.K.A ITSHiCLASYO, Fore God VII
    PSN: ItsHiClasYo Youtube: www.youtube.com/CapTnClas
    PK Salt
    ·
  • RahontsiiosthaRahontsiiostha Shinobi Joined: Posts: 537
    just thought you should edit the typo on the neckbreaker input. it is hcf not qcf.
    {SSF4: Ibuki }{ MK9: Kabal/Skarlet}
    Handle pronouced: "la-hoon-g-os-ta"
    ·
  • GunBusterGunBuster Joined: Posts: 155
    Thanks for the guidebook Izuna! this has great reference info!
    ·
  • IzunaIzuna Monsieur Joined: Posts: 1,881
    Thanks, glad you guys like it.
    ·
  • TrickRTreatTrickRTreat Joined: Posts: 28
    Wow this is fantastic
    ·
  • ziofuziofu Joined: Posts: 16
    Nice guide.
    Thanks
    ·
  • AQUA-PURAAQUA-PURA @theasianloner Joined: Posts: 1,633
    You should most probably put on there that f-lk combos into any Tsumuji when it's counter hit, good for little frame traps and block strings but I'm not even sure if a lot of people know that.
    "DingDangDoom... BITCH MAKE ROOM!" - DDD
    ·
    I'll make an updated version when I get back next week =) Any more suggestions please add them, thanks again!
    ·
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471 ✭✭
    Perhaps a detailed analysis on Ibuki's normal moveset? Explaining her command normals and specials is good, but you're forgetting her regular normal moves which every Ibuki will be using almost all the time.
    ·
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    pictures of the ideal range of normals. Ex. a place where B-Mp anti airs, where c. Hp anti airs...etc
    -SSF4AE: Sagat and Honda (Slam troll)
    ·
  • IzludeXIzludeX Sneaker Ninja Apprentice Joined: Posts: 25
    Uploaded this to my phone to read during downtime. Thanks!
    ·
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471 ✭✭
    Is this a closed source project or can others help contribute to your guides?
    ·
    It wouldn't make sense if it was. In order to be as good of a guide it can possibly be, help is pretty much necessary.
    ·
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your fencing victory! Thanks for you're contributions *cheers*
    -SSF4AE: Sagat and Honda (Slam troll)
    ·
  • GenistarGenistar BLARG! Joined: Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭
    I just read this entire guide. It's very useful. nice job!
    USF4: *Main* Elena *Subs* Rose/Poison
    Persona 4: Chie,Naoto
    VF5FS: Sarah
    ·
  • shmickmikshmickmik Joined: Posts: 11
    Wow man.. i really appreciate the amount of effort that you have put into this free guide :)

I can't wait for this updated version :P

Thanks again :)
    ·
  • Pure DeusPure Deus Ibuki Beginner Joined: Posts: 3
    Congratz on winning the fencing.
    ·
    Hey :P I just upped my 1st.. well second video to youtube with my capture card of the final sako combo (the last combo highlighted in red under the 'Combo's and Challenges' section :P )

There is a second combo which is the same as the first, but this time i try and add a few extra attacks here and there which adds to the flash factor of Ibuki's long ass combo's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIOS0oJ0FRw
    ·
    YO! That is so awesome, you're gunna be featured for sure =)
    ·
    Sweet :D Thanks man.. i wasn't sure exactly how the super was meant to hit in the end because i couldn't find this combo anywhere :S

I'm sure if Abel was in there in place of Bipson you could add a few more hits into a SJC U2... somehow. That would look pretty sick actually ... i might much around with it tonight lol

But yeah keep up the good work man.. in all honesty.. your guide impressed me enough to actually give her a go for once. All the information is easy to read and the presentation is something you would expect in a game guide :P

I have only been using her for about a week.. maybe 2 so i am realllly bad when it comes to actually matches. I take out all my frustration on the training dummy's lol
    ·
    Yeah there are harder combos to do, but I find movement execution to be more impressive than 1-frame links all over the place haha. It's good to know you find [the guide] easy to read. I've got plans for the revision, so I hope it only gets better.

Perhaps when I'm done, I'll talk to V-Ryu and ask him whether or not he would help with a Makoto version. =)
    ·
    You could have your own little "Cross Counter presents : *******" PDF series going on :P
    ·
  • FirecottonFirecotton kick ass!!1one Joined: Posts: 213
    Good stuff, nothing new, but it should really help people picking her up.
    Our Ibuki mirrors a few hours back were fun btw.
    Keep it up.
    BB: Hazama
    P4: Akihiko
    GG: Sin
    ·
    Puuu~ It should be up pretty soon. I'm proof-reading this time don't worry! Writing Ibuki Trivia is insanely difficult, geez.
    ·
  • Snuggle_WalrusSnuggle_Walrus Ninja in training Joined: Posts: 180
    Really looking forward to the new guide thanks for putting all the work in it really helped me get SJC's down (thou i still cant do it in a real match which is annoying :/ )
    SSF4:AE - Ibuki / Cammy
    MvC3 - Felicia/Zero/Dorm, Wolv/Akuma/Sent, Wesker/Doom/Magneto
    ·
    Now waiting for the WAFIGHTERSdotCOM techy to upload it. If it takes too long I'll just put it on my 4shared.
    ·
    for the version 2 of the guide? :O
    ·
    Yup yup.
    ·
    Awesome! cant wait thanks for all the effort you and everyone has put into it it really helps pick up my game at least :D!
    ·
    Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Okay guys, I hope you make use of this. Please if you could recommend it to you friends or local communities that would be great.

Revision. 3 will be in 3D (will not require glasses), and will offer 1250 Gamerscore upon completion. Coming out 1st January 2012, it will be the last thing you'll ever read.
    ·
    Thankyou :D downloaded and reading ^^
    ·
  • RedCaliburnRedCaliburn Ibuki, on the scene! Joined: Posts: 520
    Great job on the revision. Definately helped me on a few things I missed or forgotten, but this should help alot on the other players who are beggining with her. Thanks for the guide again. :)
    I <3 Shiro_420, SSF4:AE 2012 - Ibuki
    "You can get hit as many times as it takes for them to beat you- but if you're not dead, then a match is never truly over until it says K.O."
    ·
  • burnmanburnman Joined: Posts: 42
    I printed this so that I can use it while training. However, for some reason the front and back covers are full page, while the interior pages are all half-page. Is this by design?
    XBL: xsyn1cx (yes i'm sXe)
    PSN: synic

·
    How are you printing this? The double-page spreads are actually two seperate pages. Load up Acrobat Reader X and you should be able to get them to print on seperate pages.

EDIT: I'll upload another .PDF that will let you print it on seperate pages easily. Not sure why Acrobat Reader is being a ponce. The only problem will be that the frame-data page will be unreadable 'cause I lost the original files.
    ·
    I printed this so that I can use it while training. However, for some reason the front and back covers are full page, while the interior pages are all half-page. Is this by design?

I forgot to include a different .PDF for printing. I forgot that printers see "Spreads" as A3 sheets. BTW, this one should be 300dpi so the quality will be better for printing.

README: I have fixed the spelling mistake of "PROVE/PROOVE" and have removed the Frame-Data pages, because they don't come out properly on paper.

LINK: http://www.4shared.com/document/woT5p2Yy/Ibuki_PLAYER_GUIDE_Rev_2_for_P.html
    ·
  • burnmanburnman Joined: Posts: 42
    Awesome. Thanks so much for your (extra) work!
    XBL: xsyn1cx (yes i'm sXe)
    PSN: synic

·
    Awesome. Thanks so much for your (extra) work!

Anytime!

(~anywhere, anyplace, anydoodahs)
    ·
  • acronymacronym Joined: Posts: 152
    Thank you Izuna for this guide:)

Are you based in Europe?, I'm from the UK and would love if possible Izuna if I could get some training tips on the PC SSF4AE if you have time.

Also I have a hard time with my eyes reading but finding this book has been good since its digestable content, can I ask for more combos please to be listed?.
    ·
    Thank you Izuna for this guide:)

Are you based in Europe?, I'm from the UK and would love if possible Izuna if I could get some training tips on the PC SSF4AE if you have time.

Also I have a hard time with my eyes reading but finding this book has been good since its digestable content, can I ask for more combos please to be listed?.

Yeah I'm from Chelsea, UK. We could play sometime, just add me!

The combos include the most damaging/practical from each starter, I don't know what to write 'cause it'd probably be a bad idea to use.
    ·
    Is your Xbox live the same as the GWL?

I don't have a xbox only PS3 and PC.

I'm rubbish so if you do have time and patience:), I would love please if I can get something to help me.
    ·
    I'm rubbish so if you do have time and patience:), I would love please if I can get something to help me.

xWAx Izuna is my GFWL yeah. Do you have MSN? It's easier to teach through there.
    ·
    MSN sure, can you pm yours mate since I can't pm you.
    ·
  • r3dd09r3dd09 Joined: Posts: 180
    New player here. Well kind of new. I played for a month last year.

Anyways, decided this is the character to settle on and the book will be so very helpful :)

Thank you so much for your time and dedication.

FYI, there are still some grammatical errors. I will point them out later for the next revision :)
    ·
    New player here. Well kind of new. I played for a month last year.

Anyways, decided this is the character to settle on and the book will be so very helpful :)

Thank you so much for your time and dedication.

FYI, there are still some grammatical errors. I will point them out later for the next revision :)

It's okay, they're something to giggle at. So long as it isn't just wrong information it should do its job. You're vey much welcome =). Althought because College is right around the corner, I won't be playing this game enough to do another revision.
    ·
    Hopefully I can take the lead once I get familiar with this game. Played a different game and I had a guide like this for new and experience players. Just a good way to consolidate data
    ·
    If you want to I can send you the raw files ect. Some time in the furure maybe as I'm playing VF instead =)
    ·
    I will ask for them when. I get that far, I'm still Only 2 days into ibuki haha
    ·
  • Hypa-LinkHypa-Link The Handsomest Ninja Joined: Posts: 62
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

This is really well done. Love the Ibuki trivia parts too, nice touch. Was DYING for something like this on any of the characters I use, let alone my secondary.
    Bleed for me... Your blood is beautiful.
    GokuZoom.png
    ·
    I much prefer doing this for you guys, then sitting Chemistry exams...
    ·
  • Hypa-LinkHypa-Link The Handsomest Ninja Joined: Posts: 62
    LOL I much prefer reading this than reading my Physics for Scientists and Engineers book, but that won't end well. >_>
    Bleed for me... Your blood is beautiful.
    GokuZoom.png
    ·