The Official PLAYSTATION® Thread: E3 - PS4 Pro November 10th $399

Comments

• daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Then the answer is no, LOL.

I guess you are going to have to find somebody you trust to do it on their PS3 for you.
  • BIGWORMBIGWORM made the NSFW thread in IMM (RIP in pieces) Joined: Posts: 3,487 mod
    You should be able to log into your PSN through a friend's PS3, access the store, activate Plus (if you want), and at least "purchase" the games, then download them whenever you get a PS3 going. That was an obvious answer that I'm sure you've already considered, but don't have the ability of doing.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah...............I just need to get my friend to do that for me this week.
    I was expecting to get my PS3 fixed by then.............but now it won't be the case.

I'm gonna wait for that price drop before getting a new PS3..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    Who knew so many good games came out of Finland? You fools should have let me know that Ari Pulkinnen composed for

You probably fucked up and did some good side missions by accident. If not, try getting max evil karma (You'll get a trophy when you do) and see if they pop up.

Yeah I only decided to become evil when such and such such and suched that girl. I did 2 good side missions before I became evil.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there a limit when you can use the 'welcome back' package?
    I've yet to download any of the free games offered to me, nor have I started my PS+.

I'm not very interested in the games they offer, and nothing special has came out, in terms of discounts, for the PS+ just yet.
    Kind hope I got the PS+ sooner or whatever, 'cause Dungeon Hunter Alliance is on discount for that game with Plus.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I know that the Welcome Back package ends 30 days after PSN went back up..................
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Is there a limit when you can use the 'welcome back' package?
    I've yet to download any of the free games offered to me, nor have I started my PS+.

I'm not very interested in the games they offer, and nothing special has came out, in terms of discounts, for the PS+ just yet.
    Kind hope I got the PS+ sooner or whatever, 'cause Dungeon Hunter Alliance is on discount for that game with Plus.

It's not going to last forever. I've heard that Sony is going to pull the plug on the offer soon. Like, early next month soon. I think someone posted the info in the old thread.
    Yeah I only decided to become evil when such and such such and suched that girl. I did 2 good side missions before I became evil.

Yeah, you'll have to start a new game then. Once you do a good side mission, its evil counterpart is locked out permanently, and vice versa.

Downloading me 'dat Outland. Game looks gorgeous, as expected from team Housemarque. Check it out:

This game is Prince of Persia + Ikaruga + Super Metroid. Yeah, I know, you can stop fapping now. That's trife.
    Finished Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty. I remember people saying it was short, but damn that was extremely short. Fun game though, I definitely want to try and grab Tools for Destruction and A Crack in Time now.

Every single Ratchet & Clank game that was developed by Insomniac are AAA+ titles. Amazing, high quality experiences, imo. Definitely give Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time a try. Play ToD first. All 3 games are a trilogy, actually. Timeline goes like: ToD > QfB > CiT.

R&C3: Up Your Arsenal is legend. Back when online servers were up... So much fun, it was criminal.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    its a shame they haven't announced a ratchet hd bundle yet. yeah, R&C 1 might be a little dated controls-wise, but all those games are remarkably well polished.

yet, they are coming out with a new bundle with all 4 one with all the ToD and CiT packaged along with it... which would be a great deal if most people didn't have these games already...
    O_o
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I actually don't like Outland that much. I'm working on the final boss right now though.

The problems I have with the game is way too many areas where when you fall into a pit, you have to complete an area you ALREADY completed all over again. Considering how slowly you have to take some of the "puzzles" to complete them correctly this gets really frustrating.

Second is the ability moves having ammo is just dumb. They should just tone down the strength of them(aside from the "bomb" move) and make them free.

Third is just the overall bad design of certain situations that just doesn't need to happen at all. Some of the puzzles are just completely annoying, not fun, and completing them doesn't give me any sense of accomplishment, shit is just retarded sometimes. Also what the fuck is up with the last boss making you climb all the way up the ladder EVERY time. That shit is unnecessary.

Another thing that disappointed me is I didn't really feel like the usage of the color switching for platforming was very creative. It's a GREAT idea, but it was rarely pulled off in an interesting way.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wonder if U3 will make ps3s run loud like U2 does, or if Naughty Dog found a better way to program than to max out the cells.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    its a shame they haven't announced a ratchet hd bundle yet. yeah, R&C 1 might be a little dated controls-wise, but all those games are remarkably well polished.

yet, they are coming out with a new bundle with all 4 one with all the ToD and CiT packaged along with it... which would be a great deal if most people didn't have these games already...

If A4O came with HD versions of R&C 1 thru 4, I would buy the game 3 times.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    It's not going to last forever. I've heard that Sony is going to pull the plug on the offer soon. Like, early next month soon. I think someone posted the info in the old thread.

Yeah, you'll have to start a new game then. Once you do a good side mission, its evil counterpart is locked out permanently, and vice versa.

The hell? Why are they punishing the player/

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• CowboydayCowboyday Pad Warrior Joined: Posts: 292
    I got Parasite Eve 2 on the EU PSN store and I can't get it to work on my US ps3. I keep getting error 80028F10 "cannot play this game with current video display settings".

Incredibly frustrating as I have tried every configuration available to me. 480 720 16:9 4:3 etc

Anyone have similar experience?
    don't know about marvel
    don't know about meter
    traded in my pimp coat
    for a lab coat
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    Have you tried redownloading it?
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • CowboydayCowboyday Pad Warrior Joined: Posts: 292
    Actually I somehow managed to get it to work within 5 minutes of posting that after resetting it to 1080p

Magic!
    don't know about marvel
    don't know about meter
    traded in my pimp coat
    for a lab coat
  • Dr. WilhelmDr. Wilhelm Most call me Doc. Joined: Posts: 1,022
    Currently downloading Infamous from PSN Store. This is going to take a while...
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,774
    Anyone playing Killzone 3? I never tried the first two, but I just picked up 3, and fuck...that game is gorgeous.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,061
    If A4O came with HD versions of R&C 1 thru 4, I would buy the game 3 times.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

When I first read All4One announced, I immediately thought it was an HD package of R&C 1-4...but alas, wasn't meant to be :sad:
  • Shizuma_15Shizuma_15 Cowboys 2-6 :( Joined: Posts: 2,241
    hey guys is vanquish any good?

i saw that and dante's inferno for 20 bux at walmart dont know which one to get first
    "what happend i won, fuck your mag"

"Bitches Be Thirsty" DJWheat
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hey guys is vanquish any good?

i saw that and dante's inferno for 20 bux at walmart dont know which one to get first

as I briefly mentioned on the previous page, Vanquish is a goddamn MASTERPIECE of action gaming. It is the closest thing to a true next gen Contra. True, it's a 3rd Person Shooter, but it doesn't play like any of them previously. It's way faster, and way more about being right up in your enemies faces and demolishing them.

It doesn't feel very different at first but that's only because the game starts you off easy enough that you don't need to boost and use the time slow everywhere. Once you get really good at the game you see how different it really is. Game is just super fast and feels amazingly good to play, from start to finish. I beat the game several times when it came out, but I just started playing it again recently after 7 months and I am still fucking enjoying the hell out of it.
  • Mr. BastosMr. Bastos Joined: Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Every single Ratchet & Clank game that was developed by Insomniac are AAA+ titles. Amazing, high quality experiences, imo. Definitely give Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time a try. Play ToD first. All 3 games are a trilogy, actually. Timeline goes like: ToD > QfB > CiT.

R&C3: Up Your Arsenal is legend. Back when online servers were up... So much fun, it was criminal.

I've wanted to play through all the Ratchet & Clank games for a while, especially when everyone was raving about CiT in the old PS3 thread, but just never got around to it because by that time the series was so vast. I really wish an HD collection would come out.

Hmm perhaps I should wait for that then because I've been looking around for ToD but can't find it, though CiT is still common enough.
    "I have nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free."
    -Setzer FFVI

"Why did God give me a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to use them both at the same time?" -Robin Williams
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ive always wanted to play that game Vanquish. I passed on it when it was released because of its short length. I had planned to get it when the priced droped but I forgot all about it till now. I'll go check out lamestop tomorrow and see if they have it used for cheap if not I'll get it on amazon for 15 bucks. It looks really cool.

P.S. You can find Vanquish all over for 10 to 20 bucks. On xbla (its not on psn) it cost 40 fuckin' dollars. Why the fuck would you even bother with it at that price when you can have a retail copy delivered to you for half the price or less? Come on!
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    alas, wasn't meant to be :sad:

And how can I make amends
    for all that I took from you?
    I led you with hopeless dreams
    My brother, I was a fool.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Alice:Madness Returns on sale on Amazon.com for $39.99, just bought it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Madness-Returns-Playstation-3/dp/B004CDBP9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309082064&sr=8-1

I was waiting for a sale of some kind, because I wanted to own it, but I have a huge backlog and could wait to pick it up.
    Game comes with a voucher for the original Alice from PSN, 2 games for the price of 1.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,908 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want to at least attempt to get far in Demon Souls before Dark Souls come out, I just have no motivation to play the game. It feels so fustrating dying early on and not knowing where the hell you are suppose to go. I need to pick up Bayonetta or whatever it's called, I've heard too much good things about this damn game. I have to play it.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

Demon's Souls you can only go so many ways in each level. Only 5-2 is one you could get lost in, and 3-1 for different reasons. Enemies do not respawn, so just take your time and pull one at a time and deal with them on your terms.

I just started replaying Infamous Uno, never beat it back when it came out. Over 2 years between playthroughs. Planning on beating it this week, so I can play #2.
  • ixismiffyixiixismiffyixi -SW SMITH- Joined: Posts: 258
    Outland on co-op and challenge mode is f'ing fun and annoying. So much work to get your partner to work well together esp. with some lag haha. Awesome game, worth the $10.

UC3 beta almost here!!!
    PROGRESSIVE TRANCE|HOUSE|BREAKS

MATTHEW ZOHAR - ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL CHICAGO 2013 MIXSET
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,695
    Old King Allant for SFxTekken.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    What's the size of the UC3 Beta? Does anyone know?

ZHnyV.jpg

...Dunno about you, but I'd be all for that.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,993
    I've been waiting for it since the waverunner sequence :lol:
    ...Dunno about you, but I'd be all for that.

Does Naughty Dog have a twitter? Because this needs to be tweeted their way asap. By everyone that owns a triple.
  • MechZZMechZZ Joined: Posts: 1,657
    snip

swbeta, can you add the Pixel Junk games to the PSN list? They're exclusive and actually really really good. Pixel Junk Shooter 1/2, Pixel Junk Monsters and Pixel Junk Eden.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So, I'm on a new "High Score"-run through Dead Nation's campaign on Grim difficulty... I left off at the 3rd or 4th mission ("Grieving Towers", I think it's called) and already have surpassed my previous campaign high score of 199 mil... this isn't even halfway in the game and I'm already on 260 million something points! The numbers are already getting crazy here, and I love it... it should actually be much, much higher too... I've taken quite a few hits and thus should've been at a 2,000x + multiplier much earlier. It looks like the hits take an increasingly large number away from your multiplier depending on how high it is before the hit. I got hit towards the end of this most recent mission and lost something like 200x or so right away! There was another time earlier where I was already at 2100x or so and got hit a few times....dropped all the way down to 1200 something! Ohhh that hurt my soul right there.

The end of the Graveyard mission is going to be a bitch though... my multiplier is probably going to get screwed over hard there, as it's one of the most chaotic, insane parts of the game... (*it's even worse than the final 3 sections of the last stage, imo. The difference is that you can at least control a reasonable amount of space on the last stage if you take things slowly and strategically... that simply isn't the case in the last scene of the Graveyard, because all Hell breaks loose, and things are rushing you from every possible direction in there.) Having the best possible high score at the end of campaign probably depends more on how successful you were in passing the last part of the Graveyard with as few hits (ideally NO hits, of course) as possible.

*High-score run on campaign is also a bit rough on your financial situation early on, since you'll want to wait on those boxes to turn red so you get multiplier points instead of gold. I've opened 1 or 2 boxes when they were gold so far simply by accident (*one of them I couldn't even see, and I just happened to hit R2 without knowing I was that close to it....that sucks of course since it means I missed 20 multiplier points on both occasions.)
    swbeta, can you add the Pixel Junk games to the PSN list? They're exclusive and actually really really good. Pixel Junk Shooter 1/2, Pixel Junk Monsters and Pixel Junk Eden.

I knew I forgot something. Pixeljunk was on my mind before making the thread, but I guess I forgot sometime along the way. Will add in a bit.
    ND's twitter-
    http://twitter.com/#!/naughty_dog

EU PSN has a sale on some DLCs ATM-
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/24/psn-dlc-game-store-update-24th-june-2011/

Here's hoping the BB:CS stuff get discounted too =P
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,695
    Lol @ Unkarted: Drake's Derby.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
    My PS3 never makes a sound when playing any game, I guess It's cooled well enough in the room it's in?

UC3 Beta is free for PSN+ users and you'll still keep it after your PSN+ expires ^_^v.
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,426
    My PS3 never makes a sound when playing any game, I guess It's cooled well enough in the room it's in?

UC3 Beta is free for PSN+ users and you'll still keep it after your PSN+ expires ^_^v.

Word? Time to scoop that shit up right now before my free ps+ trial expires.......
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX