The Official PLAYSTATION® Thread: E3 - PS4 Pro November 10th $399

Comments

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,276
    I would, but I already wasted like 500 hours on it when it was on the xbox. Don't feel like grinding all my characters out again especially the characters who use items. Takes too fucking long to max em.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,265
    Harmony of Despair looks like a thrown together piece of crap. Not interested.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,184
    edited October 2014
    Harmony of Despair looks like a thrown together piece of crap. Not interested.

As a huge CV fan, I can tell you that that's exactly what it is. I was really hyped for it back when it was first released on PSN, too.

Every character is just a shallow version of themselves that were copy --> pasted into this game with even less options than they had in their original games. Playing HoD just made me want to go back and play a random, older CV game.

You can't even explore anymore. You're forced to beat the level under a certain amount of time(kind of like Classic CV, but the level design is no where near as good) and since some characters have better mobility options than others, you'll have some people in your coop game already at the boss while other characters are struggling to even get there.

The concept of the game is cool, but they fucked it up. They should have given us a random Castle/giant outdoor area(s) to explore in coop without a timer, or even randomly-generated levels and dungeons instead of the garbage we got instead.

6/10 because at least Julius can whip in any direction Simon style ALA Super Castlevania IV.
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on dat Gun Gal localization. Gaming's first school-shooting simulator :o

I prefer bullet girls to gal gun for school shooting because you use real guns...and your bullets tear off their clothes.
    Also, the multiple choice bits are hard when you have to guess an answer. Made worse by the fact it is probably pretty obvious stuff like
    "Do you like my hair?"
    1. I did not notice, did you change something?
    2. Yes. it is very lovely today
    3. I dunno, where is that dried squid smell coming from?

*Chooses 3*
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849
    edited October 2014
    Plus Lineup for October

63KSubj.png

Finally, an arguably "big" PS4 game for Plus. Spelunky, Rainbow Moon, & Pix the Cat are cross-buy for whatever platforms they were released on.
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,250
    I've never played a Castlevania game before. Out of all those ones on sale, which would you guys recommend for someone new to the series?
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,276
    Castlevania Chronicles, SoTN

You got a Wii u so nab all the classics that are on the VC.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,292
    Arkham Asylum..? Why offer that after they've already offered the sequel?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,140
    Cause it's better than Arkham City.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

Cause it's better than Arkham City.

Waste of a slot, IMO, but I'll download it just to have it. Maybe I'll actually get around to finishing the game...

• ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    another month of nothing
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    How's that Rainbow Moon, though?

• Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Ordered replacement thumb sticks for my DS4. I can't believe how fast that shit wears out :tired_face:
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    Shit thumbstick rubber is the main reason I haven't bought a DS4 yet. If they never fix it (which I suspect) I'm going to buy some of those Extenze™ analog stick add-ons. Protect the surface & help me cheat in FPSes at the same time.
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,993
    Since I have some friends who apparently also happen to be neanderthals and can't take care of their shit (and more importantly, my shit), I ended up purchasing a bunch of Grip-Its (http://www.shopgripit.com/). They're nice and grippy, and they're not big enough to change the feel of the analog sticks, so that's what I have on all of my PS4 controllers now.

Plus, they have colors, and since I had 4 PS4 controllers since launch, it adds some minor color variety to my controllers. I would definitely suggest them since they're relatively cheap and I've found them very comfortable to play with.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,265
    I'll pick it up for my Vita. Strider 2 would make for a great portable game.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    I don't go bat shit insane using my controllers, and I had this DS4 for a year. It's just a natural problem with rubber materials used for the thumb-sticks; it's an inevitability. Luckily, the controller still functions spot on with no signs of dying out.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,698
    Uuuuh, everytime I'm trying to explore in Shadow of Mordor, I keep running into multiple captains of which I keep killing, keep coming back to life so apparently I have to finish them by executing them because you know, stabbing them multiple times in the lungs and slitting their throats apparently doesn't cause death. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is that drive club just a glorified demo?

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Grrr! So I can't seem to beat this one arching quest (the first one). Taking arrows to the knees are devastating!
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PS now. What a joke.

I'm gonna rent a game for a couple of hours? They think you're gonna dump your cash to play a game for a few hours, when you could probably buy it for that price and play it on a PS3? I think not. Most of what I saw I already have, so no bueno. Here's hoping that October has something on DLC or in the stores that I can fap to. Destiny is turning out to NOT be that badness I wanted. They better pick it up fast and hard and SOON.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    It's still in beta, right? Hope it doesn't stay that way perpetually, like Home.

It might be a pipedream getting a substantial number of pubs on board, but I'd still very much like a true digital rental service. This PS Plus, Games with Gold, EA Access "mystery box" nonsense is for the birds.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,323
    That shit is gonna bomb just like home did. No ones fucking with that shit. Money could be better used some where else
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    edited October 2014
    Shadow of Mordor

This game is a little crazy. This one mission involves stealth kills which is my favorite, but then this one stealth kill didn't die. It turned out to be a captain of which I killed, and then I spotted another captain of which I got owned so I had to run, but then I ran into another captain of which I killed. Theeeen I ran into another captain of whom I slew. This one guard, I head-shotted from a distance and it turned out to be a captain.

This one captain though, aaaargh, I almost had him but I decided to play it safe and run away. I SHOULDN'T HAVE!! When I came back, he turned out to be a combat master so he could break my attack strings and damage me. I tried to head-shot him but the arrow just bounced off his head (invulnerability).

PS: I'm going back!! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE! YOU WILL OBEYY!!!
    Post edited by Tekno Virus on
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    they already spent the money when they bought gaikai. it would be financial suicide if they didn't utilize cloud gaming at all.

but they do need to find a better price point. the idea of moving away from subscriptions was a bad one.

paying for a few hours is shitty. it looks bad. it scares away consumers. especially at the price point they are asking.

but looking at it, i think this is to scare many people off because they are not fully ramped everywhere. this service is going to suck for a lot of people. maybe in 1-2 years it will be much better.

so have it out there, let it make nickels and dimes, and when infrastructure is better, then really revamp it.

but its a worthwhile venture. having that infrastructure setup will make them much more future proof. imagine never buying a system and playing games through their TVs or tablets. or everytime they need to improve tech, they just do it on their side and you have better games and graphics without the consumer investing in hardware. you can improve your install rates by not having people choose between consoles... instead you just let them log on via their tv, purchase the game, and start playing immediately.

that shit is pretty far off, but for anything involving cloud based anything, getting it started is the most difficult thing to do.
    O_o
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHH!!!! I DID A 62 HIT COMBO ON HIM!!! Why does he take no damage?? WHY???
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,597
    Clearly your doing something wrong.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    Before going back in to get a round 2 on some of those Uruk captains, find a snitch (green diamond on the map) and make him tell you what the captain's particular weaknesses are. If he's a combat master, you probably won't be able to damage him with anything but finishers or poison.
    He's only weakness is stealth kills which takes about a third of his health, but he also has regeneration so if I wait too long he'll heal.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Well, shit. Best of luck defeating the god Uruk!
    I think I have to ninja-Spiderman him as in: get in a brawl with him, defeat everyone until he's alone, run up one of the structures until he let guard drop, jump-knife his ass->run and hide->jump-knife his ass, such and so forth.

OR

Maybe I can lure him nearby a fire, blow the fire, ninja his ass then maayybeeee he'll start "fearing" meaning he'll lose his invulnerabilities then brrriiing oooonnnn the smmaackdoowwwwnnn!!
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    ELdrag the Poet is his name!! GRAAAA

I got him down to 50% health today. I sought to catch him in the middle of a skirmish with one of his rivals, but alas! I did not have a good vantage point to stealth kill him. He finished his foes wounded and I thought I could sneak up on him and back stab him but he somehow saw me hiding behind a post!!
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,059
    You can't Wraith Stun him?
    I did for 62 hits straight. Does no damage. I'm gonna lie in wait when he fights other Uruks while his health is depleted, I'll backstab him. If I can get him down to 25%, then maybe he'll start fearing and losing his invulnerability.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I ran into my first god Uruk today with combat master + immunity to arrows. Ended up having to ninja-kill tons of dudes around him until he got spooked.
    Killing his underlings does something? I killed everyone using melee to no avail.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ...dammit, the very existence of that game is making me want to go ahead and get one of these new-gen systems earlier than I originally intended. Sure, Mordor will also be on the old-gen systems, but fuck that.

One small detail that already had me sold was the "Dominate" power. Any ability that is akin to a vampire "compulsion" deal....oh yes that's delicious to me. And of course beyond that----Orcs. You can't go wrong when those guys are included in a game, folks.

Nostalgia from the previous generation--> my first Skyrim character...a badass Orc vampire. Yeah. That's how I roll.

Anyway, I was in Gamestop earlier today, thinking about making that purchase... I'm not sure I can resist this temptation over the rest of the weekend....
    Killing his underlings does something? I killed everyone using melee to no avail.

He eventually became terrified after I killed like the 20th dude next to him. I assume that these combat master uruks will become much easier when I gain the ability to turn their bodyguards against them.