The Official PLAYSTATION® Thread: E3 - PS4 Pro November 10th $399

Comments

• Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    I don't go bat shit insane using my controllers, and I had this DS4 for a year. It's just a natural problem with rubber materials used for the thumb-sticks; it's an inevitability. Luckily, the controller still functions spot on with no signs of dying out.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,778
    Uuuuh, everytime I'm trying to explore in Shadow of Mordor, I keep running into multiple captains of which I keep killing, keep coming back to life so apparently I have to finish them by executing them because you know, stabbing them multiple times in the lungs and slitting their throats apparently doesn't cause death. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is that drive club just a glorified demo?

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Grrr! So I can't seem to beat this one arching quest (the first one). Taking arrows to the knees are devastating!
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PS now. What a joke.

I'm gonna rent a game for a couple of hours? They think you're gonna dump your cash to play a game for a few hours, when you could probably buy it for that price and play it on a PS3? I think not. Most of what I saw I already have, so no bueno. Here's hoping that October has something on DLC or in the stores that I can fap to. Destiny is turning out to NOT be that badness I wanted. They better pick it up fast and hard and SOON.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849
    It's still in beta, right? Hope it doesn't stay that way perpetually, like Home.

It might be a pipedream getting a substantial number of pubs on board, but I'd still very much like a true digital rental service. This PS Plus, Games with Gold, EA Access "mystery box" nonsense is for the birds.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    That shit is gonna bomb just like home did. No ones fucking with that shit. Money could be better used some where else
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    edited October 2014
    Shadow of Mordor

This game is a little crazy. This one mission involves stealth kills which is my favorite, but then this one stealth kill didn't die. It turned out to be a captain of which I killed, and then I spotted another captain of which I got owned so I had to run, but then I ran into another captain of which I killed. Theeeen I ran into another captain of whom I slew. This one guard, I head-shotted from a distance and it turned out to be a captain.

This one captain though, aaaargh, I almost had him but I decided to play it safe and run away. I SHOULDN'T HAVE!! When I came back, he turned out to be a combat master so he could break my attack strings and damage me. I tried to head-shot him but the arrow just bounced off his head (invulnerability).

PS: I'm going back!! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE! YOU WILL OBEYY!!!
    Post edited by Tekno Virus on
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    they already spent the money when they bought gaikai. it would be financial suicide if they didn't utilize cloud gaming at all.

but they do need to find a better price point. the idea of moving away from subscriptions was a bad one.

paying for a few hours is shitty. it looks bad. it scares away consumers. especially at the price point they are asking.

but looking at it, i think this is to scare many people off because they are not fully ramped everywhere. this service is going to suck for a lot of people. maybe in 1-2 years it will be much better.

so have it out there, let it make nickels and dimes, and when infrastructure is better, then really revamp it.

but its a worthwhile venture. having that infrastructure setup will make them much more future proof. imagine never buying a system and playing games through their TVs or tablets. or everytime they need to improve tech, they just do it on their side and you have better games and graphics without the consumer investing in hardware. you can improve your install rates by not having people choose between consoles... instead you just let them log on via their tv, purchase the game, and start playing immediately.

that shit is pretty far off, but for anything involving cloud based anything, getting it started is the most difficult thing to do.
    O_o
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHH!!!! I DID A 62 HIT COMBO ON HIM!!! Why does he take no damage?? WHY???
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,057
    Clearly your doing something wrong.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    Before going back in to get a round 2 on some of those Uruk captains, find a snitch (green diamond on the map) and make him tell you what the captain's particular weaknesses are. If he's a combat master, you probably won't be able to damage him with anything but finishers or poison.
    He's only weakness is stealth kills which takes about a third of his health, but he also has regeneration so if I wait too long he'll heal.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Well, shit. Best of luck defeating the god Uruk!
    I think I have to ninja-Spiderman him as in: get in a brawl with him, defeat everyone until he's alone, run up one of the structures until he let guard drop, jump-knife his ass->run and hide->jump-knife his ass, such and so forth.

OR

Maybe I can lure him nearby a fire, blow the fire, ninja his ass then maayybeeee he'll start "fearing" meaning he'll lose his invulnerabilities then brrriiing oooonnnn the smmaackdoowwwwnnn!!
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    ELdrag the Poet is his name!! GRAAAA

I got him down to 50% health today. I sought to catch him in the middle of a skirmish with one of his rivals, but alas! I did not have a good vantage point to stealth kill him. He finished his foes wounded and I thought I could sneak up on him and back stab him but he somehow saw me hiding behind a post!!
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,087
    You can't Wraith Stun him?
    I did for 62 hits straight. Does no damage. I'm gonna lie in wait when he fights other Uruks while his health is depleted, I'll backstab him. If I can get him down to 25%, then maybe he'll start fearing and losing his invulnerability.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I ran into my first god Uruk today with combat master + immunity to arrows. Ended up having to ninja-kill tons of dudes around him until he got spooked.
    Killing his underlings does something? I killed everyone using melee to no avail.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ...dammit, the very existence of that game is making me want to go ahead and get one of these new-gen systems earlier than I originally intended. Sure, Mordor will also be on the old-gen systems, but fuck that.

One small detail that already had me sold was the "Dominate" power. Any ability that is akin to a vampire "compulsion" deal....oh yes that's delicious to me. And of course beyond that----Orcs. You can't go wrong when those guys are included in a game, folks.

Nostalgia from the previous generation--> my first Skyrim character...a badass Orc vampire. Yeah. That's how I roll.

Anyway, I was in Gamestop earlier today, thinking about making that purchase... I'm not sure I can resist this temptation over the rest of the weekend....
    Killing his underlings does something? I killed everyone using melee to no avail.

He eventually became terrified after I killed like the 20th dude next to him. I assume that these combat master uruks will become much easier when I gain the ability to turn their bodyguards against them.
    Dude I killed everyone except him, then I did the 62 hit combo.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,162
    I got me a ps3 problem:

So I was fixing up my buddy's ps3 (mgs4 us bundle version) and it ylod. I fixed the ylod no problem but the darn thing doesn't even read discs now.

He told me he did a system restore so the system is clean, but it still doesn't read discs. What could I do that does not involve buying a new ps3?

UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Replace the BLu Ray drive?

I dunno if you can still find the parts online without charging an arm and leg.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    I killed him... in a very anti-climatic manner. I saw him from afar dueling another captain and made short works of him. "Rats" I thought to myself and he actually saw me, "Double rats". So I just climbed atop of a tall structure and ninja killed him... except that this time it took all his life. Farewell, my greatest Uruk rival.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I just unlocked death threats which gives you a chance to get Epic Runes and I must say, these are pretty useful.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,097
    I has two copies of Nier, cause why not?
    Both game copies are in the 'very/really good' to 'mint/like new' condition range, too.

@Million‌
    IIRC, you picked up Deception IV, right?
    How's that working out for you?

I might be picking that game up later this month.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kurokun wrote: »
    I has two copies of Nier, cause why not?
    Both game copies are in the 'very/really good' to 'mint/like new' condition range, too.

@Million‌
    IIRC, you picked up Deception IV, right?
    How's that working out for you?

I might be picking that game up later this month.
    Oh yeah, I got Deception IV a few months ago....on Vita. I was surprised to find out that it's also on PS3. It's good, but I haven't played it for a while due to the Soul Sacrifice Delta addiction. This game D4 is leaning more towards trap combos being the intended gameplay....and I love it. A good combo is awesome and satisfying when the results go off exactly according to plan. The difficulty goes up quickly though, as you have to deal with several characters at once, with all of them trying to kill you of course....that becomes a tough situation when some of them have guns, and some are fast, agile characters.

Also, I would've preferred this game have some character customization. You're stuck having to play this one female character.... I don't *always* have a problem with that (e.g.--Bayonetta was one of my favorite games of all time), but I do prefer having a choice in the design of the main character, from clothes to gender, skin color, etc. Of course, a major reason for this might be the fact that it involves a lot of hand-drawn character art that includes the main character.
  • HyperGearHyperGear Joined: Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,960
    edited October 2014
    I'm pretty excited about the PS TV. Lots of Vita/PSP games I want to play, but don't really want to play it on a handheld.

Have they said anything on how the video output will look like? Is it just stretched onto the big screen?
    Post edited by Shinkuu Tatsumaki on
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    [quote="HyperGear;9925697"]Frys has the PS4 for $350

http://slickdeals.net/f/7245036-ps4-console-349-99-fry-s-w-free-shipping[/quote]

How long is that deal going on for? Planning to buy a Wii-U within a week or two's time. If the price stays like that for an extra 2 weeks, I'd be straight.
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    I think it's time to clean my DS3 today. In the 6 years of owning it, I haven't even done a quick dry wipe or wipe the grease of the thumb sticks.

need to get several air-cans and 99% isopropyl alcohol. Might post pics of the grimy residue; don't barf tho....

Toothpicks

You'd be amazed how much grime is collected in the harder to reach places.
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
    edited October 2014
    I reached the second area in Shadow of Mordor. The scenery had my face like:
    1409097059797_zps83f10001.jpg
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I copped me MGS Ground Zeroes for fifteen bucks. *Obamanotbadface.jpg*
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,966
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHH!!!! I DID A 62 HIT COMBO ON HIM!!! Why does he take no damage?? WHY???

Get his homies on your side before you go at him again. I'm pretty sure Captain strengths don't apply to other Uriks...just power level.
    ShogunZ wrote: »

Get his homies on your side before you go at him again. I'm pretty sure Captain strengths don't apply to other Uriks...just power level.

I was able to assassinate him. This time though for some reason, did not take 30% of his life, it killed him instantly. It could be that when you're weapon is reforged, it becomes more powerful. Speaking of powerful, there's an ability that doubles your damage if your weapon glows, that (plus critical from timing square with each hit) just about kills anything faster than any execution or fancy moves.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Glowing sword + Flurry is insane damage.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file