The Official PLAYSTATION® Thread: E3 - PS4 Pro November 10th $399

1644645646647648650»

Comments

• KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,916
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/first-ps4-system-update-5-0-details
    Here’s the summary of what’s new:
    • PlayStation 4 Pro owners can stream via Twitch in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
    • The system’s master and sub account systems has been overhauled. New family accounts feature multiple adult accounts in a single family, able to act in a parent / guardian role and set parental controls on a per-account basis, allowing each sub account different communications, content-viewing, and spending limit privileges. Requests can also be sent to adult accounts on other PlayStation 4s to join the same family.
    • Players can follow any user.
    • Notifications have been added to the Quick Menu. Uploads and downloads status can also be checked here.
    • Push notifications for events.
    • Spectator comments on screen while broadcasting in virtual reality mode.
    • Broadcasts can be linked to a PlayStation Community.
    • Language support for Czech, Thai, Greek, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Romanian and Hungarian.
    • Behind-the-scenes support for bundle and compilation discs, with or without add-ons, and discs which support games and add-ons (such as a “Game of the Year Edition”), which do not require developers rework any code.

A release date for the update has yet to be announced.
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-closed-beta-begins-august-26-americas-europe
    Square Enix has announced that the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT closed beta test will run from August 25 at 9:00 p.m. PT / August 26 at 12:00 a.m. ET / 05:00 BST / 06:00 CEST to the sames time on September 3 PT / September 4 in the Americas and Europe.

The closed beta test will enable players to try their hand at the team-based fighting game using 14 playable characters:
    • Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
    • Firion (Final Fantasy II)
    • Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
    • Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
    • Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V)
    • Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
    • Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
    • Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
    • Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
    • Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
    • Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
    • Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)
    • Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
    • Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)

Players will be able to participate in three-on-three battles across familiar arenas, and request help from powerful summons including Ifrit, Shiva, and Odin.

http://na.square-enix.com/us/dissidiant-closedbeta-signup
    http://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/DFFNTBETA
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-special-editions-season-pass-announced
    (details for European and Japan special editions also included)
    Season Pass – $19.99 / €20.00
    • Two large DLC releases – Enjoy additional Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom gameplay content fit for a king! The contents of these DLCs are under protection of the king’s royal guard for now, but stay tuned for more information.
    • Supply Kit – A healthy heaping of items hand-picked for the discerning adventurer.

North American Special Editions

Day One Edition – $59.99
    Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-08-17_003.jpg
    • Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom game software
    • Special Sword Set DLC – Jade Katana, Siren’s Sabre, Cloudcutter, The Bleeding Edge, and Greenling Glaive

Premium Edition – $79.99
    Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-08-17_005.jpg
    • Day One Edition content
    • Exclusive SteelBook Case
    • 3D Papercraft Kit
    • Dragon’s Tooth exclusive DLC sword
    • Music Collection CD

Digital Deluxe Edition – $79.99
    Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-08-17_006.jpg
    • Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom game software
    • Season Pass
    • Pre-order bonus: Special Sword Set DLC – Jade Katana, Siren’s Sabre, Cloudcutter, The Bleeding Edge, and Greenling Glaive
    • Pre-order bonus: Exclusive PS4 theme
    • Pre-order bonus: Five exclusive PSN avatars

Collector’s Edition – $199.99
    Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-08-17_008.jpg
    • Premium Edition content
    • Ni no Kuni II Visual Arts Book
    • Chibi Mechanical Rotating Diorama
    • Lofty plush
    • The Making of Ni no Kuni II Blu-Ray
    • 3D Papercraft Display Case
    • Season Pass
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/senko-no-ronde-2-ps4-demo-now-available-japan
    The 317MB demo features Arcade Mode, Offline Battles, and Training Mode, and four playable characters: Lev LeFanu, Beak Chang Po, Fabian the Fastman, and Mia Mikli.
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/旋光の輪舞2-体験版/cid=JP0117-CUSA08338_00-SENKONORONDE2000
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No Kämpfer, no dice :grimacing:
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,972
    Kurokun wrote: »
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/first-ps4-system-update-5-0-details
    Here’s the summary of what’s new:
    • PlayStation 4 Pro owners can stream via Twitch in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
    • The system’s master and sub account systems has been overhauled. New family accounts feature multiple adult accounts in a single family, able to act in a parent / guardian role and set parental controls on a per-account basis, allowing each sub account different communications, content-viewing, and spending limit privileges. Requests can also be sent to adult accounts on other PlayStation 4s to join the same family.
    • Players can follow any user.
    • Notifications have been added to the Quick Menu. Uploads and downloads status can also be checked here.
    • Push notifications for events.
    • Spectator comments on screen while broadcasting in virtual reality mode.
    • Broadcasts can be linked to a PlayStation Community.
    • Language support for Czech, Thai, Greek, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Romanian and Hungarian.
    • Behind-the-scenes support for bundle and compilation discs, with or without add-ons, and discs which support games and add-ons (such as a “Game of the Year Edition”), which do not require developers rework any code.

A release date for the update has yet to be announced.

RIP PSN ID changes
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,911
    How hard is it and what do I need to transfer all my shit over to a new PS4? I've been considering upgrading to the pro. I can get one for cheap through work.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,972
    How hard is it and what do I need to transfer all my shit over to a new PS4? I've been considering upgrading to the pro. I can get one for cheap through work.

You can either back everything up to an external HDD and then restore it on a new system

or you can directly transfer content via a LAN cable, connecting the two

I don't know know which one is faster though, but in my experiences backing up large amounts of data took for fucking ever
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,629

All you'll need to do is back-up your PS4 data on an external hard drive and deactivate your account on the previous PS4. When you get a pro all you need to do is log into your account and use the external to restore your data. It's easy.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,754

You just need to transfer your games into an external hdd and your saves and media into an usb.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I don't have much to back up. I barely have anything on my PS4. A handful of save files and a few downloaded games.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,629
    edited August 11
    Even if you don't have much backing up your data is still the best option. It will be better than having to re-download your games and saves (if you have them saved on the cloud).
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited August 11
    Even if you don't have much backing up your data is still the best option. It will be better than having to re-downloading your games and saves (if you have them saved on the cloud).

I don't know if I do or not. The only save data I'm super concerned about is my one piece pirate warriors 3 data since I've almost 100%'ed the game.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,066
    Then just upload that to the Cloud or a USB drive and start everything else out fresh with everything else. Good excuse to replay stuff imo.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So...anyone try Fallen Legion?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    I'm playing Fallen Legion.
    Relatively close to achieving the Platinum for it.

Currently working on another playthrough of the game to hopefully better confirm choice/route stuffs for various unlocks and whatever.

Action is quite similar to Valkyrie Profile, but also having it's own nuances for the battle system.
    There's an option to block attacks (to varying degree), a combo bar to influence attack parameters (based on node additions/variables) and unleash deathblow/special skill techniques, along with 'tributes'/buffs application based on your choices from event instances.

Overall, i like the game, but it could probably benefit from a couple of QoL improvements here-and-there IMO; mainly some organization in menu(s) with stuffs related to chars selection and gemstone items.

Probably gonna play the PS Vita version later on to experience the other POV in regards to the (overall) story, lol.

Currently working on another playthrough of the game to hopefully better confirm choice/route stuffs for various unlocks and whatever.

Action is quite similar to Valkyrie Profile, but also having it's own nuances for the battle system.
    There's an option to block attacks (to varying degree), a combo bar to influence attack parameters (based on node additions/variables) and unleash deathblow/special skill techniques, along with 'tributes'/buffs application based on your choices from event instances.

Overall, i like the game, but it could probably benefit from a couple of QoL improvements here-and-there IMO; mainly some organization in menu(s) with stuffs related to chars selection and gemstone items.

Probably gonna play the PS Vita version later on to experience the other POV in regards to the (overall) story, lol.

So how does it feel compared to, say, Dragon's Crown?
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rhio2k wrote: »

Fallen Legion is an RPG like Valkyrie Profile, there isn't really any comparison to DC
    edited August 13
    Gasaraki wrote: »

Fallen Legion is an RPG like Valkyrie Profile, there isn't really any comparison to DC

I've never played VP...wonder if I'd like it. Time to hit up youtube.
    Post edited by Rhio2k on
    edited August 13
    Gasaraki wrote: »

I've never played VP...wonder if I'd like it. Time to hit up youtube.

It's a turn based RPG but on your turn you attack in real time. Making sure your party members combo their attacks effectively is important for either breaking guards or maximizing damage. Indivisible is basically based on this system as well which I think you can still download the demo for. It might give you an idea of what to expect
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,675
    edited August 15
    About 20 hours into zero dawn. Prolly my goty so far, better than Zelda.

Man multiplayer would be so dope in this game. Hunt parties against super machines would be dope. Separate from the main game of course.

Actually digging the story more than I do in most open world games too
    I'm level 45 and only 55% done with this game. I've spent more time killing things than actually doing the main quests (13 of the 23 completed so far).
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,984
    If anyone is looking to change the HDD in their PS4s, you might be interested in this Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2TB on sale for $85: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1NHCZT

I bought mine back in February (for $130 :sad: ) am very happy with it. It's a hybrid drive; it significantly improved loading times across the board, and 2TB of storage will last me forever.

Here's some info about how the drive works, and the results:

• axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,636
    Per your findings, how permanent is that "shorter load times each load" feature mentioned in the video? Does that go away if you shut the PS4 off for real, or does it stay for the foreseeable future?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,945 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Survival Arena coming to Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Thanks for that info @Rampage, that's some really useful stuff
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,945 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited 1:44PM
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,984
    edited 2:18PM
    Same 2TB SSHD drive, $89.99 -$20 (coupon: 0817STRG2 )
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822179110&cm_re=firecuda_2.5-_-22-179-110-_-Product

Some people in the reviews have issues with it in PS4 Pro units. Thankfully I have not, but I'll definitely mention it here if that changes.