El Paso Texas Blood Sweat Cheers!

Comments

• Fury XFury X GORO WINS! Joined: Posts: 436
    Test
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    waste
  • chewmanfuchewmanfu Senior Member Joined: Posts: 266
    Jesus Loera
    • Super Street Fighter IV
    • Station 18, Friday, 08:00 AM
      Pool 18
    • Mortal Kombat 9
    • Station 27, Friday, 10:00 AM
      Pool 14
    • Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • Station 13, Saturday, 12:00 PM
      Pool 43
    That's real talk...
    Rafael Serna

• Super Street Fighter IV
    • Station 2, Friday, 10:00 AM
      Pool 21
    • Mortal Kombat 9
    • Station 22, Friday, 02:00 PM
      Pool 23
    • Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • Station 4, Saturday, 02:00 PM
      Pool 49
    This Means I can Prolly party super Hard on THURS and be good for FRI afternoon :)

WOOOHOOO LETS GET CHOCOLATE WASTED!!!!
  • Shadow VIIShadow VII Custom Title Joined: Posts: 1,065
    8am?!, that sucks chuy
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
  • GROCERIESGROCERIES Joined: Posts: 254
    I thought Chuy's name was actually Chuy. My world is shattered.
    Well I have a bit of bad news. Sunday night my Grandfather passed. He was 107 yrs old and a staple presence in our family. Needless to say I was ready to drop everything to do whatever was needed.

But I know the room is under my name and card. And there is no way they would let you guys in.

We were lucky enough to fix all the services for Wednesday. After talking it over with my family, I'm still going on the trip but with a bit of a heavy heart.

I also WILL be hosting tonight but it will be a short session. 7:30pm to 11-12ish. Please remember that I will have to be up early Wednesday to be with the family all day as we are doing all the services in just one day.

So I will see you here.
    That's real talk...
    Dude I know all too well the feeling of a loved one's passing man just be strong bro and whatver u need let me know bro... I got u
    I thought Chuy's name was actually Chuy. My world is shattered.
    chuy is a nickname for jesus
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
  • SUN CiTy KinGSUN CiTy KinG Joined: Posts: 923
    good luck MIke hope to see you on da stream.

Chewy 8 am man thats tuff i'd be completely useless at that time
    sorry to here about your grampa hope your family's ok, have a great time in Vegas. Chewy vs. poonkgo first round just a prediciton

if i'm up around 7 i'll stop by give you guys some fei practice.
    Focus....Breath......FighT!!!
    Thanks Rafa and Fern.

I know. It's like they know I'm an early bird.:(
    That's real talk...
  • popnlockerpopnlocker OMG its HollyWood Joined: Posts: 134
    Well I have a bit of bad news. Sunday night my Grandfather passed. He was 107 yrs old and a staple presence in our family. Needless to say I was ready to drop everything to do whatever was needed.

But I know the room is under my name and card. And there is no way they would let you guys in.

We were lucky enough to fix all the services for Wednesday. After talking it over with my family, I'm still going on the trip but with a bit of a heavy heart.

I also WILL be hosting tonight but it will be a short session. 7:30pm to 11-12ish. Please remember that I will have to be up early Wednesday to be with the family all day as we are doing all the services in just one day.

So I will see you here.

I send my condolences bro sorry for your loss.

:/
    Damn I can't imagin how you must be feeling right now. But man keep your head up

I'll be there tonight though
    A Proverbial explanation from the comeback kid and I agree
    "$70 for original game
    $10 for Jill n Shuma (who were already there)
    $10 for shadow battles ( when something like this really should have been included for single player in the first place + it sucks if you bought em cause you cant use em anymore)

So that brings the total to $130 plus tax of course for a complete video game in this age. Is that acceptable? Is that even the end of shelling out $? Doubtful.

This is kind of in response to Keits front page editorial on why its ok to put out unfinished products at full price. As someone who bought the game day 1, I dont feel its fair for capcom to to rape the wallets of their loyal fanbase. So people who dont give a shit and arent behind capcom enough to hype it up prerelease (which makes others who wouldnt want to check out the game),and buy the game day 1 get a huge discount while people like me who salivate for their product have to pay more than 3x more for the same game? And yes we are all gonna be playing the same game, its just idiots like me who pay triple the price for a measly what, 8-9 months of testing for them?

It should have been DLC optional, and dont tell me Im saving money this way. First off, it should only be $20 update not $40 if you already bought it. Capcom can price it at whatever they want so dont tell me its a rule$5 per character. AE is an example. Plus not everyone would have bought every character. Paying at all for stages when theres only 8 to begin with is lame. Unfinished. Paying at all for balance changes is lame.I know this is bound to happen, but thats expected. We shouldnt have to pay for it. Its the developers fault, not ours. Paying at all for spectator mode which should and could have been there originally? Unfinished. Paying for a more robust single player experiance which should have been first priority? What about paying for improved netcode? Paying for a story we were promised and never got? Endings? All things that should have been there day 1. All this only a few short months after release?

Yes im gonna buy it so dont give me the dont like it dont buy it excuse. And yes, ive gotten alot of bang for my buck out of this game but that doesnt mean its ok to rationalize for them why its a "deal". Id be stupid not to buy it at $40. Id also be stupid to buy it for $140 which is unfortunately what the loyal fans are gonna have to do so the game they spent $70 on less than a year ago isnt rendered obsolete. People have a right to complain on an internet message board (at the very least) for something theyve spent so much time and money on. I want this to be open to discussion an Id appriciate this thread not to be closed. please dont come in here with insults and ignorance towards others of either persuasion. Just a single, open discussion on why this is or is not BS."
    people are still gonna buy the game, so it doesnt matter
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
    I have supported Capcom since I can remember.

I pretty much have every version of the main fighting titles. And I continue to do so.

To me it doesn't matter because they make great games. And I'm a fighting game junkie. That's all.

I don't know how many versions of Alpha 3 I bought. I'm still missing the PSP version though.

It's been like that though always. Streetfighter 2 had lot's of version. And so did other titles. SF3, Alpha series
    That's real talk...
    I send my condolences bro sorry for your loss.

:/
    Damn I can't imagin how you must be feeling right now. But man keep your head up

I'll be there tonight though
    Thank You Pops. I'll see you here.
    That's real talk...
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    Condolenses for you grandfather. When my grandfather died, I wasn't able to make the trip back home for the funeral because of school. I gotta say though, at 107, I don't think your grandfather died so much as left with a championship belt so he would stop beasting on the young kids. Man, that's WW1, Great Depression, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Civil Rights, Berlin Wall, Carl Sagan, DNA discovered, Genome Mapped...

At this point you should just say a one word eulogy "Godlike" dropped the mike and walk away. Man, now I miss my grandad.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • XtinaXtina NM's first lady :) Joined: Posts: 573
    I agree, 107 is pretty awesome. Your grandpa must've been a superhero. :) I hope you feel better!! Vegas will cheer you up.
    "A little besito?!" -Shadow VII
    Thank you Frank and Christina.
    That's real talk...
    De
    people are still gonna buy the game, so it doesnt matter
    Desnt change the fact that gaming is starting to become more expensive cuz of programing errors wich is completely ludacris imo... shit whatever happen to buying some games and still having some money left over to take out ur gir to a nice dinner and a movie... now its one or the other but hardly both... and it will get more expensive before it gets cheaper. To that my friends I say FUCK THAT SHIT!!!
    yep, they are milking the cow:(
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
    Its a good question rafa, i think you have to ask yourself what makes a game complete? For me personally versus mode, training mode, arcade mode, online mode. I will pay for interesting characters 5 bux is nothing, i wont pay for characters i have no interest in, or options i have no interest in like shadow mode just not my thing. Balance is capcom doing 2 tihings making money and showing love for their product its not easy to make a masterpiece i think it probably takes about ten years on average IMO so do you dissapoint the fans by not relasing anything which might liead to a drop in interest which could end production, or do you dissapoint them with dlc and rebalnce stuff. I'll take rebalance magic. I thought Super sf4 was necessary and a great title, i feel ultimate marvel will follow suit.
    De
    Desnt change the fact that gaming is starting to become more expensive cuz of programing errors wich is completely ludacris imo... shit whatever happen to buying some games and still having some money left over to take out ur gir to a nice dinner and a movie... now its one or the other but hardly both... and it will get more expensive before it gets cheaper. To that my friends I say FUCK THAT SHIT!!!
    http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5124153
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
  • geo00geo00 Joined: Posts: 76
    Capcom turning into Activision, being the evil empire of gaming heh.
    Frank and Eric you coming?
    That's real talk...
  • geo00geo00 Joined: Posts: 76
    George Santa Cruz
    • Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • Station 10, Saturday, 02:00 PM
      Pool 55

thx for the games. this gonna be my first big tourney so i dont expect to go far, but see what i can do. Hopefully my tron j.H will catch people off guard lol. See u guys at EVO. good luck
  • Ryu_311FunkRyu_311Funk Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sorry to hear about your lose Chuy :( Try and have some fun in Vegas, like we did last year :D
    From Chaos comes Clarity -311
    "BF" is so much fun, too bad they are nerfing it in Ultimate :(
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just be glad you don't live in Japan, where every single game is receives dozens upon dozens of updates, even back in the early 2000's there were ton's of updates to Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, did you know Melty Blood is from like 2002? And that game is still getting new versions of the game. And thinking about it, it's actually been a while that Capcom has done what they've been doing, most of the previous titles that were updated like Alpha, 3rd Strike, CvS2 were all rejected rebalanced titles because they just didn't have the flavor that the originals had. And if you wanna think of games like SF4 or MvC3 as "unfinished" titles, then think of all the other games that get released like Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, etc. etc. You buy the game and a few months later they release downloadable content. It does indeed improve the quality of the game (most cases anyways, there are a few examples that I can think of that DLC made a game worse even if you didn't end up buying it) but now they're no longer complete because you don't have access to the "full game" you just paid 60 dollars for if you bought the game close to launch and then after all the DLC you purchase that usually totals another 40 dollars rounding up to 100 total if not more in many cases (like 45 for 3 map packs in Modern Warfare 2)

The great thing about an update to a fighting game on a disc is that you don't need it to play the original one, and vice versa, if you're happy with the first version of the game you have, then don't buy the update, you're not losing the ability to play online or play the game itself because the update came out. Likewise, if you want the update, then it's pretty much just DLC, but with the beauty of being a physical copy of the game because there's nothing worse than not being able to play content because it was digitally distributed.

Pretty much it's dlc with the beauty of being a physical copy all being released at once. Kinda like a game of the year type deal. This is how I see everything anyways.
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also I my MvC3 pool at 4 pm, :) But on the bad side, I do have Marlin Pie (the best Viper player hands down) nothing is going to have prepared me for fighting him. ugh
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    Also I my MvC3 pool at 4 pm, :) But on the bad side, I do have Marlin Pie (the best Viper player hands down) nothing is going to have prepared me for fighting him. ugh

The guy can't block for shit, likes pushing buttons and likes doing random flashy shit. Frame traps all day.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • RowJoeRowJoe Counting hallways... Joined: Posts: 1,587
    This last batch of fighting games is lame with all the nerfs and buffs. People are so scrubby and unwilling to overcome stuff that isn't even broken. I'm not into the scene like I was about 5-6 years ago. Crazy how much it's changed. Capcom letting customers test their games? $40 a pop? Screw that.

Hope you guys do good at EVO and be safe! Try not to accidentally kill any hookers.
    Sorry to hear about your lose Chuy :( Try and have some fun in Vegas, like we did last year :D
    Thank you Lando.
    That's real talk...
    Good luck vegas guys, get some sleep and drink some apple juice, eat sum nuts, good luck!
    Well on my way ill be in vegas around 6am c ya
    Good Luck guys, represent EP:rock:
    EDIT: I have a strong feeling that one of you is gonna make it out of their pool, hope im right:tup:
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
    Does anyone know what time the stream's gonna be up? I wanna catch all you cuties on there.

[Edit]I know I'm a little bit late, but, I'm sorry for your loss, Chu-man. My condolences for you and your family.
    Thank you Dave.

The services went well and we all got closure. An amazing life that will continue to inspire all of my families life's forever.

Im ready to enjoy the weekend with my friends! Thanks to everyone for the best wishes we'll try and do our best!

Follow me at twitter.com/chewmanfu for all the updates and pics! Get hype!!!!

Peace:lovin:
    That's real talk...
    Glad to hear it, man.

I despise twitter, but I'll make one just so I can follow what's goin on with you guys in Vegas.