Milwaukee: Too grimey for the rest of WI

Comments

• Capn FuzzLov3Capn FuzzLov3 I will Surpass Even GOD! Joined: Posts: 98
    I never listen to tier list, I understand that some characters are naturally good but its the skill you have that makes the fighter so we'll see what your twelve can do
  • footmeetsskullfootmeetsskull River Killer Joined: Posts: 3,256
  • HogoshaHogosha SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GEMS. Joined: Posts: 1,217
    footmeetsskull's picture pretty much describes what Twelve can do.
  • KeranataKeranata Joined: Posts: 653
    Dont get me wrong I love smash but I love all fighter equally, If anyone wants to play anything else besides smash bros lemme know, Im on the South side Near the transfer point

I'll try to make some time next week, I sent you a pm about the scene in Madison if we ever have a gathering I'll let you know and if you need a ride I can probably get you. It sounds like you live sorta close to us on the Westish side if you're by the Transfer point.
    Even when I say nothing it's a positive use of negative space
  • TomatoPancakeTomatoPancake loudmouth. Joined: Posts: 916
    fight nights are all at my current place in july, new place in august.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    ...i c wat u dehd thar.

acted like some robots who thinks he's funny

yup! lol
  • HogoshaHogosha SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GEMS. Joined: Posts: 1,217
    acted like some robots who thinks he's funny

yup! lol

Sorry Dad. I'll stay out of your thread now.
  • MaDWaKMaDWaK madwak2dbasedgod Joined: Posts: 1,414
    goddamn where are the random youtube vids? what kinda thread is this?
  • SRWPyritSRWPyrit ↻ + LP+LK Joined: Posts: 1,546
    http://twitter.com/pooplos_z
    C to the O to the M, B, O!!!
  • kksliderkkslider Wake -up Astral Joined: Posts: 368
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
  • SpardaSparda DRIRR CRAW! Joined: Posts: 588
    <~P$C~>
  • HeadtapHeadtap ORANGE JUICE Joined: Posts: 208
    Tits... why can't I watch this thread? New srk layout is a little weird, allbeit more accessible.
    Learn to Cosmic Heel into Scarlet Terror today!
    Tits... why can't I watch this thread? New srk layout is a little weird, allbeit more accessible.
    Whoa, welcome back Dustin. Did you drop the claw?
    Drop the claw? BLASPHEMY! But dude.. I read all these AE changes forever ago, and it was all just make believe crap. Stuff like EX Scarlet Terror having invuln frames, pffft. I was testing it out online and nearly tore my hair out. Cr.mk feels so much better now, though. I just now found some changes on shadowloo.com. No idea how accurate they are.
    Drop the claw? BLASPHEMY! But dude.. I read all these AE changes forever ago, and it was all just make believe crap. Stuff like EX Scarlet Terror having invuln frames, pffft. I was testing it out online and nearly tore my hair out. Cr.mk feels so much better now, though. I just now found some changes on shadowloo.com. No idea how accurate they are.
    You should come out to Jerry's on Tuesday and get some games in.
    ^ I can't think of anything more gangsta than this!
  • ArsenalArsenal Not even close Joined: Posts: 4,195
    Devin, nobody wants to see your family videos.
    The Milwaukee public bus is pretty g. My first time riding it I saw a dude with a quarter of Jack trying to board the bus. Driver said no, he killed the bottle, rode the bus, and tried to sell me shampoo. It was dead noon in broad daylight.
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
  • Capn FuzzLov3Capn FuzzLov3 I will Surpass Even GOD! Joined: Posts: 98
    ROFLMAO OMG what is this, This is too funny
    The Milwaukee public bus is pretty g. My first time riding it I saw a dude with a quarter of Jack trying to board the bus. Driver said no, he killed the bottle, rode the bus, and tried to sell me shampoo. It was dead noon in broad daylight.
    Ok have I got a story for you. When I first moved out here I went to JJ Fish on Capital cuz dammit I love me some fried chicken. I place my order and some random crack head looking dude approaches me asking if I want to buy some bootleg DVD's. Gran Torino was in the theatre at the time and I wanted to see it so I asked him if he had it. He told me he did and said it would be $5. A younger much bigger bootleg DVD guy approaches and says he has it too and will sell it to me for $3. They start arguing and the older skinnier guy says something about kicking his ass and the much larger guy then procedes to lift his shirt up showing that he's packing heat. As he is doing this he says "Nigga I don't throw punches I throw bullets". My food was ready at this point I leave and the skinnier guy sells me Gran Torino in the parking lot for $3. Ahhhh Milwaukee.
  • ArsenalArsenal Not even close Joined: Posts: 4,195
    "I throw bullets", lmao. Wtf.
    It really puzzled me cuz the guy with the gun was like 6 foot 3 260 and the guy he was threatening was like 5 foot 6 140. He could have easily taken him in a fist fight but like he said he doesn't throw punches he throws bullets. That's Gangsta.
    Did you go home and snort some of that "Gran Torino"?

JJ fish is not bad at all. The first time I went there people thought I was pimping off a girl I was with. Started throwing prices and locations at me.
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Did you go home and snort some of that "Gran Torino"?

JJ fish is not bad at all. The first time I went there people thought I was pimping off a girl I was with. Started throwing prices and locations at me.
    No, no snorting involved I'm a Herbal Essence kinda guy. I did laugh my ass off when Clint Eastwood says "What the hell is a Ha mong?"

Happy 4th everybody! I have ribs and a beer can chicken going on my smoker. Playing some endless in between checking on the food and blowing some shit up.
  • EckertmaniaEckertmania Resident Chef Joined: Posts: 149
    Happy 4th everybody! I have ribs and a beer can chicken going on my smoker. Playing some endless in between checking on the food and blowing some shit up.

I've had the grill going earlier. Made some fantastic steaks on it. I'm going to save one for later, slice it really thin, and put it on top of a salad. It's going to be amazing.
    I love this place. I love these people. Everyday is doomsday.
    i learned everything about the hamongs in the movie gran turino and how like 80 percent of them are straight up gangsters and not to be trusted
    i learned everything about the hamongs in the movie gran turino and how like 80 percent of them are straight up gangsters and not to be trusted
    ^

In actuality, I've only met one so far in Milwaukee; shy, stocky fellow. Hmong are a myth.

So looking at the address in the OP. If that's the correct address, maaaaaay be there. Not 100% on that yet, but ya maybe, depending on how the day goes (summer classes are teh lamez).
  • EckertmaniaEckertmania Resident Chef Joined: Posts: 149
    Oh, that chicken and those ribs look fantastic.
    I love this place. I love these people. Everyday is doomsday.
    lol july 5th
    I be time traveling YJDK. Had to use the kid's digital camera apparently she set the date wrong.
  • ointmentsointments Mr. Clean Up Joined: Posts: 384
  • Chun PaiChun Pai Joined: Posts: 1,363
    so i know everybody has their own playstyle and like for instance Soloist doesn't pay attention to frame data or exactly which moves are safe or whatever, just goes by what he knows and has tried and works, where some people seem to know more about what moves are safe or what can be punished by what..

How do you guys play? i've been thinking about frame data and stuff and I don't really know how you begin to use that. Do you just identify which normals and specials have the lowest start up for your character/s and then keep those in mind? Look over some of your toughest matchups and see what moves they have that can be punished by those quicker attacks?

Because it seems like there's such a huge volume of data with almost 40 characters in AE that you'd have to focus on learning what will generally work with punishing what and keep that running in the back of your mind when those kinds of things appear.

Frame data is more about greater than or less than relationships than memorizing specific numbers, it would seem like. Or do I have it wrong?
    Frame data for me is kinda eh... I only really look it up if I'm wondering about possible counter attack setups and such. I think the benefit for knowing some frame data is usually circumstantial, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt to know a little bit.

As for match-ups. If I get wrecked by something, I mayyy go over the frame data for it and/or recreate the situation on training mode(atleast when I used to really play) to see what my options are. But the number of times I've really recreated sticky situations in training mode I can probably count on one hand.
    <-- lazy

I guess it just depends on how serious you are and how much time you put into the game.
    Just trying to figure out what methods are best for trying to get better.

Matchup Experience
    Training Mode - Combos/Execution
    Training Mode - Situational
    Hit Confirming
    Frame Data

Which is most important?
    since AE dropped ive been looking at frames a lot. I also DL'd this app for my droid that tells you frame data for every character.
    its easy to know what to punish if you look at frame data, you can see what normals link, and its also easy to see what is a true blockstring and what isnt so you dont get mashed outta stuff.. Ive been looking at it a lot recently just to figure out what I can punish with reversals and what not and when im getting hit by a frame trap. like djs machinegun upper is -5 frames on block and it leaves him too far for viper to punish at all, with sagat I can uppercut it though since his uppercuts come out in 5 frames. dudleys ex machinegun blow is reversal ultra punishable since most ultras come out in 6 or 7 frames and its -8 on block. and I cant do certain safe jumps with viper on shotos wakeup that I can do on sagat or others because shotos dps have a 3 frame startup while sagats has 5. yangs st.jab is +4 on block so I know if I time it right I can give you a 2 frame window between them so you think you can press a button and its a free hit confirm into low.mk x slashes, etc.

I think with ssf4 though most shit is universal and you can figure out what you can punish with what just by looking at the animation. like throw = 3 frame startup, I thik jump is a 3 frame startup, and gief spds are 2 frames so thats why you cant just hold up after the freeze screen, most low jabs are 3 frames,

this game isnt tekken though you dont have to worry about frames too much, you just have to know how the characters play and what they can do. a lot of players dont use frames though even in tekken, but its always better the more you know about the game.
    Just trying to figure out what methods are best for trying to get better.

Matchup Experience
    Training Mode - Combos/Execution
    Training Mode - Situational
    Hit Confirming
    Frame Data

Which is most important?

also all of these are equally important, you just have to play the game more. its not like one certain thing is gonna get you that far. especially in a game like this where every little thing is important. learning from your losses and not getting fustrated is the key, and looking to see how you get hit is important too.

Ill tell you though Ive been winning games a lott more recently since ive been focusing on playing against the player, not the character, footsies and keeping people grounded, and getting people into the corner and not letting them out for free.
    got XBL? I'll invite if you want some vega(bad) exp.
    That damn like button is making me lazy with my posts. I've gotta agree with Devin. Playing the player is invaluable advice. Nowadays everyone gets caught up with match up numbers and "broken" characters. If you can analyze your opponent and correctly predict their next step you should be able to take advantage of that and edge toward victory. That is where execution is important. Learn your character well enough so that when the situation presents itself you can make the most out of it.

Wow, I should take my own advice.
  • SpardaSparda DRIRR CRAW! Joined: Posts: 588
    if you don't know frames in tekken.. you won't be good at all
    <~P$C~>
    frame data isn't that important in street fighter. just learn to play the version of the game you like well. frames should be the last thing on your mind. especially if most of you guys are only playing like one day a week.

"a lot of players don't use frames in tekken".. yeah fucking mashers
    I should learn to block. :(
    I actually would really like to get some vega experience. I always get frustrated fighting vega. I think cause I get out poked and out anti-aired.

Probably best to try to get in close and pressure him, sort of like the sagat matchup. I don't know that vega has a lot he can do up close that's very safe.
  • Heroic_LegacyHeroic_Legacy Hero of all Theory Fighters Joined: Posts: 1,385
    Pick Gief. Stand at Claw c.mp range. You can LP SPD any poke Vega does since his throw boxes are huge thanks to his lean forward.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
  • shinwolverineshinwolverine I dont play fighting games (ノʘ‿ʘ)ノ☆ Joined: Posts: 758
    So are we having fight night tonight? or is Jerry moving or something?
    6y3e0.jpg
    its happening tonight.
    I cant go though I have to go to summerfest tonight with the rest of milwaukee.
    I should learn to block. :(
    haha nah you need to learn how to anti air. you let me se soo much free jumpins its ridiculous. even vs foots juri he just kept jumping in lol. you crouch tech verry well though.

also chun vs sagat is 6/4 chun. its all about getting him into the corner, getting ultra asap, getting a lead, and reacting to fireballs with ultras. I can play footsies with chun if I can walk back and forward and jump back but cant really do that in the corner.