M.Bison's nationality?

2

Comments

  • Psycho FlamePsycho Flame no..just no Joined: Posts: 151
    Yeah, I was gonna say that's not always the case, Urien in SF 3 has stages in Egypt and Mexico it doesn't necessarily mean he's Mexican or Egyptian....(what is he by the way??!)

    Urien is of test tube chicken descent.
    RIP: Brian "Mummy-B" Graham - 04
  • MertMert Yaouchh Seafood Soup Joined: Posts: 377
    Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 254 lbs.



    ... anybody else see anything wrong with this?
    Let's get real. The only reason I even go on SRK anymore is for the SF2CE thread. True story.
  • MertMert Yaouchh Seafood Soup Joined: Posts: 377
    Maybe he's an alien.



    Only if he spoke like RX: "Heyy Frakiee....Tooooo eazzzzzzzzy"
    Let's get real. The only reason I even go on SRK anymore is for the SF2CE thread. True story.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    maybe hes an android
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Bison is a brotha, black folks come in many many different shadez but Bison is a brotha.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    given his actual name is Vega, he's a latino of some sort.. i would guess spanish

    i would think this is kind of obvious, especially for you sf comic/cannon nerds
  • two2tonetwo2tone R U Hmoob? Joined: Posts: 1,359
    Bison is a I love My Little Pony so much it hurts... He seems to use hella steriods during the Alpha series... then he got skinny again in SFII... then got Buff again... From looking @ the old Street Fighter (live actions) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111301/ he is obviously... a guy from mexico or spain... but then again the OLD SF commercials that CAPCOM used to have played... he is an asian guy... so i wouldnt know either...

    I have a comment about Urien? What's the fucken use of wearing clothes when he strips every fucken match?
    The more I play SF4, the more I realize how 3S is such a better game SF4 is.
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RodT wrote:
    They never made any backstory on him at all?

    Of course they did, quite a bit actually, just nothing that clear-cut finalizes his nationality.

    To ragnafrak, the name Vega is also Arabic.
  • PhilipKaoPhilipKao The Paycheck Playa Joined: Posts: 29
    he's southeast asian, end of story. and yes he does look it.

    Live For The First Time
  • RoogleRoogle Soul Throw Joined: Posts: 215
    TS wrote:
    -Bison never switched bodies.

    -Rose did not come from Bison.

    -Bison's nationality was intentionally never stated, and his origin was likewise left undisclosed to make him seem more mysterious. Anyone who tells you his nationality is guessing.

    Are you saying that, aside from Rose, Bison never switched bodies, or are you saying that he never took over Rose temporarily before having the new body made for him?

    On the topic, Bison wasn't given a nationality in any canon source. I don't think he looks that Asian, either, but I can't tell since he doesn't even have pupils.
    Can you see who truly wields the power granted only to us?
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Roogle wrote:
    Are you saying that, aside from Rose, Bison never switched bodies, or are you saying that he never took over Rose temporarily before having the new body made for him?

    Second one. He never switched bodies, ever, ever ever.
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TS wrote:
    Second one. He never switched bodies, ever, ever ever.

    Ok, so what do you believe happened with him between SFZ3 and SF2, as well as with Rose?
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is ther any account...any manga, even, ANYTHING other than the plot guide, which says that Bison has EVER switched bodies? The fact that we know all kinds of unimportant BS (Ken hates soap operas, Ryu hates spiders, etc) and yet Capcom of Japan never mentions anywhere, at any point that Bison ever switched bodies...that is harsh enough evidence that something is wrong with that theory.

    The only time it's ever brought up, ever, is in SFA3, and is a mistranslation of Bison's storyline points (he wants to use Ryu's body for his experiments, to fuel the Psycho Drive in this case), and even Bison's own ending supports this (he clearly doesn't switch bodies).


    As for what happened in between SFZ3 and SF2: nothing. There is not a direct continuity between the two games, as Z3 wasn't written with SF2 to directly follow it. It's basically a dream match, with all of the Alpha characters thrown in and all of the SSF2T characters showing up... SFA vs SF2, sorta, and they all meet somewhere in the middle. If you're going to choose random things from SFZ3 and say that they occured in the general continuity...whatever. But everything certainly cannot. Thus, Bison dying is one of those things...if you want to make SFZ3 come directly before SF2, disregard Bison dying (and also the Psycho Drive, for that matter...a main story point of SFZ3). How people overlook Bison dying in every single ending except for his own and Rose's (the two he would be least likely to die in), and see ONLY those two endings, boggles my mind.

    More specifically, the stuff about Bison jumping into Rose's body was essentially made up; it was a guess, because someone thought that's what her A3 ending looked like, and went along with the general (retarded) theory of Bison switching bodies.

    Previous post abour the Rose stuff: http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2580994&postcount=515

    Important points:

    -No mention of Bison switching bodies, EVER, except for the A3 mistranslation (which is contradicted by what actually happens in the game)

    -No post-A3 accounts, anywhwere.

    -Yun, Ingrid etc being in varios ports of A3 supports the thoery that some stuff is just there for the sake of the game, and not the storyline.

    Simply; SFZ3 and SF2 are incongruent, in any number of ways. You can either say certain stuff in A3 didn't happen if you're going to try to make it fit (Bison dying would be one of thse, therefore no need for the body-switching nonsense), or you can view them as seperate works. I prefer the latter.
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SFZ3 takes place 3 years before SF2. Even your beloved AASFZ3 holds that to be true, so don't say that the two games are incongruent.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The two games are CLEARLY incongruent.

    How many years before SF2 it would be, or how long after Alpha 2 (which is not listed, interestingly enough) does not change that. You might as well be saying that Bison's SFA2 ending fits perfectly into the storyline or that every character won SF2.

    If you are trying to present a consistent timeline for the SF games (mistake #1), there are some things which simply cannot happen. This is obviously true, as not every ending is valid, and not everything in all of the games can take place, because they contradict each-other...some characters shouldn't even be in the game (Charlie, Gen etc), and it is a fact that they are in the game (SFA3/Z3) because it's a sequel, and you want as many characters as possible, especially considering it's the final game in the series.

    SFA3 has this in abundance, and, so, there are a great many things which happen in the game which do not exist in the universe of SF2 (and thus incongruencies appear), and the game doesn't even try to head in that direction, except for Cammy and Guile's endings (and that is debatable).

    Because Capcom may like stuff from A3 and put it in other games (aka SSF2 Revival) does not mean the events actually transpired in a general timeline (which does not exist) anymore than them taking Bison's character design from the SF2 movie and using it in the SFA games makes the SF2 movie a part of canon.

    Is the fact that A3 doesn't fit before SF2 (compare with A2 for contrast) perfectly such a sin that people can't accept it? Or have people just become accustomed to the plot guide's explanations, even the ones that are made up?
  • RoogleRoogle Soul Throw Joined: Posts: 215
    I wonder whatever happened to Rose if, as you say, her body was never taken over by Bison.

    I always thought that her and Bison were good characters, but I think they wore Bison a little too thin over all the games and didn't really develop him too much. I mean, this topic, for example ? we don't even know his nationality.
    Can you see who truly wields the power granted only to us?
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    Roogle wrote:
    I wonder whatever happened to Rose if, as you say, her body was never taken over by Bison.

    I always thought that her and Bison were good characters, but I think they wore Bison a little too thin over all the games and didn't really develop him too much. I mean, this topic, for example ? we don't even know his nationality.

    ...Truth. Too bad Gouki is not totally mysterious. He'd be next to Bison, also.

    I would rule out SFZ3 on many levels just as many, including SNK, would say that King of Fighters '98 is a dream conspired by the developers, the fans, and the old guy shooing away those brats from the arcades. It is just a complimentary game that tells all the boys and girls that they have heard the pleas for great game. Sorry, this is from the last few parts of the conversation.

    Capcom's difference is that in SFZ3, they actually built a story around the characters, yet only one is the real conclusion in the bunch. If anything, think of Z3 as the odd Christmas gift your brother gave you when it comes to its' other factors, including gameplay.

    Which movie are you referring to, btw? Live Action or The Animated Movie? Forget the Alphas 'ere. If you use the LA movie, then Bison is Italian. hahahaha
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • Sheng-LongSheng-Long Joined: Posts: 1,419
    TS wrote:
    ...snip...

    co-sign

    the fuckin TRUTH !!!!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mert wrote:
    ... anybody else see anything wrong with this?

    That could be his alpha stats...if you added a foot in height.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RodT wrote:
    They never made any backstory on him at all?


    This IS Capcom we're talking about here. They usually make up backstories 3 or so years after the characters show up in a fighter, and sometimes, not ever.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Look at precrisis Bison (Alpha 3). Asians don't get that damned big.


    Ahem.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • OtherOther Wise Guy Joined: Posts: 755
    Look at precrisis Bison (Alpha 3). Asians don't get that damned big.
    We ARE talking about a game that gives E.Honda chiselled abs.:confused: For the sake that I'll have a headache I'll just walk away.
    XBL: ScuubaSteefe
    PSN: Aethersol
    GGPO: ScuubaSteefe
    League of Legends: AetherSol
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Roogle wrote:
    I wonder whatever happened to Rose if, as you say, her body was never taken over by Bison.

    I always thought that her and Bison were good characters, but I think they wore Bison a little too thin over all the games and didn't really develop him too much. I mean, this topic, for example ? we don't even know his nationality.

    I can agree that Vega was worn too thin with Capcom USA's storyline, but not Japan's. Still he's been kept mysterious across either side of the Pacific, and still no nationality was officially revealed.

    TS, Vega's soul took over Rose's body during their battle in Zero 3. That was not made up. AAC says it, Rose's SFZ3 entry. Take it as you will.
  • CrouchingTigerCrouchingTiger MacBauer who? Joined: Posts: 719
    Who said Bison is from Earth? O_o
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    vasili10 wrote:

    TS, Vega's soul took over Rose's body during their battle in Zero 3. That was not made up. AAC says it, Rose's SFZ3 entry. Take it as you will.


    Apparently, TS's strongest points were that 'it hasn't been stated, therefore it can't be true' and 'the endings dont support it, so it can't happen'

    As we know both of those premises are very weak and easily proved true and false, kinda like saying 'ryu won the SFII tournament because he's clearly one of the best and because a lot of endings showed him walking away after beating bison.'

    Now, when i first heard the body-switching 'theory', it was a direct translation from one of the official capcom books, AAC apparently, so i believed it to be fact.

    TS, you have said nothing that truly disproves it, all you are saying is that you dont believe it in spite of the facts because there isn't enough in-game proof to please you...
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Although I think TS brings up some really good points, I have to say that there is reason to believe in a body transfer. If Rose's ending suggests it, and AAC confirms it, then who are we to argue. I would, however, like to know what exactly is stated in AAC. Anyone got a quote?

    Mohammed Ali
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I always figured he was middle eastern, like a mix of Muslim and Indian. That's just based on his skin tone and map spot though. It's just a completely uneducated guess.
  • RokisephRokiseph The Subtle Rushdowner. Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ok here it is...

    "In the ending, it is revealed that the Lady was Vega's once Disciple. It was only near the end of the battle that she realised, too late, that she and Vega's souls were the same, subsequently, Vega's Soul and Rose's body continued in existence.."

    Extracted from AAC Appendix. Summary of Rose SFZ3 ending.

    This does not mean that there were once one entity. As it is, it could mean that she and vega have the same type of souls, just like blood type.

    And i've checked the Endings of Alpha3 VS Zero3

    The endings are slightly different, different enough to cause a HUGE misunderstanding of what happened.

    To make things clear

    1. I've NEVER seen anywhere stating that Rose came from Vega.
    2. Rose makes it clear in the ending that vega was once her Master, as in TEACHER, not Lord. In the AAC Summary it is stated that she was his DISCIPLE. So the relationship is very clear here.
    3. Vega says that his soul will live on.
    4. Where it says
    "Right... we'll return to where we belong... as was our wish!!
    Two separate lives share the same... soul..."
    it should actually mean
    "Yes...right back where we began. Yours.... and My wish will succeed!"

    There is ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION of Two separate lives sharing one soul.

    After reading through everything, this sounds more like ;
    Rose was Vega's Disciple. They both shared a COMMON GOAL once long ago.
    For some reason, they split up as master and student.
    Now Rose has decided to finish Vega off, and almost does it. Until Vega explains to her no, his soul will not be finished off. More talk...And Then he says, yes, just like in the Beginning, "Yours...and My Wish/Goal/Hope will succeed!!" <- This refers to their once common goal.
    And he proceeds to talk to himself"Life alters...the soul...." "GUAAAAAAAaa!!!!!!"

    5. And yes, the body that Guy is cradling gently in his arms is VEGA.

    Of course, Reading the Summary by AAC, and looking at the Ending itself, they also seem to differ somewhat. I won't forget here though, that the summary in AAC was done by a person who didn't come up with the Ending in the first place. The entire Appendix of AAC was done by one person.

    It's sad that the American and Japanese translation are so close yet so different in the most important aspects.

    AFAIK the argument here should be "Did Rose's ending, where Bison's Soul got transferred into her body, really happen?"

    And from here, I shall just say that if that were true, then it's a rather weird end because then that means Bison's Body is no more, as he immediately disappears. So how do the other endings fit in?

    Although it's been years, I haven't had a chance to ask Tiamat about the official statements. Why don't we ask him?
    K-Groove - "Under End" Team Todo, Haoh, Gief
    "The End" Team R4 - Dan
    I tell Dan everyday "Just because you're passionate does NOT mean you're talented
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    it STILL makes perfect sense to me...

    From what i understood, although a close match, Vega won the fight against Rose, leaving her half dead, then probably went back to the psychodrive to 'recharge' which is probably where he was ambushed by guile/charlie, the psychodrive blew up, he was able to soul-travel to Rose's half-dead body (though both fights might've happened in the same place).

    Charlie's sacrifice might've been simply to destroy the psychodrive, since he probably wasn't strong enough to actually beat Vega.

    If vega's body simply began decomposing instead of just blowing up when the psychodrive was destroyed, and Rose's body was at a reasonable distance, then i dont think it's too far fetched at all...
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar The Grumpy Surly One Joined: Posts: 1,092
    I don't know about Bison and Rose's origins, and that's likely because far as I know, Capcom never stated exactly what they were. It's interesting that the whole "They share the same soul" thing was a mistranslation, but in the end, if it's stated that the body Guy is holding is Vega's body, then our statements that Vega's soul transferred to Rose's body still holds true whether they shared the same soul or not. So we should be able to confirm this much, I think

    As for what happened afterwords, Saiki stated that Shadaloo scientists made a new body for Bison. Unfortunately, we have yet to track down the official statement for this, and seeing as to how Saiki's dissappeared off the plane of existance known as the internet, we really can't ask him. However, it IS true that Shadaloo has displayed the ability to create bodies out of scratch. Cammy is a prime example of this. So it isn't unfeasible for them to make Bison a new body. However, again, we have yet to track down the official statement for this and the only person who's a source for it (Saiki) doesn't seem to be around, now...

    Of course, if there's a better explanation for how Bison got to be in SF2 after transferring to Rose's body in SFZ3 (which IS confirmed), I'd like to hear it.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tragik wrote:
    Apparently, TS's strongest points were that 'it hasn't been stated, therefore it can't be true' and 'the endings dont support it, so it can't happen'

    As we know both of those premises are very weak and easily proved true and false, kinda like saying 'ryu won the SFII tournament because he's clearly one of the best and because a lot of endings showed him walking away after beating bison.'

    Now, when i first heard the body-switching 'theory', it was a direct translation from one of the official capcom books, AAC apparently, so i believed it to be fact.

    TS, you have said nothing that truly disproves it, all you are saying is that you dont believe it in spite of the facts because there isn't enough in-game proof to please you...

    I said that it was never stated, anywhwere in any source, that Bison ever changed bodies...ever. "Ever." This statement is true.

    If you would take Rose's SFA3 ending as being an official part of the storyline, Bison's body is destroyed; therefore, if SF2 follows SFA3, Bison would need a new body, as the boss character in the SF2 games is clearly not Rose. If Bison recieved a new body, it's safe to assume it would have been stated somewhere (even if only in SF2 Revival, a reworking of the SF2 storyline), and it was not.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rokiseph wrote:
    Ok here it is...

    "In the ending, it is revealed that the Lady was Vega's once Disciple. It was only near the end of the battle that she realised, too late, that she and Vega's souls were the same, subsequently, Vega's Soul and Rose's body continued in existence.."

    Ah, thanks. I stand corrected! The ending is weird and abhorrent, and I think my previous points stand as to why I don't think it would be an official part of the storyline. But, I assumed that it was conjecture (see also: the whole "Zangief is gay" thing), and it seems that I was wrong about that.

    Thanks for clearing that up. You don't happen to have her A2 account, do you? I was curious about the translation of her ending.
    AFAIK the argument here should be "Did Rose's ending, where Bison's Soul got transferred into her body, really happen?"

    And from here, I shall just say that if that were true, then it's a rather weird end because then that means Bison's Body is no more, as he immediately disappears. So how do the other endings fit in?

    I'm sure you could guess my position on this, haha.

    In summary: if SF2 is to follow SFA3, there are certain things which happen in the game which cannot happen...example: Bison dying (which happens in EVERY ending but 2, HINT HINT), Charlie living (unless you maintain that he's still alive somewhere) SnH/Evil Ryu's ending, etc. Rose's ending would lean towards being one of these. Both because it is extreme and weird, and because there is no clear path to SF2.
  • RoogleRoogle Soul Throw Joined: Posts: 215
    Rokiseph wrote:
    1. I've NEVER seen anywhere stating that Rose came from Vega.
    2. Rose makes it clear in the ending that vega was once her Master, as in TEACHER, not Lord. In the AAC Summary it is stated that she was his DISCIPLE. So the relationship is very clear here.
    3. Vega says that his soul will live on.
    4. Where it says
    "Right... we'll return to where we belong... as was our wish!!
    Two separate lives share the same... soul..."
    it should actually mean
    "Yes...right back where we began. Yours.... and My wish will succeed!"

    Interesting. I think I once read a fansite about Rose that had conjecture on there saying that Rose and Bison were once intertwined because of their respective powers. Rose is not evil, but she believes in power coming from spirituality and otherworldly aspects, which is what her power and Bison's do. It later stated that because of her moral apathy, she never did anything about Bison until he managed to shift the balance of the world by being so evil - she was not able to win the battle because as she kept going after Bison after Street Fighter Alpha 2, she became just like him, and essentially was no different from him in that respect.

    Later on, it went on to say that Soul Power and Psycho Power were a lot alike, and more than Rose wanted to admit. Her revelation and vision in her ending said something about her seeing herself being the cause of what she wanted to prevent or something.

    Like I said, it wasn't from any official material, just seemed like a bit of conjecture thrown out from the person that made the site.
    Can you see who truly wields the power granted only to us?
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    If anyone could provide a translation of the whole Japanese ending for Rose that would be much appreciated,
    Also, can anyone find the required quotes from AAC? I think until these 2 things are done, this thread will keep going around in circles...

    Mohammed Ali
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Me- Ending doesn't happen because, for other reasons, Bison states that it is Rose who will cause these events to happen, for Bison's ultimate ambition to come true (assumption that he means Rose's body)...things obviously didn't happen that way, thus, the ending is void. Arguments?


    Roogle- he's putting too much thought into it, I think. I don't believe Rose's ending reflects any sort of change in her character.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought he was american because I read somewhere that he use to be Guile and Charlie's commanding officer befroe her sold them out.
    C.O.P.A

    Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • OtherOther Wise Guy Joined: Posts: 755
    Damn man...we should be doing all the writing for Capcom. All they do sit around and collect royalties. They'd make a killing and we'd be able to make SF understandable!:annoy:

    Personally though I'd be writing for Breath of Fire. We haven't had a good story since part 4!:rolleyes:
    XBL: ScuubaSteefe
    PSN: Aethersol
    GGPO: ScuubaSteefe
    League of Legends: AetherSol
  • CPS IVCPS IV Capsule Entertainment ( Owner / Founder ) Joined: Posts: 1,158 mod
    Fei Long resembles Bruce Lee?

    Dhalsim resembles Ghandi?

    Balrog resembles Mike Tyson?

    Bison resembles Hitler????
  • KindredSpiritzKindredSpiritz Joined: Posts: 191
    wrote: »
    I always figured he was middle eastern, like a mix of Muslim and Indian. That's just based on his skin tone and map spot though. It's just a completely uneducated guess.

    Are you stupid or wilfully ignorant? Muslim is a follower of a religion.

  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,741
    Well, since you dug this back up, I'm gonna say that he's obviously Puerto Rican.

    Raul-Julia-raul-julia-18322076-668-1000.jpg
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

    CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
2
Sign In or Register to comment.