Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @Essenthy‌
    If the bone guessing comes out wrong, you can see how it does with no bone guessing (likely won't look great but who knows). You could also try exporting it as an obj and then using obj2emg and emoappend to add a non-moving object to a single bone (can be good for hats, sunglasses, etc.). If none of that works, you'd have to re-rig to the new skeleton in Blender.

To remove objects, the easiest method is to toggle the object visibility to 'off' in the asset explorer. If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to use alpha/col-based transparency. Either way, there may not be anything underneath it.

You can have (almost) as many textures as you want inside of a col.emb. If the object doesn't have a texture, it's probably because it doesn't have an entry in the obj.emm, which can be fixed by either creating a new section for it (usually by duplicating an existing section) or by renaming the model in the obj.emo via hex editing (this is a new problem with v2014 and Ultra).

@tibu‌
    It works just like doing it in hex, so the old col-based transparency tutorial is still helpful. You just open the EMM, click on the object you want to enable transparency on in the left-hand pane, then in the new window that pops up, add alphatest or alphablend or whatever else you want to add there at the end. You don't have to worry about replacing BrushA/B/C/D like in hex.

@ShaZe‌
    There are no tutorials that I know of except for the ones linked on the wikis' tutorials pages, but I think trying to do the whole mesh at once is difficult. I think it's easier to export the skeleton and rig/export/append individual objects one at a time.
  • fistoftheryustarfistoftheryustar Joined: Posts: 2,170
    hunterk wrote: »
    @fistoftheryustar‌
    It's not exactly what you were requesting, but have you seen monkeygigabuster92's "wanderer"? I don't think any costumes have appropriate bones for doing regular Ryu gi + cape, though the closest matches would probably be either Dictator or Claw's caped alts.

@Essenthy‌
    Model swapping is a little tougher than that and requires combining several basic techniques (model editing with misfit, creating emb bundles with kensou's tool, DDS reference editing, EMM editing) all at once. This tutorial covers the actual swapping part:
    http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2011/08/intermediate-guide-to-sf4-emg-model.html

Ive definitely seen wandering Ryu. Was sorta sad because Ive been carrying the cloak Ryu idea since around 2009 and wanted to ask Capcom for something that references older material, and also had a wilderness Ryu that looked a little like wandering ryu. When I saw that I was like welp that curs the chances of my design being made.

Its great but not the same as regular Ryu outfit. I woulda guessed a good base be Akumas cloak but I guess its different as the hood is on and would be completely different to "pull it down" polygonial speaking
    My drawing:
    Mai cheats on Ryu - "Shin Shoryuken!"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7115525&postcount=252
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,835
    I have a question. I've never done any modding or even attempted it myself to any game. I really like Evil Ryu's new alt costume but I've never been fond of the red hair. Which is why I always choose the other alts that have black hair. So basically is their a really quick and simple way I can color his hair black? And black like his color 7 version from his original costume?
  • kenji490kenji490 Joined: Posts: 225
    @MaesterWar‌

mediafire.com/download/h6oz35fh1vtp5b3/HUG.rar

I was not online, sorry.

@ShaZe‌
    I think is the blender ver., I use 2.65 and is ok but with 2.65a I get that problem.
  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33
    edited August 2014
    kenji490 wrote: »
    @ShaZe‌
    I think is the blender ver., I use 2.65 and is ok but with 2.65a I get that problem.

Hmm thats interresting, I was using 2.66a. I will give it a shot with 2.65. Thanks!

Edit : Actually I can't try with 2.65 since the source tool are no longer available for that version. But I tried with 2.71 and despite the exporter working more smoothly, the same issue still occur. It really seems like there is a special step that has to be done otherwise I would probably not be getting all these hundreds of sub-objects.

Do we have to specify the engine path?

Post edited by ShaZe on
  • JaldaboathJaldaboath SHOULDERCANNONSON Joined: Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Ztitus‌: Love the recolors.
    @monkeygigabuster92‌ E.Ryu first!

@Rice_Eater‌ it's not that hard, you'll want to follow this guide: http://filthypants.blogspot.mx/2010/10/beginners-guide-to-sf4-skinning.html
    "One day, in a far off place, a small tribe witnessed a big animal, doing something different: walking on its hind legs. The scared tribe swore it was the devil, walking on land. That devil became the creature called Jaldaboath" - b1gazn
    2006 Most Fucked Up Battle Poll Champion: Vile

If you're looking for a USFIV updated mod, check out the "Mega Pack vol.2." And my dA page.
  • SadiskaSadiska Joined: Posts: 46
    I thought this may help the modders who haven't bought the Vacation costume pack but want to see the different colors/designs and whatnot.

I don't know if it will or not but here ya go: http://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/2dgdp7/all_costumes_and_colors_for_the_usf4_vacation_dlc/
  • LanceKusanagiLanceKusanagi Joined: Posts: 22
    EC1F577F6A4B2EF1A82AD5B21F2D07F30AAE1EBA

435D22734EA4F7A3F8359CE4529BC42962E8E661

And out of no where, My First Skin! Yay! To think I almost gave up.

This isnt anything im actually Making, I just wanted to see if I could do it correctly :) I pretty much made her the color of her Super. congratulate me :D
  • MaesterWarMaesterWar "Full Power Modding ..!!!!" Joined: Posts: 806
    @kenji490‌, thanks again you are awesome.
    @monkeygigabuster92, Ryu.. Evil Ryu. They both look bad ASS and are Itching to be released.
    MaeSterWaR aka MaeSteRlee aka MaeSteR... http://maesterlee.deviantart.com
  • EssenthyEssenthy Joined: Posts: 923
    edited August 2014
    @hunterk thanks for the quick reply, is there a tutorial for editing/adding textures to obj.emm ?

also if i edit the main obj.emo model, will every color be affected or does every color has its own model ?

nvm, found the tutorial on your blog !
    Post edited by Essenthy on
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/kuruoshiki
    SFV Main:Ryu, Ibuki

My Music : https://soundcloud.com/eloh-im
  • joemeshjoemesh Joined: Posts: 10
    @stinkyfingaz Damn these are great. Thank you. 3, 5, and 8 are my favorites.
  • MaesterWarMaesterWar "Full Power Modding ..!!!!" Joined: Posts: 806
    @stickyfingers‌ , wow,simply amazing. Awesome work.
    MaeSterWaR aka MaeSteRlee aka MaeSteR... http://maesterlee.deviantart.com
  • Jazz catJazz cat Joined: Posts: 239
    Where is the character select portraits file now?? I can't find it to update my stylish portraits mod.. Every chara select file i find and mod doesn't seem to make any difference.. :/
    Australian PSN eh?
  • LanceKusanagiLanceKusanagi Joined: Posts: 22
    14244947943942D646A47F3C247465A5F419D262

Made another, more serious try. Im liking this one :)
    edited August 2014
    Jazz cat wrote: »
    Where is the character select portraits file now?? I can't find it to update my stylish portraits mod.. Every chara select file i find and mod doesn't seem to make any difference.. :/

Char Seelect : patch_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara
    Char HUD : patch_ae2\battle\hud\ENG
  • ShunsaiShunsai Joined: Posts: 40

Poison SFxTK Swap Costume 10 Colors Pack by Stinkyfingaz: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/17174218/file.html

I'm a little unclear- is this a mod for USF4 or SFxT?
    hey guys, how can i extract single DDS texture when they are all in one single DDS file like this ?

HRFcbzA.jpg

i only need the hair for example

• ZangetsuBladeZangetsuBlade Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi, i have a mod with a clipping issue similar with the Ryu DLC from a page ago, and i'm new to this, so how can i fix it ?
  • BrutalAceBrutalAce Brutal Modder Joined: Posts: 734
    @Essenthy‌

You don't need to extract a part, just extract the whole dds file then work on hairs area in Photoshop or GIMP and then inject the modified dds back into emb file using Asset Explorer or compile new emb file using Kensou's tool. If you mean the hair mesh instead of texture then that can be extracted from emo file using Asset Explorer (will give you obj format) or EMG2SMD (will give you smd format).
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @ZangetsuBlade‌
    Fixing clipping is actually a pretty big hassle that requires re-rigging the object in most cases and in some cases can't be fixed at all, short of just moving the offending part out of the way. You see: the SF4 engine has no real concept of collision or physics like, for example, the Source engine. Instead, it's all faked in the bsr file.
    edited August 2014
    BrutalAce wrote: »
    @Essenthy‌

You don't need to extract a part, just extract the whole dds file then work on hairs area in Photoshop or GIMP and then inject the modified dds back into emb file using Asset Explorer or compile new emb file using Kensou's tool. If you mean the hair mesh instead of texture then that can be extracted from emo file using Asset Explorer (will give you obj format) or EMG2SMD (will give you smd format).

no not the mesh, just the texture to link them to hair model, i already managed to swap the hair models ,but i have no idea how to manipulate DDS texture ? cut copy and past , crop ? sorry for my noobish questions ... like what do you mean exatcly by working them ? i dont have photoshop but Gimp is free right ? is there a tutorial for swapping texture and manipulating them ?
    e3YEPaZ.jpg

• monkeygigabuster92monkeygigabuster92 Haunted by Wesker Joined: Posts: 991
    Essenthy wrote: »
    no not the mesh, just the texture to link them to hair model, i already managed to swap the hair models ,but i have no idea how to manipulate DDS texture ? cut copy and past , crop ? sorry for my noobish questions ... like what do you mean exatcly by working them ? i dont have photoshop but Gimp is free right ? is there a tutorial for swapping texture and manipulating them ?
    For that sake,you should create a new EMB files which contain 2 DDS files(one for Summer Ryu and one for the hair) by using kensou tool,after that use DDS reference tool to assign the right DDS files for the EMG

I have to remind you,since the summer costume doesn't have the skeleton for the long hair,the hair will be static for sure

http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Provided simple polish mod
  • stinkyfingazstinkyfingaz Joined: Posts: 26
    edited August 2014
    Shunsai wrote: »
    I'm a little unclear- is this a mod for USF4 or SFxT?
    Sorry I should have specified: it's for USF4.
    (I thought the 10 colors thing would have given you a hint, I'll edit it)

Edit: edited
    Post edited by stinkyfingaz on
    a3ih97b.png?1
    @monkeygigabuster92 thanks gonna try that, when i tried to load the model IG, the hair actually move but in a weird way

• siegfried1siegfried1 Joined: Posts: 475
    hi there
    as I can to increase the contrast decapre?
  • tibutibu Joined: Posts: 108
    edited August 2014
    @hunterk
    Thanks for the response,friend.Unfortunately it is my first time in transparency section,so I don't even know what alphatest or alphablend is and other things.But at least I shall try your procedure as you say.If I get stuck anywhere I shall let you know.Please then help me.Thank you.
  • artificerenartificeren Joined: Posts: 762
    If anybody is taking requests, could somebody please look into fixing Gouken's new "Poseidon" costume? The hip joint area is just horrible!
  • Ad-RockAd-Rock Joined: Posts: 4
    So, anyone know of any working HUD mods? I've tried Smooth Bars but nothin' seems to change.
    Hmmm since I couldnt modify any models due to blender not exporting compatible SMD, I went in a search for similar models which I am trying to convert however I ran into an odd problem;

Even though the model has successfully been appended, the textures references modified to new textures that have been matched to fit the new UVs, there is still some objects within the EMG that appear textureless. The EMG only contain 1 normal and 1 diffuse texture reference. Any idea what could cause an object to be completely gray?

It shouldnt be an alpha problem. It almost look like the object doesnt have the correct properties but there is no information available about the data contained within the EMG sub-objects.
  • AlffAlff Joined: Posts: 449
    Gave up the Asura Stage or even intend to do?
  • BrutalAceBrutalAce Brutal Modder Joined: Posts: 734
    @ShaZe‌

About Blender not exporting, which smd tools version you are using ? if you have version 2.1.xxx or higher then they are the latest ones and often cause issues so it's best to get version 1.8.5 or 1.9.0, search Google for "IO SMD tools 1.8.5". You'll have to install the zip file from Blender preferences.

As for grey texture, make sure the materials are defined in emm files, for example if you have an emg with material groups (skin)(skin)(shirt)(pants) then all three name entries (skin, shirt, pants) should be in col emm files otherwise the texture will appear as grey. Previously it wasn't an issue but after Steam transition updating emm files is mandatory.

• sigma_g19sigma_g19 YDK Lord Joined: Posts: 38
    Lol, these are looking sweet. :-)
    "Boku ni wa kate nai yo~"
    @BrutalAce‌
    You were spot on, I had no clue the emm files were defining the material used by the submeshs. One of them had a different name.
    As for the blender SMD problem, thanks for letting me know that it might really be a plugin issue. I had given up since it really looked like it was a poor setup issue after trying multiple versions of blender.

It is really apparent that you have been working with that engine for quite a while :) Once again, huge thanks!
  • SnaxSnax Joined: Posts: 186
    I've replaced music files before, but that was 2 years ago. Where is the location in Ultra, and do I need some specific file types for it? I just want to replace some of the stage themes to play throughout, rather than switching when someone has their Ultra.

That Asura costume looks really good. Way nicer than default Evil Ryu's stupid french fry hair.
  • ArklionheartArklionheart You must defeat my Shoryuken to stand a chance. Joined: Posts: 34
    @BrutalAce, judging from her spiky hair, the top of her hair should spike a little? Just my opinion, but looks good.
    l.png