Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• TetrasporeTetraspore Joined: Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys, fairly new to the scene, not new to modeling/texturing/the basics. Basically, I'm trying to utilize model data from an outside source, and, to my understanding, you have to break the model up into separate pieces because the engine only allows for 4 individual bones to hold influence on a vertex, correct? It's a bit confusing, so basically I'm wondering if anyone has compiled a start-to-finish rigging guide for SF:IV. Also, is it possible to use 3DS Max for all of the rigging? It's individual preference but I find it much more intuitive to rig in 3DS Max than in Blender or Maya.

Also, is there a tutorial for porting for porting SFXT Mods to USFIV?
    Post edited by Tetraspore on
  • Jazz catJazz cat Joined: Posts: 239
    ShaZe wrote: »
    Jazz cat wrote: »
    Where is the character select portraits file now?? I can't find it to update my stylish portraits mod.. Every chara select file i find and mod doesn't seem to make any difference.. :/

Char Seelect : patch_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara
    Char HUD : patch_ae2\battle\hud\ENG

You sure? I Don't have a chara folder in patch_ae2\ui\chara_select...
    i'm looking here.. Steam\SteamApps\common\Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition\patch_ae2\ui\chara_select

The file there (chara_select_patch.emz) doesn't seem to be the one the game is using.
    Australian PSN eh?
  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33
    edited August 2014
    Where is the character select portraits file now?? I can't find it to update my stylish portraits mod.. Every chara select file i find and mod doesn't seem to make any difference.. :/

Char Seelect : patch_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara
    Char HUD : patch_ae2\battle\hud\ENG

You sure? I Don't have a chara folder in patch_ae2\ui\chara_select...
    i'm looking here.. Steam\SteamApps\common\Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition\patch_ae2\ui\chara_select

The file there (chara_select_patch.emz) doesn't seem to be the one the game is using.

You have to create the folder.

Always use Resource or DLC folder as a reference for the overall structure, use the patch_ae2 with the same structure to overwrite any files without requiring to do a backup. The only exceptions would be any mods replacing the DLC costumes as far as I know. But even there, I am pretty sure there is a way to use the patch folder to overwrite DLC costumes, I just don't mind enough to find what it would be.

A little more throughout explanation of the structure :
    Core Folders & Files :
    resource\ui\chara_select\chara\sel_JRI.tex.emz
    dlc\04_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara\sel_PSN.tex.emz
    dlc\04_ae2\battle\hud\ENG\PSN\chara.tex.emz

Get overwritten by :
    patch_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara\sel_JRI.tex.emz
    patch_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara\sel_PSN.tex.emz
    patch_ae2\battle\hud\ENG\PSN\chara.tex.emz

patch_ae2 is the new preferable folder to use to drop your mods in since it take precedence over the content of the other folders.
    In arcade edition, it was patch_1_07.

Use the DLC folder to retrieve the original content to modifiy from the Ultra Edition, or use the Resource folder for anything available since Arcade Edition.
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @Tetraspore‌
    The rigging stuff is the least covered by tutorials because it has the least to do with SF4, specifically, and more to do with whichever program you're using to rig. You an use 3DSMax to rig, but you have to bring it back into Blender for the final export to SMD, AFAIK. You're right about busting up the model to avoid the 4-bone influence limit. There are some tutorials (from khaledantar666 and BrutalAce, IIRC) linked on the wikis (some are on the SFxT wiki and some on the AE/USF4 wiki, I think; check tutorial pages on both).

There's no tutorial for porting SFxT mods/costumes, either, but it pretty much amounts to: swap models with EMGSwap, take texture and normal map from SFxT and put into nml.emb (discard the blue channel from the nmap to get rid of the weird greasy look) and col.emb for AE/USF4, change EMM shaders/materials to USF4-compatible ones (i.e., get rid of the RGB shit) and--the worst part--repaint the texture to get rid of the cyan custom color stuff. If you isolate the red channel, you'll have a grayscale image of the texture, which you can then paint over using layer combine tricks to colorize. If there are a lot of moving parts (controlled by the 2ry file in SFxT and bsr in AE/USF4), you might have to re-rig some things, as they often don't swap cleanly.
  • ZtitusZtitus Joined: Posts: 20
    @stinkyfingaz Amazing, just the best costume of Poison & your colors are all very nice, GREAT job ! ;)
    Follow me on Deviantart
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,723 mod
    Need a DeeJay vacation alt wearing a Power Glove as a Triforce joke.
  • alekqzalekqz Joined: Posts: 111
    Hello mates. I would like to know your point of view about these changes. I worked on hands, arms, legs and feet

124vqmb.jpg
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,723 mod
    edited August 2014
    alekqz wrote: »
    Hello mates. I would like to know your point of view about these changes. I worked on hands, arms, legs and feet

http://i60.tinypic.com/124vqmb.jpg
    Either the wrists need reworking as well or the hands are now too small.
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    @alekqz‌

adjust the bracelet because it distracts but I think its very good at least for me.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
    edited August 2014
    Still not working ShaZe.

By what you said, I shouldn't need to make the chara folder as that's not where the core file sits. I'm trying to mod the small character select portraits, not the big ones..
    Australian PSN eh?
    Australian PSN eh?
  • NewtalgiaNewtalgia Joined: Posts: 26
    @Brutalace, PLEASE release that poison mod now !
  • SnaxSnax Joined: Posts: 186
    What are the names of the new stages in the files?

I'm trying to remove the music transition for two of the stages so it just plays the standard theme throughout the match.
  • stinkyfingazstinkyfingaz Joined: Posts: 26
    edited August 2014
    Nice work.

But you need to make 20 colors if you edit the vacation costumes. (jk) ;)

Poison/swag, semi-hidden pun?
    a3ih97b.png?1
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Wow, Poison looks actually kind of better as a chocolate skinned hotty in that outfit. #1 looks so good.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • fistoftheryustarfistoftheryustar Joined: Posts: 2,170
    Question:

Is there a way to make the Ink-iness of most characters Color 11 look.... Inkier?

And similarly for Color 12, where they white sketch lines to a character... Can you make the sketch lines darker or perhaps space out the lines?

Capcom had a good idea but when you seethe characters in game they just look like theyre glowing because the white sketch linea arent spaced out
    My drawing:
    Mai cheats on Ryu - "Shin Shoryuken!"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7115525&postcount=252
  • ChenNekomataChenNekomata Joined: Posts: 54
    edited August 2014
    BrutalAce wrote: »
    Just finished modelling a hairstyle for Poison (basically combination of two of her hairstyles), the idea was to give her an original hairstyle that can be used in mods without cap or even in her default costumes. Pretty satisfied with the results so here is a glimpse.
    2014_08_15_00023_by_brutalace-d7v6dn4.jpg
    2014_08_15_00005_by_brutalace-d7v6ekl.jpg

Finally, someone heard my request from sfxtmods. Thank you.
  • Roki FerrariRoki Ferrari Joined: Posts: 303
    on holiday, back in business) if patience hvatet) and then a lot of ideas!
    his soul was as pure as snow. Hatake Kakashi ©
  • BrutalAceBrutalAce Brutal Modder Joined: Posts: 734
    @Arklionheart‌

Yeah I did a couple of experiments and this version turned out to be best, increasing the number of spikes made her head look too big.

@Newtalgia‌

Tonight or tomorrow.
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    @Trife88‌ Godlike skin pack. Based God would be proud.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • xDEADALIVExxDEADALIVEx FADC Shades Joined: Posts: 7
    These might be some really dumb questions but I'm new to applying mods.
    1. I want to change chun L'S alternate 2, but I only know how to mod her original one. How can I apply a mod to alternate costume 2?

2. Is there a way to put sfxt mods into ultra like for instance a poison mod?

Go home be a family man
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,593
    @Trife88‌ Godlike skin pack. Based God would be proud.
    NotViHj.gif

I did it for all of us T_T. Also I'm going to make more colors and people can just pick and choice. I stopped at 10 because the original has a lot of good colors (mix n match). I have about 3-4 I didn't release because they need more juice. Might do a fix for Color 7..I don't like her skin tone
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
    who dafuq is based god?
    Twitch:
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    @hecz Based black guy in the .gif above.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    so its another lil wayne who thinks that he makes "hip hop" ? Just guessing XD

and to stay on topic

@aleqkz

do you think you can make the 9 colors left on my soon to be out mods?
    Twitch:
  • ShaZeShaZe Joined: Posts: 33

Ah, my bad, I thought you were talking about the in-game character portraits. Well, the same process is being used anyway;

That mod edited the core files within :

dlc/03_character_free/ui/chara_select

However, since Ultra this file seem to have received a patch perhaps for the arcade edition and a brand new filename with the Ultra characters.

dlc\04_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara_select_dlc4.emz -> Contain Ultra Characters
    dlc\04_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara_select_patch.emz

So in order to usse your mod, you will have to copy your chara_select_dlc4.emz to the patch folder below :

patch_ae2\ui\chara_select\chara_select_dlc4.emz

Since you cannot replace the file by the one from the mod (since it does not contain all the characters and will probably cause a crash) you will have to manually extract every dds files from your chara_select_dlc2.emz (contained within the downloaded mod) and replace all of the ones found within your new chara_select_dlc4.emz using the piecemontee sf4 asset explorer.

TL;DR

The mod is no longer compatible and will require some modifications using the core file before becoming functional.
    Thats based on my quick inspection of the files and a quick portrait replacement that I have just done, I might still be wrong on a few point so feel free to correct me on anything if Im wrong.
  • joemeshjoemesh Joined: Posts: 10
    @Trife88 How about the dark skin tone from 1 and 10, but with blonde hair? That would be sick.
    @fistoftheryustar‌
    Unfortunately, the shaders are pre-compiled HLSL rather than runtime-compiled, so they're difficult to tweak. The game is also extremely sensitive to changes and will lock up immediately after launch. I need to look into how people do it with, for example, GTA4 and Watch Dog mods, since they seem to have pretty extensive control over shaders, and I would assume they're not runtime-compiled, either.
    joemesh wrote: »
    @Trife88 How about the dark skin tone from 1 and 10, but with blonde hair? That would be sick.

I agree with this guy.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • SpoRSpoR SpoR Joined: Posts: 350
    Are there any mods for Thawk, akuma and blanka? And where are the naked mods for the chicks. YODO#
    Zerg!
    @SpoR‌
    Did you visit the wiki? http://aemods.pbworks.com

No n00d mods there, but people have definitely made them. I'm sure you can find them online if you spend some time googling, I just don't keep up with them.
  • 1stmoon1stmoon Viper who? Joined: Posts: 12
    edited August 2014
    Anybody here interested in fixing up dsFOREST's skins? (doesn't seem like he'll be back anytime soon) Only a few need fixing. I'll send the files if anybody wants to help.
    9238540DAFE21C77B16C7F6EA6AC227395417E6C19730737ef77ed6a3bfa164d366c126b46c1954f.jpg
  • JaldaboathJaldaboath SHOULDERCANNONSON Joined: Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2014
    1stmoon wrote: »
    Anybody here interested in fixing up dsFOREST's skins? (doesn't seem like he'll be back anytime soon) Only a few need fixing. I'll send the files if anybody wants to help.
    I am fixing them, already got a bunch but I'm missing the files for Tao Pai Pai Gen, K' Ken and Roshi Gouken; if you have them I'll fix them, they are too fucking good to be lost to a patch.

Also, I'm testing my new videocard, still need some adjustmens tho, what you guys think:

"One day, in a far off place, a small tribe witnessed a big animal, doing something different: walking on its hind legs. The scared tribe swore it was the devil, walking on land. That devil became the creature called Jaldaboath" - b1gazn
    2006 Most Fucked Up Battle Poll Champion: Vile

If you're looking for a USFIV updated mod, check out the "Mega Pack vol.2." And my dA page.
  • alekqzalekqz Joined: Posts: 111
    edited August 2014
    hecz wrote: »
    @aleqkz

do you think you can make the 9 colors left on my soon to be out mods?

It will be an honor for me friend
    Enviame tu correo via PM

Post edited by alekqz on
  • 1stmoon1stmoon Viper who? Joined: Posts: 12
    Jaldaboath wrote: »
    I am fixing them, already got a bunch but I'm missing the files for Tao Pai Pai Gen, K' Ken and Roshi Gouken; if you have them I'll fix them, they are too fucking good to be lost to a patch.
    Sure, i'll PM you those three files.

• AlffAlff Joined: Posts: 449
    hecz wrote: »
    Alff wrote: »
    Any news about asura stage for SSFIV?
    will release when ultra come to disc.

Intends to continue the project?
  • CinnaCinna Joined: Posts: 126
    Hmm, I need a special thing to be able to edit the color files right?
    'helpful things'

Thanks so much ShaZe!! works perfectly now!

Australian PSN eh?