Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @Cinna
    Just follow the skinning tutorial from the wiki. It tells you all the things you need.
  • Pop On ArrivalPop On Arrival Joined: Posts: 24
    Do you need alternate costumes for the wonton soup pack to work? I really want it, but goddammit I already bought all the costumes for PS3 and I don't want to spend more! But if it'st he only way to get mods, i'll bite
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Do you need alternate costumes for the wonton soup pack to work? I really want it, but goddammit I already bought all the costumes for PS3 and I don't want to spend more! But if it'st he only way to get mods, i'll bite

Yeah, you need the vacation pack for it to work.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • Somersault_JusticeSomersault_Justice Joined: Posts: 11
    1stmoon wrote: »
    Anybody here interested in fixing up dsFOREST's skins? (doesn't seem like he'll be back anytime soon) Only a few need fixing. I'll send the files if anybody wants to help.

If you have his Mario mod for Dudley, I'd love to fix whatever's wrong with it.

• AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    is there a good way to edit stage lighting color?
  • EssenthyEssenthy Joined: Posts: 923
    edited August 2014
    hunterk wrote: »
    @fistoftheryustar‌
    Unfortunately, the shaders are pre-compiled HLSL rather than runtime-compiled, so they're difficult to tweak. The game is also extremely sensitive to changes and will lock up immediately after launch. I need to look into how people do it with, for example, GTA4 and Watch Dog mods, since they seem to have pretty extensive control over shaders, and I would assume they're not runtime-compiled, either.

you cant really modify shaders on Watch dogs ( at least i never seen any ), its rather swapping using binhex, or Xml editing by increasing/decreasing values

Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/kuruoshiki
    SFV Main:Ryu, Ibuki

My Music : https://soundcloud.com/eloh-im
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    nvm i figured it out i think
  • Rachel_alucardRachel_alucard Joined: Posts: 7
    Does anyone have the default CMN.vfx.bvs file located under patch_ae2/battle/vfx? Mine was overwritten from a mod and now all the hit effects have disappeared and all the special effects from hit marks have gone away as well.
  • sean1110sean1110 Joined: Posts: 5
    Sorry to bother you guys, but does anyone have ( or know the working link to ) Roki Ferrari's Karate Master Sakura mod?
    The link is no longer available and I couldn't find any by google search.
    Also, Thank you so much Roki for your amazing works!
    Sakura (Karate Master)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/4fnpk8
    y_112943b3.jpg

• Roki FerrariRoki Ferrari Joined: Posts: 303
    I'm sorry ... this is a very old work, and I do not have anything for her.
    his soul was as pure as snow. Hatake Kakashi ©
  • scwaspscwasp Joined: Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/127736PSN02screenb.jpg

Poison SFxTK Swap Costume 10 Colors Pack for Ultra Street Fighter IV by Stinkyfingaz: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/17174218/file.html

Really love this costume, I just tried to install it. However I ran into a problem, you say it replaces alternate 1 costume, unfortunately I don't have that one. On account of that costume being the one you get from having bought SFxT, afaik. Which I haven't.

Wondering if there is a work around for this problem? And if there isn't, if you would perhaps be willing to make a version that overrides alternate 2 costume instead?

Thanks regardless.
  • sean1110sean1110 Joined: Posts: 5
    edited August 2014
    Oh, Roki! Thank you so much for your quick reply.
    I'm sorry ... this is a very old work, and I do not have anything for her.
    I see... Anyway, thank you for your great works! I really enjoy them :D
  • stinkyfingazstinkyfingaz Joined: Posts: 26
    edited August 2014
    @scwasp

My files are named PSN_02xxx... so they replace the Alternate 1 costume.

If you want to use my mod on another costume simply rename every files.
    Over the original costume -> PSN_01xxx...
    Over Alternate 2 -> PSN_03xxx...
    Over Alternate 3 -> PSN_04xxx...

And you can do that with every costume in game.

Put the files in "patch_ae/battle/chara/PSN" (create the filepath/folders) and it will read the costume over the one you chose, without erasing the files (that folder is higher in the hierarchy of what files are read first).

You don't want the mod anymore? Simply erase the files from that folder and you recover the original costume.

edit: btw to unlock aternate 1 costume, you need to have a gfwl sfxtk savegame before you launch usf4 for the 1st time and before applying the first patch so the game unlocks the sfxtk costumes for the new characters.

After the patch it has been changed and you now need to own sfxtk on steam to unlock the costumes.
    a3ih97b.png?1
  • scwaspscwasp Joined: Posts: 2
    alright, thanks a lot ! :)
    edited August 2014
    I've just seen you don't own sfxtk.
    If you don't own sfxtk and haven't patched usf4 (or can reinstall the first version), you can trick the game by creating the filepath to the savegame (without needing any file, just create the folders): "Documents/CAPCOM/SFTK/savedata/"
    a3ih97b.png?1
  • AltairreAltairre Joined: Posts: 8
    Jaldaboath wrote: »
    Anybody here interested in fixing up dsFOREST's skins? (doesn't seem like he'll be back anytime soon) Only a few need fixing. I'll send the files if anybody wants to help.
    I am fixing them, already got a bunch but I'm missing the files for Tao Pai Pai Gen, K' Ken and Roshi Gouken; if you have them I'll fix them, they are too fucking good to be lost to a patch.

Awesome. Including the Chie mod? Cause that's the one I'd really like to have since I'm learning Sakura atm.
  • JaldaboathJaldaboath SHOULDERCANNONSON Joined: Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does anyone have the default CMN.vfx.bvs
    Here you go.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7338xswh8coxdi/CMN.vfx.rar
    Altairre wrote: »
    Awesome. Including the Chie mod? Cause that's the one I'd really like to have since I'm learning Sakura atm.
    Yeah I love that one!
    "One day, in a far off place, a small tribe witnessed a big animal, doing something different: walking on its hind legs. The scared tribe swore it was the devil, walking on land. That devil became the creature called Jaldaboath" - b1gazn
    2006 Most Fucked Up Battle Poll Champion: Vile

If you're looking for a USFIV updated mod, check out the "Mega Pack vol.2." And my dA page.
  • salimsalim Joined: Posts: 571
    is there a solution for this kind of problem: an object that is visible from one side and transparent from the other
    like the cape in my mod "Lars as Gohan Great Saiya man"
    neYo6cO.jpg
    TdWoSOo.jpg
    ufTN05W.jpg
    nyLAwkm.jpg
  • BrutalAceBrutalAce Brutal Modder Joined: Posts: 734
    edited August 2014
    @salim‌

Have you applied backface property for cape in emm files ?
    @BrutalAce‌ no, but even the model is transparent from inside
    i'll try it
    @BrutalAce‌ you are right my freind it works
    I thought the "Backface" will not work because the model "Obj" is transparent
    thank you
  • bbbbbb Joined: Posts: 63
    @salim‌

Another method you can do is to duplicate the emg and flip all the normals on that one. That way you have another cap that's visible on the inside and transparent on the outside, and since the obj and rigging are the same, it will look like its only one piece. I prefer this method for bigger objects like this since using the backface in emm edit adds a darkish tone for the back face, but with this method it will make it the same colour as the other side (or a different colour if you choose to do so)
  • SadiskaSadiska Joined: Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone repair this True Vega mod? It doesn't even show up with grayed-out models. It just doesn't work anymore :(

Also, it would be awesome if someone could add a tattered cape mod to his first alternate costume. It's only seen in his rival battles when wearing that outfit, but it's so awesome!

true_vega_by_segadordelinks_and_cahuesnk_by_cahuesnk-d5dyfwm.jpg
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,980
    Anyone working on a maskless Decapre mod?
  • SadiskaSadiska Joined: Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Ah! And I found another Bison mod that has been completely abandoned for years, it seems. However, the files and video are broken.

Iron Bison

Sorry. I'm a fanatic for Bison!

m_bison_mod_iron_bison_10_skins_release_by_new_mugnelove100-d4z6y5o.jpg
  • NewtalgiaNewtalgia Joined: Posts: 26
    @Brutalace, cant wait man but i have a question, can you also release that poison you had in the first pic with her original costume but with that hair and no shoes ?
    I don't even think Decapre has animation for the eyes.
    Under the 4th costume's mask she has eyes with texture but they aren't animated (dead)
    a3ih97b.png?1
  • CinnaCinna Joined: Posts: 126
    @Cinna
    Just follow the skinning tutorial from the wiki. It tells you all the things you need.
    Oki
    I wanna give hugo red and blond hair in some of his alts, so hopefully it works out.
    edited August 2014
    @hunterk‌
    ‌I didn't find any quickbms eaf extractor up to date on the wikis, those I found were for xbox360/ps3 older versions (big endian), and some stuff isn't written the same now (offset before dummy for instance), so I rewrote one for usf4 pc:
    # USFIV PC .eaf archives
    # script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#quickbms

endian little
    comtype deflate

idstring "#EAF"

# 0x4 may be file name length

goto 0x10
    get file_count long

set idxpos = 0x80
    for i = 0 < file_count
        goto idxpos
        get name string
        math idxpos + 0x100
        goto idxpos
        get offset long
        get dummy long
        get size long

goto offset
        get id long
        if id == 0x23454D5A
            endian little
            get crc long
            get uncompsize long
            get blah long
            endian little

savepos cdatapos
            math size - 0x10
            clog name cdatapos size uncompsize
        else
            log name offset size
        endif

math idxpos + 0x20
    next i

With it you can extract the flags, icons, titles (see my signature) ;)

a3ih97b.png?1
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    So, has anyone figured out a way to add things to a stages .lua files? I attempted to add an extra couple lines to the "SetupObj.lua" through a hex editor, but it just causes the game to hang at the versus screen.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • CinnaCinna Joined: Posts: 126
    @Cinna

Seems as though photoshop still wont let me open the dds files, i guess i will figure it out later
  • danbuc09danbuc09 Joined: Posts: 1
    Can anyone make a SF2 pack??? I really miss the classic music and stages
  • monkeygigabuster92monkeygigabuster92 Haunted by Wesker Joined: Posts: 991
    edited August 2014
    @BrutalAce‌
    Decapre's face hasn't has boned for her upper half face,have you thought of transfer weight of Cammy's face to Decapre's SMD to see if it work or not ?

I'm busy in texturing Cammy for now so I don't have time to do it for myself ATM

@stinkyfingaz‌
    aaniishh12 only re-uploaded the Kensou tool on Deviantart,If you want to give the credit to Kensou tool, give it to Kensou instead
    Post edited by monkeygigabuster92 on
    http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Provided simple polish mod
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    Jaldaboath wrote: »
    I am fixing them, already got a bunch but I'm missing the files for Tao Pai Pai Gen, K' Ken and Roshi Gouken; if you have them I'll fix them, they are too fucking good to be lost to a patch.

Also, I'm testing my new videocard, still need some adjustmens tho, what you guys think:
    Nice vid, what stage is that? Could you link me to it?
    Jazz cat wrote: »
    Nice job!