Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    thx man, but i already tried to mod that ones(if i mod the chara_select.emz nothing is changed and when i mod chara_select_dlc2.emz the game crashes) ,i donno what is the problem !
    There's an issue with SF4Explorer and some .emz archive extractions, you'll need to use a quickbms script to extract those.
    #Street Fighter 4 Extractor.
    idstring "#EMZ"
    get unkown long
    get SIZE long
    get NAME filename
    set EXT string .emb
    string NAME -= .emz
    string NAME += EXT
    get ZSIZE asize
    math ZSIZE -= 0x10
    goto 0x10
    savepos OFFSET
    comtype inflate
    clog NAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE

With that it works.
    csk.jpg
    You only need to edit the chara_select_dlc2.emz file not the other.

Here's my emz file, already unpacked with quickbms: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mdf3826963586h
    filepath: dlc/03_character_free/ui/chara_select

There's the same issue with "title.emz" (the archive that contains the title screen image).
  • Jae The OneJae The One Resolution Joined: Posts: 1,338
    i hope to see some Chun-li , Yang & Sakura costume mods. also some character select stuff.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
    Oni title edited with photoshop (original was 1280x720) the emz was extracted with quickbms: http://www.mediafire.com/?yusuhrch3ae1nir
    filepath: resource/ui/advertise/title
    oni-title-test.jpg
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @Joshimitsu
    Ah, yes, sorry about that. I converted all of that stuff before AE was even released, based on the 360 files, so I didn't get a chance to test anything. The skins and models should all be fine, but the vfx files have changed and the old mods will no longer work. :( I'll remove them from the next mod pack version, as well as the wiki. Thanks for letting me know, and if you spot anything else that's broken, please be sure to mention it.

@sensibeat
    Good shit. I know a lot of people have been asking for that title screen. I added it to the wiki.
    heh, I like that cartoon Ken you added to the character select screen, too :P

@SuparNovax
    I made a Juri mod with smaller (read: human-sized) hair buns and turned her hair rings into earrings (none in pic 1, small earrings in pic 2, big hootchie earrings in pic 3; all versions included in the download):
    91dxug.jpg
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b96xl3o1ps5i1h9
    Sometimes the big earrings float away from her head a bit, but they look okay most of the time.

I also modded Cody's dagger into a carrot and an ice cream cone, as requested in the old vanilla thread:
    wt81mw.jpg
    The poly count is really low on the dagger, so they look kinda crummy. It also still shows the knife model when he's not holding it, but I'll try to work on that part in the future.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a4pgj1kityud79s
  • JoshimitsuJoshimitsu damn Joined: Posts: 113
    @hunterk, noticed it on ryu's fireballs (regular, think the ex one was ok, forgot already lol) as well. I'm guessing it's probably just the shotos, but I'll try to document anything else I find. Thanks again for all your hard works guys!
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,036
    Anyone know where the announcer voice is stored? I like the Vanilla announcer better.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @hunterk
    Nice idea the earrings.
    I have to try that carrot! :D

@ Ellipsen
    announcer files are in resource/ui/sound/se and resource/battle/sound
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The poly count is really low on the dagger, so they look kinda crummy. It also still shows the knife model when he's not holding it, but I'll try to work on that part in the future.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a4pgj1kityud79s
    Where do I start if I want to learn a little bit to mod stuff for SF4?
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    First he want pregnant characters, now he wants to learn how to model a carrot, I predict really wrong mods if that guy learn how to. :D
    FYI, I just tried drag and drop from the modded vanilla stages, they dont work :( its all black, and I noticed the AE stage emz files also have a tex.emz along with them. I tried replacing the emz as well as the tex.emz with piuma's modded moon stage, STG_VCN.emz(volcano stage) - neither worked.
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    lol, I hope so. My favorite mods are the weird ones :P

If you want to give it a shot, check out the tutorials page on the vanilla wiki and read over my 'updated skinning tutorial' and 'beginner's intro to model editing.' Between these 2, you'll be able to make skins and modify the 3D models. If you want more after that, sensibeat's col-based transparency tutorial is the best way to get into hex editing (the link is currently down because SRK screwed up all of the URLs again; I'll updated it as soon as Google indexes the new addresses).

The only thing that's changed from those tutorials is that the *.cos.emz and *.col.emz bundles don't exist anymore so their components files are just floating around loose. You can still modify them in the same manner, though.

Related to the URL changes again: sensibeat, would you mind if I mirror your tutorials on my blog so the links will be a bit more dependable?

EDIT: @Ellipsen
    yeah, I just found the same problem.

For the training stage, at least, the STG.TRN.tex.emz file now holds the repeating DDS texture, while the STG.TRN.emz file holds the geometry. I didn't have a chance to peek at any of the other stages, but I suspect they'll be a hassle to convert, based on their number of components that may have shuffled around.

Related: in this post, sensibeat explains how to edit/rename stages so you can shift them around (e.g., replace unwanted stages with modded TRN stages).
    Sure go ahead it will be easier to find them, but it's a mess and not everything is up to date :P
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 964
    soo... where the hell is are the "real" alternate costumes?
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    soo... where the hell is are the "real" alternate costumes?

If you're referring to the ones already made by Capcom, those have to be bought. They're DLC.
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    @extravagant
    I haven't tried but I assume you could try to edit her panties material properties in the obj.emm file to make it match the material properties of her legs, the limits of the short may require editing the normal map dds in the nml.emb file tho.

I would but how do I open up these things in photoshop? How do I convert it to a photoshop read-able file, and then convert it into SSF4 AE format? The editing part I can do but I need to know how to open it in photoshop and stuff
    If you're referring to the ones already made by Capcom, those have to be bought. They're DLC.

That's exactly what I mean because I don't find it anywhere online to buy. Is it at the GFWL marketplace? I see nothing. I also bought my Vanilla's Complete Alternate Costume 1 set and downloaded it but they don't show up in AE.
  • Gatsu_RageGatsu_Rage Joined: Posts: 49
    Oni title edited with photoshop (original was 1280x720) the emz was extracted with quickbms: http://www.mediafire.com/?yusuhrch3ae1nir
    filepath: resource/ui/advertise/title
    TYVM! i LOVE IT!
    looks really cool. Good Work!
  • GEAR-XGEAR-X Pad Monster Joined: Posts: 57
    Just a few quick questions:
    1. Do I need to buy a specific version of AE in order to use the custom skins, (I plan on buying it on Steam) or do I need to buy a disc or download the game from somewhere else?
    2. If I play an online match will I still be able to use my custom skin, and will my opponent be able to see the custom skin I am using?
    Marvel 3 Team: Wekser, Wolverine, Akuma
    Mortal Kombat Mains: Reptile, Raiden
    AE Mains: Dee Jay, Evil Ryu
    1) No, you can buy it anywhere and skins work.
    2) Skins(and stages and sounds) are loaded locally, so only you see whats on your machine.
  • Gatsu_RageGatsu_Rage Joined: Posts: 49
    Ok, i know every1 can make this.. make an icon isnt that complicated, but well. This one is made by me, modifyed with Photoshop, and transfer to .ico format.
    So, the .rar have 1 .png, and .ico for use right now ;)
    this is the preview of the icon:
    613d5d597f718ac641e312934b791110o.png

(as you all can see, the icon size is 256x, nice quality :P )
    DL link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3vkpd27raa14z2a
    (i can't see the insert link icon, dunno why... and the "[/url]" code dosnt work :S so copy the link and past it )
  • RomangeloRomangelo Joined: Posts: 13
    I would like to know how to edit moveset, attack speed, damage

like this awesome one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1bW5-TO7wU
  • mugenlove100mugenlove100 Joined: Posts: 529
    how do you switch obj with one another, example like switching ken hair with ryu's hair
    i come in peace
  • C2QC2Q Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Nice oni screen. It will have to do for now. I really wanted the flashy one from the arcades which also has evil ryu on it D:
    Thanks though!
  • TheOnlyOneTheOnlyOne Joined: Posts: 1
    Odd request, but I'd greatly appreciate it someone could make a shadow versions of Juri? Basically, everything complleeeetley black, no skin showing, nothing.
  • Vegit814Vegit814 Joined: Posts: 449
    there's a lot of inspiration to go around for Juri mods
    YLB3P.jpg

But just like every other character, it will be hard to mod her hair.
    My youtube channel dedicated to fighters
    www.youtube.com/caj814
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    there's a lot of inspiration to go around for Juri mods
    YLB3P.jpg

But just like every other character, it will be hard to mod her hair.

I was going to post that, but you beat me to it. >_O
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
  • The Game mario316The Game mario316 Back in The Game Bitch Joined: Posts: 876
    hmmm about changing music, I want to fix akumas bgm (since capcom switched it) to his vanilla bgm. Anyone got it? And how do I change it?
    "Originally posted by RandomNigga"
    "I got a grudge match for you: 50$, my dick vs. your mouth, first one to spit loses. Put it on any screen you want."
  • ReanRean Freebuki Joined: Posts: 844
    i have sf4 installed still, if u can tell me what file u need i can upload it
    There is no such thing as innocence,only degrees of guilt.
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    i have sf4 installed still, if u can tell me what file u need i can upload it

Do you also have AE installed? I'm in need of a stock BGM_LAB.csb from it. I didn't back it up before overwriting it, and regret that now, plus the repair function doesn't want to work properly.

I intend to change the Secret Laboratory music, but the one I replaced it with originally was too loud (I think the CSB itself controls the volume), and drowned everything out.

So, my choices at this point are 1) live with the stupid loud music, 2) listen to silence (I tried the same file from the 360 version, but it plays nothing), or 3) search for someone to help me out and upload a stock version.

As you can tell, I'd much prefer the latter.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    紅赤朱
  • dannidanni Joined: Posts: 203
    @sensibeat, thx 4 the info and file,i'm gonna try 2 put cooler icons !
    I don't care what the critics say violence is a BEEAAUUTIFUL thing !!!
    simple Ibuki unmasked edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?dsp7a9mal4q96h9
    filepath: resource/battle/chara/IBK
    make a backup of the original IBK_01.obj.emo, and replace it by this one (works with the original 1st costume with every colors)
    ibkunmasked.jpg
  • jinsaotomex3jinsaotomex3 It's tooth brushing time! Joined: Posts: 5,973
    I like how they had all these very nice designs for Juri but then they were like "whatever, let's just insert another Jojo's character homage into our game instead!" and we got the current juri. Not that I'm complaining, because I love Jojo's... but still.
    Supreme Overlord and ruler of the Hentai realm.
    Brushy brushy brushy : http://pastebin.com/aPHTTgfc
    Brushing your little sister's teeth, Jin Saotome style.
  • KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
  • brad86brad86 Joined: Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by brad86 on
    ygu28.jpg
    Holy shit, that Tron training stage is cool! O_O
    紅赤朱
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    Ah, beautiful. Thank you, kache!

I'm pissed they got Seth's themes backwards in PC AE. Was it like that on console too?

Anyway, since Secret Laboratory was in vanilla, it should've kept its music, but Capcom screwed up. I fixed that as soon as I downloaded the file.

Yes, this time I did back it up first... ROFL!
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • Demented RabbitDemented Rabbit Joined: Posts: 335
    Could anyone make Guy a Kyo Kusanagi type costume ... Kyokofxii.gif . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-78kEcSUbtLnNVIfAYR2M3IItVyqaiQySrm3B6lZ9XbxqlUCH&t=1

It would be awesome if someone could do it . Thanks .
    Yes, this time I did back it up first... ROFL!
    xD
    紅赤朱
  • GhostridahGhostridah Joined: Posts: 36
    That Tron stage is awesome, cant wait to try it out