Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    91dxug.jpg
    I like where this is going =) What does she look like without buns?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • ssf4pcssf4pc Joined: Posts: 101
    hey sensibeat can you also remove the bandages from her feet ?
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    I tried to convert Lounger's "Training Tunnel" to AE, but couldn't test it on this machine, so let me know if it works or not:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0ddo32227xoogl7
  • sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    pocket chara select: http://www.mediafire.com/?xxn0syep14bbwta
    filepath: dlc/03_character_free/ui/chara_select
    I just realised my pocket_chara_select link is wrong, it was just a jpg...

Here's the good link to the emz: http://www.mediafire.com/?20m8rn6xzk539po

(filepath: dlc/03_character_free/ui/chara_select)

pocket-chara-select.jpg

I'll see what I can do with Ibuki's feet, tho it may involve editing the nml.emb, I dunno yet.

edit: hunterk, training stage tested and it works.
  • KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
    I really wanna start learning to mod... but I can't really figure out how to get the skins into an editing state... can I get some help?
    @sensibeat
    I love it! I will definitely be using that one.

@KtWdA
    Have you read the tutorials yet on the vanilla wiki? It's pretty much the same process.
  • brad86brad86 Joined: Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by brad86 on
    ygu28.jpg
  • Q87Q87 Joined: Posts: 83
    Where did those proto-Ryu/Juri drawings come from? Some art book?
    @sensibeat
    I love it! I will definitely be using that one.

@KtWdA
    Have you read the tutorials yet on the vanilla wiki? It's pretty much the same process.
    havent, but I will. Thanks ^_^
  • ssf4pcssf4pc Joined: Posts: 101
    thanks for caring sensibeat
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol, I hope so. My favorite mods are the weird ones :P

If you want to give it a shot, check out the tutorials page on the vanilla wiki and read over my 'updated skinning tutorial' and 'beginner's intro to model editing.' Between these 2, you'll be able to make skins and modify the 3D models. If you want more after that, sensibeat's col-based transparency tutorial is the best way to get into hex editing (the link is currently down because SRK screwed up all of the URLs again; I'll updated it as soon as Google indexes the new addresses).

The only thing that's changed from those tutorials is that the *.cos.emz and *.col.emz bundles don't exist anymore so their components files are just floating around loose. You can still modify them in the same manner, though.

Related to the URL changes again: sensibeat, would you mind if I mirror your tutorials on my blog so the links will be a bit more dependable?

EDIT: @Ellipsen
    yeah, I just found the same problem.

For the training stage, at least, the STG.TRN.tex.emz file now holds the repeating DDS texture, while the STG.TRN.emz file holds the geometry. I didn't have a chance to peek at any of the other stages, but I suspect they'll be a hassle to convert, based on their number of components that may have shuffled around.

Related: in this post, sensibeat explains how to edit/rename stages so you can shift them around (e.g., replace unwanted stages with modded TRN stages).
    Is it possible to shorten stages lengths?
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • Hajiki SanadaHajiki Sanada Joined: Posts: 37
    I had always wanted to see someone take Juri's feet bandages off, it's make for a better bikini mod I'd say. Same for Ibuki.
    I really wanna start learning to mod... but I can't really figure out how to get the skins into an editing state... can I get some help?
    Here's a basic tutorial on how to change the characters textures in AE: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/modding-ssf4ae-for-pc-no-dlc-unlocks.140397/#post-5532697
  • Gatsu_RageGatsu_Rage Joined: Posts: 49
    how do you switch obj with one another, example like switching ken hair with ryu's hair
    I tryed to do that with piecemontee program.. but didint worked :S guess we need some sort of program for editing the modeling itself only for do the task.
    Swaping objects is kinda advanced modding stuff, my tutorials aren't available atm cos I can't find them. :D
    You have to know it's difficult to do and the result isn't that good
    My best results were putting ryu's hairs on ken's costumes (because his hairs aren't too complex objects it doesn't mess too much with the animations and Ryu's body ~= Ken's)
    http://sf4mods.pbworks.com/w/page/5097116/Ryu#PimpSuitcreditsensibeat
    ryu-pimp.jpg
    You should be able to port this one from SF4
  • Gatsu_RageGatsu_Rage Joined: Posts: 49
    I wanted to set the evil's ryu costume hair, to the normal evil ryu model... but didint worked xD i supouse was more complicated stuff so i drop it :P
    ryu-pimp.jpg
    Fine Good Work :)
  • blackbird456blackbird456 Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi, it would be cool if someone could do theses costumes :) (not good/experienced enough to edit costume :'( )

Juri :
    juri_n10.jpg
    Makoto (I think this one should be possible via the 2nd alternate [When the DLC will be released on PC] by removing the skirt and edit the upper) :
    c244d010.jpg
  • mugenlove100mugenlove100 Joined: Posts: 529
    Sensibeat, when every you get some free time do you think you can make another tutorial on switching obj with one another please?

i come in peace
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by brad86 on
    ygu28.jpg
    Make sure you save the dds in the same format as the original.
    I use Windows Texture Viewer that gives you the basic infos you need: http://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools

The tutorials will be available in a few, they switched address, gotta wait for google to find them.
    @brad86
    HUD and portrait replacements are really easy to make. You should give it a shot. Check out mastasushi's tutorial on the vanilla wiki for instructions.

@mugenlove100
    Make sure you're saving it with the correct DXT compression. I think the vfx usually use DXT1 with 1-bit alpha or something like that. Check the original textures with Nvidia's WTV tool to find out for sure. EDIT: sensibeat beat me to the punch :P
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by brad86 on
    ygu28.jpg
  • GhostridahGhostridah Joined: Posts: 36
    Can anyone port this to AE from S4

id1216.jpg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?27rc0lcy474a0h7
    It's easy to do it yourself, Ghostridah, just a couple of clicks, really. Just read the tutorial I linked in the first post. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
  • freetgyfreetgy Joined: Posts: 486
    Black Flames Sakura ftw i can finally play her again like that 8D

missed those on Xbox
  • Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Joined: Posts: 34
    Ok....so I'm probably one of the only people who would want to do this, but I am wondering if it is possible to mod the game to use the original Japanese names. Boxer=M. Bison, Claw=Balrog, Dictator=Vega, Akuma=Gouki.....I spent a lot of time playing the Japanese imports for Dreamcast and PS2 and would like to be able to use the Japanese naming format just for the heck of it. I could reinstall the game and choose Japanese language, but I am thinking there must be another way. Anyone have any ideas?
    "Physical strength is no substitute for perception. For perception is the key that unlocks the intangible power of the spirit. You perceive nothing!"
    --Ryuuken (Fist of the North Star)
  • Q87Q87 Joined: Posts: 83
    Can't wait to get my new comp. built, get AE for PC and try these out!

Also, are those big-head pics from earlier an actual mod? That'd be cool.
    wwg7dg.jpg My first modskin...
    You might think it's made from Makoto's costume 1 color 9... However... I made it from the gold gi from number 2.

Features:
    • Heart Eyes
    • Glossied pink lips. (More of a natural shade of pink, not like hot pink or anything.)
    • Katakana "Makoto" on the left breast of her gi.
    • Semi-transparent training bra.
    • Kanji for "Love" on the front of her pants. (It's often covered by her gi though.)
    • English word "LOVE" on her bum. (Also often covered by her gi.)
    • "Cutie" written on her headband thingy.
  • Jae The OneJae The One Resolution Joined: Posts: 1,338
    I would like to see the training stage as the cvs2 one with the same music
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • Alpha TangoAlpha Tango Joined: Posts: 13
    Thanks sensibeat for the oni title screen. Can you or somebody make a mod to remove the F1 keyboard hint from the character select screen and also remove the gold arcade edition logo that flashes on the versus screen and in the beginning of each round? That way, it will be just like the arcade. Thanks!
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,036
    Another conversion from my "Best of Vanilla" picks:
    Historical Emperor credit: heitorfilho3d

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20526393/ae-emperorbison.rar
    vegau.jpg
    If you like these picks so far toss me a like to let me know - I will keep posting my faves now and then
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    Sorry, guys, how can we convert the stages? I checked the tutorial in the first post, but it's only for characters...
    紅赤朱
    In sf4 textures and models are in the same file, in AE they are separated in 2 files so you can't convert them directly with a tool.
    If only the textures of the stages were edited, with sf4explorer you can extract the dds from the sf4 mod (STG_xxx.emz) and inject them back in the ae stage texture files (STG_xxx.tex.emz).
  • XurkeyXurkey Sono mama shine! Joined: Posts: 90
    Quick question, does anyone know of a way to replace the AE announcer with the Vanilla announcer? Thanks again guys!
    Good games to everyone except for the scrubby rage quitters. Shame on you!

www.youtube.com/Xurkey
    You should read tutorials for sf4, for sounds/musics it's exactly the same way on AE.
    http://sf4mods.pbworks.com/w/page/5097125/Tutorials#LeoganskysSF4VoiceModTutorial
    Announcer voice is separated into 4 or 5 files, so you should wait for Ellipsen, he said he wanted to mod it.
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,036
    I was just going to try a drag and drop from the vanilla announcer files, but Tiberious had a sound problem when he tried so I might just leave it be. Apparently the volumes dont match up if you drag/drop and I dont know exactly what files the voice is to try.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    Speaking of voice files, I would very much like someone to rip the English voice files for the characters. I want to be able to hear the dialogue without getting interrupted by attacks or whatnot.
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    @GameMaster
    using the tutorial that sensibeat linked, you should be able to rip/convert the character voices in to mp3s or wavs or whatever for listening. Just don't bother with the second half, where you re-convert them to csb :P
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    @GameMaster
    using the tutorial that sensibeat linked, you should be able to rip/convert the character voices in to mp3s or wavs or whatever for listening. Just don't bother with the second half, where you re-convert them to csb :P

That'll have to wait since I don't have the game yet. :shake:
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.