Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

Comments

• sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    I invite you to post questions regarding modding in this thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/modding-ssf4ae-for-pc-no-dlc-unlocks.140397/
    I don't know what tools you're using but it's most likely that you're not saving the dds in the right DXT format.

In the other thread you'll find usefull links like WTV:
    dds2.jpg
    With that you can find the format:

You have to save this one in DXT1, Mipmaps set on: All, like this with NVIDIA dds tool for Photoshop:
    dds.jpg
  • KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
    That helped a lot ^_^
    2rhpnhv.jpg
    Couldn't put it in the middle... got messed up horribly... and on the left side, it's jaw kept getting huge for some reason... So I did it like this. heheh
    Here's a link for the Bouip Gi for Makoto for the ... is anyone actually interested?
    Oh well... you can get it URL='http://fav.me/d3lijeg']here[/URL.
  • XylessXyless also Juri Joined: Posts: 31
    I would be if the text weren't there. For both your Makoto skins.
  • KuroiKenshiX360KuroiKenshiX360 Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey did anyone figure out how to repack the files back to battle.eaf and test the game and see if it works with the custom costumes???:f:(SSF4AE_XBox360).
  • Jae The OneJae The One Resolution Joined: Posts: 1,338
    whats with the thread title?
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • daiisukidaiisuki Joined: Posts: 49
    Here's a link for the Bouip Gi for Makoto for the ... is anyone actually interested?
    Oh well... you can get it URL='http://fav.me/d3lijeg']here[/URL.

Nice job KtWdA for makoto's skins. Is it possible to have the skin files for the "Cutie Koto"?

thx ^^
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    whats with the thread title?
    MOD ABUSE OMGGGGGGGG
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    The thread was too much viewed, so we had to find a trick to bring less people
    or the boards went wrong once again?
    Cutie 'Koto (v. 2.0) is now available URL='http://fav.me/d3ljjm7']here[/URL
  • SayHelloRoscoSayHelloRosco Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey, I made a thread about this, but it went ignored. And I am one impatient f**k, so I'll ask it here, since people here seem to know their stuff. I want to edit the music in this game, but the adxencd.exe always crashes. I drag my wav to the .exe, it opens up for a quick two seconds, and then crashes. It never works. Is my .wav converted wrong? Is there certain settings I have to use when converting? (16-bit, stereo/mono etc.)

EDIT: Got it working. Now, my only problem is finding out which file is which stage. Could anyone give me a list of which file represents which stage? Also, some files have both a 2CH and a 4CH, what's that all about?
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    Hey, I made a thread about this, but it went ignored. And I am one impatient f**k, so I'll ask it here, since people here seem to know their stuff. I want to edit the music in this game, but the adxencd.exe always crashes. I drag my wav to the .exe, it opens up for a quick two seconds, and then crashes. It never works. Is my .wav converted wrong? Is there certain settings I have to use when converting? (16-bit, stereo/mono etc.)

EDIT: Got it working. Now, my only problem is finding out which file is which stage. Could anyone give me a list of which file represents which stage? Also, some files have both a 2CH and a 4CH, what's that all about?
    I had that problem too, use short filenames for the .wavs you want to convert, and put them in the same directory as adxencd.exe before you convert. Helped for me.

Here's my notes on stages, maybe it'll help.
    Stage Music > Resource/battle/sound/bgm
    ADN Adon
    AFR airfield
    AFX Solar Eclipse
    AGL Viper
    BLD Skyscraper
    BLK Blanka
    BLR Claw
    BOS Seth
    BOS_EXT ???
    BRA Inland Jungle
    BRX Pitch black Jungle
    BSN Boxer
    CDY Cody
    CHB Rufus
    CHN Crowded downtown
    CMY Cammy
    CNL Chun li
    CNX run down back alley
    DAN DAN
    DDL Dudley
    DJY Deejay
    DSM Dhalsim
    EUR Cruise ship stern
    FLN Fei
    GAS ???
    GEN Gen
    GKI Akuma
    GKI_EXT Akuma 2
    GKN Gouken
    GKN_EXT Gouken 2
    GUL Guile
    GUY Guy
    HKN Hakan
    HND Honda
    HWK T Hawk
    IBK Ibuki
    IND Exciting Street Scene
    JHA Abel
    JPN old temple
    JPX Deserted Temple
    JRI Juri
    KEN Ken
    KOR Festival at the old temple
    LAB Secret Laboratory
    LBX Crumbling Laboratory
    MKT Mokoto
    RIC ELF
    ROS Rose
    RUS Snowy Rail Yard
    RVR Overpass
    RYU ryu
    SCO Historic Distillery
    SCX ???
    SGT Sagat
    SKR Sakura
    TNM ? Ryu
    TRL ???
    TRN Training
    USA Drive in at night
    VCN Volcanic Rim
    VEG Dictator
    VIE Beautiful bay
    VNX Morning Mist Bay
    ZGF Zangief

I'm not sure what stages the questionmarks are.
    Character music plays only during trial mode I *THINK* and during your rival battle.

2CH is usually just stereo:
    Clip1 intro
    Clip2 Loop
    4CH is usually surround channels:
    Clip1f Intro (front)
    Clip2f Loop (front)
    Clip1r Intro (rear)
    Clip2r Loop (rear)

Non Character/Rival music files can have 6CH
    clip1 intro
    clip2 loop
    clip3 low health intro
    clip4 low health loop
    clip5 Ultra ready intro
    clip6 Ultra ready loop

Play the files in the audio manager if you are unsure about anything. It's great software.

I started getting into modding this week so I might be wrong on a few things, this is just from my experience. Hope this helps.
    I had that problem too, use short filenames for the .wavs you want to convert, and put them in the same directory as adxencd.exe before you convert. Helped for me.

Here's my notes on stages, maybe it'll help.
    Stage Music > Resource/battle/sound/bgm
    ADN Adon
    AFR airfield
    AFX Solar Eclipse
    AGL Viper
    BLD Skyscraper
    BLK Blanka
    BLR Claw
    BOS Seth
    BOS_EXT ???
    BRA Inland Jungle
    BRX Pitch black Jungle
    BSN Boxer
    CDY Cody
    CHB Rufus
    CHN Crowded downtown
    CMY Cammy
    CNL Chun li
    CNX run down back alley
    DAN DAN
    DDL Dudley
    DJY Deejay
    DSM Dhalsim
    EUR Cruise ship stern
    FLN Fei
    GAS ???
    GEN Gen
    GKI Akuma
    GKI_EXT Akuma 2
    GKN Gouken
    GKN_EXT Gouken 2
    GUL Guile
    GUY Guy
    HKN Hakan
    HND Honda
    HWK T Hawk
    IBK Ibuki
    IND Exciting Street Scene
    JHA Abel
    JPN old temple
    JPX Deserted Temple
    JRI Juri
    KEN Ken
    KOR Festival at the old temple
    LAB Secret Laboratory
    LBX Crumbling Laboratory
    MKT Mokoto
    RIC ELF
    ROS Rose
    RUS Snowy Rail Yard
    RVR Overpass
    RYU ryu
    SCO Historic Distillery
    SCX ???
    SGT Sagat
    SKR Sakura
    TNM ? Ryu
    TRL ???
    TRN Training
    USA Drive in at night
    VCN Volcanic Rim
    VEG Dictator
    VIE Beautiful bay
    VNX Morning Mist Bay
    ZGF Zangief

I'm not sure what stages the questionmarks are.
    Character music plays only during trial mode I *THINK* and during your rival battle.

2CH is usually just stereo:
    Clip1 intro
    Clip2 Loop
    4CH is usually surround channels:
    Clip1f Intro (front)
    Clip2f Loop (front)
    Clip1r Intro (rear)
    Clip2r Loop (rear)

Non Character/Rival music files can have 6CH
    clip1 intro
    clip2 loop
    clip3 low health intro
    clip4 low health loop
    clip5 Ultra ready intro
    clip6 Ultra ready loop

Play the files in the audio manager if you are unsure about anything. It's great software.

I started getting into modding this week so I might be wrong on a few things, this is just from my experience. Hope this helps.

I flipped the hell out when that helped me. Really? Such a simple solution as that? It's just because I had one damn space in my file name? Wow. Thanks for the list.
  • AcethylenAcethylen aka Slaughter Joined: Posts: 162
    Yeah me too. Just wanted to tell you I have downloaded all of your mods and love them. You are very talented! Can't wait to see what you do with all the new characters. I'd love to do my own, but I just don't have the artistic ability...

Thank you :)
    Got the game yesterday but I haven't had time to play yet, hope I can get started this week.
  • aliseo85aliseo85 Joined: Posts: 11
    Hi everybody, how can I customize char's voices?I mean, in vanilla we can choose eng or jp voice for every pg, now we are forced to choose a language for everybody.
    I would like to keep dudley in english and at the same time gouken in jp, how can i do this?
    Thanks to Sensibeat and Hunter K's hard work and excellent tutorials I finally had a breakthrough and started getting the hang of editing .emz files. Here's my basic contribution, two title screens:
    jdOluY.jpg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?r2w4rdo26xzc0ng

jdJM82.jpg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vejq6564t28qy6b
    Hi everybody, how can I customize char's voices?I mean, in vanilla we can choose eng or jp voice for every pg, now we are forced to choose a language for everybody.
    I would like to keep dudley in english and at the same time gouken in jp, how can i do this?
    jdJfVW.jpg
    you can select individually

Working on converting Akuma/vega/bison/balrog back to jp versions next
    maybe i'm crazy, but i can't find that option anywhere...config->sound and then i can only choose en or jp for the whole cast
  • MikaelMikael Joined: Posts: 22
    maybe i'm crazy, but i can't find that option anywhere...config->sound and then i can only choose en or jp for the whole cast

oh man....you have to finish the game ONCE with ANY CHARACTER in arcade mode, then youll have aaaaaalll the lauguages customizable
    oh man....you have to finish the game ONCE with ANY CHARACTER in arcade mode, then youll have aaaaaalll the lauguages customizable
    thank u, i've just installed the game
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,597
    Snip
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • daiisukidaiisuki Joined: Posts: 49
    Cutie 'Koto (v. 2.0) is now available URL='http://fav.me/d3ljjm7']here[/URL

YESSSSS, thank you man !!!
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,597
    Evil Ryu: Sign of Hellz Winter (WIP)

trife88evilryusohw.png
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • gluemchengluemchen Joined: Posts: 117
    I know someone is going to make a hellsing alucard reskin for the long haired evil ryu alt. Right?
    Steam ID(gluemchen)/GFWL(gluemchen): SSFIV AE 2012, SFxT
    PSN(gluemchen): Skullgirls
    Region: Europe(Germany)
    Skill: Bad/Mediorcre
  • Dark fighterDark fighter Joined: Posts: 2
    Is there a way to movesvap shin (akuma,oni,gouken,evil ryu) the secret bosses who throw one fireball with two hits with original ones?
    I would like to swap ken alt3 hairs (the long one) to all alt1 and alt2, i read the tutorial but it seems complicated for me, could i make a request?
    Another question. Yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing. So, I want to edit the main menu music, and select screen music. What is the directory/file I am looking for?

EDIT: I would also like to edit the results screen music. So, I need that directory aswell.
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @SayHelloRosco
    Just do a Windows search in the base install directory for 'csb' and/or 'bgm' and you should get some results for music.
    Another question. Yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing. So, I want to edit the main menu music, and select screen music. What is the directory/file I am looking for?

EDIT: I would also like to edit the results screen music. So, I need that directory aswell.
    Main menu is
    \resource\ui\sound\bgm\BGM_MAIN.csb
    same folder for char select.
    Results Screen:
    resource\battle\sound\BTL_CMN.csb (Synth_s_bgm_43f_loop) 4 clips, 2 front 2 rear
    After many tweaks to my training stage I'm finally fine with the result.

Watch your steps, or you'll fall from The Pit training stage (1024x1024 dds): http://www.mediafire.com/?ek2pkx88xga6ca3
    the-pit-other-view.jpg
    the-pit.jpg
  • HyperhalHyperhal Ooh take a picture of it Joined: Posts: 1,871
    Results Screen:
    resource\battle\sound\BTL_CMN.csb (Synth_s_bgm_43f_loop) 4 clips, 2 front 2 rear

Was literally about to ask this exact question, thanks a bunch lol
    The Mike Vick Training Camp
    http://casiocountry.blogspot.com/
    Main menu is
    \resource\ui\sound\bgm\BGM_MAIN.csb
    same folder for char select.
    Results Screen:
    Thanks. how would I edit just that Synth_s_bgm_43f_loop?
    You should ask your technical questions here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/modding-ssf4ae-for-pc-no-dlc-unlocks.140397/
    (and not be an impatient f**k poluting the custom skin thread)
  • C2QC2Q Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Just wondering are those start screen replacements 1080p images? Does anyone have any 1080p start screen replacements?
  • NanjouJNanjouJ Joined: Posts: 4
    My first mod... Cammy in black lace.

21317av.jpg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?oon6ubaey4ma6rw

[edit: obviously, i disabled a few objects in the emo... like her stupid hat]
  • SHREDDERSHREDDER Joined: Posts: 5
    where do i need to intall the mods to work? i have download some but in which folder i must intall them?
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @sensibeat
    Cool geometry!

@Janjou3
    Great work, man! If you ever want to use higher-resolution textures, I can hook you up with files that will accept larger textures (2048x2048 instead of 1024x1024; it will maintain details on things like lace a little better).

@SHREDDER
    You can either overwrite the ones in resources/battle/chara/*** (make sure you back up your files) or you can put them in dlc/02_costume/*** (or something like that, i forget the exact path) and they should supersede the ones in resources/battle/chara.
    Thanks. how would I edit just that Synth_s_bgm_43f_loop?
    answered here http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/modding-ssf4ae-for-pc-no-dlc-unlocks.140397/page-3#post-5547036
    Just wondering are those start screen replacements 1080p images? Does anyone have any 1080p start screen replacements?
    Have any art you want converted? I can give it a try

wow@Nanjouj, nice details