• Gatsu_RageGatsu_Rage Joined: Posts: 49
    basic texture editing in AE:

Juri's 1st costume files:
    JRI_01.bsr : you won't use that
    JRI_01.nml.emb : contains the normal map dds
    JRI_01.obj.emo : contains the model
    JRI_01.shd.emo : you won't use that

Juri's 1st costume 1st color files:
    JRI_01_01.col.emb : contains the texture dds (I'll only use that file for the example)
    JRI_01_01.obj.emm : contains the material properties of the different parts of the model

Open JRI_01_01.col.emb and extract the dds: that's the image(s) you're gonna work on:

you should have that now:
    edit it in a program like photoshop, gimp or what you want:
    inject it back in the file with sf4exploer:
    You have made your first mod:
    I tryed to do that, but had dificulties wen comes to save it... dunno on wich format save it :S on photoshop don't gimme any option. Also the addon program for can do it with PS is from NVIDIA, and i have ATI (hd5670) and don't know if is coz of that, but PS drops me error wen i install the nvidia's addon program.
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @Gatsu
    You can use the Nvidia plugin just fine with ATI hardware. Go read the 'updated skinning tutorial' on the vanilla wiki. It goes over the saving process (in short, run the original DDS through Nvidia's Windows Texture Viewer (WTV) program to find out what kind of DDS compression was used, and then save yours using the same).

Also, guys, can we take it easy on the image quotes? They make it hard to scan the thread. They're necessary sometimes, of course, but if you're just trying to let someone know that you're responding to them, the @[name] convention does the trick just fine. :D
  • sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    :O I hadn't seen "crazy bumps" from that elderscrolls.com link before. Looks extremely handy!
    All the cool kids are using it. 8-)
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    Please, two things..

I'd like to see a picture of Juri pouring oil on herself.

Thank you for combining the two characters I use (Juri/Blanka)
    It's been real.
  • KioriKiori Joined: Posts: 32
    How can I open an ema file ?
    I would like to edit but I really don't know how to open it.
    Thanks by advance for any clue.
    Sorry I wasn't really clear in my former post but I'm not sure you should try editing the ema.
    You need to use some hexadecimal editor and erase some parts.
    Tho it's trial and error to find what to erase.
    You have to find datas that look like those recycler posted for pocket vega, but it won't necessary be the same data you'll need to erase for your character.
    Alright :) thanks.
    I'm going to try. I have some knowledge in dev ;)
    I use to type code everyday :p so I'm not scared about it.
    But if I find somethin' interesting I'll post here.
    http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/DDS_Tools

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

You shouldn't quote images, it's forbidden on these boards, you could get an Infraction for that.
    Ok, i wont anymore.
    Very good news :)
    I took chun li and applied deejay template on her using your method sensibeat.
    Then I edit the ema file easily and I can say that you could do that as well with or without any knowledge in dev.
    All you have to do is download a good hex editor and then replace the lines between "head" and "hen" ...
    Tomorow I'll try to make a chun li using ryu or ken combat style and try to replace hurrican kick animation by her original kick.
    I'd like to see a picture of Juri pouring oil on herself.
    Is this the sexy oil-covered action you were looking for?
    2u94inm.png
    kf63w9.png
  • draskozlidraskozli Joined: Posts: 9
    is it possible to make a mod that will allow each character to use the first and second ultra combo together during the fight (a player can do first or the second Ultra Combo during the fight and not be limited to only one of two ultra combo)???
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    LMAO sure
    It's been real.
    Is this the sexy oil-covered action you were looking for?
    OMG... i will have nightmares now T-T
    OMG... i will have nightmares now T-T
    as I said before it can be fix.
    I made a Chun li using Evil ryu's move. :)
  • hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~ Joined: Posts: 111
    uh oh, I'm fucking around with Evil Ryu and the value that usually does the multi fireballs glitch doesn't anymore. I'm gonna have to work on that, otherwise shit's gonna be Not So Koryu
    There's an easy way to store most of the mods without having to touch the original files: using the dlc folders overpasses the original ones.

It's obviously not working for AE characters who already use those folders (for mods for Oni, ERyu & twins you'll still have to go the old way and make backups)

put costumes+colors mods in : dlc/02_costume/battle/chara (each character as a folder there and only their last costume is here from the start)

put stages mods in : dlc/03_character_free/battle/stage (only updated stages vfx are here from the start)

put stages bgm mods in : dlc/03_character_free/battle/sound/bgm (only AE characters bgm are here from the start)

It should work for other mods as well (ui, hud...).

Simply erase the mod from the folder and you go back to the original stuff.
    Okay now I have to fix the face animation while ultra combo ... geez
    I tried using Anotak's bcm Tool but I could not find a way to use both ultra combo, is there any kind of a solution, anyone please?
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    i use the srk dark skin so you changing your text color means the only words of your post that are visible to me is "anotak's bcm tool"

I tried through your bcm Tool to make that each character can perform first or second Ultra Combo during the fight not only one of two,but I could not find a way to do this! Is there any way ?

possibly, but you'd have to find out how to do it yourself since that tool doesn't even edit the right file for it
    Alright guys I fixed the animation of ultra-combo. So now my Chun Li uses Evil Ryu moves and combo without any glitch.
    I don't find out how to replace hurrican kick by the cyclon kick yet.

evil-chunli-1.jpg
  • Bahn YukiBahn Yuki Joined: Posts: 128
    Anyway to show the character's hitboxes? I remember STHDRemix had this option. It would really benefit if PC had this as well.
    We've got a tool that helps for changing which inputs/motions a move uses, and motion editing has already been explored enough so that I know how to change it.
    What is this tool ? I would like to swap some moves.
    anotak posted it. called GraveStormBoner.exe in the sf4 tools pack.
    Okay, I've got it.
    But it doesn't help me a lot.
    Anyone has ever tried to mix avatar motions ? As High kick from Fei Long, High punch from Chun Li and so on ...
    Super Skin Sensibeat I do love the Chun Li and I hope you'll make others.
    Thanks buddy.
    a little misc. info in case anyone is interested (sensibeat and I have been discussing these things elsewhere, but I figured I'd copy the important parts here for everyone's benefit):
    E. Ryu's glowing chest hole is accomplished through some weird full-body alpha channel mojo that doesn't seem to work well in GIMP, due to the way GIMP deals with transparency. This alpha channel interacts with the body object material such that visible parts have a pulsing glow. You can transfer this material over to other objects, but I haven't had much luck doing anything with it, since I mostly use GIMP. I tried copying the material (and also the entire body section) to other characters but there was no effect. I didn't try too hard, though, so there may be some way to get it working, possibly related to vfx.

Oni's got some neat stuff going on: his limbs each have their own material and they seem to use some alpha channel trickery similar to E. Ryu's to make those limbs glow during certain attacks. His cos 3 damage is really interesting in that he has these big voids inside his body that are full of glowing fire (all the time) and correspond to the holes in his body. These holes are then covered with redundant object patches that are sequentially toggled off with each focus attack. He also has a second set of teeth that are only visible during his ultra combo (2, i think?).

Both E. Ryu's (and Oni's) constant flame effect is a function of the moveset (bac/bcm) and vfx files. Both need to be present for the effect to work. Yu can transfer the effect to other characters by copying these files over, but it won't appear until you perform E. Ryu's UC1:
    2gsr0hu.png
    Interestingly, even if you copy *all* of E. Ryu's files into another character's folder (models, vfx and all), *he* won't have the effect until you perform UC1, so something screwy is going on independently of his chara files. Sensibeat cleverly supposed that maybe E. Ryu's intro had something to do with jumpstarting the effect, so he tried it in vs. mode to see if that helped. The fire effect was indeed present during the intro but gone again as soon as the match started, until he used UC1. Weird.
    New AE materials (not compatible with Vanilla) that may be linked to the bac/bcm and vfx files:

HAKAN's Oiled body: SpcBumpBrushOilSSS_Shadow_UV1_W
    HAKAN's Oiled clothes: SpcBumpBrushOilSSS_UV1_W
    HAKAN's Oil: T1_C_Scroll_Emission_W

MAKOTO's body turning red: SpcBumpBrushSSS_Col_S_UV1_W
    MAKOTO's face turning red: SpcBumpBrushSSS2_Col_UV1_W

EVIL RYU's body emission: SpcBumpBrushEmiMask0_UV1_W

ONI's body emission: SpcBumpBrushEmi_UV1_W
    ONI's Right Arm emission: SpcBumpBrushEmi0_UV1_W
    ONI's Left Arm emission: SpcBumpBrushEmi1_UV1_W
    ONI's Right Leg emission: SpcBumpBrushEmi2_UV1_W
    ONI's Left Leg emission: SpcBumpBrushEmi3_UV1_W
    ONI's hair emission: SpcBumpBrushEmiAlphaConst_UV1_W
    ONI's UC2: SpcBumpBrushEmiMaskConst_UV1_W

I haven't tried everyone, but those I tested just by copying/pasting the full material properties over someone else's haven't worked, you need to do something else to trigger them.
  • KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
    i'd like to know how to read all the hex stuff, to edit transparency and whatnot... I see all these numbers and everything... but what's it all mean? someone help me T_T
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    Is Sensibeats' Vanilla tutorial the only way to copy parts from one character to another? For example Ryu's hair on Akuma?
    I'm trying to follow along his hex editing tutorial and failing miserably.. Anyone have success in swapping AE model parts around?
    @KtWdA
    You'll have to wait a lil bit longer, hunterk is working on it.
    He'll tell you when it's ready.

But I have to warn you, you're gonna get headaches from my tutorials full of hexadecimal numbers & calculations. ;)
    Windows calculator's hexadecimal option is my best friend when I mess with hex. :D

@Jay
    Even if you succeed in swaping body parts, the result is rarely good.
    The shoto share the same body model/skeleton, so I had luck with them to some point...
    If the source object is more complex (read composed of more objects) than the target object, it will be messed up.
    Then there are issues with objects not linked to the good part of the skeleton...

It's a tough work to do because you'll have plenty of index to change in the files, and the result ain't that great.
    I wrote it to remember it and so people could try it and share which part swaping are working and maybe someone will find a way to do it completely.
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    wooo! Great news. I can wait, still trying to understand your older stuff. I didn't realize how complicated this is.
    Let's make a point : I thought I've fixed the buggy face but what I really only did is just freeze the face.
    so there's no expression on the face.
    When hunterk would be done with the hexa stuff then I'll try again.
    So, I was messing with Makoto's obj.emm, I replaced her body material by her kimono's and vice-versa...
    on the left Makoto in a normal state, on the right Makoto after doing her Tanden Renki move:
    mkt-tanden-renki.jpg
    Let's make a point : I thought I've fixed the buggy face but what I really only did is just freeze the face.
    so there's no expression on the face.
    When hunterk would be done with the hexa stuff then I'll try again.
    For intros/outros/ultras I'm afraid that the best you'll be able to get.
    You're messing with the animations there and we have no tools to extract/inject them right and it's a huge file to work on in hex.
  • KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
    So, I was messing with Makoto's obj.emm, I replaced her body material by her kimono's and vice-versa...
    on the left Makoto in a normal state, on the right Makoto after doing her Tanden Renki move:
    Hehehe Neat! Command the clothes of power!
    Here are the links to sensibeat's tutorials on my site (I also updated the links on the vanilla wiki to reflect):
    col-based transparency
    cmn file structure
    emg file structure
    cmn file size editing (applies to other emz files)
    model swapping

Model swapping on non-shotos generally leads to glitchy/crashy "dead" limbs that don't move, often don't even connect to the model properly, and don't have any color.

@Kiori
    Yeah, you're basically stuck with monkeyface during cinematics (intro/outro and ultra) or poker face for the whole match. I personally prefer the occasional monkeyface since it's easier and looks perfect most of the time.

EDIT:
    @sensibeat
    LOL, that reminds me of those color-change shirts from the late 80s / early 90s