Modding SSF4AE for PC (NO DLC UNLOCKS!)

Comments

• sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    Just wondering are those start screen replacements 1080p images? Does anyone have any 1080p start screen replacements?
    The start screen is saved on a 2048x1024 dds but only 1281x963 is used, a weird format.
    title.jpg

Here's how I adapted Oni's title (from 1280x720):
    titleoni.jpg

@Trife88: Your Evil Ryu look like a rainbow now! :D
  • error1error1 Joined: Posts: 421
    was looking through the bcm file to see if I could find any signs of secret boss oni, didn't find anything but he has ex versions of his air dashes in there
    they are superposed to be done lp+mp or 3xP for forward, mp+hp for up, lp+hp for back
    they seem exactly the same as his regular air dashes but he can do any move afterwords, so you can do square jump crossups and stuff

it also has a different move for each directional movement of the air dash, so if you want to add air movement to a ground move it would be the place to look
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,593
    Yah I quit..I'm just going to use the default aura
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    @Goshanes Thanks for the update, Your app makes things SO much easier, much appreciated. Gonna mess with the CRI ADX SDK stuff you linked.
  • NanjouJNanjouJ Joined: Posts: 4
    First pass at a material import/export tool. It is just command line based for now, but if anyone actually uses it, and I find the time, I might make a GUI version for all you clickers.

To export to a text file, just run (from a command line):
    matedit export whatever.emm whatever.txt

Obviously, change "whatever.emm" to be your emm file.

Then edit whatever.txt to your heart's content in your favorite text editor. But please, try to stick to the format... I hacked this up pretty quick, so no promises if you stray outside the lines. Each object is separated by a single empty line.

To import your changes, run:
    matedit import whatever.txt whatever.emm

It will auto-calculate the offset table for you, so you're free to add/delete material entries as you please. If anyone has any problems, let me know.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nql74lo7klp617e (note: 64-bit binary).
    Great tool!
    It took me 5 mns to export/put metal material everywhere/import (and I count the time exporting Zangief's emm to take his metal material values :tup:):
    ibkfullmetal.jpg

Note: in Vista to open a command window from any folder just hold shift and right click in the folder to have access to a new option: "open a command window here" (easier than having to enter your whole folder path in command)
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    That looks really useful, NanjouJ! Thanks for writing it. (I added it to the wiki's 'Tools' page)
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hi8b83b66qch3r4 new version with a very basic tool for exporting / importing actions from .bac files
  • SarcasticSinceritySarcasticSincerity This...is...delicious! Joined: Posts: 5
    It's the trick I use, I don't know how to edit the random thing in the files.
    Ah, I was hoping there'd be some hack to make it truly random, but that works better than nothing. Thanks for the tip! :)
    that BACAnalyzer is really good, found where the Oni boss animations are
    It's weird that it doesn't have a bcm, but it shouldn't be much trouble to make one, probably need a a new bac too in order to switch the walk animations
    on second thought, I can just make a new bac
    OK here is BOSS ONI
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9ehir0odpvdj3pr
    it seems besides the obvious walk and gohadou the main difference is damage, I think I'll do the other three too

edit:
    I tried to do it just changing the bac, and all the moves seemed correct, except for hp shoru whiff,
    works fine if you change the bcm too tho
    @Anotak and error1
    That's very cool, guys! Some seriously groundbreaking shit. Thanks again for your excellent work on the bac/bcm front, Anotak!
  • orgoloveorgolove Maximum Modding Joined: Posts: 87
    Yeah. I've been looking in vanilla too. Where are the command files stored for boss versions of the characters? i.e. boss oni, boss akuma, boss seth, and boss gouken.

Thanks.

And people looking at command file editing - do you know what value triggers removing the yellow "flash" of ex moves? I can remove it, but somehow the byte I change appears to also affect the byte for the move voice. When I remove the yellow flash, the character starts to make her defeat sound. Sigh...

I end up having to remove the voice for that move as well, whenever I want to change an EX move into a normal move and take away the yellow flash.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    Oni's got some neat stuff going on: his limbs each have their own material and they seem to use some alpha channel trickery similar to E. Ryu's to make those limbs glow during certain attacks. His cos 3 damage is really interesting in that he has these big voids inside his body that are full of glowing fire (all the time) and correspond to the holes in his body. These holes are then covered with redundant object patches that are sequentially toggled off with each focus attack. He also has a second set of teeth that are only visible during his ultra combo (2, i think?).
    This could be why the game seems to lag even more on the diner stage if at least one of the players is using Oni.
  • dancarradancarra Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello all. I'm looking to do some skin modding but need to understand something first.

In the SF4 Arcade chara folder the files for the second and third costume types are there. How do you go about selecting them though? Only the first costume is available in the game to select with any new skins I swap in. How do I switch to the alt ones in game? I want to start skinning some of those as there are few available.

Thanks.
    @dancarra
    You have to purchase the costumes from Capcom as DLC. It's just $15 for more than 100 costumes, so it's a helluva deal compared with the consoles' prices. When you buy them, it gives you the option to choose them at the character select screen, just above where you choose a color and/or taunt

@ilitirit
    Yeah, that's definitely possible. I've been considering identifying all of the particularly intensive costumes/models/stages/etc. and making a pack that replaces them with simpler versions (change the metal materials to non-reflective ones, etc.) to make a more consistent online experience.
  • dancarradancarra Joined: Posts: 3
    @dancarra
    You have to purchase the costumes from Capcom as DLC. It's just $15 for more than 100 costumes, so it's a helluva deal compared with the consoles' prices. When you buy them, it gives you the option to choose them at the character select screen, just above where you choose a color and/or taunt

@ilitirit
    Yeah, that's definitely possible. I've been considering identifying all of the particularly intensive costumes/models/stages/etc. and making a pack that replaces them with simpler versions (change the metal materials to non-reflective ones, etc.) to make a more consistent online experience.

Thanks for the reply. I'm understanding the file structure better. I know I can change any alts now by overwriting the original but you're still stuck with the one costume. Only the DLC will change the file structure to choose between different costumes which can then be overwitten with any skins I like.
  • S A MS A M Joined: Posts: 33
    is it possible to make a mod that will allow each character to use the first and second ultra combo together during the fight (a player can do first or the second Ultra Combo during the fight and not be limited to only one of two ultra combo)???

I'd like to see that as well, would be something like MvC3. Having both ultras available could create some interesting moments. Unfortunately I don't know anything about modding. I'd be an awesome feature for koryu edition.:tup:
    XBL GT: Hull Tyyp
  • Gatsu_RageGatsu_Rage Joined: Posts: 49
    Guys any idea if theres any way to put the colors 11+12 (oni, evil ryu) on all characters? i been looking for the colors for try and see if any way to set them to all charas, but i can't really find them :S

I mean, theres most be a way... to add that effect on all charas right?

Thx in advance.
  • KioriKiori Joined: Posts: 32
    Kiori, how do you remove those face animation from it? I am trying to do it for sakura(putting juri moveset to sakura)

I have been using hex editor but don't know where to start. Could you help?

Thanks a lot!
    Sorry I didn't see you're message and just went back to home from work.
    Well you just have to reach the line where you will find the word "Head" in the obj.ema.
    You'll find it just before "Neck".
    Then try to move the any lines respecting their blocks.
    Don't forget the dot (.) and make a back up before to do anything in your obj.ema file.
    It should work else let me know.
    Anyone can remind me how to extend texture size ?
    I would like to make textures in 1024x1024.
    Thanks
    To use larger textures, you have to rewrite the col.emb file's index to expect a larger texture. I used Kensou's tool to make mine, as it can automate the creation of certain indexes (partially; the indexes it writes are messed up so you have to manually fix them, but it's a starting point, at least).

I posted some for Chun Li for you in the other thread.
    Alright Hunterk thanks a lot. I'm going to check it right now.
    Thanks to make it for Chun Li but I use another model for her. The hot pants one V2.
    So I'd rather to know how you do that.
    Do you have by any chance a tutorial or tell me where to start ?
    Not specifically for col.emb, you can learn a bit on files from here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sf4-modding-sensibeats-tutorials.78044/#post-3390826
    or here: http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2011/07/sensibeats-cmn-file-size-editing.html

I'll post some screens on how to change dds files in emb in a few, there are some maths I don't remember exactly, I have to look into some files, it will refresh my memory.
    Geez ... are you trying to gimme a freaking headache ? lol
    By the way Sensibeat ... Are you the same guy who are in emuline.org ?
    Don't bother yourself ... to explain me because I'm coding all days CSS, jQuery stuffs.
    Hell yeah there's nothing about hexa code lol ...
    Anyway, if I send you the file could you change it for me ?
    here it is : http://www.kiori.be/test/cnl-kiori.zip
    Oh and yeah Hunterk you're welcome too, if you don't mind :sweat:
    Changing the sizes of dds in col.emb

Hey I haven't posted on emuline for quite a long time, but yeah it's the same guy. ;)
    I'll do your file but you can still try this.

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?k6hzx7hflz1p7c6
    that should work, you didn't upload every files, so I couldn't test in game, it works in sf4explorer at least.
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    Guys any idea if theres any way to put the colors 11+12 (oni, evil ryu) on all characters? i been looking for the colors for try and see if any way to set them to all charas, but i can't really find them :S

I mean, theres most be a way... to add that effect on all charas right?

Thx in advance.
    on xbox, you need a save game file from vanilla to unlock colors 11 and 12 in super. Maybe it works the same way here? Anyone with vanilla willing to upload a save file to test?
    Actually I'm working on the texture. I try to spend lots of time hoping to get the best result.
    I draw the main design in Flash and then make some settings in Photoshop.
    I'll show and share it when it will be done.
    on xbox, you need a save game file from vanilla to unlock colors 11 and 12 in super. Maybe it works the same way here? Anyone with vanilla willing to upload a save file to test?
    I think capcom said there won't be any connection between Vanilla and AE on PC (at least for the dlc).
    Most of us here possess Vanilla and a savegame, someone would have noticed already.
    The 2 last "colors" aren't files like the 10 normal ones, they are effects programmed somewhere.
    If you swap someone with an AE character, you'll get the effect for that character, dunno why capcom didn't bother putting it for every characters.
    It may be possible to reproduce it if we find where the information is located (not in the costumes/colors files obviously).

edit: I was wrong: you can unlock colors 11&12
    I don't know how you unlock them normally.
    I just tested Kennykilla/kache SSF4AE Unlocker, you get the colors 11&12 with it: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/super-street-fighter-iv-ae-unlocker.140925/

It uses the 1st color whatever it is:
    12.jpg
    Hey. I saw that some people were able to change the sizes of the individual characters. Does that affect the hitboxes of the characters too? i.e. for the mini dictator etc, do the hitboxes also change?

Can someone give me a pointer on how I would go about changing the sizes of the character models? i.e. Can I make zangief even bigger, or another character even shorter?

Thanks.
    There's a limit to how much you can make parts of the characters bigger.
    If you go too far, you're gonna mess with the animations/skeleton (head=monkeyface, imagine the same for the limbs)

Check here for basic informations: http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2009/08/beginners-guide-to-sf4-model-editing.html
    @orgolove
    No effect on hitboxes. They're just regular model edits that have been scaled up in size and reinjected. EDIT: yes, if you make them too crazy, the skeleton starts getting weird.

@sensibeat
    I believe those are just shaders and are probably all included in the shader directory's big emz bundles. Unfortunately, they're saved in xvu files, which I have no idea how to open or edit. It'd be a cool thing to mess with, though :D
    I have issues to open the eaf that are in the dlc folders
    They are not written for XBox360, so the quickbms script doesn't work (endianess issue), that makes some files we can't read.
    boss characters mod
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fhqwm5cn5q12hcq
    this changes Akuma, Gouken, E.Ryu, and Oni to there boss versions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Z4byMpoUM
    Thanks for the help regarding the model sizes, sensibeat and hunterk.

Hey error1, have you been able to remove the yellow flashes on some of the EX moves, without screwing up the attack voices? Somehow the byte I changed to take out the flash also switches out the voice indexes, or something...
    @orgolove no, I didn't do anything like that
    is this for a move that has different vfx for the ex?
  • bebopfanbebopfan Joined: Posts: 40
    I have question about stage mods.

is it possible to remove background people and moving objects so that stage can be more quiet, simple and clear?