Modding SSF4AE for PC (NO DLC UNLOCKS!)

Comments

• KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
    Now I need to figure out how to get textures for photoshop... IE: lace for lingerie, roses, interesting stuff like that... I'd like to implement it in with the alpha stuff to make see-through designs and whatnot. Cooly cool stuffs.
  • MezcalMezcal Joined: Posts: 74
    thanks sensibeat, i'll try that, though it'll probably take some time to figure out. yes that worked in vanilla -_-

edit/ ok it worked, thanks a lot, as it seems that you did all the work already. i just had to rename the file you uploaded and voila, no more music.
  • dojmindojmin Joined: Posts: 18
    I was trying to change Construction (BLD) stage into Snowy Rail Yard (RUS?). But when I open the STG_RUS.emz in hex editor, there's a bunch of symbols and the editor doesn't find "RUS" at all. Help?
    hexrus.png
  • orgoloveorgolove Maximum Modding Joined: Posts: 87
    @hunterk:

Thanks a lot. I'll try that again.

@dojmin:

Did you extract it by running the file through the sf4explorer?
  • dojmindojmin Joined: Posts: 18
    Oh, yeah. Nevermind, I now understood what I'm supposed to do :)
    I just have a question: do you guys know which .emz file belongs to AFRICA: SOLAR ECLIPSE stage?
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    @KtWdA
    I get all of my patterns from Google Image Search. If you want a rose pattern, just search for 'pattern' and/or 'fabric' along with what you're looking for. For example, to find rose patterns, search for 'rose fabric pattern' and you get a lot of good hits.
    So. I got the hands to work fine, but the eyeballs are very hard to work with...

even when I don't scale them and simply move the head up (model-->transform-->translate tab) by the same amounts, the model looks perfect in the sf4 model explorer, but the eyes still stick out in game. I don't think it's a problem on my end, as during the ultra animations the eyes occasionally look fine...

Does anyone else have experience with this kind of stuff? Is there any way to move the head of a character without the eyes sticking out?

Edit: I tried deleting all references to the whole face in the obj.ema, but no luck - I still see the same problem.
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    I don't want press of a button, I want qcf/qcb.

How do I do that?
    there was a vanilla modding thread that has this information on how to do this with a hex editor. you even have a few posts in it.

these tools were mostly meant for people who already know what they're doing w/ a hex editor to make their life easier.
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    That thread is huge but I will look through it again I guess
  • 2&22&2 Joined: Posts: 211
    Nice finds guys, just missing the "F1" text.

"Keyboard hint" text is here
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\resource\ui\chara_select\localize\ENG\chara_select.m4s

here's a blank dds for the f1 Key
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1kqtesfuz2b718y

Inject that into the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\dlc\03_character_free\ui\chara_select\chara_select_dlc2.emz

Whoops, sorry got my directory wrong in the earlier post. I'm not quite sure I know what the status is now. Injecting that file into that emz will cause the key not to show up? So the "F1" is still there? Just gotta find "F1" referenced in the files somewhere then. The ID_PRESS_F1_HELP entry in chara_select.m4s has to have something to do with it, but the game doesn't like when you edit that. Maybe there's a call to that specific string in the executable, in which case there's no way to blank it out. Dunno, I know little about programming. Perhaps finding something similar to ID_PRESS_F1 for the main menu screens or other screens where keyboard keys are shown if using a keyboard for controls might shed some light on it. So silly how something so dumb can be such an effort.
  • klenerskleners Joined: Posts: 201
    So silly how something so dumb can be such an effort.

if removing will error it out. Can we just change the location? so the button is off screen like -1999x -1999y. then it should see it fine not error out and we dont ever see it again.

Also Those people moving heads and stuff around. Is there away to get past the Vertex count error?
    I was trying to put surfer ken ponytail on original ken?
    UCC Presents "DFW Fight Club" check out "DFW FIGHT CLUB!" on facebook.
  • Mike StriderMike Strider Fear the Happy Godhand. Joined: Posts: 19
    Are there any good trainers in use? For infinite health, etc. I have the Steam version of the game. Most I've tried don't work, and the one that did keeps crashing my game. I didn't really know where else to look, and I didn't see anything about it here yet.

Sorry if trainers aren't allowed, I can drop the subject if it's something that can't be helped.
  • Jay Vasquez 77Jay Vasquez 77 20 pushups per loss Joined: Posts: 107
    Jay Vasquez 77, could you please upload the loading screens you mentioned before? Thanx.
    Hey, I'll post it tonight if my wireless doesn't act up.
  • DantarionDantarion Joined: Posts: 258
    Get Hype.
    http://watissf.dantarion.com/dumps/

Full GUI Editors for BCM/BAC files coming eventually

Things I have gotten working...
    Gief Lariat FADC Ultra2
    Ryu lp-mp-hp cancels like mahvel
    Guile no charge time, makes flashkick FADC u1 possible, as well as df-hk->u1 XD

Things I can tweak
    Hitbox Timing/Position/Effects

Did you guys know that every hitbox has a set of info for...
    STAND_HIT
    CROUCH_HIT
    AIR_HIT
    STAND_BLOCK
    CROUCH_BLOCK
    AIR_BLOCK?<--i think its unused but the data slot is there
    STAND_COUNTERHIT
    CROUCH_COUNTERHIT
    AIR_COUNTERHIT
    and....3 more..but i havent figured out what they are yet.

Anyways, the last thing I want to say is that I did most of this on my own, and halfway through I found out people had already been hex editing these files. If anyone can help me figure out some of the stuff I have unlabeled or missing, I would appreciate it. One thing missing from the dumps I already know are the definitions of charge moves. I already have those read/writeable in the GUI.

The dumps are generated by a python script but the dumps are made in C#. I am not sure I am going to update the dumps until the C# GUI is at a state where it can make dumps. I plan to make a site with the FULL info dumps of the data that players care about (Hitbox Data).

Does anyone know of a program that can view the Animations?
    If I can get cooperation from someone who knows the animation and model format, I can generate hitbox images.

GFX
    SFX
    Momentum
    What cancels into what
    Inputs(Mash, Charge, Motion, Buttions)
    oh shit!

That's some serious news, man. Get in touch with Anotak and Xypher ('hadooooken'). They've been messing with a lot of this stuff, but I don't know if they ever messed with the hitboxes.

piecemontee (the guy who wrote SF4Viewer) knows at least some about the animations, as it already has very preliminary support for displaying them. In fact, it might be easier for you to add-on to SF4Viewer--it's open source--than to write a new tool from scratch.

I'm hype about it for sure.
  • 2&22&2 Joined: Posts: 211
    if removing will error it out. Can we just change the location? so the button is off screen like -1999x -1999y. then it should see it fine not error out and we dont ever see it again.

I have no idea, and would have not idea how to do it.
    *I can help too.

Things like delays, animation speeds, # of juggle hits, hit reactions, animation ids and voices, automatic moves in sequence, homing, unblock/blockability, armor etc can all be done in the animation files.
    Dantarion that's a lot of progress. i have a some basic editors for bac / bcm files (see my earlier posts) they are written in C# and perl, i'm willing to share all my info and source code but i need to sleep right now.
  • hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~ Joined: Posts: 111
    it's Zeipher, not Xypher.

This is really good work, Dantarion. I think the only thing left to figure out (that might not actually be in the files we're looking at) is health values and scaling (would really like some way to edit the scaling but it might be hardcoded somewhere.)
    You know, I PMed both you guys while I was developing the akuma sakura. But I never got a response, and ended up doing most of the work you guys did twice. Instead of wasting time like that, we'd advance a lot faster if we work together...

btw, looking for whole number values in the entire command file didn't yield any good results back when I was trying to find health data.

i.e. looking for 1200 in Zangief's cmn files didn't yield anything useful. It likely is related to the "order" of the character. The game probably has a separate index with the order of the character and the health value. I didn't go that far - I just found the hit response vfx-es, including Vega's purple vfx, in a completely separate folder instead of the individual characters. I'd imagine the health values are in similar files.

One good way to start would be to look at what files were added for AE vs "chocolate" SSF4. Makoto and Seth's health values were changed, and that change must be reflected in one of the files that was added for AE.
  • hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~ Joined: Posts: 111
    me and anotak made an irc on irc.synirc.net #sf4-modding so we can work on this more real-time and share knowledge. Please join it! Please! I beg of you
    plz join this'll be much faster/easier
  • ZenouZenou Kuroshiki Oni Joined: Posts: 27
    Can someone please point me on how I can mod the soundfiles so that Oni's ultra is in english but everything else is in Japanese? Thanks in advance!
  • sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    Download goshanes' latest version of SFIVAM: http://www.mediafire.com/?vf0w1083r6ctmcn

In dlc/03_character_free/battle/chara/GKX:
    GKX_E.csb = Oni's english sound file
    GKX_J.csb = Oni's japanese sound file

Open GKX_J.csb in SFIVAM.
    (menu) "Manage/Unpack" => you'll unpack the full soundbank in a folder (105 aax files numbered from 000 to 104, keep that order)

Open GKX_E.csb in SFIVAM
    Expand it in the window and look for the sounds you want (you can play the adx to listen to them)
    Export the aax you want (they should have the same names as the japanese files and most importantly the same prefix number, so they'll be ordered in the same way).

Place the english aax files you just exported in the folder with the 105 japanese aax files (overwriting the corresponding japanese aax files).

Now you have your 105 files (japanese + english in the good order), open GKX_J.csb in SFIVAM.
    (menu) "Manage/Replace content with..." => go look for your soundbank folder and select the whole 105 files.
    Accept and it will create a new soundbank named GKX_J.csb_new.csb
    Rename it GKX_J.csb and put it in place of the original one in dlc/03_character_free/battle/chara/GKX
  • ZenouZenou Kuroshiki Oni Joined: Posts: 27
    Thank you so much sensibeat, it works great!
  • KtWdAKtWdA Outta the Blue Joined: Posts: 154
    How are the model changing mods made? I'm assuming it affects all the colors for said costume as well...
  • RhaknarRhaknar Joined: Posts: 326
    asked this in the costumes thread but i probably should ask here. Im using GIMP but its not letting me save dds files after i alter them, it gives me this error:

DDS: It appears your image may be a volume map,
    but not all layers are the same size, thus a volume
    map cannot be written.

any idea what im doing wrong?
    Currently maining Makoto, Gouken, Dudley, Adon
    @KtWdA
    yeah, any colors that use that model will show the model changes.

@Rhaknar
    I'm not sure, but check to make sure the resolution hasn't changed at all. Sometimes, if you copy/paste stuff and it gets even 1 pixel outside of the border, it will start having weird errors and stuff. Just make sure it's *exactly* 1024x1024 or whatever. Also, make sure you flatten all of the layers before saving as DDS.
  • DantarionDantarion Joined: Posts: 258
    I have internet. Gonna tease you guys with some pics of my proggy :D
  • aldygoaldygo Joined: Posts: 3
    Is there a way to make replacing stages load a mod instead of the original stage? I'm trying to replace all of the stages with Recycler's Post-Apocalyptic training stage mod found [URL='http://aemods.pbworks.com/w/page/41166309/misc#东京幻想nbspTrainingStagepostapocalypticcreditRecycler']here[/URL].

I've replaced the training stage with the mod successfully but when I try replacing a stage like CHN or BLD with TRN it loads up the original training room stage instead of the modded background. Any ideas?
    shit, Dantarion, that looks completely awesome! Did you ever get ahold of piecemontee to see about displaying animations and/or hitboxes?
  • KingKRool2002KingKRool2002 Joined: Posts: 16
    I am having some problems with the Full Body Glow mod for Makoto by irving. I replaced the correct files, but her body doesn't glow at all. Only her clothers glow. I tried it with the Saint Makoto costume & the Saint Makoto Alternate costume, but niether way worked. Also, for some strange reason, the alternate one did not change her outfit into shorts. I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Raziel_LOKRaziel_LOK Joined: Posts: 50
    Nice finds guys, just missing the "F1" text.

"Keyboard hint" text is here
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\resource\ui\chara_select\localize\ENG\chara_select.m4s

here's a blank dds for the f1 Key
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1kqtesfuz2b718y

Inject that into the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Capcom\Super Street Fighter IV\dlc\03_character_free\ui\chara_select\chara_select_dlc2.emz

I was able to inject the dds as you said. But it looks that need to be recompressed. Have any other tools to do this or I'm just doing it wrong with sf4tool?
  • Alpha TangoAlpha Tango Joined: Posts: 13
    I was able to inject the dds as you said. But it looks that need to be recompressed. Have any other tools to do this or I'm just doing it wrong with sf4tool?

I didn't need to recompress it. Here's my uncompressed emz file with the blank F1 icon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8csa638ga3dcsw7
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    ...Dantarion, the Smash modder? If he's working with SSF4AE, we're gonna see lots of progress in deconstructing the game. He's no joke.

Also, when replacing the Training stage, does it automatically call up the proper vfx files, or do those need hacked too?

I'm thinking I'll replace TRN with LBX (Crumbling Laboratory), complete with its music, so I don't have to get annoyed when someone picks it. I just want it to look exactly like they chose LBX instead.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • Raziel_LOKRaziel_LOK Joined: Posts: 50
    I didn't need to recompress it. Here's my uncompressed emz file with the blank F1 icon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8csa638ga3dcsw7

I don't know why, but the game just crash, even with yours file.

Thank you for the answer.
  • XurkeyXurkey Sono mama shine! Joined: Posts: 90
    Hmmm, I downloaded the 3S announcer rar you guys have up on the site, changed the files accordingly and the game doesn't load pass the VS screen. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
    Good games to everyone except for the scrubby rage quitters. Shame on you!

www.youtube.com/Xurkey
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 8,058
    Could someone upload Juri's entire default files? By mistake I overwrote all of Juris JRI_01 files :(
    J U R I F E E T
  • Alpha TangoAlpha Tango Joined: Posts: 13
    I don't know why, but the game just crash, even with yours file.

Thank you for the answer.

Hmm, that's weird. You're replacing the file located at dlc\03_character_free\ui\chara_select right?
    Could someone upload Juri's entire default files? By mistake I overwrote all of Juris JRI_01 files

Here's Juri's entire default files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c21rwy38v1dvuhu

Can you do me a favor and send me the default title.emz file located at resource\ui\advertise\title? I overwrote that one and forgot to back it up. Thanks.