Super Street Fighter IV AE PC BIG BUG THREAD | Post your AE PC issues here

Comments

• The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    you have to do it through your OS if your mic doesn't have a toggle of it's own
    "This game is garbage." Why do you play it?
    "Because the other garbage is cold." So you just like garbage.
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    No, you can press the home button, click settings or options, click voice and then click mute mic.
    Dat Katy
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    another problem out of nowhere....
    this happens specifically in SF and SFxTekken, not other games.

when I run in windowed mode, game works fine.
    but when I switch to full screen mode, screen turns black but game runs normally with controls and sound. same happens when I run the game directly in full screen mode.

now here is the problem:

when I switch back to Windowed mode, screen continues to be black, not just the games but the whole Windows desktop!.
    even if I exit the game and go to Windows desktop. since
    I hear a notification sound when I switch to full screen but cant read it since screen goes black

even if I press ctrl,alt, del, nothing happens.
    system responds, eg I can turn it off by alt-f4 or click blindly on various applications to open them.

but screen remains black. only solution is to press the power button of the laptop, so it goes into standby mode. if I open it again, windows screen appears again.

This started out of nowhere. For months game worked fine. I had both the steam and the non-steam version.

I didnt use the steam version for a while and till yesterday non-steam version worked fine. when I tried to launch the steam version, this problem appeared.

I reinstalled directx from SF4 directory, but to no avail. game runs much slower in windowed mode

I use a laptop with Nvidia optimus.
    not good at any, mediocre at many
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 781
    I can't login to GFWL anymore since 4 days. I checked the official XBox forums and it seems like I am not the only 1 with this issue.
    No response yet from there.
    Anyone knows how to fix this?
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 759 ✭✭

I can't login to GFWL anymore since 4 days. I checked the official XBox forums and it seems like I am not the only 1 with this issue.
    No response yet from there.
    Anyone knows how to fix this?

Same problem here. The odd thing is that on xbox.com it says that it should be working as usual now.
    Gfwl: jholtta
    Psn: julpro

ssf4 ae 2012: Yang, Gen
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Ryo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin
  • User_User_ Later nerd Joined: Posts: 32
    I can get on GFWL fine, but I have a question: The game seems really internet-heavy, like, when I use something like pandora, it lags to the point where even arcade mode lags. IS there like some Online DRM or something?
    Seth is actually not bad still
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 781
    It worked again since today.
    Kinda off-topic, but how do I delete a post on these new forums? Thanks in advance.
    edited February 2013
    Works for me too except it's never been this laggy as it has been today..

Edit: It's still lagging. Switched to xbox live and the difference was like night and day. Worked perfectly.
    Post edited by Julpero on

• a aa a Joined: Posts: 13
    Hi,

I have a question about using the Qanba Q4 with Steam big picture. There are settings to configure
    my controls for the Q4 but the problem is that I don't have enough buttons to assign for all the commands
    and therefore cannot save my configuration. Is there any way to get around this as I do not like using xpadder.

Thank you.
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 360
    edited February 2013

Hello. I'm not sure if this thread is the right one, but I have a question. I'm thinking about getting the PC version of the game. I have a laptop with these specs:

eMachines g730

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Audio: AMD High Definition Audio Device

Is that okay to run SSF4AE? Or should I wait until I get a desktop PC? Systemrequirementslab.com says that my laptop can run it on minimal settings, but I would like an opinion from tech savvy people.

Post edited by Vlad7779311 on
    Playing as:
    TTT2: Kunimitsu, Feng Wei, Asuka. Also wanna try out Miguel, Anna, Michelle, Jaycee, Dragunov, Zafina, Leo, Lee, Lei & Wang.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Cerebella. Looking forward to ALL 5 DLC characters.
    ST: Vega
    Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko
    UMvC3: I'm just a scrub trying to find a 3rd for a Dante/Strider team that isn't Vergil, Doom or Zero.
    GGXX AC+: Baiken is too hard. Looking for a new main. Maybe Faust, Millia, Potemkin or Jam?
  • starstar Bleed for me! Joined: Posts: 552 ✭✭

Hello. I'm not sure if this thread is the right one, but I have a question. I'm thinking about getting the PC version of the game. I have a laptop with these specs:

eMachines g730

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Is that okay to run SSF4AE? Or should I wait until I get a desktop PC? Systemrequirementslab.com says that my laptop can run it on minimal settings, but I would like an opinion from tech savvy people.

I had a similar laptop, HD 5470 graphics with a slightly  better CPU (i5 first generation) And I was able to run it with all details except motion blur on 1024x600 on 75 frames at the benchmark.
    In my case the graphics card was clearly the bottleneck, so your lower CPU should'nt be a problem.

If you a willing to play at this relatively low resolution there should not be a problem. And if you have a Radeon 5Xxx with the X being a 6 or higher, even 720p might be possible.
    PSN: star1138
    GFWL: thekingIGNORED
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 360
    star said:

eMachines g730

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

I had a similar laptop, HD 5470 graphics with a slightly  better CPU (i5 first generation) And I was able to run it with all details except motion blur on 1024x600 on 75 frames at the benchmark.
    In my case the graphics card was clearly the bottleneck, so your lower CPU should'nt be a problem.

If you a willing to play at this relatively low resolution there should not be a problem. And if you have a Radeon 5Xxx with the X being a 6 or higher, even 720p might be possible.
    Forgot to write down that I also have Radeon HD 5470. I was copying and pasting details.
    Playing as:
    TTT2: Kunimitsu, Feng Wei, Asuka. Also wanna try out Miguel, Anna, Michelle, Jaycee, Dragunov, Zafina, Leo, Lee, Lei & Wang.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Cerebella. Looking forward to ALL 5 DLC characters.
    ST: Vega
    Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko
    UMvC3: I'm just a scrub trying to find a 3rd for a Dante/Strider team that isn't Vergil, Doom or Zero.
    GGXX AC+: Baiken is too hard. Looking for a new main. Maybe Faust, Millia, Potemkin or Jam?
  • starstar Bleed for me! Joined: Posts: 552 ✭✭
    star said:

eMachines g730

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Forgot to write down that I also have Radeon HD 5470. I was copying and pasting details.
    Well in this case it should run on 1024x600 and look like the 360 version, except the explosions animation on a hit being a bit  raw (turning particle effects to "low").
    PSN: star1138
    GFWL: thekingIGNORED
    Alright I'm getting kind of desperate. I'm just going to copy / paste what I pasted on the steam user forums. Hoping someone here can help me.

This has been happening ever since I upgraded my graphics card to a ATI 7850. The game runs perfectly about 90% of the time, but I randomly get locked at 30 FPS mid match. The only fix is to pause the game, or alt tab the game. When I do that it runs fine.

Obviously this is a problem because neither of those options is available when playing online against someone. I know 100% my computer can run this game, I benchmark 200+ FPS. So it's some video issue causing the game to lock down to 30 FPS for some reason. There is a similar post in the SFxT forums regarding this issue. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2720924)

Anyone know how to fix it? My Frame Rate is set to Fixed and I have V-sync on.
    Dat Katy
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    regarding my issue some posts above, it was solved by creating a separate user account.
    Apparently some hidden files need to be deleted or modified but me and 99 % of users have no clue which they are. Only people in QLOC know.
    next time I'll send them an email
    not good at any, mediocre at many
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 335
    Quick question, does the steam version of AE have the latest update patch 1.07? 
    M00nTiger said:
    Turn vsync off
    Without Vsync I get horrible screen tearing, it really throws me off.
    Dat Katy
  • M00nTigerM00nTiger RIP Starbase Arcade Joined: Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    Chocobuny said:
    M00nTiger said:
    Turn vsync off
    Without Vsync I get horrible screen tearing, it really throws me off.
    It's still better than having less than 60fps. When you're in a match, you won't even notice it anyway.
    Seem to have somewhat fixed it. Disabled V - sync, and play in windowed mode.

Sidenote: Anyway to remove the windows border from the game when playing in a window?
    Dat Katy
    Argh nevermind. Just used Fraps to watch my performance. Says I'm running at a steady 60 FPS the entire time, no drops or anything in battle. But the same thing is happening, I can visibly see the game looking weird, almost like its skipping frames. I am at my wits end on this!
    Dat Katy
  • SerrisSerris ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Joined: Posts: 367
    7 5 0 said:
    Quick question, does the steam version of AE have the latest update patch 1.07? 
    Yes, it's been at 1.07 for a while now.
    Steam | YouTube | PlayStation Network ID: Herple-Derples
    Chocobuny said:
    Argh nevermind. Just used Fraps to watch my performance. Says I'm running at a steady 60 FPS the entire time, no drops or anything in battle. But the same thing is happening, I can visibly see the game looking weird, almost like its skipping frames. I am at my wits end on this!
    Oh yeah I know what you're talking about. I've noticed it as well. Seems like there's slowdown but the frame counter doesn't even budge during what seems like slowdown. I think I get that on consoles too but not as much.

One thing I have to ask though is that do you have motion blur on? It blurs frames so it looks horrible and messes up my reactions.

Been using OpenGL Tripple buffering in Catalyst Control Center, seems to have fixed the problem.
    Dat Katy
  • tenshoxxxtenshoxxx Face-to-Fist Technique Joined: Posts: 176
    Is there a tool other than fraps, which i can use to record matches; preferably freeware?
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 420
    Hopefully a quick question here. When playing online, sometimes I can hear the other player's audio. Most of the time it's fine, but every once in a while I run into someone who's audio is extremely loud, which is distracting. Is there a way to disable this? It's probably a simple fix, hope someone can help.
  • DlieuDlieu Joined: Posts: 52
    You can mute your opponent before starting the match
  • MVKMMVKM Joined: Posts: 16
    tenshoxxx wrote: »
    Is there a tool other than fraps, which i can use to record matches; preferably freeware?

I use dxtory, it's not free but you could maybe find a way around that.. :3. It works great, apparently stresses your pc a lot less than fraps too.

http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html

Help on settings for it (the lossless codec he recommends is great):

• MichaelGalardiMichaelGalardi Joined: Posts: 82
    Stopped after restarting. Any answers?
  • SGT_slap_a_hoeSGT_slap_a_hoe Joined: Posts: 338
    hey guys i just installed this on my PC and the yellow mark that shows up when you hit a character is not showing up? Any ideas why? thanks
  • notinmyneighborhoonotinmyneighborhoo Joined: Posts: 61
    Running a ATI 7850, i5 3450 3.10ghz, 8 gigs of ram. Whenever I try antialiasing in the graphics setting, I autocrash whenever I try to get a game in online. Any tips or I'll just have to do without.
    ugh this hit detection thing is pissing me off lol I need to know how to fix it
    Super-Street-Fighter-IV-02.jpg

if you guys were wondering what im talking about it's the yellow hit marker by the left of fei longs head
  • JesseRedeemedJesseRedeemed Joined: Posts: 90
    no matter what my player search setup is. i also only have around 6 people pop up when i look for player. is there a way to fix this?
    XBL: JesseJaguarkick
  • fohstickfohstick Joined: Posts: 240 ✭✭
    issue: pausing and unpausing a game in arcade mode would disable the fight request feature
  • sangbubusangbubu Joined: Posts: 1
    Tiberious wrote: »

Next issue: Unable to do Print Screen. This was a helpful tool for documenting quitters, and when I had someone disconnect after first round (my guess is the game just desynched, as I played him again, and he didn't run, even complementing my Gouken) in AE, I tried to screengrab... but got only a solid black image for my efforts.

I think you need to play the graphic setting. Last time, I got black screen when I set my anti-aliasing to none. I need to put at least 2x anti-aliasing, to make the printscreen works. If i dont put anti-aliasing, i will get black screen when I paste the screen that I captured. If my solution doesnt work, you might want to try adjust something else. Sorry, this is stupid and not professional, but it works for me.
  • BenzBenz Joined: Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know how to map the same button more than once? For example, I can't map my LP+LK/MP+MK to my pad anymore. I was able to do it before getting my new PC. nm it works.
    Post edited by Benz on
  • SuperVehicle001SuperVehicle001 Joined: Posts: 51
    I'm desperately trying to fix a major issue with SSFIV:AE 2012 with my new laptop before I leave. I've deleted the game from steam and re-installed the game, uninstalled and re-insallted the latest NVIDIA drivers (320.18) and even did a clean install with those.

Here is what I get after playing the game a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=TaNQVpKtLNM

I don't know what else to try! I don't want to have to disable SLI because I take a huge performance hit. Also I bought the freaking laptop for the SLI enabled cards! Disabling SLI would be stupid. I'd just have a card sitting there doing nothing!

PC players please advise!
  • ugo_2uugo_2u Joined: Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭
    sangbubu wrote: »
    Tiberious wrote: »

Next issue: Unable to do Print Screen. This was a helpful tool for documenting quitters, and when I had someone disconnect after first round (my guess is the game just desynched, as I played him again, and he didn't run, even complementing my Gouken) in AE, I tried to screengrab... but got only a solid black image for my efforts.

I think you need to play the graphic setting. Last time, I got black screen when I set my anti-aliasing to none. I need to put at least 2x anti-aliasing, to make the printscreen works. If i dont put anti-aliasing, i will get black screen when I paste the screen that I captured. If my solution doesnt work, you might want to try adjust something else. Sorry, this is stupid and not professional, but it works for me.

In my experience I just have to turn to windows mode (Alt+Enter) then I take the screen shot. that works
    ssf4ae v2012 tutorial archive http://www.padstickgaming.com/
    Footsie Guide by Maj PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30414642/footsie guide.pdf
    Follow me on Twitter @ugo_2u
    I'm desperately trying to fix a major issue with SSFIV:AE 2012 with my new laptop before I leave. I've deleted the game from steam and re-installed the game, uninstalled and re-insallted the latest NVIDIA drivers (320.18) and even did a clean install with those.

I don't know what else to try! I don't want to have to disable SLI because I take a huge performance hit. Also I bought the freaking laptop for the SLI enabled cards! Disabling SLI would be stupid. I'd just have a card sitting there doing nothing!

Your laptop might be overheating. The fact that you get graphic artifacts that bad + it only happens after a period of time has elapsed makes me believe that the game is straining your system. SF4AE on PC is very poorly optimized, so it can have funny effects with computers. Try lowering graphics options, resolution settings, closing background programs etc and monitor your computer with a free temperature checking program, my preference is http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
    Dat Katy
  • SuperVehicle001SuperVehicle001 Joined: Posts: 51
    Chocobuny wrote: »

Your laptop might be overheating. The fact that you get graphic artifacts that bad + it only happens after a period of time has elapsed makes me believe that the game is straining your system. SF4AE on PC is very poorly optimized, so it can have funny effects with computers. Try lowering graphics options, resolution settings, closing background programs etc and monitor your computer with a free temperature checking program, my preference is http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I used GPU-Z to record an average for both my cards and my GPUs are running cool. 50 (Celsius). In one last ditch attempt I uninstalled AE, clean installed my drivers then killed GFWL. Then I re-installed everything. UNINSTALLED the GFWL redistributable that comes with steam and got it straight from Microsoft. I haven't had a problem since then but I haven't tested it for a super long time yet.
  • Dr WDr W Joined: Posts: 73
    Didn't want to make an entire thread I figured I'd ask here. Is there anyway you can upload replays you have saved ingame to youtube? Or would I need recording equipment.
  • muumumuumu Joined: Posts: 3
    I tend to lose connections when playing ranked and sometimes in endless as well.

It's always the same: at one point my tiger shots just start hitting at an alarmingly good rate. Then I stop and see that the opponent is doing random moves for a while and then it loses the connection.

I guess this is because the game gets out of sync. And I have no idea why...

Are there any tricks to try? I have a good (wired) internet connection and i've forwarded all the ports I need.
  • SpoonmanSpoonman Joined: Posts: 365
    I am surprised that a mod to fix the soft shadows setting has not been released. If you don't know what I am talking about just compare the self shadowing in the characters in Vanilla PC vs AE PC, Vanilla's self shadows look way better.
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    Chocobuny wrote: »

I used GPU-Z to record an average for both my cards and my GPUs are running cool. 50 (Celsius). In one last ditch attempt I uninstalled AE, clean installed my drivers then killed GFWL. Then I re-installed everything. UNINSTALLED the GFWL redistributable that comes with steam and got it straight from Microsoft. I haven't had a problem since then but I haven't tested it for a super long time yet.

I might have to try that. I still get the issue after updating my drivers and reinstalling the game. It has NOTHING to do with temperature as far as I can tell. My card never gets over 65 degrees when running this game.
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • SilentShadeSilentShade Joined: Posts: 1
    Almost all the time i`m getting the "unable to join session" in ranked and endless.Anyone know how to fix it?
  • kraalkraal Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭
    1)Someone joined faster
    2)The host blocked you
    3)NAT problem.

Some things you can do:
    setup your own endless/ranked lobby, play arcade mode with fight requests ON, fix your NAT mode to open.
  • Laughter 7Laughter 7 Joined: Posts: 527
    Has anyone else been getting big lag spikes every few minutes while playing this online lately? I've noticed this over the past few days, and I don't think it's my connection because I'm on fibre and I've ran a bunch of tests and everything seems fine?
  • MRcanadafafMRcanadafaf Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey,

Having a bit of trouble with button inputs in this game. After a bit of playing (maybe about 15-20 seconds in) my arcade stick will not recognize that I'm pressing the kick buttons. I've posted a short video here showing you what I mean if you do not understand. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Thank you