Super Street Fighter IV AE PC BIG BUG THREAD | Post your AE PC issues here

Comments

• The Bucket Of TruthThe Bucket Of Truth VINTAGE Michael Cole Joined: Posts: 764
    working again. thx
    Kobayashi told reporters he had a sandwich and a glass of milk while being held.

"I am very hungry," he said. "I wish there were hot dogs in jail."
  • wolfpizzawolfpizza Joined: Posts: 8
    Have you checked if the right ports are being forwarded?
  • ugo_2uugo_2u Joined: Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to go online for around 6+ months now. it always tells me the Live service may be unavailable. my network information is something like this

Network adaptor: Local Area Connection
    Internet IP Address: Not signed in
    Local IP Address: 192.168.3.4:0
    System Link Address: Not active
    PC Account: PC:00001278CE0
    UPnP: Not signed in
    PC ID: 0xCC4C22443B66A88C
    NAT Type: Open

anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem?
    usually SSF4AE issues are caused either by wrong port forwarding or a faulty GFWL client, mostly reinstalling the service will work but if not try installing on another computer if it has the same error then download another copy or something
    ssf4ae v2012 tutorial archive http://www.padstickgaming.com/
    Footsie Guide by Maj PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30414642/footsie guide.pdf
    Follow me on Twitter @ugo_2u
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    enable uPNP, it gets rid of many headaches.
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
  • The Bucket Of TruthThe Bucket Of Truth VINTAGE Michael Cole Joined: Posts: 764
    well it worked for a couple of days when i changed the ports around (my port forwarding list is massive atm) and now it's back to not working again. upnp is enabled and i have what i believe to be the correct ports. i don't think i'll ever understand gfwl. may try reinstalling
    Kobayashi told reporters he had a sandwich and a glass of milk while being held.

"I am very hungry," he said. "I wish there were hot dogs in jail."
  • orcitectorcitect Joined: Posts: 132
    The problem that I've had for a few months now is that the performance has dropped BIG TIME. My Pc used to play AE just fine, on full settings and I'd get A easily, but now... I seem to only get good performance with everything on low and stages turned off. My drivers and everything are up to date, Is this a known problem? it only seem to be AE that's struggling, any other game I play seems to be fine, just cant figure out what the problem is. Might try reinstalling but I don't think that'd make much difference. Here's the specs, its getting on a bit but it still should have enough poke for AE;

Phenom x4 2.5Ghz
    8GB of 1333mhz Ram
    ATI 5850

Thanks in advance!
    [ PSN - Goukitech ]
    [ AE - Akuma ] [ BB - Ragna ] [ SFxT - Akuma & Kazuya ]
  • DarkSamusDarkSamus Yet another Ken scrub. Steam = darksamus12 Joined: Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    ^^Your specs are certainly fine as it runs on my partners laptop 100% fine with similar specs.
    Her laptops specs for comparison are...

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Intel Corei7 740QM
    6GB of 1333mhz ram
    Nvidia GTS 350m

She runs the game at full specs and gets solid 60fps.
    Only time we see it go below 60fps is when we turn SS3D (3D Vision) on where it runs at approx 40fps

I give you my partners PC details and not mine as my PC is very high end and makes mince meat out of AE (and most other games)

As you said yourself I think you need to re-install it
    *Removed image due to excessively large size*
    ^^LMFAO I guess I can't post pictures of my penis^^
    Perfect For Any Playstation Controller
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    i have another issue that does not seem to be solved and is quite annoying.

When I play arcade mode and press the start button to skip player intros, the message "A new warrior has entered the ring" appears. Then it takes me to player select screen. but this time controls of player 1 are assigned to player 2. But then after I choose player 2, controls for player 1 are not responding. whether with the keyboard or the joypad. Eg I chose Juri as player 1, press start to skip the VS intro and message appears. So now I have to choose any player for player 2. But player 1 screen is stuck at Juri, whom I chose previously, with the ultra select screen. I cant press any button or get rid of that menu. Only if I log out.

the strange thing is that I assigned player 1 start button without conflicting with any player 2 button.
    As if player 1 start button, whichever I assign, is automatically assigned to player 2 start button. It is annoying because I cant skip intros or pause the game in arcade mode.

Did you ever find a fix for this? This happens often for me, especially after clicking back into the game (I play on window mode). Is there a way to fix this without having to use full screen mode?
    Dat Katy
  • KiiroJunKiiroJun SSF4:AE Morton's Revenge Joined: Posts: 64
    im getting this "An unhandled error has occurred. (-1)" at startup, anyone else gettingthis?

Yeah I am... Anyone know what the error is and how to fit it?
  • shinodashinoda Joined: Posts: 2
    I had this error but I managed to launch AE. I did several things, I don't know which one solved it but here are my steps :

1. Uninstall every GFWL version you have and every redist (C++, .NET). Clean wth ccleaner (registry mainly). Reboot, just in case.
    2. Go to : http://www.xbox.com/live/pc/downloadclient and download the client, install it. Try to log in with your GFWL account. If it shows an error, go to www.xbox.com, log in and accept new mentions until you can access to your profile.
    3. Try to relog with the GFWL client.
    4. If it works, launch SF4 from Steam.

It worked for me, please tell me if it's the same for you so we can spread the workaround.
  • SOyunSOyun Joined: Posts: 29
    ok it's my turn to complain.

1st complain: Sound. This is the only game that I've set up my volume to the first bar because I hate the stupid sounds from this game and everytime when I press start the DAMN sound is at the MAXIMUM BAR... THIS IS STREEEET FIGHTERRRRRRRR YOU HEEAR MEEEEE?!!!! at 2 am everyone is listening in my building. I'm not programmer in any kind, so I wonder.. is it really that difficult to load a .ini with your preference when you do double click on a icon? Am I asking for too much?.

2nd Complain: Sound. I've set the lowest bar (that means no sound = 0) and when I press the Home button.. It is still with sound!!!... Once again, I'm a ignorant lowest consumer that only ask for a configuration that does not go against what I'm asking for.

I'm not complaining that everytime that I'm fighting, my hard drive starts swapping files like crazy, I'm not asking for a netcode that shows a real ping and not PURE RED PINGS when I do a custom search and gives me ALWAYS GREEN PINGS when I'm creating a room and some guy from egypt shows with a green ping even that I'm in Mexico.

I only want that they respect a dumb file called config.ini
  • SneakMindSneakMind Member Joined: Posts: 29
    Does anyone else who plays on 360 notice that the PC version has some input lag? Or is it just me?
    ok it's my turn to complain.

1st complain: Sound. This is the only game that I've set up my volume to the first bar because I hate the stupid sounds from this game and everytime when I press start the DAMN sound is at the MAXIMUM BAR... THIS IS STREEEET FIGHTERRRRRRRR YOU HEEAR MEEEEE?!!!! at 2 am everyone is listening in my building. I'm not programmer in any kind, so I wonder.. is it really that difficult to load a .ini with your preference when you do double click on a icon? Am I asking for too much?.

2nd Complain: Sound. I've set the lowest bar (that means no sound = 0) and when I press the Home button.. It is still with sound!!!... Once again, I'm a ignorant lowest consumer that only ask for a configuration that does not go against what I'm asking for.

I'm not complaining that everytime that I'm fighting, my hard drive starts swapping files like crazy, I'm not asking for a netcode that shows a real ping and not PURE RED PINGS when I do a custom search and gives me ALWAYS GREEN PINGS when I'm creating a room and some guy from egypt shows with a green ping even that I'm in Mexico.

I only want that they respect a dumb file called config.ini

Sorry I can't help, but I agree with this. The sound this is a major pain in the ass. The first thing I do when I click the AE icon is minimize the game and turn the sound down to 1. It never remembers this setting, and it is so frustrating.
    Dat Katy
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭
    Did you ever find a fix for this? This happens often for me, especially after clicking back into the game (I play on window mode). Is there a way to fix this without having to use full screen mode?

no sorry, this problem appears if I play with a keyboard, but now I use mostly an arcade stick.
    not good at any, mediocre at many
    no sorry, this problem appears if I play with a keyboard, but now I use mostly an arcade stick.

I use a stick and get it : (. It doesn't happen in normal play, but if I alt tab from the game and tab back in, pressing start within like 10ish seconds makes it so Player 2 joins the match. Argh!
    Dat Katy
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    the rainstorm near the end of the summer knocking out power & telephone lines made GFWL AE 2012 PC VERSION lagy as hell.
    understandable. but now with hurricane sandy, its 2x worse.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • DupueDupue Joined: Posts: 17
    ok so i went throught this thread and i didnt quite see my issue with anyone else. I run the game on ultra with everything on max, and when i play in VS mode with my roomates i get 190 fps constantly. I have a very strong gaming rig and i can run games like BF3 on ultra with 60 fps.

Here is my issue. When i play online in a ranked match i get weird slow motion issues. Like me and my opponent are both moving in slow motion. Its not just me in the lobby its both of us. Is it a server issue? Could it be if 2 players running the game on ultra meet then performance gets screwed from too much data being sent between client and server?

Is anyone else having slow motion weird issues only in online mode? I watch some streamers play on pc and they dont have this lag/slow motion thing. I would really like to play online, training mode is getting old haha

Btw i have comcast business class and get over 50mbs down and 30 mbs up so i know its not my connection to the internet.
    this is mainly a server issue. I used to have that problem in the first months of the game, but not anymore since I look for opponents with decent connections. Usually that happens with transcontinental matches or maybe they use lag switch in order to screw your inputs.

do you get this issue with all games? try also to port forward the addresses the game uses in the router config.
    this is mainly a server issue. I used to have that problem in the first months of the game, but not anymore since I look for opponents with decent connections. Usually that happens with transcontinental matches or maybe they use lag switch in order to screw your inputs.

do you get this issue with all games? try also to port forward the addresses the game uses in the router config.

I get zero lag with other games, i play battlefield 3 on british servers even though im in california. So i guess it means its Street fighter then, if i turn down my graphics when i play online would that help? I just want to be able to enjoy online matches instead of playing the dumb cpu.
    I meant if you got this problem for all SFIV online games, regardless of ping or distance. Even on green bars?

try to do this to see if it helps

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/super-street-fighter-iv-ae-pc-big-bug-thread-post-your-ae-pc-issues-here.140594/page-5#post-5986792

on your internet router open those ports : or do this for addresses 10-500 all at once. Perhaps some other programm is using or blocking these ports.

TCP port 80.
    UDP and TCP port 3074.
    UDP port 88
    UDP and TCP port 53
    TCP port 443
    I meant if you got this problem for all SFIV online games, regardless of ping or distance. Even on green bars?

ya i will do these steps and get back to you, thanks for your help
  • ScocciabureteScocciaburete Joined: Posts: 1
    Help guys, I've just installed the game and works fine but it freezes just before the bonus stage VS logo is done. All I can do after that is quit the game. (Alt+F4)
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 370 ✭✭
    I can't get the game working in windows 8. When I launch it from Steam, it just goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor and does nothing.
    Vanilla works, but can't sign in to gfwl. If I select "yes" to the sign in prompt it doesn't do anything.
  • DarkSamusDarkSamus Yet another Ken scrub. Steam = darksamus12 Joined: Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    I can't get the game working in windows 8. When I launch it from Steam, it just goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor and does nothing.
    Vanilla works, but can't sign in to gfwl. If I select "yes" to the sign in prompt it doesn't do anything.
    The problem is caused by the GFWL binary that is provided with the game

uninstall it from the usual place and install the version from www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclien...

Then all GFWL games should run perfectly in Windows 8.
    That's not the least bit surprising. GFWL is just the worst.
    I'm going to redownload everything through Steam later this week.
    Do I need any particular version of the visual c++ redistributable?
    Just uninstall GFWL and re-install it using the one at the link I gave, no need to do anything else.
  • pootnanniespootnannies hypocrite Joined: Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    trying to get back into the tourney scene so i've been practicing sf4 on pc here and there. one really weird thing that has been happening recently is that when playing arcade mode, sometimes i get hit with normal/special ground moves even though i'm blocking. i'm just holding back or back-down and it will sometimes last like 2 seconds where all their pokes hit me. i'm using a custom stick with cthulu board and it works fine with other fighters on pc but for AE i get this problem. this never happened before and i've had this game on pc for a while and have been using this stick to play for a long time and this was never an issue. anybody else experience this?
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

xbl: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
  • derBenederBene 1/2 Scrub, Padplayer Joined: Posts: 287
    I just encountered a WEIRD bug in Arcade Mode on the PC AE version. :wtf:
    Fought with Gen against Guy and had just changed my system settings to lesser quality.
    Now I was trying out the settings and mashed Hands after I blocked an attack. Hands didn't hit and Guy answered with his ultra1 where he grabs you and spins up in the air. After the whole ultra sequence Guy fell down but Gen ALREADY was on the ground. That was confusing and I looked at my hp bar, wondering if I had lost any hp. In the next round this happened again and Gen was on the floor like he was never grabbed by Guy's ultra.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    GfWL-PC: thissucks85
    "Maybe you're the bad guy but that doesn't mean: you are bad guy." Zangief
    Sounds like you changed to "Smooth" in the settings.
    If I am right, please change it back to "Fixed" as noone will want to play you while using the buggy "Smooth" setting.
    Yep, was changed to smooth. Well, that de-escalated quickly. Thanks. :)
  • cheesepopcheesepop Joined: Posts: 3
    hello :)

I'm new here and I have download the street fighter IV patch SSF4AE Title Update 5 (1.07 Patch)
    but I dont know how to install it.. I'm also not a techy person.. please anyone any help or advice would be great!!
    the game is installed in my computer and it works ok but I really want to patch it.

also I tried installing it by myself and this message always shows up

setup - (D:\streetfighter4\Media1.cab.verify that the file exists and that you can access it)

TitleUpdate - (Installation failed. Run setup to install update)

thanks in advance
    Do you have Street Fighter 4 (Vanilla) installed or Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition? Because, I think they stopped support for Vanilla.
    Maybe try to use your key with Steam and bind it to your account? Because Steam will keep the game up to date for you. But wait for further ideas before doing that, I don't want you to regret that step because you won't be able to sell it anymore.
  • cheesepopcheesepop Joined: Posts: 3
    I have Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition PC but I don't know what version..
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭
    Heres a match I had recently.

Notice both players have wins recorded against them.
    I got both games installed and almost working, but Super crashes at the character select now. The first time I tried the game, it worked, but now it crashes every time. This is game is buggy as hell.

EDIT: I just had to install Visual C++ 2010 to get it working again. Also, it seems that the 64bit version works just as well as the x86 version that comes with the game.

When I first installed them through steam, the games just wouldn't launch. It turns out that the GFWL software was never installed, so I grabbed the latest version and used that, and then the games started just fine.

I'm also having issues with my save files. It seems that they aren't transferable, and GFWL doesn't have cloud storage for saves. I don't want to unlock everything again, especially for vanilla, but I can't find unlockers for the steam versions of he games.

EDIT: Apparently there are no retail/steam versions for the most recent version of the unlocker, and instead it's just an option you pick after starting it.
    There doesn't seem to be a working unlocker for vanilla that doesn't corrupt the save file.
  • AmigoOneAmigoOne Joined: Posts: 1,155
    Anyone else have problems with the new gfwl install client??

the exe that came with the steam version works, but then when I run the new one from the xbox website, its get error 0x800b0100 and fails to install.

Im running windows 8 64 bit.
    Anyone else have problems with the new gfwl install client??

the exe that came with the steam version works, but then when I run the new one from the xbox website, its get error 0x800b0100 and fails to install.

Im running windows 8 64 bit.
    Try what I said to do in post #425 of this thread.
    Try what I said to do in post #425 of this thread.

I did that numerous times, this issue is me trying to do exactly that. I uninstalled both gfwl things and downloaded the gfwl client from the xbox website. Then when I run the installer, I get that error. Let me post the log.

Logging Started: 12/24/2012 03:14:56
    Source Folder: C:\Users\--\Downloads
    OS v6.2 (build 9200) 64 bit
    OS Product Type: 0x00000030
    User Default LCID: 0x0409
    Command Line: "C:\Users\--\Downloads\gfwlivesetup.exe"
    (03:14:56) Direct DL: 0
    (03:14:56) DL Recent: 0
    (03:14:56) Offer ID:
    (03:14:56) Initialized
    (03:14:56) Download folder C:\Users\--\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads
    (03:14:56) Resources initialized
    (03:14:57) Downloading version file to C:\Users\--AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\gfwlivesetup_10337.ver
    (03:14:57) Download Status: go.microsoft.com
    (03:14:57) Download Status: 64.4.11.25
    (03:14:57) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
    (03:14:57) Download Status: text/plain
    (03:14:57) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
    (03:14:57) Download Status: C:\Users\--\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G4FMB0X8\gfwlivesetup[1].txt
    (03:14:57) Current version: 3.5.0089.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110411-1052)
    (03:14:57) Latest version: 3.5.0089.0
    (03:14:57) Install Started
    (03:14:57) Downloading redists only
    (03:14:57) Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE (Waiting)
    (03:14:58) Games for Windows Marketplace Client (Waiting)
    (03:14:58) Microsoft .NET Framework (Found)
    (03:14:58) Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Waiting)
    (03:14:58) Download Start Notification: 0
    (03:14:58) Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE (Downloading...)
    (03:14:58) Progress 68%
    (03:14:58) Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE (Downloaded)
    (03:14:58) Download Start Notification: 1
    (03:14:58) Games for Windows Marketplace Client (Downloading...)
    (03:14:58) Progress 79%
    (03:14:58) Games for Windows Marketplace Client (Downloaded)
    (03:14:58) Download Start Notification: 3
    (03:14:58) Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Downloading...)
    (03:14:58) Progress 100%
    (03:14:59) Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Downloaded)
    (03:14:59) Download Finish Notification: 0
    (03:14:59) Install Started
    (03:14:59) Install Start Notification
    (03:14:59) InstallProduct Error: 0x800b0100
    (03:14:59) An error occurred. Error code: 0x800b0100
    (03:14:59) An error occurred. Error code: 0x800b0100
    OK, that's limit of my knowledge reached.
    You're the first Windows 8 user I've found to still have problems after following what I said.
    OK, that's limit of my knowledge reached.
    You're the first Windows 8 user I've found to still have problems after following what I said.

Trust me, I really wish I wasn't.
    found the solution to my problem

liveredist.msi file was not validated for some reason. Download a non shit one from this link if you also encounter this problem

[SIZE=13px]http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/xliveredist.msi[/SIZE]
  • Shinra358Shinra358 Joined: Posts: 59
    For Nvidia 3D Vision, 3D is messed up at some point (if not all points) of any character's win dialogue screen.
    For Nvidia 3D Vision, 3D is messed up at some point (if not all points) of any character's win dialogue screen.
    There are a few faults with the game and 3D Vision.
    Try this one...
    Get you enemy dizzy and look at what you don't see :D
  • Shinra358Shinra358 Joined: Posts: 59
    This time it may be just the fault of capcom's side. It seems like they missed lining something up with the images in coding. I say this because it was initially made with N3DV in mind. For example, when you win with Oni, you see 2 images of him facing opposite directions on his win screen. With THawk, if you close your right eye, you see 2 images on the left eye and if you close your left eye, you only see one image. You can even notice on some characters winning screens that near the end of them, they seem to fix themselves and snap back into place (this snapping happens in sfxt also when they are jumping to the lower portion of a stage).

Capcom also didn't line their super meters up properly when doing zoom-in attacks on SFxT.

Also, the fact that the 2d images in the menus are still just 2D, means that capcom had to go through and do this themselves to make the game display correctly. Since I'm not on capcom forums anymore :P, you should go there and let them know so they can fix it DarkSamus :) Afterall, they kept these same bugs in even in vanilla SF4 :(
  • Nemesys_SyndromeNemesys_Syndrome What the?! Where?! Joined: Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine is having issues with his AE PC. He recently purchased the game through the Steam Sale and loaded the game but every time he tries logging on to Live he gets the message, "Unable to Load Profile". Can someone help with this? I don't know the solution to this problem.
    First, uninstall GFWL client and GFWL marketplace, then install the version posted earlier in this thread.
    That will probably fix it.
    Having an issue since I just upgraded my computer.

Upgraded to a ATI 7850 card with the latest drivers, and now I'm having an issue randomly where if I alt tab the game, when I come back into it the game locks at 30 FPS. My benchmark places me at around 190 FPS, I know my computer definitely can run the game as I had no problems with my old GPU. The only way for me to fix it is so keep alt tabbing until it goes back to normal.

I run the game on high graphics settings, with Vsync on. I'm fairly sure it's a problem with Vsync, as it locks firmly at 30 FPS instead of being sporadic but I obviously only want it to lock at 60 FPS. Also character introduction cutscenes at the start of rounds are choppy and at 30 FPS as well, regardless of alt tabbing. Gameplay is generally perfect though, this issue only crops up on around 5% of alt tabs, but it's still annoying.
    Dat Katy
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys. I'm trying to install AE on my PC, and I keep getting: error code: 0x800b0100, during the installation process.

I've redownloaded the downloader off of Amazon like 7 or 8 times at this point and I keep getting the same error. How do I fix this? I am going nuts here. Need help.

Here's what the log says:
    Spoiler:

And the elevated log:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: I have Vista if it helps. I'm using the Setup.exe If I use the file that says Game to install, I get "The cabinet file Media1.cab" required for installation is corrupt and cannot be used"
    XBL: FBV Ramma | PSN: RammaCricket
    USFIV: Cody/Zangief | Alts: Juri, Sakura, Ryu, Poison, Sagat, Evil Ryu Follow me: @ rammacricket
  • KillaSoundBwoyKillaSoundBwoy Joined: Posts: 1
    AE wont recognize my second wireless xBox 360 controller,
    so i cant play versus with two controllers.
    It worked like a charm before i updated the retail version of AE,
    however i could only choose the few SF4 characters...
    Is there a known way to fix this?
    i havent found a solution anywhere on the net, capcom hotline wont help either :/
    Is there a way to maybe replace a pre-update .ini or config-file
    that allows me to play versus with 2 controllers just like before the update?
    i dont care about online gaming, i just want to play the new characters in versus mode
    against my buddies on the couch .-)

So far i tried:
    - x360ce emulator (despite the fact i own the original 360´s ; desperate noob here),
    - editing the options config-file but no success...

please if anyone feels crafty enough, help me out here O_O
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 780
    This might be off topic, but where do I find the option to set the mic on and off?
    I can mute the mic of other ppl in lobbies, but mine?
    Sry, if this has already been asked.
    I am kinda confused and can't find an option on PC.