Arcades in Stockton California 209

cBASScBASS run away!Joined: Posts: 56
edited June 2015 in Pacific North
UPDATE: 6/23/15 a lot has changed since the last owner left the place. I came to an agreement to buy half of his games because he got kicked out of his old location. My family now runs the arcade, i try my best to have the best games and keep them working. We had to get rid of some games and got new games over the time. please do stop by and support us.

Hello ppl, I'm new to the forums, anyways i made this thread so that ppl can know where to play fighting games n such or list local arcades in Stockton or nearby...

There is this one arcade in stockton at a fleamarket that opens saturdays and sundays and has a nice line up of figthing games. Ive been playing here since I was 8, arcade has had 3 different owners,(New 4th owner as of February 2012) got to know the current owner and now I'm the tech. The place doesn't really have a name but there is a billboard sorta like on the outside and it says ICE COLD SODAS, they got snacks and drinks for sale. No candy cabs, all American woody cabs but they work. its very easy to find and its on the back side of the fleamarket right when you enter on your right.

Here is the address...
2542 S El Dorado St
Stockton, CA 95206

hours are from 8:30am to 5pm saturdays and sundays. here is the list of games...

Fighting games (.25 all per play on fighting games)

-Capcom vs SNK 2 ( JP version, 24" LCD, Sanwa parts)
-Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2 (2 games in 1 cab, 24" LCD, HAPP parts)
-King of Fighters 00/01/02/03 (Neo Geo 4 slot cabinet, 27" LCD)
-King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (showcase cabinet, 32" LCD)
-Soul Calibur 3 arcade edition (24" LCD HAPP parts)

non fighting games ( - =.25 / -- = .50)
--Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (Stepmania with extreme theme and all ddr songs)
-Ms.PACMAN/Galaga 20th reunion
-Metal slug 6
--Initial D 3 Twin (working card readers with cards available at 5 quarters)
--Crazy Taxi
-- Outrun 2 SP (27" LCD)
-- 4X Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 (working card readers with cards available at 10 quarters)
--Time Crisis 3 DX
--The House of the Dead 2 DX
--The House of the Dead 3 SD
--The House of the Dead 4 DX
--Foosball table
--Hockey table

Pretty much here is the place to play king of fighters

ohh and if you need change then ask the person that's at the front counter...there is no coin machine, yeah an arcade with no coin change machine lol

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stockton-Arcade/206105256104831?ref=hl
Post edited by cBASS on
My Arcade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stockton-Arcade/206105256104831?ref=hl
CvS2: Iori, Sakura, Cammy N-Groove SSFIV: Dee Jay
MVC2: Guile, Tron, Cable UMVC3: Phoenix Wright, Nemesis, Frank West
SFIII 3s: Elena SFIIT: E. Honda

Comments

• MajinTonyMajinTony World Painted Blood Joined: Posts: 42
    Wow I only knew about the Wilson and Delta flea markets. That is way out south though. Do they charge to play the MvC/AE showcase cabinet?
    "Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR
    www.darksidealliance.com
    www.joinDSA.com
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    do hella ppl go there? and really, there's hella kof players there, too???

btw, i heard there be helllllllllllllllllllllla like cholo ese dudes there. hella trippin and shit over colors, is that true? i don't bang or nothing but i don't wanna get into anything over stupid stuff feel me lol
  • trikontrikon So yeah, i win. Joined: Posts: 194
    sounds dope but scared if anything pops off. MEXICAN CANDY + GAMES!!!!!
    Buff as F*ck
    well alot of my boys bang, but they know i'ma gamer nigga, i'm coo off that gang banging shit lol so one time they were telling me about this place at the flea market, but they were saying some shit like dont wear red or something like that. they were gonna take me there one day 'cause they wanted to see me play, they dont believe me that i play (this was when marvel 2 was still being played) but we never ended up going.

pretty much, they were telling me on the weekends, alllllllllllllllll of the surenos from like lodi, and stockton, shit like that, they go kick it over at the flea market like dumb ass deep. now i really don't give a shit about any of that crap, i just wanna play. but i just assume because the way i talk and act, they're gonna trip off me and try hitting me up and shit like that.

now keep in mind, this is just all from what i was told. lol
  • cBASScBASS run away! Joined: Posts: 56
    @MajinTony yea its 5 minutes per quarter. its a pretty good deal, there is some good guys on SSF4AE and the owner son is one of the top players on MVC3.

@Trikon well ive been a regular here for almost 10 years and the last time i remember something stupid/bad happen was like in 06 when some guy started to shoot at ppl at the parking lot. basically ppl stop coming here because the dumb owner of the fleamarket charged .50 to enter the place, they stop charging but now everyone dont know that so we are trying to spread the word to get more pp back into the fleamarket and arcade.

@Korngo mostly ppl go from 11am in between 3pm (family's and little kids) but the regulars usually stay from opening to closing when the competition gets good on KOF 02. There is a lot of KOF players since most mexicans grew up with KOF, metal slug and pump it up arcade games.

NOW!!! about this cholo/ese shit (LOL) none of that is true, i go there every week and i dont see no color gang bullshit, it use to happen back in between 03-07...ok you will see prob some teenagers with white T's but its either themselves or with a friend, no groups more than 3. I just want to get this place heard out so we can get more regulars and maybe someone who plays CVS2 cuz thats the game im best at.
    My Arcade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stockton-Arcade/206105256104831?ref=hl
    also street fighter III was down last week because p1 sanwa stick was messed up, machine was off...
    @Korngo mostly ppl go from 11am in between 3pm (family's and little kids) but the regulars usually stay from opening to closing when the competition gets good on KOF 02. There is a lot of KOF players since most mexicans grew up with KOF, metal slug and pump it up arcade games.

NOW!!! about this cholo/ese shit (LOL) none of that is true, i go there every week and i dont see no color gang bullshit, it use to happen back in between 03-07...ok you will see prob some teenagers with white T's but its either themselves or with a friend, no groups more than 3. I just want to get this place heard out so we can get more regulars and maybe someone who plays CVS2 cuz thats the game im best at.

bro, thanks for clearing that up! i was hoping it wasent like that! lol

i also started out on playing kof, i play kof98 and kof02 so it would be awesome to play again with some folks!
  • KelenaeKelenae Joined: Posts: 42
    Oh noes. People found my secret spot :3 I'll be there next week if anyone shows up.
  • SchnoogledeckSchnoogledeck Joined: Posts: 58
    Do a lot of people come every week? I may come this weekend to get better at AE, and maybe someone could show me the ways of third strike and kofxiii before they drop for consoles, but i don't want to go and just hang by myself.
  • starkilledstarkilled Black and white (I'm really black) Joined: Posts: 1,702
    I can teach you what I know of 3s sat. I'm sure some of you have seen my face. I usually just walk around and look at all the big butt mexican girls up in this mug but if you see me, just stop me and ask to play. I can just about play everything there excluding kof. ( I do play kof13 though)
    fuck a relationship. god told that stupid bitch eve not to eat the fuckin mango or whatever, the bitch did, and fucked everyone. fuck women! shout out to snakes! -jimmy1200
    Well I'm not sure how to find you, but I'll be there tomorrow, saturday.
    so today was cool, played some cvs2, gg to who ever played me...anyways the boss asked me to ask you guys on what would you guys like to see here like games n making the place better, opinions n such...im talking to him about lowering the fighting games to .25, especially cvs2 and mvc2 since those are 10+ year old games...also we ordered a new batch of joysticks to fix them and we are rebuilding the ps3 showcase cab with sanwas and installing 3rd stick back to back on the black mk cabs...

also for you bemani boys we are adding a ddr machine with memory card slots

here is the facebook page of the arcade, i usually updated it but will most likely post updates here...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Stockton-Arcade/206105256104831
  • crispyZIMcrispyZIM Joined: Posts: 12
    This place is sick. Me and a few friends were there today playing some ae and kof. I was looking forward to playing some 3s but kof was on that cab. I would like to see a few fans in there though...it was pretty hot. The more fighting games the better. anyone like vampire savior?? I'm surprised something this cool exists in stockton! Everyone needs to start heading out there on the weekends, there weren't many people there today.
    This place is sick. Me and a few friends were there today playing some ae and kof. I was looking forward to playing some 3s but kof was on that cab. I would like to see a few fans in there though...it was pretty hot. The more fighting games the better. anyone like vampire savior?? I'm surprised something this cool exists in stockton! Everyone needs to start heading out there on the weekends, there weren't many people there today.

the 3s cab, we are going to swap the boards by next week, ima try and convince the owner for 2mrw

as for the fans, we are going to buy another big industrial fan to keep the place cool....we also take donation of fans, the guys who are putting the ddr machine donated 2 fans....
  • Xplict91Xplict91 Avatar Maker =] Joined: Posts: 74
    @cbass yo man.. this is dan from the flea

I would like to say I play at this arcade every while, good machines alot of heavy competition on KOF , we need more SF: AE and MVC players tho, This place has been around for over 14+ years and its only increasing, Suggest any 209 folk or any other to check it out, gets packed around sundays

just letting u kno just dont wear red or blue, ppl are iffy there lol, other than that its a good place to chill no drama keep it at home!

also, I sell games at the same flea, in case you want to get somethin haa! ;) Look me up at J3J4 wouldnt mind seeing srk folk there
    ah i missed it today, i will go tomorrow for sure
  • GuayabaGuayaba Joined: Posts: 48
    Cbass that was me who played you in cvs2, kof13,mvc2, and AE. Dude dont let me play again and relearn the game. Although i still got with M.bison on cvs2. i might see you again next sunday. We'll see whats up. O and change the buttons to AE i cant do any slide methods. Word of advice to any hondas, gens, and chun li's dont use them there you will not hit your crazy links. everything else i'm cool with. O and get more cards for initial D my asian friend was sad he couldn't play.
    prettyprettygood.jpg
    yea man that m.bison of yours was good, you should start playing again, we have about 4-5 regulars on CVS2 and they are pretty good...

The ps3 showcase cab is an unfinished project of mine that i never got back to...its been at the arcade since the release of MVC3...i took home today the control panel and i will see what is the problem, xplict91 told me the buttons are stiff, maybe the micro switches suck? but i ordered some omron switches, also fixing the overlay and installing a plexi sheet...

as for the initial d cards we bought like 20 cards and in 2 weeks they were all gone! they are also very expensive and you need to buy them in bulk...

just letting u kno just dont wear red or blue, ppl are iffy there lol, other than that its a good place to chill no drama keep it at home!

thats what i was talking about! damn!
    well I think you need to get the buttons to be Convex opposed to concave. That could just be the reason they feel stuck. Cause when i play easier character like ryu,rufus,ken and ect...They feel fine just the more complicated characters feel a bit more rough. When do the cvs2 players come cause the more the merrier.
    prettyprettygood.jpg
  • Xplict91Xplict91 Avatar Maker =] Joined: Posts: 74
    xplict91 told me the buttons are stiff, maybe the micro switches suck? but i ordered some omron switches

buttons do press at times, but when it comes to poppin out the ultra that kills it for me
    thats what i was talking about! damn!

ahaha its not that bad tho, just ppl in that area dont like seeing ppl wearing all of 1 color, starts drama, but if u dont ppl are cool and they dont care , been workin there for 23 years, so u know alot when u see it lol
    When do the cvs2 players come cause the more the merrier.

ok, there is one guy that comes almost every sunday to play like 5-6 games of CVS2 solo in the morning, then he plays metal slug x to challenge himself on how far he can get with only 1 credit, he is very good with athena, king, and mai...

then there is 2 guys that come together, both play with blanka, yamazaki, sagat k-groove...they have been regulars since the time we had CVS2 in the shitty midway cab back in 02...we changed it to a big blue in 06 and then the showcase cab this year

last one is a guy that brings his family and he plays with sakura, blanks, m. bison on a groove, and yea he does all them fancy a groove combos...

ever since the owner raised the price on CVS2 due to the faulty i/o board (capcom i/o is not cheap) these ppl started to leave more earlier, shit there was times they wouldn't leave till 4!
    DSCN3024.jpg

well i brought it home, ill be having some friends over and test it out and see what we can do..i have not heard no complaints about the joysticks...should i leave the happ ones?
  • crispyZIMcrispyZIM Joined: Posts: 12
    personally i like the sanwa sticks more. happ sticks feel a little too stiff to me.
    Yea, thoes bat sticks were kinda stuff. Sanwa Sticks please :3. I'll prob be there this weekend since it is in walking distance.

Thats if i dont get too busy playing FFXIV >.>
    When do the cvs2 players come cause the more the merrier.
    I usually come around 11 or so. If you wanna get some games in we can, I usually use C and A groove.
    fuck a relationship. god told that stupid bitch eve not to eat the fuckin mango or whatever, the bitch did, and fucked everyone. fuck women! shout out to snakes! -jimmy1200
    I usually come around 11 or so. If you wanna get some games in we can, I usually use C and A groove.

well i might be going again on sunday around 11 if not sooner or a bit later. Seeing i never come on time :)
    prettyprettygood.jpg
    hey whats the address for this place? and the bus 40 drop you off anywhere near it?
    hey whats the address for this place? and the bus 40 drop you off anywhere near it?

2542 S El Dorado St
    Stockton, CA 95206

you have to go to the back side of the fleamarket where the parking lot is and once you walk in its immediately to your right...

if i remember correctly bus 51 passes by the front of the fleamarket and 310 passes by the park that is next to the fleamarket...

just a quick update, for the ps3 showcase we are rebuilding the CP since mounting sanwa sticks and buttons wont work on the current CP, and SF3 will be up and running this weekend...
    2542 S El Dorado St
    Stockton, CA 95206

you have to go to the back side of the fleamarket where the parking lot is and once you walk in its immediately to your right...

if i remember correctly bus 51 passes by the front of the fleamarket and 310 passes by the park that is next to the fleamarket...

just a quick update, for the ps3 showcase we are rebuilding the CP since mounting sanwa sticks and buttons wont work on the current CP, and SF3 will be up and running this weekend...

you should sell me a happ stick
    prettyprettygood.jpg
  • RpgRpg Joined: Posts: 61
    I go there most of the time but kind of like in the afternoons from like 12:30 and on i play ae and sometimes cvs2 which brings back a lot of memories but i do play it from time to time. Last sunday i was playing AE with this one guy i dont know what his name was or anything like that but he was pretty good. He used abel, ibbuki , zangief
    ?di=1214158255111
    I go there most of the time but kind of like in the afternoons from like 12:30 and on i play ae and sometimes cvs2 which brings back a lot of memories but i do play it from time to time. Last sunday i was playing AE with this one guy i dont know what his name was or anything like that but he was pretty good. He used abel, ibbuki , zangief
    Did you start off with rose? Because I may have been that guy.
    ohh hey, haha yeah i did. I was thinking you might of been from here anyways this week i will be there both days i think.
    ?di=1214158255111
    Yea I will be there on Saturday. I think i will be out of town on Sunday.
  • trikontrikon So yeah, i win. Joined: Posts: 194
    so is the ae and marvel cab on happs?
    Buff as F*ck
    so is the ae and marvel cab on happs?

yes, i think i made the buttons less stiff...i was practicing ultras and i was able to pull them off the first try...i even rewired the internals but as i said looks like the interest is leaning towards sanwa... i wont have enough time to rebuild it by this weekend and plus the buttons did not even arrive in time...hopefully by next weekend i have it done...
    I might be able to go tomorrow it depends i got to go to work on something so if i can make it ill go if not then on sunday for sure...
    ?di=1214158255111
  • lookitdisnublookitdisnub Joined: Posts: 119
    Any CvS2 players going today (Saturday)?
    If anyone wants to actually play cvs2 and level up hardcore be here tomorrow around 11-12. I'll be there around that time to play and answer questions/help.
    Great games today. Man was i rusty but i was able to win some matches with my Tron. I'll be back tomorrow Starkilled. Wanna learn some CvS2 so i can beat my friends the next time they come over with CvS2 :3