"My Spider-sense is gone :(" The UMVC3 Spider-Man Change Log Thread UPDATED!!!

Comments

• AirborneAirborne The Mad Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,090
    Actually, it was a complete accident lol. I think I was trying to do web ball xx zip somewhere and I must've pressed the two :atk: buttons too early. =\ It's funny because it looks like I was trying to punish his teleport; it would've actually connected if it wasn't such a god-awful angle.
    Robo-mitsu: Wish I could ride a robo-tiger to work.
    Evil_Rahsaan: Airborne ur a mad scientist.
    XxDiana_PrinceXx: 6 years old shouldnt be playing sf4 its not suited for her, sorry!!! SSF4 is rated T for 13 and above. :nono:
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 890
    yeah thats what I thought you were doing because you only had a meter. Did you get excited and intimidated when you saw him? I know I would be if I fight him, especially because there is a small chance that tons of people will see me make stupid mistakes and drop combos lol.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,076
    Hey you can only worry about your game at hand and the way you play it. Thinking about what others think while you are playing or ever actually is what distracts you in the beginning. Learn after the match then adapt if you're playing in a set and practice it later if you still had problems with it.

I blame it on Airborne... *shrug*
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    Tbh, I just felt motivated to play better when I saw his name. In fact, I went into the match very confident and I think I felt far less nervous going into the match then I normally do in a Ranked Match because I knew what I was getting into. As soon as I saw those 3 characters on my screen, I immediately started constructing my game plan:

Play Safe, Play Patiently

One mindless rushdown would've most likely cost me my Spider-man, because of the bullets and ninjas flyin' everywhere. @___@ I wasn't ready for Jam Session though, lol.

But yeah, as you can see, I was easily the most patient player in that video, which allowed me to simply win the game solely based off of Max's mistakes, lol. I didn't let myself fall into his silly shenanigans.
    XxDiana_PrinceXx: 6 years old shouldnt be playing sf4 its not suited for her, sorry!!! SSF4 is rated T for 13 and above. :nono:
    Yeah Maximilian has the disadvantage of having everyone see what he plays like, but he has the intimidation factor on some people. The way he moves with his dante though still makes me wonder how I would block that with lag. God I hate laggy cross-ups.
    Hell, I don't recall ever watching for his style in past videos that I've watched. That shit was all of my match-up experience, lol.
    lol real nice job then. I guess I see why you say Spidey should be played more patiently (even though it was mostly you're nova killing everything.)
    Yeah, Chuck Norris and Jimmy Graham were the deciding factor in that match, lol.
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,558
    if rushdown isn't working just run the heck away with spiderman, dodge/block their assist setup, and then do something. then run away again.

this is my formula. go into ALL DEFENSE MODE and then try to see if there is an opening. then go back to all defense mode.
    youtube mvci/sfv/etc. twitter @delbuster
    I always run the hell away from haggar and his pipe and wait for my Iron Fist assist to hit him. I learned a very crucial lesson when I tried to rush in with and airdash on haggar
    LOOOL The most Bullshit thing happened on live on my part today. Was playing some guy (I believe he was running Hulk, RR, Wesker) and when it got down to his Wesker X-factor-less against my Spidey and the other two characters on my team., I had him in the corner and did an air dash j.:s: on him while he was chicken guarding. I landed and started mashing c.:l: --for god knows what reason-- on the same side as him and as soon as he landed, I crossed under him without any additional inputs and opened him up with a c.:l:. I understand that it was due to the wave landing-type momentum you get when you air dash :atk: at a certain height from the ground, but GOD was it stupid. That's something that I'm not sure if I could replicate in a match ever again, LOL.

But yeah, playing Spidey/Frank/Nova is making me a little too reliant on exchanges when I know for a fact that I can get level 5 from my BnB and not have to worry about Aerial Exchange Counters. However, I can still get Frank from level 1 to 4 off of any hit confirm with just Centurion Rush assist without even popping X-Factor, so I'm fine with just trying to kill as many people as possible with Spider-man if I'm left dealing with MU's that require Spider-man to have meter (Phoenix, Hawkeye, Spencer, etc.)
    the other day this is what happened

as 2p, i pressed a button and got team hyper combo at the beginning because my stick was set incorrectly, it was just crawler assault. i paused and changed controls. my friend just blocked and did a crossover counter to doom missiles (probably to just even out the meter) and so i backdashed a few times to avoid the missiles.... and teleported to the other side of the screen (autocorrected back dash as well)
    Does anyone here have the gamertag Spider Hiryu?
    Gonna add another notch to my chalkboard tonight for people that I've convinced to pick up Spidey-Dorm! XD GG's to iNerd, Kookymanus, Mufasa, and Manji. Shit was too fun.
  • Killa SasaKilla Sasa I've made a huge mistake Joined: Posts: 609
    Uhh I'll put it here I guess.

I heard Brightside knocked Viscant in to loser's 3-0. Good stuff mang.
    Ultimate is dat fun.
    Peter/Clint/Laura
    GT: KillaBMike PSN: Killasasa
    i saw that pool in the directory and i was like... i expect brightside to make it out, maybe in loser's, but he has a great matchup advantage vs wesker and phoenix. he's also one of the smartest spidey players in terms of safety, so he'll be wary of lariat.
    Did this happen last night on the Ultimate Fighting Game tournament? I missed it last night.
    not on stream
    http://twitter.com/#!/OmGiTzAndre/status/206478852439031810

Plays Brightside to get to top 16. I think Brightside can do it, plus Spidey goes even or better against everyone on that team IMO.

Just watch dat DISRUPTAH and the stand L's while getting your Andrew Garfield on, mang.
    Ultimate is dat fun.
    Peter/Clint/Laura
    spidey loses to magneto and vergil
    By himself yeah I could see that. I just mean they're not the worst draw he could've gotten.

He loses most stuff on his own, hahaha

Edit: Brightside in top 8? Good Ass Job.
    Ultimate is dat fun.
    Peter/Clint/Laura
    good stuff brightside. he'll have to beat flocker to get into top 4. better than playing vs justin, and maybe less annoying to play against than dieminion, but i think brightside has got a chance. flocker is an incredible player though, and his blocking is really good. spiderman doesn't have incredible mixups so his hits are going to have to be from the unblockable, air throws, or just flocker throwing out moves that spiderman can beat.
    Spidey loses to Vergil not Mags
    imo spidey loses to mags and my team esp with vajra loses to shockwave. magneto has mobility that rivals spiderman and shockwave makes spidey have to respect mags whereas mags doesn't need to respect spidey. disruptor also pretty good
    Assist aside, because that can go to anyone, Shockwave and random grabs are the only real thing he has to worry about. Mags tri jump pressure loses to even normals. Disruptor, as fast as it is, isn't unavoidable and is punishable if he can't lock you down to begin with, and his mobility isnt as good as Spideys unless you are doing the same stuff over again. Mags chasing Spidey can be beat by web swing, to which you can either burn the meter to x factor kill or take said opportunity to start your pressure or go back to running. Gravity shenanigans only become a pain when certain assist are thrown in the mix but even thats able to get around. Vergil is the worse matchup simply because his range is stupid good he's fast and his shit can lead into death a lot worse than Mags.
    First time a Spidey has gotten top 3 at a major. Good stuff, Brightside! Still pissed I wasn't able to go.
  • RaohRaoh AU Spider Joined: Posts: 968
    Did they stream his match with Flocker? I wasn't able to catch it. :(
    Spider-Man - Combos and Tech
    PSN: KingRaou - Spider-Man/Hawkeye<>Dr.Doom
    Yessir, he won 3-2 with a clutch Chaotic Flame to close the set.

Edit: I sadly knew in the back of my head that he wasn't able to beat Chris G in GF's, but that was a great run for someone that only had Dark Hole to back his Spidey up in terms of advancement.

Wish I could've gone but I'll just have to wait for another Midwest tournament after this summer. I'll be ready to bust some heads by then!
  • iNerd18iNerd18 iSpidey Joined: Posts: 1,944
    Don;t sleep on cr.M, that normal sucks for combos but its a great AA. When magneto does ABC cancel flight, that's a free Cr.M x S

Same goes for the spencer, zip toward you and come down with s. cr.M THAT!
    "Gimmie this gat damn mic" - Sanford Kelly
    Don;t sleep on cr.M, that normal sucks for combos but its a great AA. When magneto does ABC cancel flight, that's a free Cr.M x S

Same goes for the spencer, zip toward you and come down with s. cr.M THAT!
    cr.:m: beats like everything of Spencer's. It's actually a better point-blank footsie tool since it comes out in 5 frames, whereas c.:l: has 6 frames of startup.
    This thread hasn't been posted in for a while but this thread is what has usually been used for a general discussion thread. It should probably be renamed or I can make a new one but either way let's try to keep the boards free of random topics. We are like the fourth most active character board on SRK for Marvel after Zero, Mags, and Dante if I remember right. Let's stay tidy :lol:
  • mozart0341mozart0341 Im kind of a big deal you guys Joined: Posts: 275
    cr.:m: beats like everything of Spencer's. It's actually a better point-blank footsie tool since it comes out in 5 frames, whereas c.:l: has 6 frames of startup.
    yeah, I never understood why they did that. So i guess the reason for that 5 frame start on c.:m: was cuz they meant it to be used as an anti air also
    It's only dangerous if you don't know what your doing!
    it's because crL has more horizontal range and hits low and is chainable
  • iNerd18iNerd18 iSpidey Joined: Posts: 1,944
    This thread hasn't been posted in for a while but this thread is what has usually been used for a general discussion thread. It should probably be renamed or I can make a new one but either way let's try to keep the boards free of random topics. We are like the fourth most active character board on SRK for Marvel after Zero, Mags, and Dante if I remember right. Let's stay tidy :lol:

I agree Xero, anyone want to start suggesting names? We can make this the Gen Discussion thread.
    "Gimmie this gat damn mic" - Sanford Kelly
    You the only one who can rename it :lol: have at it.
    Just an idea off the top of my head would be "The Spider-Island General Discussion Thread", although that may be a bit too deceiving so "Spider-Island: The Spider-man General Discussion Thread"?
  • X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232
    Spidey loses to Vergil not Mags

Everyone loses to Vergil, retarded range, safe all day, HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY, (hmm I wanna change it up a bit), FORWARD HEAVY (oh hey my heavy missed but I got the option select for air throw anyway) time to teleport, launch and..... Special!
    SMH
    If Vanilla Dante and ANY Wesker made love and had a child- it would be Vergil
    So whenever someone uses the "team trench coat" I call it team one big happy family (dad) Wesker, (mom) Dante and (the retarded love child) Vergil
    SMH
  • mozart0341mozart0341 Im kind of a big deal you guys Joined: Posts: 275
    Everyone loses to Virgil, retarded range, safe all day, HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY, (hmm I wanna change it up a bit), FORWARD HEAVY (oh hey my heavy missed but I got the option select for air throw anyway) time to teleport, launch and..... Special!
    SMH
    If Vanilla Dante and ANY Wesker made love and had a child- it would be Virgil
    So whenever someone uses the "team trench coat" I call it team one big happy family (dad) Wesker, (mom) Dante and (the retarded love child) Virgil
    SMH
    I dont think every one losses to Vergil his hardest match ups to me are Capt.America, zero, task master and c.viper
    It's only dangerous if you don't know what your doing!
  • X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232
    I dont think every one losses to Vergil his hardest match ups to me are Capt.America, zero, task master and c.viper

Those you listed are a solid group in good company, that give a lot of the cast trouble though, saying Vergil has a tough time against solid characters does not do much to bolster my faith that Verg does not have to work all to hard to get the damage he does.
    Pay attention to Cap's shield patterns. They all have a huge opening where Spidey kills Cap. Zero gives everyone problems but so long as you aren't trying to swing everywhere and know his buster shot angles you can punish his sword attempts with spider sting and air dashes with UWT. Somehow I do decent against Tasky by simply not moving much against him. I wave dash in increments against him and dash jump arrows if he is trying to stop my ground movement. If I'm in the air I've learned to just wait him out and see how he reacts. If you try to rush at him head on in the air his counter will fuck you up. On the ground though the counter isn't a problem so long as you aren't sticking out moves with long recovery. s/c :l: and s:m: can be canceled into web ball to counter his counter. If you are trying to kill him and have a team with instant super that allows followup (Spidey/Storm/Doom). You can THC on reaction and proceed to kill him from there whilst building a bar back. There's other little tricks to the matchup but I'm about to go to sleep. Viper is 50/50 IMO. If she's on the ground it's her game, if she takes to the air it's yours.