"My Spider-sense is gone :(" The UMVC3 Spider-Man Change Log Thread UPDATED!!!

1202122232426»

Comments

• phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,558
    i've finally hit that point where i am very confident in my spidey execution. i've been hitting the bnb i've been having so much trouble with all this time with pretty good consistency and i've been even able to do it on pad after a few tries, on my side looking at the tv sideways while lying on the ground, etc

:o
    youtube mvci/sfv/etc. twitter @delbuster
  • willy7867willy7867 Joined: Posts: 151
    Not quite sure where to ask this because there seems to be no Questions/Answers thread for Spider-Man??
    But I've been trying to do my BnB with Spider-Man and Spencer. :l:>:m:>:h:> Webthrow:l:> ADF> Webglide DF> j.:h:>st.:m:>:s:>sj > j.:m:>j.:m:> j.:h:>j.:s:>Spencer Assist B + Webglide OTG>:s: Webthrow :h:.
    My problem is the Webthrow :h:. Sometimes It doesn't go through the throw animation it just hits the opponenet in the air counting for 1 hit and then they can air recover. My question is why does this happen sometimes and not others?
  • RaohRaoh AU Spider Joined: Posts: 968
    Not quite sure where to ask this because there seems to be no Questions/Answers thread for Spider-Man??
    But I've been trying to do my BnB with Spider-Man and Spencer. :l:>:m:>:h:> Webthrow:l:> ADF> Webglide DF> j.:h:>st.:m:>:s:>sj > j.:m:>j.:m:> j.:h:>j.:s:>Spencer Assist B + Webglide OTG>:s: Webthrow :h:.
    My problem is the Webthrow :h:. Sometimes It doesn't go through the throw animation it just hits the opponenet in the air counting for 1 hit and then they can air recover. My question is why does this happen sometimes and not others?
    I think it's because web throw has a height/distance limit or restriction. You will probably notice this when you try to catch someone from sj height, from the other side of the screen (usually Mag - mag blast or Doom - finger lasers). Also, iirc, if you do MS DHCed into Stalking Flare then tag to Spidey for a web throw, the same thing would happen.
    Spider-Man - Combos and Tech
    PSN: KingRaou - Spider-Man/Hawkeye<>Dr.Doom
  • ||SSJTRUNKS||||SSJTRUNKS|| Addicted to Bacon Strips! Joined: Posts: 23
    I'm new to spiderman and I have a question I wanna ask?

Does spidey have any incoming mixups on characters coming in? I have Spidey---Task---Doom? Or any character that's good with spidey with the mix-up?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.-Theodore Roosevelt
    i've finally hit that point where i am very confident in my spidey execution. i've been hitting the bnb i've been having so much trouble with all this time with pretty good consistency and i've been even able to do it on pad after a few tries, on my side looking at the tv sideways while lying on the ground, etc

:eek:
    nope
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    *sigh* Guess I'll have to start working on the synergy videos tonight to show you how amazing Spidey-Frank is.

i can attest to this. i recently just picked up frank in addition to my spidey and dante (ive subbed hsien ko for the time being)

i was wondering if anyone could help me getting frank to level 4 (without meter) from this spidey opener....

cr.[:l:][:m:][:h:]xx [:l:]webswing .....

ive got a level 4 frank setup without meter from cr.[:l:][:m:]st[:h:]xx [:l:]web throw, but if you are outside of the closest range theres the risk that the web throw will not connect in time.

im using frank shopping cart assist as well as dante jam session, which i save for after the hard tag with spidey to get 2 snapshots in.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    Just do your starter cr.[:l:][:m:][:h:]xx [:l:]webswing ..... to [j:m: j:m: j:s:] or [j:h: j:s:] to s:h: xx web throw, :l: for higher damage) then work from there.
    Just do your starter cr.[:l:][:m:][:h:]xx [:l:]webswing ..... to [j:m: j:m: j:s:] or [j:h: j:s:] to s:h: xx web throw, :l: for higher damage) then work from there.

thats what ive been going for so far, the problem is though is that the hitstun decay seems to run out very quickly. it would be easier if i just listed the combo i need to adjust.

cr.[:l:][:m:][:h:] xx [:l:]webswing j [:m:][:m:][:s:] st. [:h:] [:l:] webthrow (dash forwards) call frank shopping cart assist, OTG webzip [:m:] webthrow ....

the problem is that i pretty much HAVE to use the frank assist in order to get the extra hits in the combo (i need 20 min to get level 4 frank) but i also need to finish with spidersting-bite in order to set up the raw tag to frank. im pretty sure this is impossible to set up another OTG after the second webthrow as they flip out right away. you cant use the assist and the spider bite in the same sequence as frank does not cooldown quick enough to be raw tagged to.

i honestly cant think of what else i can do after using that particular starter.
    I don't have much experience with using Frank and Spidey but I think it's possible to just to a combo to MS then DHC whiff to Frank. From there it may be possible to do camera+jam session+camera. Not sure if it's going to work and how many levels you can get from that though.

If you just need 20 hits before the raw tag, you can probably use part of my bnb for leveling Frank; Otavio also uses this for his Dante raw tag combos.

s/c:l: c:m: c:h: xx :l: web swing j:m: j:m: j:s: s:h: xx :l: web throw OTG j:s: s:m: c:h: xx :l: web swing j:m: j:m: j:s: s:h: xx :l: sting/bite
  • AirborneAirborne The Mad Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,090

Meterless stuff is towards the end of the video.
    Robo-mitsu: Wish I could ride a robo-tiger to work.
    Evil_Rahsaan: Airborne ur a mad scientist.
    XxDiana_PrinceXx: 6 years old shouldnt be playing sf4 its not suited for her, sorry!!! SSF4 is rated T for 13 and above. :nono:
    possible ideas for order spidey dante frank:

meterless:
    kara sting, web throw into corner, raw tag dante, wallbounce into sky dance, raw tag frank
    if you are already in the corner, raw tag dante after the sting

meters
    sting, raw tag frank, THC

maximum spider, devil trigger, sky dance raw tag frank
    i figured something out, although it starts with cr. series into l web ball rather than the web swing. i think the range is slightly better than st.H into web throw but still not quite as good as cr. H into web swing.

cr . :l::m: :h: xx :l: web ball, st . :l::m: :h: xx web throw :m: (dash forwards) call frank cart (OTG web zip web throw :m: (dash forwards) OTG web zip j. :h: st. :m::h: spider sting :l: - bite.

ill check out that video as well although i know my execution is nowhere near as good as the resident spidey pros.
  • Tickle BrisketTickle Brisket Joined: Posts: 72
    Hey guys i picked up this game not too long ago and i'm a big Spider-man fan...however i was wondering what is the reason for picking up this character i heard he is B/C tier with high execution for what he is, so my question is why not play a better character? i don't mean to discourage or insult Spidey players i just don't see the reason.
    there really isn't one if you're looking for pure competitiveness.

you can put a lot of time into him and you will get some reward, but if your goal is purely to win tournaments, definitely steer clear.
  • Tickle BrisketTickle Brisket Joined: Posts: 72
    there really isn't one if you're looking for pure competitiveness.

you can put a lot of time into him and you will get some reward, but if your goal is purely to win tournaments, definitely steer clear.

Aww that sucks, i love Spider-Man =[ but thank you.
    Nah, those who use him at the moment just aren't that good enough yet.
    Nah, those who use him at the moment just aren't that good enough yet.
    It appears that the variable that represents this statement is approaching positive infinity over a short period of time.
    XxDiana_PrinceXx: 6 years old shouldnt be playing sf4 its not suited for her, sorry!!! SSF4 is rated T for 13 and above. :nono:
    Hey guys i picked up this game not too long ago and i'm a big Spider-man fan...however i was wondering what is the reason for picking up this character i heard he is B/C tier with high execution for what he is, so my question is why not play a better character? i don't mean to discourage or insult Spidey players i just don't see the reason.

if youre relatively new to the game anyway i dont think youll be winning tournies any time soon. if you love the character then just play as him anyway.

people are in such a rush to pick a tourney winning team all the time and give up playing characters they actually want to play. its not like hes bottom tier or anything like that.

plus you have the benefit of a lot of people having never played good spiderman players. with good assists behind him he can be a colossal pain in the ass.
  • Hush of the WindHush of the Wind We will damn sure Avenge you Joined: Posts: 59
    Skinhoff, i wish i got to see you play at Big Two #50, but they didnt stream you at all. i seen you did pretty well for yourself on the brackets. Im glad you beat Flux, but im sorry you had to come across Morridoom. how as that match up for you, did you feel you had control at?
  • RenhoffRenhoff Joined: Posts: 272
    Skinhoff, i wish i got to see you play at Big Two #50, but they didnt stream you at all. i seen you did pretty well for yourself on the brackets. Im glad you beat Flux, but im sorry you had to come across Morridoom. how as that match up for you, did you feel you had control at?
    Thanks dude. I didn't get to play against Chris' morridoom, but I did play against Nerdjosh. It's a pain in the ass is all I can say. I did pretty well for a bit, but he came back and was on point with Morrigan, and I just couldn't do anything about it. I was thinking after that I may have to try out different assist combinations, or completely kick Doom off the team... I'm pretty horrible with him, I just like him for his assist honestly.

I had a lot of fun though, and it was good experience. I may have beaten Flux in tournament, but I played a few casuals against him after, and his Zero completely demolished me. I still have a lot to learn, especially now that people are becoming fiercer and I can't just herp derp foot dive with anchor Doom. Also, I picked up Dante last week and need to polish him a TON.
  • RenhoffRenhoff Joined: Posts: 272
    Thanks dude. I didn't get to play against Chris' morridoom, but I did play against Nerdjosh. It's a pain in the ass is all I can say. I did pretty well for a bit, but he came back and was on point with Morrigan, and I just couldn't do anything about it. I was thinking after that I may have to try out different assist combinations, or completely kick Doom off the team... I'm pretty horrible with him, I just like him for his assist honestly.

I had a lot of fun though, and it was good experience. I may have beaten Flux in tournament, but I played a few casuals against him after, and his Zero completely demolished me. I still have a lot to learn, especially now that people are becoming fiercer and I can't just herp derp foot dive with anchor Doom. Also, I picked up Dante last week and need to polish him a TON.
    morrigan matchup is the most difficult

zero matchup is difficult but at least both characters run some sort of approaching game

Both match-ups require some insane patience. /noshit,airborne

I don't really have anything to say about fighting Morrigan since I haven't played against a good Morridoom yet, but against Zero, you basically just want to chill until he pops his Buster. The ideal position is:
    -Same height off the ground as Zero, or slightly above
    -Between mid and full screen distance

I prefer this position because it allows you to avoid the buster, all the while being able to throw the jackass if he tries to advance at all. Using wall jump can help you sit in that area where lightning isn't as effective, and web ball and zip provide you the ability to chill there for a slightly more extended period of time.

Provided the Zero is a fast-learner, you will need to be prepared for :h: Lightning snipes if he catches on to the wall jump antics.

But yeah, once he pops his buster, prepare to flood the screen with as much shit as possible. ;O Kill tha bitch.
    Has anyone compiled a full list of changed to spidey?

Really would like to see it once more... i think i'm going to try to main zero ... farewell...

[except when i learn a midscreen LL followup to maximum spider. then i might play spidey zero dante on the side]
    a friend of mine mentioned that there was some kind pf glitch using spidey web ball assist that reset damage scaling (or at least reduced it) im pretty certain he wasnt meaning the DHC glitch thing that was in vanilla either.

anyone know what he was talking about or was he mistaken?
  • JohypnolJohypnol Freeter Parker Joined: Posts: 228
    ^

not sure if it's a combo counter/training mode glitch. someone said it might also be similar to deadpool's bolo glitch where assists do unscaled damage, but considering this is rogue yoshi tech i don't think anyone actually knows
    ^^

ahh so theres nothing like that in ultimate then? i guess ill give it a go, but i think they pop out even faster when its late in a combo making a followups nigh impossible.
  • JohypnolJohypnol Freeter Parker Joined: Posts: 228
    rogue yoshi commented on the video saying it still works...not that anyone else can seem to do it
    If there is a way to use web ball to replicate the glitch in Ultimate, it will probably not be worth the trouble since web ball's state of capture is too highly affected by hit stun deterioration. That, and the opponent is stuck in an aerial state for a majority of the time frame.