Lucky Bear's Den - Long Beach Weekly Sessions :: Next session 3/11

lukybearlukybear Let's get Long Beach GOING!Joined: Posts: 241
edited March 2016 in Pacific South
Next Session is 3/11!!! Hit me up asap and request a spot on the roster. This has limited space so I will not be allowing more than 10 individuals to come through on a first come first serve basis.

Again: There are 10 positions available for the next session.

Alright y'all. I've been lurking in the shadows, playing fighting games casually and enjoying the quiet days of my age. Street Fighter V has set a fire within me that has me thinking, "Whatever happened to those epic sessions from back in the day?" Well my answer is to bring them back. The hype, and the high level play is coming back to Long Beach! Let's GO!

Location: Corner of Market and Cherry in North Long Beach CA.
Time: Friday 03/11/16 ~ 2pm-8pm
Price: FREE! (donations graciously accepted, help keep it free!)
The Games: SFV(on PC & PS4) --Bring your own stick!--
**If you want to bring a PS4 with SFV please do!!**

Rules: **IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!**
Be aware I will be inviting you into my home, please respect it as such.
-No smoking If you need to smoke there's a back area where you can do so, but anywhere near my apartment is a no go.
-Be a Ninja when outside the apartment. If you're chilling outside the apartment for some reason please do so quetly and respectfully. Sound carries very well in this complex.
-House rules can and will switch at any time between best of 3 and arcade rules (best of 1). If the rules switch during your set you will be allowed to finish it, but respect the other players and give up your spot when it's time to do so.
-Respect everyone. I don't care who they are if you're being disrespected tell me immediately. This is not an arcade or a big public venue, this is my home. Treat everyone how you wish to be treated, unless you're some kind of weird masochistic sociopath who enjoys emotional abuse. In that case just be really really nice.

This session is going to float, so it won't always be on Wednesdays. I won't be providing refreshments so bring a water bottle that you can refill. This session is free but I do take donations to reduce the overhead cost. I lost two XBox 360s (RROD and Open Tray errors) and my other Xbox's usb port got screwed up by someone who didn't know the difference between up and down. What I'm saying is this costs me real money to keep running, so help out if you can!

Important: This session has a 11 persons cap (including me.) That means there are 10 invites available each week. Hit me up if you want to come and I'll be as fair as possible with the slots. I have a selection process that will help keep it fair. Be aware that claiming a slot at the session and not showing up will lower your priority for selection in the future. To grab an invite you have to text my phone number with your name and whether you are able to bring a fight stick/pad.

Also Important! I'll likely have a stream set up with a webcam. If you're not into that then wear a luchador mask. That'd be awesome anyway. Actually just wear the mask regardless of how you feel about the webcam/stream stuff.

Feel free to text me at (562)484-4647 or PM here if you have questions.
Post edited by lukybear on
Hosting weekly sessions in Long Beach! Punch Face Time!
-->Check me out on twitter, and youtube Google: ThatLuckyBear

Comments

• BakaSan03BakaSan03 aka TheGenuisMasher , Lame Joined: Posts: 10
    Last session was super fun I'll be heading over again this week!
    MvC3 : Task, Wesker, Spencer. SSF4 : M. Bison. Ult. Marvel 3 Task, Vergil / Nova, Wesker SxT : King, Bison
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    it was fun, gotta step up my marvel game though. will go this weekend if I can
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • lukybearlukybear Let's get Long Beach GOING! Joined: Posts: 241
    Nice, I'll be looking forward to your level-ups! I need to get some more matches in against your vega, we we're really close. I'm pretty sure we can get your team powered up in mvc3 also, see you tomorrow hopefully!
  • Zerogundam7Zerogundam7 Violence is limitless power! Joined: Posts: 24
    Aww. I've been practicing the last few days, but I cant make it man. Too much shit to do during the week. Sunday session was fun tho, learning them Doom and Zero combos that D0s and pedoviejo did as we speak.
    SSFIVAE: Seth, E. Ryu
    MvC3: Zero, Doom, Sent
    Very nice! We're probably gonna have evo stream this weekend too so there will be casual games breaking out too!
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ah well I posted in the wrong thread before but I'm gonna try to make it out to tonights session, not 100% sure I'll make it though

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Nice! Hope you make it cuz Allen is gonna be here, he's really been training up his Makoto so you guys need to talk!
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Haha my SF4 is so rusty, and my MvC3 just sucks, should be fun

e$ports
    Haha! Yeah man, I know how it feels. My SF4 was garbage when I played last week. It was a good time though, I was raising sodium levels with She Hulk.
  • d0sd0s Junglist Joined: Posts: 74
    wont be able to make it today got finals and shit
    SSF4: Rose Seth Cody
    SFV: Laura ???
    Finals don't go forever, but the session does. Man up and come after your last test.
  • Surfer87Surfer87 Joined: Posts: 38
    Is the turnout for marvel 3 big ? like a dozen people or so ?

might be interested, don't have anybody good to play against. and online lags bad !
    We don't have a huge marvel crowd after evo I might get bigger. We've got a couple beefy players that will give you quite a challenge. Also we have some decent knowlege too so we should be able to level you up! Come on through!
    Update Bump!! Session incoming this Thursday at 2pm!!
  • Tape-botTape-bot y'all dig? Joined: Posts: 278
    ill try to make it there for thursday to get some MVC3 matches xD
    i'm ass in sf4 but i'll play it to learn it ^_^'
    "You can't do the Dutch Rudder to yourself. It defeats the purpose. Its no fun." - Joe (Lovepig)
    I'm going to Florida for a week starting wednesday, but once I get back I'm going to be hitting these sessions. Either gonna be focusing on MvC3 or AE, I'm not sure which yet I feel way behind in both

e$ports
    @PimpWilly I can't stop having fun in Marvel so I'll be leveling there for now! We'll do our best to level you up when you get back! Have a safe trip!

@Tape-bot Sick! We're glad to help out! We have a decent amount of collective knowledge so hopefully we can help you out in AE! I'm pretty ass myself :( hope to see you this week though!

@everyone looking pretty hype this week. We might need another setup or two!
  • SudetenSudeten Think back, pilgrim Joined: Posts: 218
    i'd like to come to this i really want to get off xbox live and be more into a community thing, The LB 2gg at csulb isnt frequent enough for me. Is this at someones house or something or is it like an internet cafe kinda place? Thanks
    @Sudten : Yeah, I'm trying to get the community in Long Beach a little more fired up since there's so man players here that don't really have a good place to go. I'm hosting at my apartment, its not huge but we can hold a decent number of people. We have a really good environment though and some pretty beastly players come through.
  • SudetenSudeten Think back, pilgrim Joined: Posts: 218
    ok cool i want to show up for this. can you pm me details?
    ok cool i want to show up for this. can you pm me details?
    You got it, sending the PM any minute now. Also I just found out NGG is doing another tourney over at CSULB! I'm planning on entering so I'll be in full tourney training mode for the next week, especially on thursday. Everyone bring your A game!!!
  • Mister EMister E Joined: Posts: 19
    I will be out there tomorrow at around 4:00PM and possibly bringing a friend. I play MvC3 and AE and wanted to continue leveling up after my experience at EVO. I hope to learn alot tomorrow.
  • I Gotchu TwiceI Gotchu Twice Joined: Posts: 89
    I may grace you all with my presence.
    We will be stoked if you make it! Its gonna be a rad session I'm pretty sure. I played some Marvel 3 online, went even with two guys who were better than me and was mega-salty. I need to level up bad, I'm not even close to tourney shape!
    will not be able to make it this week. was really looking forward to it because I wanted to try some concepts I had come up with in Marvel.

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    =( aw shitburgers. We'll get you sooner or later. I'll keep it going! Looks like Black Juan, Allen, TheGeniusMasher, D0s, DJVest, and myself are likely to be present tooday, we've got a couple strong players for bothe AE and Mvc3. I hope you guys bring annoying and mind numbing tactics that force me to level up =|
    I'm hungry
    Bring some bread slices and ill make you a hamburger, bring cheese if you want a cheeseburger! Also show up early for food, don't wanna make people jealous. I can make velveeta and shells too =O
    i won't be able to go today =/
    for sure next week if you guys have it again xD

btw IGT sucks, and DJvest is koo. there i said it hahaha
    "You can't do the Dutch Rudder to yourself. It defeats the purpose. Its no fun." - Joe (Lovepig)
    Lol hahahaha! Good shit man. Next week!
    I think I'm going to need a ride right now I'm in the process of making chicken salad u dunno if i wilk be able to get the meggle to brig me
    Seriously everyone, thanks for making the session an amazing success. We're gonna do it again next week, but I don't know the day yet. Thanks to everyone who showed up. Shout-outs to Black Juan and I GotChu Twice for not only bringing an extra setup just cuz, but also for blowing us up and making us salty as fuck! Looking forward to the next session, special thanks going to everyone who exposed me for the scrub I am!! Keep it hype, lets go with the momentum!!
  • AyoChipAyoChip Joined: Posts: 536
    Thanks for having me over Lucky, I appreciate it. It's nice to find a session in a new area. That just means I gotta prove myself to you guys, which I'm more then happy to do. I'll also try and bring some special guests.
  • nzgcnzgc Joined: Posts: 260
    Hey all

I'm a club member at CSULB and we been hosting a biweekly at CSULB on saturday. We are having one this sat and people should make it!

If you can come to this session then you can make it to the tourney. It's like 10 mins from each other

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-6-2011-2gg-ranbat-2-6-csulb-long-beach-ca-free-nos-drinks-expo-long-beach-california.137213/

Please don't view this as a tourney but as another gathering for the Long Beach players + special guests. If you live in Long Beach then please support it. LB never have a full scene before and now we have sessions and a tourney. We got strong players and a lot of hidden players too.

So, please support both the session and the event for the sake of Long Beach.
  • inControlinControl (Hit Box) Upa Joined: Posts: 287
    Sorry I couldn't make it my girl wants some attention. I'll try to make it next time. Luky try to head over to dons tonight :). Anyone's else is invited too check out the forums. We all have to try to support the scenes everywhere
    *snip*

I support this message. Go and destroy them all!!
    Sorry I couldn't make it my girl wants some attention. I'll try to make it next time. Luky try to head over to dons tonight :). Anyone's else is invited too check out the forums. We all have to try to support the scenes everywhere

Dang dude, I should have gone last night but I was tired out. Hopefully you make it next Thursday. Do you play AE at all anymore? I'm trying to get back into it!

~update~

Okay next session date is set for Thursday again! Come on over and get beasted by (or beast on) Long Beach's finest!!!!
    Shameless double-post self-bump! Session is at 2pm today! Post here or hit me up if you wanna come through! Wefe got 2 setups this week but only 2 sticks. 1AE and 1MVC3. Let me know if you can bring a setup I have TVs!
    is this still going on? i wanna go since i just got off work xD.
    PM me ur phone # and ur adress plzz
    GG gentlemen

GGs to everyone i played yesterday.